Photo

The Pokemon Thread

Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

Poll: Pokemon Sun & Moon

Who's your starter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#681 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Well, Pokemon Bank was released a couple of days ago, which means my plethora of competitive Pokemon, along with my Dittos, finally made the jump to Alola. And with a Ditto, means I can finally breed a team capable of taking Hawk down. 

The process has begun, Hawk. Hope you're ready for it.

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#682 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:25 AM

Well I got my shiny Cubone a few weeks ago. It was actually a very magical moment for me, as I dreamed about hatching it the night before, I wasn't expecting the next trial to be fire-themed with a bunch of dancing Alolan Marowaks. I evolved mine into a sikkkkk blue Marowak, and knocked out that trial, and all of those wannabe Marowaks with ease, and finished the rest of the island up. Poke Pelago is pretty cool, gives me something to do while I'm breeding, which now that I've reached the third island... I'm gonna commit myself to breeding a shiny Litten...

Gx6XGph.jpg

Kill me, Pete

xgd0s9.jpg

#683 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Well I got my shiny Cubone a few weeks ago. It was actually a very magical moment for me, as I dreamed about hatching it the night before, I wasn't expecting the next trial to be fire-themed with a bunch of dancing Alolan Marowaks. I evolved mine into a sikkkkk blue Marowak, and knocked out that trial, and all of those wannabe Marowaks with ease, and finished the rest of the island up. Poke Pelago is pretty cool, gives me something to do while I'm breeding, which now that I've reached the third island... I'm gonna commit myself to breeding a shiny Litten...

Gx6XGph.jpg

Kill me, Pete

I have an extra shiny Litten I could just give you if you'd like.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#684 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

I have an extra shiny Litten I could just give you if you'd like.

:DDD

That would be DOPE my man! What can I possibly trade you for it? I don't have PokeBank right now by the way but I could throw you an extra shiny Eevee I have at some point.

xgd0s9.jpg

#685 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

:DDD

That would be DOPE my man? What can I possibly trade you for it? I don't have PokeBank right now by the way but I could throw you an extra shiny Eevee I have.

Here you are having spare Eevees and here I am without a single shiny outside of the ones you get from the game (a.k.a. Red Gyarados). :P I did, however, find a guy on reddit who was willing to take one of my Pokemon and turn him into a shiny. That's how I handle things...cheating. 

#686 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

Here you are having spare Eevees and here I am without a single shiny outside of the ones you get from the game (a.k.a. Red Gyarados). :P I did, however, find a guy on reddit who was willing to take one of my Pokemon and turn him into a shiny. That's how I handle things...cheating. 

Aw don't cheat for them man, it's not right. I think it's worth it to have one that you hatched yourself, just so you can give it your own nickname. Whenever I get pokebank I can trade you one of mine, it may not be a legitimate one but I've got a small collection. I'm not much of a battler truth be told, I just like collecting shinies.

xgd0s9.jpg

#687 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hey guys, I just started playing Pokémon Sun. My starter is a Rowlet whom I named 3wenty, because it's one more than 2wenty :P . This is the first one I've ever played, so I'm pretty excited!

Expect to hear more from Kimael (an inside joke with my irl friends) and her pet owl as she battles with fellow trainers like it's the law. Which it kind of is.

#688 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Aw don't cheat for them man, it's not right. I think it's worth it to have one that you hatched yourself, just so you can give it your own nickname. Whenever I get pokebank I can trade you one of mine, it may not be a legitimate one but I've got a small collection. I'm not much of a battler truth be told, I just like collecting shinies.

Eh, normally I'd agree with you, but given how long it can take to find shinies (I put a ton of hours into Pokemon each generation and have yet to find one) I don't feel all that bad about it. Considering its only a slight aesthetic change, it didn't bother me all that much. I still had to breed and hyper train the little guy, and that in and of itself was quite the process. I just wanted him in a different color. :P

Also, good luck on your adventure Halcyon!

#689 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

I had a shiny Gastly show up in my PokePelago. I tried to get it to stay, but apparently my pokebeans weren't good enough.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#690 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

I don't really have a problem with "legal" hacks, meaning as long as it doesn't put the stats over what they could possibly be normally or have any moves that it couldn't learn normally, I don't have a problem with it. That said, I did just breed a completely legit shiny myself, I won't quite say what it is yet since it will be a member of the team I am using to battle Hawk, but it felt real good seeing the little guy hatch out of it's egg. 

