Next, Agethar Twin-Axe:

agethar_twin_axe_by_dwestmoore-dasvbjr.j

Next, Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones:

tyrion_lannister_by_dwestmoore-dasvbvm.j

Penultimately, the Nosfretu Court from my family's RP:

the_nosfretu_court_by_dwestmoore-dasvc54

Lastly, a Rouge One poster I made:

1977_rouge_one_poster_by_dwestmoore-dasv

As always, Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions are always appreciated! 

#262 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

Awesome artwork, as always, Dalton! I admit most of the stuff in this update isn't really my thing, but your detailing is very nice to look at, nonetheless. :P And that pic of Agethar is quite badass.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#263 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Awesome artwork, as always, Dalton! I admit most of the stuff in this update isn't really my thing, but your detailing is very nice to look at, nonetheless. :P And that pic of Agethar is quite badass.

Thanks!

Anyways, on to the art! I didn't draw much this week, because I was finishing up Terraria the Comic, but in any case, on to the Art!:

First up, Bale Spellwinde, a Psychic Assassin and I character I want to try to roleplay in Errant:

bale_spellwinde_by_dwestmoore-datpw7y.jp

Next, some Yuletide Demons:

yuletide_demons_by_dwestmoore-datpx55.jp

Lastly, a drawing of this tweet:

i_directed_2016_by_dwestmoore-datpxge.jp

#264 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

POPULAR

TIME FOR THE FIRST ART OF 2017 BABY

First up,  Cluny the Scrouge from Redwall:

cluny_the_scourge_by_dwestmoore-daukw67.

Next, Grand Admrial Thrawn and Death Troopers from the Rebels Mid-Season Trailer:

grand_admiral_thrawn_by_dwestmoore-daukv

Lastly, Cinder Elves:

cinder_elves_by_dwestmoore-dauktnt.jpg

By the way, there was a drawing that was going to be included in this update, but DeviantArt crashed, so I'll just post it next week.

#265 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

That Clooney the Scourge, though.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#266 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

First up, here's Boba Fett from the Star Wars Holiday Challenge:

holiday_special_boba_fett_by_dwestmoore-

This is fantastic. The Boba Fett short from the Star Wars Holiday Special will always be cool no matter what anyone says. It's the only part worth watching, of course.

I also instantly recognized that Redwall villain rat even though I thought I had completely forgotten everything from Redwall. Huh.

Nice stuff all around, Dalton.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#267 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

That Clooney the Scourge, though.

Thanks!

This is fantastic. The Boba Fett short from the Star Wars Holiday Special will always be cool no matter what anyone says. It's the only part worth watching, of course.

I also instantly recognized that Redwall villain rat even though I thought I had completely forgotten everything from Redwall. Huh.

Nice stuff all around, Dalton.

Hey, I haven't seen you in a while on here? Did you see the Valkyries that I drew for you back in September 2016? :P

Thanks for the commentary!

Anyways, it's for the art!

First up, the Ironside Foundry, which is the center of events for an Errant Campaign I would like to run at some point:

the_ironside_foundry_by_dwestmoore-daukw

Next, a doodle of a Manticore:

manticore_by_dwestmoore-davjncx.jpg

Next, some Markiplier fan-art:

rust__summoning_the_devil_by_dwestmoore-

Next, fan art of Evil Villagers from Minecraft:

minecraft__illigers_by_dwestmoore-davjo0

Lastly, a Dwarven Golem-Mongeror:

dwarven_golem_mongeror_by_dwestmoore-dav

#268 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

Ironside Foundry, huh? Interesting; I'd like to hear more about it. Although, uh, you know smokestacks aren't a thing in Wulfgard, right? :P

The fact that you also doodled a manticore is weirding me out, because I doodled one of those over Christmas. :lol:

Anyway, all looks cool, as always! Good job.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#269 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Patron
  • 711 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:30 AM

Hey! I think you've really done a wonderful job with the composition in these pieces. Especially the Ironside Foundry. It's multi-faceted, with several layers of action, but still some negative space to breath. But really I could say the same for all the rest, which are book-cover quality layouts. If I was going to suggest anything, I think I'd recommend moving forward a bit with your character's faces. I think your anatomy has gotten better, however I feel that some of these more serious frames could use a more realistic take on the human face.

It looks great and keep up the good work!

P.S. I love the golems.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#270 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

POPULAR

Ironside Foundry, huh? Interesting; I'd like to hear more about it. Although, uh, you know smokestacks aren't a thing in Wulfgard, right? :P

The fact that you also doodled a manticore is weirding me out, because I doodled one of those over Christmas. :lol:

Anyway, all looks cool, as always! Good job.

How do you know they aren't really tall chimneys? :P

Not to get into too much detail about that campaign that this is from, but it's from the campaign that I said that Capulet would play a big part in, but he politely refused me. I will PM you about it at some point.

All we need is a third Manticore for an Illuminati joke. :D

Thanks!

