XCOM 2

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

I think some of my troopers will die to that chainsaw. But think about the potential of my soldiers once they have their own. We could put that chainsaw on any gun with proper research!

They still have the same abilities though. Blood Call and Intimidate.

So, they seem to be the only aliens revealed that haven't been buffed ability wise. We know the Sectoid can raise the dead, and Vipers can remove units from cover and crush them to death. I shudder to think what they might have done to the Chrysalids and Sectopods.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#42 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

So, they seem to be the only aliens revealed that haven't been buffed ability wise. We know the Sectoid can raise the dead, and Vipers can remove units from cover and crush them to death. I shudder to think what they might have done to the Chrysalids and Sectopods.

There better be flamethrowers, or anything along those lines.  Other wise, I'll be turning the map into a Micheal Bay film to get rid of them.

New Mutons have been revealed. They appear to be Krogan Mercenaries now, and based on how frustratingly hard Krogan Mercs were in ME1 I am officially scared and need to be held.

The look like smaller, loss armored versions of their counterparts to The Bureau: XCOM Declassified than they do to Krogans.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#43 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

POPULAR

Can't believe I missed it, but new info and video of the base mode. 

Key points:

-Soldier customization is insanely detailed

-Weapons can be individually upgraded and modified from the base mode

-Tons of new optional rooms that provide different upgrades and potential items

-Staffing system! Engineers and scientists are recruited much like soldiers, and personnel are individually assigned to projects.

-Soldiers can be trained back at base

-New strategy elements involve searching out resistance pockets to seek out allies and resources

-Soldiers can be re-specced

-The bald council dude is now an informant passing you information

-You'll now be able to gather intel on the current alien short-term goals and be able to make preparations accordingly

-Shen has sadly passed on.  :( HOWEVER! His daughter has taken up his role, and she seems pretty cool, if a bit of a standard Wrench Wench from the looks of her. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-A new chief scientist has replaced Vahlen, who's described as being lost. Definitely thinking that hunting her down is gonna be a plot point.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#44 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

My body is beyond ready for this game already. That video almost killed me.

Er, in a good way.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#45 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

Oh my goodness, so much good. I want this game so badly, oh man.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

#46 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

I hope I can put Dr. Shen's soul inside a Muton-Dreadnaut or MEC suit to fight aliens forever. ;_; It's what he would have wanted. 

The details are so nice. It's weird to see Shadowy Councilman still though; I was hoping it would be more like Half-Life 2, where I'm speaking to either Jennifer Hale or Phil Lamarr over a static radio in their own tiny resistance bases, with matching levels of panic. 

I can't wait to get my Colonial Marines/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s top-side to knock the Xenos down a peg! Hu-mans! Hu-mans!

giphy.gif

#47 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

I hope I can put Dr. Shen's soul inside a Muton-Dreadnaut or MEC suit to fight aliens forever. ;_; It's what he would have wanted. 

Honestly, I'm just wondering who her mother could be. I've actually got a pretty big sneaking suspicion that it could be Vahlen; originally she and Shen were supposed to be married in EU, and Garth is pretty much screaming that tracking down our favorite inconsistently accented doctor is going to be important, so maybe Shen's daughter is a part of that subplot? The brilliant young engineer who lost her dad and is trying to at least get her mom back. It'd fit with how Firaxis wants a stronger character/narrative focus, at any rate. 

v0tzQP.gif

#48 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

Honestly, I'm just wondering who her mother could be. I've actually got a pretty big sneaking suspicion that it could be Vahlen; originally she and Shen were supposed to be married in EU, and Garth is pretty much screaming that tracking down our favorite inconsistently accented doctor is going to be important, so maybe Shen's daughter is a part of that subplot? The brilliant young engineer who lost her dad and is trying to at least get her mom back. It'd fit with how Firaxis wants a stronger character/narrative focus, at any rate. 

But, but Shen was old.

Edited by Halicon, 10 August 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#49 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

But, but Shen was old.

Love knows no bounds...

KY0FhTX.jpg

#50 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Love knows no bounds...

Yeah, but he was still old.  As in, balding head, grey hair old.  Definitely at least 50 in EU.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#51 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, but he was still old.  As in, balding head, grey hair old.  Definitely at least 50 in EU.

Celine Dion married a man 20 years older than herself.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#52 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Anyway, given that the good doctor Vahlen had access to some pretty high-tech stuff, who knows what her real age was? Maybe she was a vampire? :V

Regardless, I'm extreeeeemely excited for all of this. The more personal quest stuff and customization and the like is going to make my games way more memorable than in XCOM 1, fo sho.

#53 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

Anyway, given that the good doctor Vahlen had access to some pretty high-tech stuff, who knows what her real age was? Maybe she was a vampire? :V

Regardless, I'm extreeeeemely excited for all of this. The more personal quest stuff and customization and the like is going to make my games way more memorable than in XCOM 1, fo sho.

I am simultaneously excited for and dreading the added customization options, as I will doubtlessly spend way more time customizing my characters and mourning their loss later on. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#54 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

Vahlen's totally going to be the villain, isn't she?

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#55 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

Unless the aliens have... er, changed her, I don't think it would quite fit her personality. Unless it's a Deus Ex: HR style thing where they just feed her propaganda and she does their science work for them.

#56 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Unless the aliens have... er, changed her, I don't think it would quite fit her personality. Unless it's a Deus Ex: HR style thing where they just feed her propaganda and she does their science work for them.

Two words Burger: Mind Control.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#57 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Even with Mine Control, Dr. Vahlen had a way with extracting info from aliens via interrogation.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#58 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

So exporting soldiers to share online looks like it'll probably be a feature. Between that and all the insane new customization options for your troops I am probably going to spend more time playing The Sims: XCOM edition than actually fighting ayy lmaos.

v0tzQP.gif

#59 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:35 AM

Release date set back to 02/05/2016:
http://xcom.com/news...february-5-2016

KY0FhTX.jpg

#60 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

Sad, but there is some good news: they've revealed two more enemies!

What makes them worse? Instead of just turning soldiers and civilians into zombies (that turn into Chryssalids eventually) Chyrssalids can now put victims in a cocoon that will spawn three (yes THREE) more Chryssalids. And they’ll spawn three more and they’ll spawn three more and so on and so on. Chryssalids also burrow in the ground and act like proximity mines. But instead of being vaporized by a potent explosive, a space bug rips your throat out and pukes eggs into it.

Among the new things was a brief teaser for the new enemy, known as the Faceless. From the footage shown all we know about the faceless is that they are large, gray beings with Cthulu-esque faces. In the video, a human is shown walking on the street until a Faceless explodes out of her in a bright purple mist.

The implication is that the Faceless seem to hibernate in human beings. And although we don’t know anything about their powers yet it’s still unsettling to consider what this means for civilian rescue missions, which are already the most difficult mission type in all of XCOM. Now we have to worry about a civilian becoming a Faceless behind our backs.

giphy.gif

Everything on this planet has evolved to kill humans.

v0tzQP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users