• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#41 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

We've now reached 40 posts! Thanks for commenting, and offering critiques and suggestions!

Anyways, now that the school year has started, I've mainly been working on Terraria: The Comic and haven't had much time to do anything else. So I decided to post some WIP Concept Art here to get your opinions:

...And I can't move this drawing either, so, from left to right, we have Zwilt, Blaze and Skelina. Zwilt's third subordinate, Malgus, was left out because I ran out of space. :P

Always, Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions are always appreciated. 

zwilt_and_his_subordinates__wip__by_dwes

#42 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Hey, sorry it took me so long to drop by here like I said I would. :P You've got some good stuff in here! I especially like the monsters (and ponies). The worm guy at the bottom of the previous page is a favorite - nice coloring & shading. Also the troll and chess pieces.

lol, your Tom Drake from December looks so disgruntled about something. Great job on the details of his armor though.

You should try some new art styles now and then - always good to flex your style muscles. Either way, keep drawing! :)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#43 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hey, sorry it took me so long to drop by here like I said I would. :P You've got some good stuff in here! I especially like the monsters (and ponies). The worm guy at the bottom of the previous page is a favorite - nice coloring & shading. Also the troll and chess pieces.

lol, your Tom Drake from December looks so disgruntled about something. Great job on the details of his armor though.

You should try some new art styles now and then - always good to flex your style muscles. Either way, keep drawing! :)

That's okay. Wolfy doesn't comment much anymore, besides, you guys are busy with collage and stuff.

You and Wolfy also seem to like my Pony stuff, you guys must definately be siblings. :D

The Eater of Worlds is a pretty easy boss to defeat in Terraria (him and Lepus), and he's a really easy way to farm Shadow Scales and Demonite Ore, so its no wonder that you would like him. Its too bad that his spawner is so hard to find materials for. :P

Tom Drake is disgruntled about the fact that now, since he's a Werewolf, that he faces the prospect of becoming a Lumberjack so his Werewolf Transformations will make more sense (To me, at least). :D

I might do something with pastels, watercolor, or charcoal in the future. Maybe. Also, Happy Birthday! And Ghostly too!

Anyways, since this is called Dalton Westmoore Artwork and Random Stuff, it's about time to put something random in here, so here are some vids from some videos me and my friend made:

https://www.youtube....h?v=t-dWJmmMU4g

I'm not in this one or helped make it. Maybe that's why its the most popular video on my friend's channel. :P

Here's a video I am in! (I'm the guy in the orange coat):

https://www.youtube....h?v=NUXAlxmeafg

Anyways, on to the art stuff! First up, the colored version of Zwilt and his Subordinates:

zwilt_and_his_subordinates__finished__by

I don't know why I decided to show Skelina's belly button, I guess we need to establish that she's female. :D

Finally, the Watchman and a Fury from Oresties by Aeschylus:

the_watchman_and_a_fury_by_dwestmoore-d8

I've been working on the Terraria Comic a lot, but I'll take a break from it soon, and then I can post more art stuff!

As always, Comments, Critiques and Suggestions are always appreciated!

#44 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

You have a good eye for colors. Something I envy, being color-blind and all. You also clean up your art pretty well from sketches to the final work. I think you could use a bit of stylistic variety though. You have a go-to model for faces and proportions that I don't see you straying from that often. Life drawing and the like is a great way to find new ways of drawing people. I'm not perfect at this though either. The only person I know who is and has always been good at drawing fictional people is my older sister.

Anyways, hope that was constructive. Keep up the good work and never stop drawing!

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#45 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

You have a good eye for colors. Something I envy, being color-blind and all. You also clean up your art pretty well from sketches to the final work. I think you could use a bit of stylistic variety though. You have a go-to model for faces and proportions that I don't see you straying from that often. Life drawing and the like is a great way to find new ways of drawing people. I'm not perfect at this though either. The only person I know who is and has always been good at drawing fictional people is my older sister.

