Photo

Let's Play! (Or watch video games on Youtube)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

TheSw1tcher is about the only more traditional LP channel I still occasionally watch, mainly because seeing them suffer through dredge like Omikron has a great 'train wreck in slow motion' quality to it. 

Heeeeey. I love The Sw1tcher/Super Best Friends. Their sense of humour matches up with mine so perfectly, and seeing them slowly driven mad by the absolutely godawful Omikron has been hilarious.

I don't watch LPs so much as just have them running in the background as white noise and something to flick my eyes over to every now and then when I hear something interesting. It's a great way of seeing games that I have some interest in, but not enough to actually play for myself, whether it's because they're in a genre I don't get along with or, in the case of Omikron, they seem utterly atrocious. I've always been interested in Silent Hill, for example, but I'm too much of a wuss to play scary games for myself so it's been nice seeing the Best Friends play them (constant jokes about fart gas might spoil the mood for some, but not this guy  :P). I'm hoping they're going to do Resident Evil 7 next year.

Otherwise, I like ChipCheezum a lot. He puts an insane amount of work into his stuff, making sure to show every little bit of the game and doing multiple takes to get his gameplay looking as interesting as possible. His Wonderful 101 LP taught me so many things I'd completely missed when I played that game. Supergreatfriend is another great one. He picks really interesting games to LP, and he's got a great voice.

Occasionally I'll watch a bit of Seraphim17 casually waltzing through every game on the hardest difficulty when I really want to feel bad about myself.

#22 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

Best Friends Suffer Through Omikron FTW!!!

I typically watch Markiplier, Barbell Gaming, and SplatterCatGaming. I use to watch the Grumps but... eh. The Switcher is also pretty good as well. Since I am a Dark Souls fan, I also visit Oroboro, VaatiVidya, and Fightin Cowboy every once in a while.

Honestly I do not wven watch actual TV nowadays just because everything seems edgy, boring, or uninteresting.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

My only experience with LPs is...well, not really LPs, just Jim Sterling's non-Jimquisition stuff. And also being part of (as of now) a low-key series.

If streaming my playthroughs of stuff like ME2, 3, random Halo 5 matchmaking stuff and whatnot counts in that dept, I guess you can count that too.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#24 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:09 AM

Currently streaming some Overwatch here with Ambad and other folks, for those of you who might be keen.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#25 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

That makes me realize I should game with SSLF more. I haven't played Overwatch in forever.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#26 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

So streaming Overwatch doesn't work too well for me, because my internet is crap and trying to both run a multiplayer game and stream at once just leads to dropped frames and an unplayable ping a lot of the time. I've recorded a few sessions, but going back to do editing (I don't like dumping the unedited, non-live footage) hasn't been something I've had a lot of time to do.

That being said, I can stream single-player games okay, but I've found I'm not that entertaining when trying to do commentary on my own. If anyone would be up for joining me in commenting/deriding me to the audience as I flounder through random games, I'd love to give that a whirl; maintaining a skype voice call while streaming should, I hope, still be within the realm of what my connection can handle

v0tzQP.gif

#27 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Getting popular by making fun of someone's efforts to play games? Sign me the hell up.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#28 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

I make fun of Hawk all the time when we play games, so I'm sure I could deride someone else as well. ;)

And while not technically a Let's Play, I consider this one of the funniest videos on the internet. (Language warning)

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#29 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

So streaming Overwatch doesn't work too well for me, because my internet is crap and trying to both run a multiplayer game and stream at once just leads to dropped frames and an unplayable ping a lot of the time. I've recorded a few sessions, but going back to do editing (I don't like dumping the unedited, non-live footage) hasn't been something I've had a lot of time to do.

That being said, I can stream single-player games okay, but I've found I'm not that entertaining when trying to do commentary on my own. If anyone would be up for joining me in commenting/deriding me to the audience as I flounder through random games, I'd love to give that a whirl; maintaining a skype voice call while streaming should, I hope, still be within the realm of what my connection can handle

You could use Discord instead. It doesn't lag you like Skype does and is supposed to be used in conjunction with gaming and has specific stream settings.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#30 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

Ohhhh, neat. I'll check it out tonight.

v0tzQP.gif

#31 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

It does lack video calling features, but given your internet I get the feeling that wasn't on the agenda in the first place :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#32 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

I've been wanting to be able to stream myself playing games for ages now, and Scorp and I were also trying to find a way to do it together, since we ramble and banter the entire time we play anything. I really wish we could've recorded us playing SWTOR back in the glory days when we were first playing it together... Good times. :P

Unfortunately, my internet sucks too hard. If anyone has any wizard tricks to be able to stream while also playing online games at the same time if your internet is the equivalent of a legless zombie trying to drag packets back and forth between your PC and whatever you're connected to, do let me know. I'd love to get in on that, and so would Scorp.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#33 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

I should get back to streaming some time. Put that 150mbsp download and around 100 upload to work. :P

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#34 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

I have about 3-4 mbps upload on a good day.

gallery_3_16_993121.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#35 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Speaking of which, testing stream stuff now: https://www.twitch.tv/miragefla

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#36 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

Tangentially related, I actually made that Discord channel. Should start putting it to use tomorrow night.

v0tzQP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users