4 replies to this topic

#1 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

POPULAR

Right, so I said I would have an entry for the fire contest, and here it is!  Think of this as a sequels to one of my unfinished stories from waaaaaay back, Ember in the Dark (which I really need to sit down and finish one of these days). Don't forget to post any comments/criticism below. Enjoy!

Spoiler

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#2 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:46 AM

Very eloquently written. My favorite part was the description of the practice of scorch drawing, it really resonated with my artistic side.

Also, just sharing my opinion as how it ties into the theme of the contest, symbolically, I could equate this short story more to sitting by a warm and calm fireside, as opposed to a raging inferno of violence.

xgd0s9.jpg

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

“Just a cup of tea, if you don’t mind.”

go-back-gallery-for-uncle-iroh-tea-gif-v

Anyways, I enjoyed reading that. 

And don't think I won't pass up the chance to draw Mahlok Uncle Iroh. ;)

#4 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Nicely done, and the conversation and thoughts were so natural. You really have a talent for this. Seems that I need to step up my game.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#5 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:03 AM

Man, oh, man, this is bloody interesting Wang Loki. Can I call you that? :P I really want to see a comtinuation of Ember by the way. If it were up to me, these short fics of you might be ripe for canonization!

Do you have anything you're working on that's set during the Xenocide War, and from the perspective of the Natives almost entirely? I know about your past stories, but I mean fresh projects, that you plan to keep up with sometime soon? :)
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users