Anyways, hope that was constructive. Keep up the good work and never stop drawing!

Thanks!

...wait, you're colorblind?

tumblr_mnqrhfio5K1rtu78lo1_500.gif

In a figurative or a literal sense? 

More about that later, for now, ON TO THE ARTWORK!

First up, MORE TERRARIA NPCS:

terraria__more_npcs_by_dwestmoore-d8eadx

Lookit them all! :3

Next, SOME TERRARIA BOSSES:

terraria__boss_concept_art_1_by_dwestmoo

The Eye of Cthulu looks...pretty vain-y. :P

Next, Hiccup and Toothless:

hiccup_and_toothless_by_dwestmoore-d8eae

Hiccup's hair went down in a blaze of glory, but at least Toothless looks good! :P

Next, Wulfgard STUFF!

First, Agethor Twin-axe:

agethor_twin_axe_by_dwestmoore-d8eaf8v.j

Next, Venators!

venators_1_by_dwestmoore-d8eafj1.jpg

Wook at wittle Maugrimm...

02cc71119011b479c9599c1902eb3dae.jpg

Penultimately, a Comic by Harry that I plagiarized tried some new comic style stuff on:

drake_and_drinks__colored_by_meeeeee____

What do you think? POST IN THE COMMENTS!

Finally, Tom Drake icon that was too big for me to use:

tom_drake_icon_by_dwestmoore-d8eah7t.png

As allways, Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions are always appreciated!

(Don't sue me Harry, I don't have a lot of money right now. D:)

#46 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hehe, literal sense. That's why I tend to stick 3 tone or monochromatic. However, if I have a color wheel in front of me, I can do it just fine.
I really like the last punching frame. The expressions on everyone's face is perfect. I don't know, it's similar to Harry's style, but I think you bring your own style to the table in most of these. I think if I was going to recommend anything for your default characters it would more substantial facial features. It's really a nitpick, but I think suggestions of bone structure and more substantial eyes would fix it.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#47 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

Spoiler

...Wait, is that supposed to be Krilda? Because, she's... really short. Like, about up to that guy's waist kind of short. Hill dwarves, man.

Also, I get that you're trying to expand your horizons with that comic, but it looks like you just straight-up copied it, rather than just trying to imitate the style...

Buuut besides that, and the uniformity of all your characters, stuff looks good in here. .u.

Edited by Burger Warrior, 19 January 2015 - 08:39 PM.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#48 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hehe, literal sense. That's why I tend to stick 3 tone or monochromatic. However, if I have a color wheel in front of me, I can do it just fine.
I really like the last punching frame. The expressions on everyone's face is perfect. I don't know, it's similar to Harry's style, but I think you bring your own style to the table in most of these. I think if I was going to recommend anything for your default characters it would more substantial facial features. It's really a nitpick, but I think suggestions of bone structure and more substantial eyes would fix it.

Okay, thanks for the Verification. :D

...Wait, is that supposed to be Krilda? Because, she's... really short. Like, about up to that guy's waist kind of short. Hill dwarves, man.

Also, I get that you're trying to expand your horizons with that comic, but it looks like you just straight-up copied it, rather than just trying to imitate the style...

Buuut besides that, and the uniformity of all your characters, stuff looks good in here. .u.

I'm using my own Dwarven Height thing. :P

Also, I just stole borrowed that comic from Harry so I could see if making a comic with markers was any different than one with colored pencils. :P

Anyways, here's a small update. I've spent most of my week reading Eragon:

dragons__iron_raiders__wizard_s_strong_b

This is a Megabloks Set that I decided to draw stuff from. :D

As always, comics, critiques, and suggestions are always appreciated!

#49 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

Awesome, I can really see the detail in the dragon-carriage thing!

21.jpg

#50 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Awesome, I can really see the detail in the dragon-carriage thing!

Thanks!

