Photo

Tom Clancy's The Division (and other Tom Clancy titles)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Logo_the_division.png

To avoid cluttering up the news thread any further, I've split off any future Tom Clancy posts into this thread; so Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, etc. I'm pretty active on Siege already, and with the release of The Division I'll be running around frequently on the Xbox One, so if anyone fancies hitting me up for some co-op missions on Hard or some Dark Zone farming, drop me a line at my GT, Isinfier.

That aside, Ubi have been featuring cosplayers in the run-up to release, and plan to continue doing so after release; they've even put together a cosplay guide to inspire people. Here's two interviews they performed recently. As a cosplayer myself interested in putting together some Tom Clancy themed stuff, these are great for inspiration. :P

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

12Ih3YK.png

Some companies aim to be a little more subtle when they advertise their other games.

Not Ubisoft.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#3 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Only gripe so far: levelling up is waaaaaay too quick. Maybe its just because I'm a completionist and I do every side mission and encounter in a new district before tackling the main quests, but I've been consistently 3-5 levels too high for every area. The problem problem with that is that it is incredibly difficult to keep my gear up to par as I'm constantly outgrowing it which makes doing Hard difficulty missions a huge pain.

#4 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

I had that issue as well. As far as I can tell that's caused by completing all the side missions in a particular area; plus the perks that increase experience gain from your operating base. It's something that Massive are looking at adjusting; they've been on the ball when it comes to fixing bugs and making gameplay changes so far.

That said, the nerf to the drop rate for Phoenix Credits was a little excessive. It's going to cause issues in the Dark Zone when it comes down to fights between people that farmed and capped credits early on for some of the really good High-End gear and people who didn't have that opportunity. That said, the only reward you should really get from going rogue in the Dark Zone is any potential loot your victim might be carrying, so...

I imagine the April and May updates will bring some changes to Phoenix Credits and the loot pool anyway.

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:35 PM

So... I've been tempted to get my hands on this, since I enjoy TPS/FPS MMOs and this doesn't look as bad as Destiny. Thing is, the cover-based shooting and bullet-spongy bosses look a little meh to me.

But given I haven't actually played it, and all reviews I've seen seem to be fairly biased one way or another, is that all really that bad/plain boring? To give you an idea of what I personally like/don't like in a genre like this, I love the hell out of Warframe (so, in general, I don't mind having to unload a magazine or two into someone to kill them... as long as we're on appropriately different levels, y'know?).

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

There's more content than Destiny for one. A much larger and cooler PvP map. A much larger and cooler PvE map. An actually good story, 'cause, ya know, it was written by Tom Clancy. There's also a ton of content.

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 13 March 2016 - 06:33 PM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#7 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

I still have no idea what Phoenix Credits even are. I've been in the Dark Zone precisely once since release; earlier today I went in out of boredom, soloed a boss and was immediately killed by Rogues before I could extract the purple gear I netted. Not keen on going in again any time soon, especially since my friends are all 10 levels below me (I'm 27 currently).

Youtubers like Sir Wallen already have EVERY gear slot filled with High End gear. Who wants to bet on how long it will be before they start complaining that there isn't anything to do in the game, because they didn't sleep for four days after release and maxed themselves out?

#8 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

It's effectively the first Rainbow Six novel with a bit of Children of Men and How I Live Now thrown in for good measure. It's got a few interesting twists in there, and the intel files have far-reaching repercussions. They seem to have left the ending open to explore it in the DLC, though, which is fine by me.

That aside, the game wouldn't work if the enemies weren't bullet sponges. They aren't exactly stupid either; damn LMB grenadiers.

Phoenix Credits are to the Division what Legendary Marks are to Destiny, or Valor Points are to World of Warcraft. Basically, you use them to buy High-End gear and schematics at a vendor in the operating base. You need them to reroll the stats on any gear bought with them as well.

#9 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

There's more content than Destiny for one. A much larger and cooler PvP map. A much larger and cooler PvE map. An actually good story, 'cause, ya know, it was written by Tom Clancy. There's also a ton of content.

And there's already more content planned.  First three story expansions teased with expected release months, and quite soon for the first one.  Plus quite a few features, including something Destiny lacks and desperately needs: ITEM TRADING.

That aside, the game wouldn't work if the enemies weren't bullet sponges. They aren't exactly stupid either; damn LMB grenadiers.

I mean it's and RPG.  Enemies are bound to be bullet sponges anyway.  Plus I like it when the enemy AI is smart.  They actually move to flank you, try and force you into the open.  They don't just stand there mindlessly spraying or dashing to cover and taking potshots from you from there.  Even the snipers will move frequently if you hit them.

• Joe likes this

5Sa8Z49.gif

#10 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the input! I might just join you guys in this after all :V

• Joe likes this

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#11 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

Another update is scheduled for next week; and Massive are reworking planning on tweaking the Phoenix Credits gain and Dark Zone.

I can't remember if it's mentioned in that post or not, but Massive have responded to how quickly people are chewing through content (to quote; they were surprised by how many hours people were sinking into the game) and stated they'll be putting the resources in place to pump out content on a quicker basis.

#12 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:07 AM

Update 1.1 Incoming.

Additions:

First incursion, Falcon Lost.  Team up with other agents to storm the WarrenGate Water Treatment Plant to find out what happened to JTF Falcon Squad that was sent into scout it out, as well as to stop the LMB there.

At least one new enemy is added to this, small aerial combat drones used by the LMB

Higher quality gear sets and exotic weapons.  When combining parts of a gear set together, they provide bonuses.  And there are multiple gear sets to accommodate different play styles.  Future incursions will include new gear sets and weapons.

Loot trading.  Players will now be able to swap gear with other players.

Daily/Weekly Assignments.  Small challenges that will reward players with Phoenix credits, but a smaller amount than that of missions (one shown is a combat one, eliminating a certain number of a certain type of enemy.)

Dark Zone Supply Drops.  High quality gear is being dropped (in bright orange SHD crates) into the Dark Zone.  The gear inside IS NOT contaminated, and can be used after opening.  However, much like starting an extraction sets off a literal flare to everyone saying that there is gear (possibly good gear), there is a marker on EVERYONE's map, and there are also NPCs that will go for it as well.

5Sa8Z49.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users