Thesis Update #1: Combat Demo

Posted by Dr. Dood von Doodstormer, 12 October 2016 · 335 views

I posted this on my sketchbook last night only to get immediately bumped, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a slightly bigger blog post so it would take like 4 bumps to put this where nobody can see it

Right now most of the functionality is present in the combat scenes, there's just a few navigational and UI bugs that I'd like to iron out before I go back to fiddling with the overworld. As you may have noticed the knights still have no voices yet, so if you'd like to make things easier for miragefla the applications are still open!

Here's also a few early shots from the prototype, taken quite a bit earlier than the video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I should note the characters are still very chunky block-ins as the actual process of making them won't start until next semester; these minecraft knockoffs are just there to help me with scale and animation.

I'm not posting as much process on this as I usually do out of necessity, as I think the final product will be more rewarding if you aren't in on every single step of the process. Anyway, that should probably explain my absence from the ODB for the time being, though I've been playing around with pin-ups and an inktober substitute in my spare time that I may re-bump with in a few weeks.

Do you attend a game design school? An art college with a game design class?

Photo
Dr. Dood von Doodstormer
Oct 13 2016 03:20 PM

Do you attend a game design school? An art college with a game design class?

I study Game Art & Design at Ringling CAD, this is my senior thesis. It's a more art and asset focused program (my year is actually the last one to have 'design' as part of the title) but I make do.

September 2018

S M T W T F S
1617 18 19202122

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Google Ads