• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

Pre-loading is now available, and the game unlocks at midnight.

Spoiler

Good luck, commanders.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#82 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

Pre-loading is now available, and the game unlocks at midnight.

Spoiler

Good luck, commanders.

I don't need luck.  What I need is a couple hundred gallons of flame thrower fuel.

Because I am NOT letting those Crysallids and Faceless get anywhere near my units unless they become more charred than my steaks.

Also, the game isn't even out yet and there is already Steam Workshop items.

And I thought it was fast how quickly nude mods appeared for Fallout 4...

EDIT: So...  Half of the mods are by Long War Studios, the team behind the popular Long War mod for EU, and the other half are tests for modders made by what looks like a Firaxis Dev (as they already have most of the achievements in the game.)

And I have to admit, the SMG pack and the Leader tree for the mods they added look quite appealing.

EDIT #2:
So...   The Dev team of XCOM 2 decided to throw themselves into XCOM2 as usable soldiers.

I think some of the devs had fun writing their bios.  At least the ones that have bios.
LINKS:

EDIT #3:
THERE'S A LAUNCH TRAILER UP!  UNPACK FASTER GAME!

5Sa8Z49.gif

#83 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

A great game.

I just finished my first playthrough with a loss. I opted to intentionally sabotage my campaign as by the time the mid-game showed up I realised that there was not much chance of winning. I was also curious to see what the avatar project was but the final (loss) cutscene doesn't reveal anything.

I don't really have any issues with this game. It is certainly harder than EU/EW but it is generally a better game. It has its frustrating moments but few have them have been unfair...

The most unfair thing I have come across was an 8 turn timed mission that was just ridiculous. I ended up facing a viper, 1 muton, 3 stun advents, 1 codex, 2 sectoids and 1 advent commander. There were also two turrets but I managed to ignore one of them. I played a pretty good game using a tight squad of veterans with predator armour and magnetic weapons. Got through the above with almost no wounds and good shots from all in my squad... and still missed the objective by 1 turn. 

Other than the above, timed missions have been reasonable. 

#84 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

I did it.

30-odd hours of gameplay (on the easiest difficulty, mind) and I've beaten it.

I'd give an actual review, but it's nearly two in the morning and I should get back to doing IRL things, probably. Just wanted to get my mediocre achievement off my chest. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#85 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

On a second campaign after my first was borked by mod issues. 20+ hours in, only have one medical kit on the entire ship because I sold the Viper corpses for cash to build radios, and now they aren't spawning in missions anymore.

A/5 would run out of medical supplies again

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#86 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

I almost suffered a similar circumstance with my Proving Grounds when I nabbed a mod for it to grant it more Engineering slots (given my new-found love for E.X.O. suits, I could hardly refuse it :P ), only for it to get marked down for heavy bugs. Fortunately, I managed to get the mod off before it came into play, so it didn't affect anything ^^;

But yeah, if you're going to download mods for XCOM, I'd suggest giving them a few days on the Workshop so other people can run into the game-breaking disappointments (albeit all my cosmetic mods have been working just fine. :D ).

#87 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

The human race has been saved by moi. You can thank me later. :P

Overall, I really liked XCOM 2. The customization options and the mods make it well worth the investment. I hope we get our mecs back in the future though. I miss punching aliens in the face. :(

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#88 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

Well, the E.X.O. suits definitely soften the blow, because... well, they basically are MECs. Plus, that freakin' shredder/shard/Iforgetwhatit'scalled cannon you can put on W.A.R. suits is worth every day and resource you put into researching it.

#89 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Well, the E.X.O. suits definitely soften the blow, because... well, they basically are MECs. Plus, that freakin' shredder/shard/Iforgetwhatit'scalled cannon you can put on W.A.R. suits is worth every day and resource you put into researching it.

Its not the same. :P

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#90 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

...Point taken. :P

(Albeit better support for your argument would be an MEC beating the living crap out of a Sectopod. Wish we got cinematics like that when a ranger does the same thing...)

#91 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

...Point taken. :P

(Albeit better support for your argument would be an MEC beating the living crap out of a Sectopod. Wish we got cinematics like that when a ranger does the same thing...)

A cinematic with a Ranger killing a Beserker with the sword....

GET ON THIS MODDERS!  THIS MUST BE DONE BY YESTERDAY!

5Sa8Z49.gif

#92 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

Guys I'm on my phone so posting videos and stuff is a pain but THE LAST DLC IS OUT AND THERE ARE MECs!!!

...Sort of. Look up the trailer for Shen's Last Gift. :P

#93 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

Guys I'm on my phone so posting videos and stuff is a pain but THE LAST DLC IS OUT AND THERE ARE MECs!!!

...Sort of. Look up the trailer for Shen's Last Gift. :P

Got you covered.

5Sa8Z49.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users