• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk of board games or tabletop RPGs here, so I thought, what if we had a board just for that? Or would that be too many? Also, I just realize, oh my heavens, there's a powerful storm outside my window. I just heard these howling sounds, thought it was weird, looked outside and all the plants are going bannanas, like they're rocking to No Quarter by Led Zepelin...

Oh, right, back to topic. I've always loved these kinds of games. You had to use your imagination, but then there were also board games with amazing, complicated set-ups, with towers you could shoot down, into pieces even, and other brilliant sceneries. I've always been very nostalgic about games involving what you can't see, and what you can see, physically. The former because I want to be an author, so imgination is probably my most powerful ally, and the latter because who doesn't??

Also, it would be an opportunity for us to be even more geekier than we already are, talking about complex rulesets and RPG systems. We already have a board for made-up RPGs, but this would be different. For example we might have a topic for news on commercially made RPGs, or RPGs we've found online, posted by their creators. Could be on DeviantArt, the RPGForums site, its own site or wherever. I just think it would be a neat asset to the good ol SSLF.

Of course this would not have to be limited to things you can get physically, since there are a lot of online text-based games that simulate real tabletop gaming. Or games based on worldbuilding, like Goodhood WB on Reddit, Dawn of Words, and probably others I just can't remember the names of at the moment.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#2 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk of board games or tabletop RPGs here, so I thought, what if we had a board just for that?

Looks like you just questioned your own answer there. If there's not a lot of discussion for a topic, how would giving it it's own board fix that?

#3 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

Like, I posted a thread on a Risk mod I've been working on, and no one posted at all in the topic, it's been months. I don't think there is much interest in tabletop games aside from the few threads that already exist discussing them.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#4 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

Looks like you just questioned your own answer there. If there's not a lot of discussion for a topic, how would giving it it's own board fix that?

That may be true, but there is this http://forums.saber-...showtopic=10857I only just found it, but it does look like, from that thread, that there is some request of this. Or maybe we just need to encourage talk about these things more, by posting about it, or creating a new thread only dedicated to board games for example, and one dedicated for tabletop (check). Who wants to have a board game thread?

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

The boards are pretty well consolidated by activity right now, I think. If you're curious as to whether or not someone would be interested in any kind of topic, feel free to go ahead and start it! :) It's the best way to find out if anyone is interested in posting in something like that.

The gaming board isn't meant to be limited by just one type of gaming, though, for the record. It includes board games, tabletop games, video games, etc.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

Yeah Wolfy, I knew that. The description says that it's for all kind of gaming too, but I was just surprised to see that not much had been said about RPGs and board games even though I am positive a lot of us are huge fans of it. So I'll go ahead and make one.

Lukas S.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpg, board game, tabletop, physical, role playing game, suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users