Star Wars: The Old Republic

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#21 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

My biggest complaint about TOR is just the fact that there aren't any really weird Warsian alien races available, like trandos or wookiees or those straight-up wolfmen guys.

Not specifically the 'warsian' species.. I just wish there were more in general. I wanna play my Nautolan character! *sigh*

#22 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

If there was a way to transfer I would join, considering my current character (Trooper/Commando) isn't too high level compared to my Consular(Shadow) who I had before this game became F2P. I don't think there is though :(.
What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#23 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,861 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I haven't played since before the F2P Purge/Dark Times, so I'm not even sure what server my characters got dumped on. D-man has been really pressuring me to get back into the game however, and if you guys are all playing than I might just dust it off. I'd be a little ahead of you guys though... my main is a level 50 Marauder. :P

#24 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,274 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

As somebody who hasn't played it, how is it? I saw how they messed up the Exile (I will not use their supposed canon name!), HK-47 and Revan in the game, but apart from that, are the storylines good? I hear the Jedi Consular story is pretty good, and I'm intrigued by what I see of some of the characters (Scourge, Satele Shan).

I can't play it atm as all my computers are rubbish, but my brother's going to build a high-end PC at some point in the near future. Would you recommend it F2P?
My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#25 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Wait, people play MMOs for good story all of a sudden? What is this madness? :P

On another note, one day is gone out of the day-and-a-half download time for this game. Though admittedly half the time I was playing LOTR Online, which brought the download speed to less than 100 KB/s, so if I'd been a patient little boy I might have had a character up by now... :/

Nevertheless, it's downloading pretty fast again, so hopes up for some SW: TOR tonight :D

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#26 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Okay, so apparently all my characters got shunted onto Harbinger at some point, and I now have a lot less to work with in the way of customization and the game is yelling at me for having three characters when apparently I can only have two. So... Yeah, maybe I'll try starting up a new character on Ebon Hawk or something, iDunno. Hopefully that won't require deleting more than one character. Maybe I'll just pay for a one month subscription to get around that little limit long enough to make a Jedi Knight or something, the thought of a Kari Wahlgren Jedi is appealing, wonder if I can make her look like Haruko or Kagame... .

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#27 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

So it sounds like Ebon Hawk will be our server? Cool.

We should do a meetup. Though, since I've played a total of about 1 hour, someone else should probably set it up.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#28 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Well, it finally finished installing, and it looks like I have more or less the rest of the day to be on, so yeah. I'll probably go for a melee tank, or the Jedi equivalent of mage (probably one each), since that's what I do in LOTRO.

#29 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

We do probably hafta be on the same side to do group stuff, right? I started a Jedi Knight for a bit last night, if so. His name is 'Rhuker', and my Sith's name is 'Marcweisher' (Seeing as they lower-cased the 'w' <_<)

#30 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Well, I got a lvl 7 Jedi Knight up, named BurgerDeVarria.

So who's going to start the guild?

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well, I got a lvl 7 Jedi Knight up, named BurgerDeVarria.

Really? I thought you'd make a Smuggler. They get this awesome attack where they kick people in the family jewels and stun them. It's hilarious and has this great sound...
(sorry, RP joke. Don't strain your mind trying to get it, other people.)

And if we're all making a guild, I demand that it has a cool and relevant name instead of some silly Internet meme mess. :P

Right now I'm contemplating making another Consular to go with my other alts. I want to make him dark side and hear evil Nolan North. I reached a mission where Eradann pretended to be a Sith, and it was so great that now I need to hear the Consular dark side choices sooner rather than later. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,861 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Aw, you guys are all Republic? This saddens me. :(

#33 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Member
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

I played as a pureblood Sith Sorcerer. I got to level 42 as well, and I was going to get 50 when my subscription ran out. I would have played more but MAN, the lag got to me sometimes and I just couldn't stand it. Besides, I like the unifying color to the chest peice too much! I never did much PvP, but the cinematic cutscenes of the story levels and the great flashy combat for PvE never made me want to. I'd recommend the game to my friends, but I'm afraid it doesn't suit my tastes enough to resubscribe. If we're getting an SSLF guild though... maybe. :P

cWFIAIC.gif

#34 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I just made a buff native american like jedi knight named Khanko the Ebon Hawk server cant wait to see you all on there!

#35 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yall need to start posting usernames, otherwise we'll never find each other.

#36 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well, Scorp and I already said our mains are Trixey and Eradann, respectively. I also have an alt trooper/commando named Severinah, a Jedi knight/sentinel named Kye-vakurseth, and I'm contemplating trying another character right now. :P I was planning to try an Imperial soon, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you can friend someone through their username and see when they're online (regardless of their character)... at least, I certainly couldn't find one.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#37 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Also, if you guys ever want to do Sith, I do have a Sith mage-equivalent (forgot exact class name) that I've left to one side for that purpose.

Also also, I love using that leap attack the Jedi Knight gets. And then using the AoE blast to knock out a quarter-dozen low-level baddies. Yeah.

Also also also Wolfy, I got the reference :V

Also also also also, tomorrow I'll get around to shooting friend invites at anyone that dares putting a username up here.

#38 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

For some reason I am downloading this, even though I really don't care for point-and-click MMOs, have heard terrible things about how this games destroys canon, and should really be spending my time more productively...

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#39 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I heard something about Bastilla being in this game. I've also heard that Jennifer Hale is a voice actor, yet she doesn't play Bastilla. What the hell is with that?

#40 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

One of Bastilla's descendants is in the game, and Hale plays her.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users