Track of the Wolf
Chapter 1: The enchanted forest
((There are a few rules for all of you to know. Yeah, I'm shamelessly using Wolfy's stuff. Be sure to read over all of them:
1. I’m the DM of the RP. What I say goes. Period.
2. Everyone may post as many times as they like as long as they do not try to advance the plot (interact with each other freely, however) and\or take control of important\named NPCs (mentioned later). For combat posts, I will specify in OOC at the bottom of the post how the combat will work.
3. Continuing from Rule 2, I encourage all of you to interact with other players (or NPCs; I will respond to you as the NPCs in a smaller post if you speak to one). Character interaction is one of the primary forms of character development, and character development makes RPs more dynamic, interesting, dramatic, and fun for everyone.
4. No godmoding (obviously).
5. Don’t take control of the NPCs. All of the NPCs are characters (namely mine), just like the character that you have. Do not say what Ulvgrim, Brynhildr or any other NPC say in response to your question or do in reaction to something you did. This also applies to the characters owned by other players. The easiest way to tell if an NPC is considered “important” or not is whether or not they have been given a name. If they have a name, consider them important, and thus you shouldn’t control them.
6. RP your characters realistically. Take into account their background, race, etc.
7. Be creative. Creativity and freedom is what separates RPs from other types of games. Also, try to RP your character’s emotions well, such as surprise, fear, and their opinions.
8. Try to keep OOC (out of character) talk to a minimum, and mark it somehow. I use two parentheses ((like so)) to mark OOC. But preferably, just use the sign-up topic for OOC discussions\remarks about the RP, not the RP topic.
9. If you ever want to resign from the RP, then send me a PM or leave a comment on my profile saying so and we can figure something out. This also applies to if you will be away and unable to post for an extended period of time. If you just up and disappear for a long time without contacting me beforehand, your inactive character will probably be killed off.
10. If you have any questions or requests, DO NOT post them here in the topic. PM them to me or Maverick-Werewolf (If it's lore-related).
11. Be sure to read everyone else’s posts in addition to mine and interact with each other. Again, do not take control of other player characters or named NPCs; if you speak to another player, wait for them to respond to you. If you speak to a named NPC, wait for me to respond to you.
12. Remember that your character can die in this RP. Also remember that what happens in the RP stays in the RP; none one’s actions should be taken personally or be the cause of an OOC argument, as they are acting in-character.
If your name appears in bold and has a note mentioning required edits, this means you must edit your character, and you may not post until those edits are made. If you are unsure of what edits are being referred to, please PM me about it or look through my posts in the early pages of the sign-up topic for mention of your name (which you should probably do anyway just to make sure you used all your stat points; some of you didn’t, and I pointed out those people).
If your name appears with a slash through it, then your character is dead.
Azoth - Vologrith Doldukr
Darkwoods - Aulric Von Reiner
Lord Boar - Amman Osman
Cheatmaster - Hilao Orik
Horatius - Kithel Detholir
Harry Monster - Alys
Shawn Goldenhair - Elliassa Jay Vendena
Maverick-werewolf - Enfys
Golden-star - Felagir
Wiffleball - Vicente Varossa
Fire-fox – Lukas Elir
Slater474 - Octavan Manon Rislus
Eeevils - Kitsuki Nagara (to be finished).
NPC character (and race) list:
Ulvgrim Björnsson - Leader of the party; Northerner
Brynhildr - Companion of Ulvgrim; Frost dwarf
Hestur - Carries the party supplies; Mule
In closing, I wish you all good luck and give early condolences to whoever dies in the course of the RP.
Now, without further ado, let Track of the Wolf: chapter 1 begin!))
The sun shone over Northrim, providing much-appreciated warmth to all that lived in the colder parts of the realm. In Road's End, a group of adventurers had gathered outside the inn, waiting for their employer to finish his errands. They were hired to enter Warm Wood forest and investigate the supposed ruins that were supposed to be in there. The group of adventurers had caught the attention of many, for it was indeed a strange gathering of creatures. Elves and dwarves were less than common. Southerners were rarely seen this far north, and imperials were not very welcome. Yet it was the horse-man, a being most of northrim's residents had never seen, that made watchful eyes follow the group with suspicion.
A tall northerner emerged from the inn. The group recognised him as Ulvgrim, their employer. His features were far from uncommon among his kin: Light brown hair, grey eyes, pale skin and a somwhat hooked nose. He was clad in leather, and wore a grey cloak. A plain hand-and-a-half sword hung from his belt, and he leaned to a spear as he stood in front of his group. He wore no jewelry, save for one thing: A silver medallion shaped like a Viking shield. Those with a sharp pair of eyes could read the words «VERNDUN INAN» written in runes on it's edge.
«So,» He began. «We are about to embark on a journey that will take us into the heart of Warm Wood. It will be dangerous, as there are many creatures within the forest that does not appreciate intruders in their land.»
Ulvgrim paused, and searched for doubt in the faces of his new companions. «You are paid to aid me in my search for these ruins, and to look out for each other. Your past is your own, and you may share it or keep it as you wish. As long as you don't place your companions in danger, it does not matter who you are or what you have done.»
«Now,» he continued, in a much more friendly manner. «we'll go and meet up with Brynhildr. She is waiting for us outside the gate. I'd best not keep her waiting.»
Brynhildr was leaning to the wooden wall surrounding Endibraut, arms crossed. People would occasionally walk in and out of the gate, and more than once she had recieved glances because of her blueish skin and natural beauty. She wore an outfit traditional to Frost dwarves, even though she had not been with her kin for sixteen years. Her weapon was a mystery to all but the skadergar: An axe made of ice. It shimmered with a faint glow, and simply touching its edge would send chills throughout a man's body.
As the group approached, Brynhildr gave them an unimpressed look. She then sighed and adressed her companion.
«You took your time, Ulvgrim.» The dwarf spoke like a noble. «You should know better than letting a woman wait.»
The northerner her a baffled look, before replying. «Should I?» He looked as though he was about to make a snappy comment, but thought the better of it. «I trust everything is ready for our journey. Is Hestur fed and happy?»
A few feet away, a dark brown mule grazed on the meager plants around it. It had been loaded with a ridiculous amount of supplies, but it didn't seem to mind the burden.
Brynhildr gave a chukle. «The fat beast stole three apples on the way out, so I suspect it is. Now, shall we start our journey without further delays?»
«Perhaps we should...» the northerner turned once again to the adventurers. «We march East until dawn.»
((Alright, this is it. The opening post is a bit short and somewhat rushed, but at least it's posted. Right now the party is simply walking east. Now you are free to develop your character. Talk to each other, talk to Ulvgrim/Brynhildr, or simply say what your character thinks and feels.))