• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Ordered a set of decals and one of them was Samus. Not happy with just adding a sticker, here are some ideas for making the figure even cooler.

This is a straight-up LDD build with photoshopped decals. I like it because it's simple and effective. I'd have to paint the robot arm orange and helmet red.

dfhfs_zps877ed6f2.png

And I might get crazy and go further! I already cut a trans-neon-green visor to fit roughly into the GP's visor area, as shown here. Next step would be to cut the chest armor so only the red area remains, that way the chest protrudes. Probably attach some orange 1x1 round plates to the shoulders with tape so they're flexible. Then I'd cut the red part out of the sticker and stick that to the armor. I'll have to get another whole chest piece sticker to put on the torso.

I really like this one, it has some much needed added height too.

samusdgsf_zps5bc01c99.png

Also, I may just splice the bottom part of some orange legs to the yellow uppers because I don't feel like painting, the stickers would cover the seam anyway.

Thoughts?

#2 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

You could also order one of these curved torsos if you wanted to make it look that much more feminine 

mudkip.png

#3 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was thinking about it, I'm hesitating though because I've already dropped a ton of money on LEGO lately (and SS decals :D )

Also, If I order that I'll want Darth Talon and Aayla, and that's already like $30 I don't really want to spend right now lol

I can make my own curved torso anyway with a little dremeling and sanding. I'm not sure what other special trait the Arealight curved torsos have anyway aside from that.

#4 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Quick update on Samus:

Left to do is paint the helmet red and the robot arm orange.

Modifications:
-Cut visor to fit Galaxy Patrol Helmet
-Cut red armor to fit decals
-Added curves to torso

I may have to cut off the armor's shoulder flares to add a little bridge of tape to attach big ball shoulders eventually

8914850896_9823bf5b99_o.png
Samus Aran WIP by Henchmen4Hire, on Flickr

#5 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

That's a pretty sweet minifig! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users