Hey! I think you've really done a wonderful job with the composition in these pieces. Especially the Ironside Foundry. It's multi-faceted, with several layers of action, but still some negative space to breath. But really I could say the same for all the rest, which are book-cover quality layouts. If I was going to suggest anything, I think I'd recommend moving forward a bit with your character's faces. I think your anatomy has gotten better, however I feel that some of these more serious frames could use a more realistic take on the human face.

It looks great and keep up the good work!

P.S. I love the golems.

Thanks for the Artistic Critique! I haven't gotten one of those in a while...if ever. Quite honestly, the only thing that keeps me from more realistic faces is that whenever I try it, I don't like it, and immediately change the eyes back to the more cartoony version. There have been only a few times that I've drawn realistic eyes and liked it, but those are in drawings I haven't posted on here. 

And thanks for the love for the golems. I had been wanting to do a drawing with them in it for a while. :D

Anyways, its time for the art! First up, a bunch of Fantasy Doodles!:

fantasy_doodles_5_by_dwestmoore-daw8a2k.

fantasy_doodles_6_by_dwestmoore-daw8aaw.

Next, a drawing of the adventurers from the time that my family tried to play through The Tomb of Horrors in our fantasy setting:

dungeon_crawl_heroes_by_dwestmoore-daw8a

This was actually going to be included in that post with Thrawn, Cluny, and the Fire Elves, but DeviantArt crashed and I wasn't able to post it.

Next, a Templar War Bishop:

templar_war_bishop_by_dwestmoore-daw8b0v

I really should start working on some world-building stuff. I've been meaning to, but I'm lazy.

Lastly, the group picture from the Jagged Edge Campaign in Errant:

wulfgard__errant__the_jagged_edge_free_r

#271 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

Love the drawings! Fantasy doodles are always fun to look at, and the cast of the upcoming Errant free-roam turned out fantastic! I especially love Caid's duality you have going on and how you conveyed it, not to mention his expression.

Also, those Templar guys seem pretty awesome. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#272 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

Love the drawings! Fantasy doodles are always fun to look at, and the cast of the upcoming Errant free-roam turned out fantastic! I especially love Caid's duality you have going on and how you conveyed it, not to mention his expression.

Also, those Templar guys seem pretty awesome. :P

Thanks!

Anyways, its time for the art!

First up, an attempt at drawing more detailed faces:

detailed_faces_by_dwestmoore-dax1frm.jpg

Next, an old drawing that I redrew:

redraw_that___malareth_and_his_undead_mi

Next, a look at some more of the forces within the Khraddik Military:

khraddik__imperial_forces_by_dwestmoore-

Next, Guldarnok from the Jagged Edge Rp in Errant:

errant__jagged_edge__guldarnok_by_dwestm

Penultimately, Mage-Emperor Ildrius from Echoes of the Mage Emperor:

mage_emperor_ildrius_by_dwestmoore-dax1h

I'm kind of sad that my previous version of him isn't canon anymore, but at least he isn't a pompous aristocrat. :D

Lastly, something I drew on a whim:

underground_ruins_by_dwestmoore-dax1hs5.

I really should get around to watching the latest season of MLP

#273 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

These all look friggen awesome, Dalton! :D It's interesting to see how your artwork has improved over the years, and I particularly love the intricate details in your drawing of Ildrius.

As for the realistic eyes, I have a suggestion, though I'm not exactly a great artist. I can't really put my finger on how to describe it, so bear with me.

Right now, you're drawing the entire pupil visible - you should also give some indication of the iris, even in the non-close-up drawings, otherwise it can look weird. Generally, a person's entire iris is not completely visible because of the shape of the eye around it, at least when they're not doing some particular expression. If you just draw the pupil with no iris, it looks like their eyes are popping out of their head in surprise, kind of like this, instead of resting in a normal position. The pupil shouldn't look like it's floating in a white mass, or they might look like a serial killer. :P

The way you drew Guldarnok's pupils looks great, though. It's just that the ones on the other page looking so nebulous in a white plain near the very center of the eye that's making them look strange.

You should also take into account eye shape and eyelids. Eyelids are very important for expression. :P Granted, eyelids in most drawings are just boiled down to, like, an extra line over the eye or something (with women usually receiving more eyelid attention than men, because eyeshadow and lashes, but that's another thing entirely). Just a thought.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#274 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

As for the realistic eyes, I have a suggestion, though I'm not exactly a great artist. I can't really put my finger on how to describe it, so bear with me.

Right now, you're drawing the entire pupil visible - you should also give some indication of the iris, even in the non-close-up drawings, otherwise it can look weird. Generally, a person's entire iris is not completely visible because of the shape of the eye around it, at least when they're not doing some particular expression. If you just draw the pupil with no iris, it looks like their eyes are popping out of their head in surprise, kind of like this, instead of resting in a normal position. The pupil shouldn't look like it's floating in a white mass, or they might look like a serial killer. :P

The way you drew Guldarnok's pupils looks great, though. It's just that the ones on the other page looking so nebulous in a white plain near the very center of the eye that's making them look strange.

