• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

American's are certainly in the game, one of the pre-order things is the 'Harlem Hellfighters' pack.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#42 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

I'm really gonna miss the EOD bot in this game, it's the only way I can get my k/d positive in BF4. Obviously there's not gonna be any WW1 equivalent to that.

I even made a custom emblem too:

2955852771986526465.png?v=1459044182

Edited by Style, 17 June 2016 - 05:14 PM.

xgd0s9.jpg

#43 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

I really wonder how the Assault or Medic class will play. Nothing like going 15 and 34, but top of the leaderboards due to healing and reviving.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#44 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

The medic should come with a bonesaw and more morphine than any modern hospital can shake a stick at.

nY1rpGl.gif

#45 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:57 AM

DICE have revealed a new game mode coming to Battlefield 1; Operations.

Typically, a round in a Battlefield game is completely contained to that one match. You play, you win or lose, and then you move on to the next round. That all changes in Operations, a new game mode coming to Battlefield 1. In it, the outcome of the current round carries over to the next map, giving you the opportunity to fight a sequence of inter-connected battles.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#46 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

To simplify the link Joe posted, if you aren't going to read it, it's essentially a mod that is a bit more like what WWI was like.

Two teams, attackers and defenders, obviously.  Attackers prepare then have to charge the defenders positions.  If the defenders fail to hold the point, they fall back to the next one.  If they lose the map, on the next one they have to hold the points again.

While this part isn't confirmed, I'm guessing that if the attackers fail to capture the point, they then have to fall back and reinforce while the previous defenders attack.

Should be pretty interesting to see how this turns out.  If it's anything like how this type of mode is in Verdun, should be pretty good.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#47 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

That sounds exactly like Verdun.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

#48 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

Except with a greater focus on different weapons and vehicle types, as far as I know, which will drastically change how the game plays. I haven't actually gotten around to playing Verdun, yet.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#49 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Can't wait to get into a FT-17 or Mark I tank. Forget the A7V, and the other really weird French tank. Hmm, I wonder if the Mark I will be the male or female type. 

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 19 June 2016 - 05:55 PM.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#50 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

nY1rpGl.gif

#51 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

Looks pretty cool. The sounds are amazing, the weapons as well as the overhead sounds like planes going by as well as the bullet echoes. I'm a little sad that they don't show the caliber of the round anymore and instead have a damage meter. And that map looks absolutely fantastic (though it is being played on a PC, so it's to be expected that the PS4/One version will look different). I also like how the different classes for the British Empire are the different nations (as in the medic and the scout). The names for the capture points make me laugh too (Objectives Apples and Butter ha ha ha).

gdV21HZ.gif

#52 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

The first 7 minutes were so boring, sniper gameplay is so... uneventful. The announcer's voice is so monotone, it's like a machine. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking game and the sounds are nice and all, but if you really want to showcase a Battlefield game, never go with sniper gameplay.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#53 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

The announcer should be a ruddy-faced British general shouting down the line at you. The current announcer totally breaks the immersion.

nY1rpGl.gif

#54 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

The announcer should be a ruddy-faced British general shouting down the line at you. The current announcer totally breaks the immersion.

The worse part is, the same announcer is for the Germans, from what I've seen and heard in other videos. Hopefully that's just pre-Alpha announcer voice stuff, even though most of the standard voice work for the soldiers seems complete.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#55 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

More to come at a later date.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#56 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

New Gamescon trailer, revealing ridable horses in multiplayer, some usage of the armored train, and some of the specialty pickup weapons/classes/heroes, what ever you want to call them, as well as showing off the Ottomans.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#57 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

If there are pick ups like Battlefront, you can count me out.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#58 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

If there are pick ups like Battlefront, you can count me out.

I have a feeling they are going to be more like BF4/Hardline's pickups.  And for the most part, that's going to be for the things like the juggernaut or flamethrower units.  After all, with how the former is, there is no way they are just going to let you spawn as it from an objective.  They aren't going to be like Battlefront's system.

Although, then again, they could just have it be a bit more like how the behemoths work.

It's all just speculation though.  Again, this trailer was more revealing them than going in depth about them.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#59 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

I have a feeling they are going to be more like BF4/Hardline's pickups.  And for the most part, that's going to be for the things like the juggernaut or flamethrower units.  After all, with how the former is, there is no way they are just going to let you spawn as it from an objective.  They aren't going to be like Battlefront's system.

Although, then again, they could just have it be a bit more like how the behemoths work.

It's all just speculation though.  Again, this trailer was more revealing them than going in depth about them.

I'm fine with BF4's pickups, but we'll see how they work in due time.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#60 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

BF1 Beta is starting in two-ish weeks now on the 31st of August. Last week and I think up until the week before then they started sending out beta Emails.

https://www.battlefield.com/beta

I signed up and no doubt will have to update my drivers (again).

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users