Anyways, here's a small update. First, a comic I made about certain events that occurred in Errant:

wulfguard__secrets_are_reveiled__by_dwes

Apparently, Caiden is just one of those people who think eyepatches are cool. :P

Next, a WEREWOLF:

terraria__werewolf_by_dwestmoore-d8z83rn

This is probably the best one I've drawn yet. :D

Finally, a Draugr:

terraria__undead_viking_by_dwestmoore-d8

As always Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions are always appreciated!

#51 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

GhostlyCheese is processing, please check in later.

21.jpg

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

The werewolf looks nice, Dalton! Good job on all that fur, too. :P

But uhh, I'm afraid your comic is like... a thousand miles off. Soothand wears a fake eyepatch to cover up his mismatched eye colors, which is a sign of a person born with magic. Caiden's eyepatch is real.

“Wish I could do that,” [Caiden] said, managing a dry, lopsided smile. He gestured at his own eyepatch. “I'm not so pretty under here.”

I think you read the post wrong, bro. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#53 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,846 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Haven't check in a while, from what I've seen, you're doing pretty well. Keep it up.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#54 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Penultimately, a Comic by Harry that I plagiarized tried some new comic style stuff on:

(Don't sue me Harry, I don't have a lot of money right now. D:)

I really like the last punching frame. The expressions on everyone's face is perfect. I don't know, it's similar to Harry's style, but I think you bring your own style to the table in most of these. 

Aaaaand there it is.

drake_and_drinks_by_harry_monster-d6oqradrake_and_drinks__colored_by_meeeeee____

Dalton, you literally just traced over my comic. Which, if you simply wanted to practice inking and coloring, would have been totally fine... if you had asked for my permission first. You don't just "borrow" something from someone without telling them first, you have to ask and see if it's okay. Otherwise that's stealing. 

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at you, I'm just disappointed that you didn't tell me about this and I found out second hand. And I appreciate that on DA you at least credited me, although you really should link back to my profile and to the page the original piece is on instead of just the image opened in a new tab, and link back to SSLF or the Wulfgard site to credit Wolfy and Scorp.

Anyway, no hard feelings, just don't pull stuff like this again without checking to see if it's okay first.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#55 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

The werewolf looks nice, Dalton! Good job on all that fur, too. :P

But uhh, I'm afraid your comic is like... a thousand miles off. Soothand wears a fake eyepatch to cover up his mismatched eye colors, which is a sign of a person born with magic. Caiden's eyepatch is real.

I think you read the post wrong, bro. :P

Thanks for the Complements!

Also, the correct version of that should be coming at some point... :P

Haven't check in a while, from what I've seen, you're doing pretty well. Keep it up.

Thanks! 

Dalton, you literally just traced over my comic. Which, if you simply wanted to practice inking and coloring, would have been totally fine... if you had asked for my permission first. You don't just "borrow" something from someone without telling them first, you have to ask and see if it's okay. Otherwise that's stealing. 

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at you, I'm just disappointed that you didn't tell me about this and I found out second hand. And I appreciate that on DA you at least credited me, although you really should link back to my profile and to the page the original piece is on instead of just the image opened in a new tab, and link back to SSLF or the Wulfgard site to credit Wolfy and Scorp.

Anyway, no hard feelings, just don't pull stuff like this again without checking to see if it's okay first.

kBs-scooby-doo-would.jpg

I was actually pretty worried that you didn't say anything about it. :P

Anyways, I'm sorry that I didn't ask you first. And also, since no one has been able to understand this yet:

I WAS JUST TESTING OUT WHETHER OR NOT I'D LIKE TO USE MARKERS WHEN COLORING IN COMICS! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M JUST DRAWING LIKE HARRY? WE ALL KNOW THAT HARRY IS A BETTER ARTIST THAN I AM!!!