You should also take into account eye shape and eyelids. Eyelids are very important for expression. :P Granted, eyelids in most drawings are just boiled down to, like, an extra line over the eye or something (with women usually receiving more eyelid attention than men, because eyeshadow and lashes, but that's another thing entirely). Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! I wish I got comments like this more often, as getting my Art Critiqued was one of the reasons why I joined SSLF in the first place.

Anyways, here's the Art! I didn't draw too much this week, but I hope that some people will enjoy this stuff.

First up, Series of Unfortunate Events Fan-Art:

the_baudelaire_orphans_by_dwestmoore-dax

count_olaf_by_dwestmoore-daxvbhv.jpg

Lastly, the Jagged Edge Group battling Vragi:

errant__the_jagged_edge__battling_vragi_

#275 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

Next, Lukas Exemplar's requests!:

nova_refuge__zygbari_troops_by_dwestmoor

nova_refuge__high_general_rick_radcliffe

Hopefully, the next update should contain some interesting art, which more people than just Wolfy and Lukas will enjoy... ;)

I had forgotten that I even requested this! Thank you! And yeah, I wish more people were suggesting or commenting too. Critiques are always great when they're constructive. Those were Zygbari troops, right? I think that's what I suggested, but I am not sure. I have been gone from the website for some time to focus on reading a book (it's hard when you have ADHD!) since I've realized I need to read much more if I want to become an author too. Which reminds me, I will still read Knightfall and all the new shorts Wolfy! I just need more time :'O It's killin me.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#276 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

I had forgotten that I even requested this! Thank you! And yeah, I wish more people were suggesting or commenting too. Critiques are always great when they're constructive. Those were Zygbari troops, right? I think that's what I suggested, but I am not sure. I have been gone from the website for some time to focus on reading a book (it's hard when you have ADHD!) since I've realized I need to read much more if I want to become an author too. 

Thanks!

Anyways, it's time for the art! 

First up, some Airship Concept Art:

airship_concept_art_by_dwestmoore-daypjx

Next, some Fantasy Doodles that were suggestions by my brothers:

fantasy_doodles_7_by_dwestmoore-daypkpc.

Next, the Emperor of the Khraddik Empire, Akkbar Khan:

emperor_akkbar_khan_by_dwestmoore-daypkx

Lastly, a drawing of some possessed armor:

possessed_armor_by_dwestmoore-daypleq.pn

I finally figured out that my Art Tablet charges, so expect more digital art in the future!

#277 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Here's the Art I posted on Sunday!

First up, a doodle of the Tower of Babel:

the_tower_of_babel_by_dwestmoore-daznw7i

Next, Color and Pencil Drawings:

pencil_and_color_drawings_by_dwestmoore-

Next, some art of Bale fighting some Inquisitors:

sixsword_by_dwestmoore-daznxlg.jpg

Lastly, some art of a show I definately didn't start watching because the Season 5 Trailer looked awesome:

samurai_jack_by_dwestmoore-daznzc1.jpg

#278 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Awesome art, as always, Dalton! That little scimitar doodle is weirdly similar to one I did myself in class a few weeks ago. :lol:

The Tower of Babel is particularly impressive. And I'm gonna admit, your mage characters sure do seem to have a very easy time slaughtering members of the one organization created for the sole purpose of taking down mages. Were those Inquisitors wearing paper mache armor? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#279 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Awesome art, as always, Dalton! That little scimitar doodle is weirdly similar to one I did myself in class a few weeks ago. :lol:

The Tower of Babel is particularly impressive. And I'm gonna admit, your mage characters sure do seem to have a very easy time slaughtering members of the one organization created for the sole purpose of taking down mages. Were those Inquisitors wearing paper mache armor? :P

What a coincidence.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if that drawing was worth posting or not, but the more time I spent on it, the more I was satisfied with it.

Hey, I like sticking it to Inquisitors because they think they are so great. That drawing of Charon doing it was strickly speculative, and he's never actually done something like that, but Bale definitely has, and I'm currently working on a short story where he does do this. And, yes, I'm aware that swords can't do this to plate armor, but I only realized it after I finished the drawing. :D

Anyways, on to the Art! 

First up, some more fantasy doodles:

fantasy_doodles_8_by_dwestmoore-db17sz6.

Next, the Vampire Soldiers from SYWBAA:

sywbaa_vampires_by_dwestmoore-db17vcb.jp

Penultimately, Katha, Bale, and Agethar from the Jagged Edge RP:

errant__jagged_edge_rp__katja__bale__and

Lastly, that Owl Knight that I've draw a couple of times:

the_owl_knight_by_dwestmoore-db17vve.jpg

#280 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

It's time for the Art!

First up, some Undead Creatures:

the_undead_by_dwestmoore-db1zosk.jpg

Next, a drawing of Nox, Wolfy's character from one of my Non-Wulfgard RPs:

nox_by_dwestmoore-db1zqaq.jpg

Next, a drawing of Russell and Crowe fighting Vampires:

russel_and_crowe_vs_vampires_by_dwestmoo

Lastly, the Dark Lord Malebranche the Malignant:

malebranche_the_malignant_by_dwestmoore-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users