NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Road's End

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Gotcha, chief. Edited the bio to encompass the weapons. I changed out the katana for a more traditional Himalayan weapon (tarwar). I figured it would better fit the kukri. I also changed his first name as well. If there are any discrepancies please let me know, dawg.

gdV21HZ.gif

#122 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hnnnnnnnnnngh... I wanna RP...

#123 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

What am I getting myself into.

Posted Image

#124 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

What am I getting myself into.

More opportunities to kill using gruesome deaths :P

#125 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Name: Goes by simply "Serond"
Race: Light elf
Affinity: Magma

Appearance: Serond stands tall at around 6'1", and he very much enjoys his height that allows him to stand taller than some mortal men. His appearance is essentially a man's description of a typical light elf: tall and lithe, with incredibly handsome, austere facial features. His blue eyes go well with his golden-blonde hair, which extends a short ways past his shoulders. His musculature is typical of an elf: he is lean but strong, bearing well-toned muscles.

Skills: Serond's most particular skills are his memory and his extensive knowledge. Though it was nearly a hundred years ago when he dwelt in the city of Mimameidr, he is able to recall nigh-upon perfectly all of the many lessons he learned there. Serond has deep knowledge of many kinds of magic - though his knowledge of Runic magic is comparatively quite limited - and a wide variety of creatures, including monsters. His other most prominent skills are diplomacy, extensive knowledge of many spoken and written languages, and swordsmanship.
Magic: Serond is not Gifted, but he bears a handful of Divine powers bestowed upon him by Freyr, a deity he serves most loyally. He is not a high priest, however, so his abilities are minor and limited.

Weapons: An elven bow, a quiver of arrows, a knife on his leg, and most importantly, a beautifully crafted sword of Deepsilver, his most prized possession. Its hilt shimmers golden and its pommel bears the intricate design of a boar's head, with the crosspiece modeled after a pair of golden tusks.
Armor: Serond travels fairly light and wears a chain shirt underneath a suit of green leather armor, including gauntlets, boots, greaves, and shoulder pauldrons. Only on his chest does he wear some metal plate armor as protection. All of it is elven in origin.

Origins: Serond was born in Mimameidr, the son of a sage and a noblewoman. Raised with some of the very best education offered by the elven city - which is perhaps the best education in the realm, given the elves' great wisdom - Serond was pampered for much of his life. As he learned more of the world, however, Serond was taken by a wanderlust that plagues precious few of his kind. He became a Longstrider, a far-wandering elven diplomat, and visited many different peoples and cultures, taking time to learn more about each of them before moving on. As a Longstrider, he was taught use of the bow and other weapons - but, more than anything, he trained in the art of the sword, the chosen weapon of the god Freyr.
Where his heart truly lies, however, is in the tales of Men, particularly any involving magic. His absurd interest in the legends of Men is largely frowned upon by his kin, who would prefer if he stuck solely to his occupation as an envoy and a peacekeeper. This does little to deter him, however, and after hearing the story of Sir Holt, Serond quickly decided that it warranted further investigation, both for his personal interest and, supposedly, "the sake of the Ljosalfar."

Sorry for the delay. My internet usage is currently throttled back, so loading pages is a very slow and difficult process. I was going to get much more long-winded about his magic, but I'll just PM you about that later and work out the little details when my internet is more cooperative. :P Let me know how it is, particularly if the sword is too much.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#126 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

Restart post is up. I'm not quite ready to introduce the new characters (Surtur, Klaykid, and Werewolf at the moment) yet, so hang tight, folks. I'm intending on introducing them in my next post, most likely.

Posted Image

#127 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

So, if you're still accepting new character's; mine is ready to be critiqued.

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#128 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

It's a fine sign up. I'll include your character when I introduce the others.

Posted Image

#129 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

It lives!

#130 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

And our merry band expands by four.

Posted Image

#131 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

So now I have an arrogant, aloof elf... and my friendly, loyal dwarf is currently still alive.

Oh my goodness, all the possible banter.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#132 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

I try and say hi and this is what happens? Jeez...

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#133 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

I'm trying to decide at this point if I want to let you guys kill each other... :P

I am glad to see that there's finally some substantial character interaction in this RP.

Posted Image

#134 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Crud. I meant to update today and lost track of time completely. I promise there will be a post tomorrow!

Posted Image

#135 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

So I just tried to put myself in the shoes of a suspicious, bloodthirsty, vengeance-seeking warrior who's faced two days of nonstop battles only to be awoken by another group of armed travelers demanding they be followed. Things are getting interesting! Can't wait to meet Sandor anyhow.

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#136 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

So hey, Horatius, did you have anything in particular in mind with that Elven blade? Just wondering. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#137 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

So hey, Horatius, did you have anything in particular in mind with that Elven blade? Just wondering. :P

Oh, yea, probably should have mentioned that. So quick backstory, Karrel was a young warrior in his tribe when orcs invaded and took him along with most of the tribesmen (and women) prisoner. His home was burned to the ground and he struggled to survive as a slave under the orcs. He started questioning the reason behind his defiance when it only cost him more pain and freedom was impossible. He only defied them on principle, but self-doubt made him likely to break like the others. Before he did break, the orcs were attacked by some unknown foe (he heard elves, or men, or goblins, but isn't sure). With a scavenged elven blade he found, he escaped during the attack and has hunted orcs ever since.

He lives to find the owner of the beautiful blade and pay them homage out of his life-debt. I haven't figured out just who the elf-sword-wielding invaders are, but I thought it'd be a nice place to start a conversation. I'll PM you to discuss it further (for surprise factor).

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#138 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hey Wolfy, I was wondering if you were interested in continuing the RP with both of your characters. Kragnar definitely benefits from having Serond around, and vice versa. If it's a matter of you not wanting to play Kragnar anymore, then that's fine and I'll write him out, but it seems to me like you might have an even better time using both.

Posted Image

#139 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Admittedly, I'm enjoying the characters together more than I think I'd enjoy either one separately. If you want to get rid of Kragnar, I won't protest. But if you don't mind me having a duo for a while, then yeah, I'd love to continue as both. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#140 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Someone might want to intervene. Or just make sure you get out of range of splinters :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users