Gallants: Discussion

Posted by Mr. Skeli'n, 30 June 2016 · 318 views

Posted Image

Welcome to The Gallants of Cyliajaca! Some of you might remember the previous iteration of this, or my project In Extremis, and this is set in that same universe. This is designed to be a way to grow the universe and lore organically, and get people involved to a certain degree. While you don’t have to be intimately familiar with the universe I’ve created, it helps to know the basics. I’ve put together a little guide that is succinct as possible, yet covers the basics of everything you need to know.

The Gallants of Cyliajaca functions as a slow-burning Choose Your Own adventure game. This time around, the characters will be introduced as little more than archetypes and your decisions/actions (that’s you, SSLFers) will grow them into rounded characters over time. Or get them killed; it’s your choice. Here’s how it works:

• The Gallants start a campaign and SSLF members pick which Gallants go along for the ride
  • I navigate the characters through an initial chunk of the campaign, then leave an open ended prompt for discussion
  • Those playing the game discuss which characters should do what (in generalizations), and come to some sort of consensus
    • I say in generalizations that way I can worry about the specifics of the universe. If you want a certain character to go attack the bad guys, or you want the doofus to press the big red button, that’s your call!
  • I write out another chunk of the campaign out, and the process repeats until the campaign is finished

The current campaign is found here, and I'd recommend following either this thread, or the campaign thread to be notified when a new post comes out. If it's been a few days, I'll try to contact you, but I don't want to be pushy. As always, information can be found in the old topic.

October 2018

S M T W T F S
141516 17 181920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Google Ads

Categories