Photo

Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook: In Glorious Technicolor!

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#641 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

POPULAR

Harry's working the night shift?! Reminds me of...

Enough nostalgia XD, I feel your pain bro. Watch out for hobos sleeping on frozen hams in the back though! Ok. Enough of the Chad Vader references :P When I first heard you were working night shift, and the word vampire. I could see you with a derpy face and exaggerated vampire teeth. But besides the point. Night shift at a grocery store sounds like a comedy/horror RP :P I could see myself trying something like that.

Anyways. Nice stuff. The character designs are awesome. I'm liking Vet's knife stance. Like. "I'm so tough. I have no fear that I'm holding a knife this close to my jugular vein."

And the villain. Fish Hook. Nice touch. I'm liking the possibility of being on island. Or at some distant lake in the middle of the woods.

Honestly I would much rather have Vader as a boss. He'd have a far more positive attitude.

Heh.

harry_vampire_by_harry_monster-d971h18.j

I liked the mental image XD

Thanks so much! I think he's safe though considering that's the dull edge of the knife. :P

Thank you! And yeah definitely, isolation and wilderness.

Spoiler alert: The Antagonist is really undead Captain Ahab fused with his Harpoon that he baptized in the name of the Devil. 

I hope someone gets that reference. :P

Anyway, nice looking stuff you've got here! Your RP looks interesting, maybe I'll sign up... 

Something like that. :P

Thanks! Yeah dunno if it'll happen anytime soon, I'll see how my workload for this semester shapes up.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like people asking first before they traced over your artwork.

So I want to know if you would mind if I traced over those drawings of Kristina, Alys and Alys' Werewolf form and then color them in Illustrator.

The Image trace thing would probably mess up the artwork, tho. ;-;

Yo McSwaggy Daddy, thanks for asking this time.

Firstly, I haaave no idea who Kristina is. Second, you really shouldn't trace the artwork. I know you just wanna do it for coloring practice, but you'll learn and grow a lot more if you use it as a reference and then redraw the stuff yourself. Observe stuff you like, see how it all fits together and what you like about it and try to replicate it. I dunno if I'm making sense, but it's like if you trace your hand, it's not really gonna teach you how to draw a hand. You'll just now how to trace it. If you wanna get good at drawing, you need to look at other artists, look at real life, and kinda put in the time to figure it out for yourself. But you can still use plenty of reference photos, inspirational art, and really good tutorials to help.

Sorry for the unasked for advice, but yeah. Long and the short, please don't trace my stuff, but you can absolutely use it as a reference to redraw the thing and then ink and color it as long as you credit what you referenced.

Also, if you just wanna practice coloring, I could give you some inks or something for practice. 

Oh no, I can't find my quacking sound files!   

*searches frantically*  Maybe this one?

HONK, BLARG HONK HONK.

Eh...close enough.

In all seriousness, though, it's good that you were able to get out of the night shift experience.  Another friend of mine hated it just as much. 

Those sketches are definitely coming along nicely, though I'm starting to wonder how much of this is actual development as opposed to trying to bait us into joining that horror RP.  XD

Heh, I understand that reference. Classic Junior. 

Thanks, yeaaaaah it's literally hell on earth. XD Well like, not the crazy awful torture parts, but the parts meant to torture you through tedium and boredom and annoyance. It's very Sisyphean.

Thanks so much! But why not both?

Okay so sorry I missed last week's update, been busy getting all my ducks in a row. They're rascally and wild. But things are coming together, I got my licence at long last! I still managed to pass even though while I was trying to parallel park I accidentally pissed off another driver so badly he veered onto the sidewalk, swerved around me back onto the street and flipped me off as he sped off. 8D

But yeah, things are slowly lookin up. While I have been drawing a lot it's mostly secret stuff I can't really show, so I don't have too much to show. I'll rectify this by next week, for now, enjoy this.

jenna_red_jacket_by_harry_monster-d969uo

I was just playing around with some pens and sharpies. Traditional inking is soooo fuuuuuun.

This is Jenna, the title character of my upcoming webcomic Jenna Noble and The Hexagon. Still trying to nail down her style.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#642 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:36 PM

Spoiler

#643 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

Good idea not to give out a teaser, you wouldn't want to spoil anyone

gallery_3_16_325557.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#644 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Hahahah, yeah. But that was mean, here's a real actual teaser.

Spoiler

#645 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

Bee-Tee-Dubs, love the RWBY doodles on there.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#646 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

POPULAR

I swear I'll start regularly updating here again soon. For now, my entry to the Water Contest! Last minute but heeey 8D

kappa_fight_by_harry_monster-d9xhxjd.jpg

Kappa Fight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users