Photo

The Fallout Topic: Hop on the Nuka-Express for a trip to Nuka World.

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

KOUhMqA.png

The Ink Spots - It's All Over But The Crying

Wikipedia Article

Fallout 4 is an upcoming action role-playing open world video game, developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game will be the fifth major installment in the Fallout series, and will be released on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on November 10, 2015.

Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 Dollarydoos

Release: March 2016

The mysterious Machinist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundred of mods; mixing limbs, armour, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customise their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Price: $4.99 USD | $3.99 GBP | $7.95 Dollarydoos

Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures - from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 Dollarydoos

Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine's Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbour, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbour, and at what cost? Far Harbour features the largest landmass for an add-on that we've ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armour and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

I'd like to play it right now,

Edit* on a side note, too sunny and not enough grimmdark.

Edited by Isundir, 03 June 2015 - 07:21 AM.

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#3 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

I just can't see what good is going to come from a voiced main character. I mean, I suppose all the planets could align and Bethesda could somehow write a new Shepard or Geralt for us and take the whole gaming industry by storm, but... I mean... it's Bethesda. Do you guys remember Fallout 3's main story? Do you remember Skyrim's? For me, those answers are, "Unfortunately, a little bit" and "Thank goodness, no". Bethesda's games are about determining which direction the main quest lies in, popping a quick 180 and then exploring for as long as it takes for you to realise that every quest is just making your way through a cave full of Draugrs and uninstalling the game in a fit of frustration. What is some dude's voice going to add to that?

I would very much like to explore that world, though. I have nothing but bad memories about Skyrim any more, but I did like Fallout 3 an awful lot. I'll be there for Fallout 4. 

#4 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

Has it been confirmed beyond the reveal trailer that the main character is going to be voiced? I hadn't noticed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the Metro route and had the main character narrate journal/quest entries, or loading screens. That said, I wouldn't really mind if your character spoke when chatting to people; although being able to select the voice would be a must.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#5 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely saw some in-engine stuff in there. So that counts for something.

...Aw, who am I kidding with this calm attitude:

MAXIMUM HYPE THRUSTERS ENGAGE!

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo Infinite  - TBA (PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#6 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

Hype, hype never changes.

#7 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

I just can't see what good is going to come from a voiced main character. I mean, I suppose all the planets could align and Bethesda could somehow write a new Shepard or Geralt for us and take the whole gaming industry by storm, but... I mean... it's Bethesda. Do you guys remember Fallout 3's main story? Do you remember Skyrim's? For me, those answers are, "Unfortunately, a little bit" and "Thank goodness, no". Bethesda's games are about determining which direction the main quest lies in, popping a quick 180 and then exploring for as long as it takes for you to realise that every quest is just making your way through a cave full of Draugrs and uninstalling the game in a fit of frustration. What is some dude's voice going to add to that?

I would very much like to explore that world, though. I have nothing but bad memories about Skyrim any more, but I did like Fallout 3 an awful lot. I'll be there for Fallout 4. 

I couldn't play Skyrim without drastically altering it with a crapload of mods but I have yet to play a Fallout game I didn't enjoy immensely. I somehow can't imagine the main character is going to be voiced, that said can we be sure the guy in the end of the trailer is going to be the main character. edit* it's likely of course but still...

Edited by Isundir, 03 June 2015 - 08:32 AM.

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#8 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

What the hell have they done to power armor.

For that matter, why is everything so XBOX HUEG

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#9 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

Jeez, is this SSLF, or No Mutants Allowed? :P

I disregard all your naysaying and choose to engage in excitement. All I've wanted for four years now has been Fallout in Skyrim's version of That One Funky-Fresh Bethesda RPG Engine, and if that's what this game turns out to be then I'm happy. 

Also THE USS CONSTITUTION IS AN AIRSHIP NOW. My God, guys, that is just... it's just so damn cool. The Connie is already a cool ship, and and airships are super cool, and combining them is just like this ultimate pinnacle of gorram coolness. If you don't think that's cool then you are officially incapable of having fun.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#10 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

The guys that played the originals are tired of F3babbies trying to make them have fun, I guess.

Malcolm-Tucker-011.jpg

Including me.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#11 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

So as long as I can go around blasting things to bits and finding things and having that Fallout atmosphere, it should be fine. If Bethesda is smart enough to either get more voice actors(low chance) or adopt any changes from New Vegas(probably a low chance) I will cry with joy.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#12 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

You forgot including hiring competent writers, but that's likely a crap shoot, I suppose.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#13 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

The palette is a bit more colourful in places... I approve of this.

#14 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

The guys that played the originals are tired of F3babbies trying to make them have fun, I guess.

Including me.

I don't get how people are either in the Fallout 1/2 camp or the Fallout 3 camp or the Fallout New Vegas camp, I'm in the Fallout 1/2/3&New Vegas and now 4 camp.

#15 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

I don't get how people are either in the Fallout 1/2 camp or the Fallout 3 camp or the Fallout New Vegas camp, I'm in the Fallout 1/2/3&New Vegas and now 4 camp.

Because nostalgia goggles + elitism is a powerful drug. My video games are better than your video games because I've forgotten all of the bad parts and only remember the good parts.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#16 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

The problem is that the Black Isle/ Obsidian games has great writing, while Bethesda's had an incredibly unoriginal plot that ripped off 1 and 2, and the characters were pretty forgettable.

It also kind of made no sense when putting it in next to the previously established setting.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#17 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

Hey, guys, remember when we cared about Fallout games because we wanted to be supreme a-holes in an uncontrolled environment, and we were unconcerned about graphics, story writing, and bugs?

Those were fun times.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo Infinite  - TBA (PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#18 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hey, guys, remember when we cared about Fallout games because we wanted to be supreme a-holes in an uncontrolled environment, and we were unconcerned about graphics, story writing, and bugs?

Those were fun times.

No, that's Borderlands you're thinking of.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#19 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,924 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

For the record, most people in the Fallout 1/2 camp are also in the New Vegas camp, because New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, a company created by developers formerly from Black Isle, which was the company that developed Fallout 1/2. So basically, New Vegas was made by the Fallout 1/2 guys. so it nicely invalidates the "nostalgia goggles" argument *cough*

Just pointing that out because a lot of people don't know it. Carry on. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#20 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

Those were fun times.

Grand Theft Auto?

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users