Also, the way you said that last sentence made it sound like a threat. D:

Anyways, art stuff! First up, this beast that I've been working on all week:

sauron_v_s__sombra__full__by_dwestmoore-

Who do you think will win? Post in the Comments or make a Topic about it!

Next up, a drawing staring our Flail-Armed Friend:

the_chain_eyed_battle_troll__expectation

Yes, this was my reaction to it. You guys actually underdescribed it. It's waaay more ridiculous that what you guys said it was! Those aren't peg-legs, they're two rocks and sticks tied together!

Lastly, some Concept Art I finally got around to posting:

mega_blocks__dragons__draigar_and_norvag

As always, Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions are always appreciated!

Also, alert me if I'm stealing other people's artwork. 

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

Also, the correct version of that should be coming at some point... :P

Yyyyeah, it's all good. It's a nonsense comic, anyway. Tom getting married? Ha! :P 

The new art looks awesome, man. That battle in particular is very intense. Easily one of the most impressive things you've drawn. I can see why it'd take so long. The armies look great, as do their leaders and even the background is rad.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:34 AM

I WAS JUST TESTING OUT WHETHER OR NOT I'D LIKE TO USE MARKERS WHEN COLORING IN COMICS! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M JUST DRAWING LIKE HARRY? WE ALL KNOW THAT HARRY IS A BETTER ARTIST THAN I AM!!!

7KFayWr.gif

Anyway, Dalton, I think you got a knack for this cartoon-y stuff. I suck and can't draw toons for crap, but I'm dope at paintings. ;D

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#58 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

Yyyyeah, it's all good. It's a nonsense comic, anyway. Tom getting married? Ha! :P

The new art looks awesome, man. That battle in particular is very intense. Easily one of the most impressive things you've drawn. I can see why it'd take so long. The armies look great, as do their leaders and even the background is rad.

Thanks!

...You said it was a nonsense comic, not me... :P

7KFayWr.gif

Anyway, Dalton, I think you got a knack for this cartoon-y stuff. I suck and can't draw toons for crap, but I'm dope at paintings. ;D

Thanks!

Anyways, small update for Errant related Stuff. First up, a Potential Logo for it:

errant__the_persistent_world_rpg_logo_by

Yes, I know, it looks like it was made in Paint, but it took me a long time to get it to look this good. Probably will do a hand-drawn version. :P

Finally, some Concept art:

the_weeping_mage_and_fallen_inquisitors_

There are numbers beside the helmets and weapons for combos. Post your favorites!

#59 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

Nice Errant logo. :P One of these days I'll try to put one together myself. Dunno when I'll get that opportunity, though.

The concept art looks cool. My favorite helmet is probably 13, though I see a lot of helmet designs I like, and the coolest weapon, IMO, is 1a, because I'm a classicist.

I see this Weeping Mage fellow you mentioned in the Errant OOC thread, but I'm curious: what're all the Inquisition-related designs for?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#60 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Nice Errant logo. :P One of these days I'll try to put one together myself. Dunno when I'll get that opportunity, though.

The concept art looks cool. My favorite helmet is probably 13, though I see a lot of helmet designs I like, and the coolest weapon, IMO, is 1a, because I'm a classicist.

I see this Weeping Mage fellow you mentioned in the Errant OOC thread, but I'm curious: what're all the Inquisition-related designs for?

I'll explain who the Weeping Mage is in the OOC thread; I've already told you what the Inquisitors are about.

13 is a pretty cool helmet, too bad that I couldn't duplicate it well. D:

The Coolest weapon is 1a? 

Actually, it is. But there are other cooler ones. :D

Anyways, small art update today, starring the Fallen Inquisitors!

fallen_inquisitors__part_1_by_dwestmoore

fallen_inquisitors__part_2_by_dwestmoore

If you can't see their names, from left to right, they are:

Marhault, Marhaus, Garlon, Dolorous, Accolor, Turquyn, Maleagant, Launceor, and Lamorak. 

Yes, all their names are taken from King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, how did you guess? :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users