NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Next Errant Campaign

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Errant campaign - read post before voting!

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you want to make new characters or bring back old ones?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you prefer more or fewer restrictions on character creation?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you prefer me to wait and make a campaign only after I redesign and spruce up some of Errant's character creation process (and possibly add some more guide and help topics about RPing and character creation in general)?

Would you prefer the campaign to center around human society, another society, or be more of a traditional "meet in a tavern, go on an adventure" ragtag classic D&D style thing?

Do you want a class-based system, or keep the current traits and stuff?

Another campaign question - any particular region you'd like to go to/start out in?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Yikes, everyone is going for the campaign I feel the most unsure about and actually interests me the least...  :P I'll have to give this further thought.

Well, don't feel pressured on my account, Wolfy. I'm interested in it, but the other's you mentioned in you previous post are also interesting. If it comes down to it, I'd rather you go for something you're interested/confident in, as it increases the likelihood of a successful campaign.  :D

They can, yeah. Should I bump it up to 4 or 5 items, you think?

Hmm... that being the case (and looking at some of my char. concepts that I translated to the new system) 3 is probably enough, actually. Maybe 4, depending on what you count as a "single item" (like, would a "suit of armor" count as a single item—as they're listed in the packs—or would each piece of armor [greaves/breastplate/etc.] count as a separate item?). Certainly no more, given the intent of the system.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#22 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

Well, with the characters I just pumped out I modified their inventories pretty satisfactorily with the 3 items or less added on.

Graaaanted, neither's got extra armor packed on or a whole lot of secondary weaponry, but for the sake of character/inventory growth I think losing gear during travels/combat is a reasonable excuse to start lighter. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#23 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Well, don't feel pressured on my account, Wolfy. I'm interested in it, but the other's you mentioned in you previous post are also interesting. If it comes down to it, I'd rather you go for something you're interested/confident in, as it increases the likelihood of a successful campaign.  :D

Hmm... that being the case (and looking at some of my char. concepts that I translated to the new system) 3 is probably enough, actually. Maybe 4, depending on what you count as a "single item" (like, would a "suit of armor" count as a single item—as they're listed in the packs—or would each piece of armor [greaves/breastplate/etc.] count as a separate item?). Certainly no more, given the intent of the system.

Thanks. I think I might just make a "part II" poll to help decide, and help figure out what people would like possibly second-best to the werewolf one... and give more details about each. Also because making polls is so fun, and I enjoy feedback. :P

Think I'll keep it at 3 for now, then. I edited some of the wording in the thread to try and clarify a bunch of things we discussed in this thread (including the armor - for the sake of simplicity, I'm counting a "suit of armor" as just one item, unless you acquire some unique gauntlet or helmet or something, in which case that'll be listed separately; so, yes, if you want to have like a suit of chain armor instead of leather, that could be one of the items).

Thanks for all the comments, you guys - if there's anything else you think could use some tweaking, please say so.

I might get to work on that other thread now for more details about my campaign ideas, but feel free to keep using this one to discuss the updates and stuff.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#24 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'd complain about whatever it is people are complaining about too if I actually had Characters up (I'll try to get some up today hopefully), but I did want to comment on this:

• Another mystery RP, based around a faction (now leaning toward Inquisitors, as per Sareth's suggestion). I had actually considered a big conspiracy going on in the Venatori, and basing it around Caiden returning to the Order, and possibly even admitting his curse and causing fear and controversy - who knows?

Honestly, having a mystery RP based on the Inquisition shoulds like what I've been trying to do for a while now. From the Ironside RP I keep talking about to a newer idea that I've been thinking about which involves Inquisitor Extremists who have deified the Inquisition's Founder.

The only problem is that it's me trying to start a RP in the Errant Board, and my Errant Campaigns crash faster than my normal RPs. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users