Style, no need to pay me back for the Litten. Like I said, it's an extra for me as I already have a competitive shiny Incineroar, so I don't need the little guy. 

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#691 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

I don't really have a problem with "legal" hacks, meaning as long as it doesn't put the stats over what they could possibly be normally or have any moves that it couldn't learn normally, I don't have a problem with it. That said, I did just breed a completely legit shiny myself, I won't quite say what it is yet since it will be a member of the team I am using to battle Hawk, but it felt real good seeing the little guy hatch out of it's egg. 

Style, no need to pay me back for the Litten. Like I said, it's an extra for me as I already have a competitive shiny Incineroar, so I don't need the little guy. 

Sweet, PM me your friend code and we can do a trade!

xgd0s9.jpg

#692 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,965 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

Yo dorks, there's a Pokemon-focused Nintendo Direct on tonight:

I'm not saying they're going to announce Pokemon Stars, but they're probably going to announce Pokemon Stars. Now we just have to wonder whether it is really a Switch game, or maybe a 3DS/Switch cross-gen thing, or just a straight-up 3DS-only game. Or maybe it's an elaborate troll and they'll just announce a Pokken port for the Switch or something.

EDIT - Pokken Switch confirmed, plus this:

cGVVkh9.png

They're 3DS exclusive. Good grief.

Gold and Silver are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console, too. September 22, same day as Pokken Switch.

#693 Wildsoldier37

Wildsoldier37

• Nova Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Yo dorks, there's a Pokemon-focused Nintendo Direct on tonight:

I'm not saying they're going to announce Pokemon Stars, but they're probably going to announce Pokemon Stars. Now we just have to wonder whether it is really a Switch game, or maybe a 3DS/Switch cross-gen thing, or just a straight-up 3DS-only game. Or maybe it's an elaborate troll and they'll just announce a Pokken port for the Switch or something.

EDIT - Pokken Switch confirmed, plus this:

cGVVkh9.png

They're 3DS exclusive. Good grief.

Gold and Silver are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console, too. September 22, same day as Pokken Switch.

Hopefully Ultra Sun And Ultra Moon will be good, while I myself haven't played Sun or Moon they still look pretty great so I'm pretty confident Ultra Sun And Ultra Moon will be good too.

#694 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,965 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:03 AM

So there's a potential leak of the Gen 8 starter first evolutions out there. I don't know if there's any merit to it, but it's at least a pretty convincing fake. I wouldn't mind choosing one of these dudes:

Spoiler

Water continues to be the most consistently bestest option, of course. If you'll excuse me I'll be trying not to get too attached to these guys in case they turn out to be fake.

#695 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,965 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hey guys the Pokemon Company's stock just went up by about three trillion percent:

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee, coming to a Nintendo Switch near you this November. It looks like Kanto remake, but in full 3D with wild Pokemon sprites on the overworld, and an expanded version of HG/SS's following Pokemon (now you can ride a Charizard!). It... honestly looks pretty great. I thought I was past Pokemon remakes, because I'm just kind of sick of using the same old Pokemon over and over and over, but, well, I'm definitely going to play this. Who am I kidding?

#696 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

It's also *not* the "core" title they mentioned at last year's E3.

With #PokemonQuest and #PokemonLetsGo, there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#697 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,965 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

So here's some extra Eevee/Pikachu info I stole from Resetera:

- Pokémon Go like catching
- Inspired by Pokémon Yellow, not a remake
- Following Pokémon return
- Eevee and Pikachu customization
- No random battles
- Local co-op
- Pokéball Plus device announced ($50)
- No wild battles, you can only battle pokémon trainers
- OG 151 available + Alolan forms
- One completely never before seen pokémon will be in the game
- No online features planned for Let’s Go. Only local multiplayer

So, yeah, it's not a traditional Pokemon RPG. No wild battles is a weird one; with no way to grind you wonder if they're changing all the underlying systems of XP and IVs/EVs and stuff. I guess it's a more casual-friendly introduction to Pokemon console games for people who were introduced to the series by Pokemon Go, which is cool.

Here's that FIFTY DOLLAR Pokeball controller:

eRAWeXR.png

I figured they'd pack it in with a special edition of the game; that seems crazy expensive for a Pokeball with an analogue stick on it :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users