NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Fenris' failed RP Mark 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Track of the Wolf

Posted Image

Chapter 1: The enchanted forest

((There are a few rules for all of you to know. Yeah, I'm shamelessly using Wolfy's stuff. Be sure to read over all of them:

1. I’m the DM of the RP. What I say goes. Period.

2. Everyone may post as many times as they like as long as they do not try to advance the plot (interact with each other freely, however) and\or take control of important\named NPCs (mentioned later). For combat posts, I will specify in OOC at the bottom of the post how the combat will work.

3. Continuing from Rule 2, I encourage all of you to interact with other players (or NPCs; I will respond to you as the NPCs in a smaller post if you speak to one). Character interaction is one of the primary forms of character development, and character development makes RPs more dynamic, interesting, dramatic, and fun for everyone.

4. No godmoding (obviously).

5. Don’t take control of the NPCs. All of the NPCs are characters (namely mine), just like the character that you have. Do not say what Ulvgrim, Brynhildr or any other NPC say in response to your question or do in reaction to something you did. This also applies to the characters owned by other players. The easiest way to tell if an NPC is considered “important” or not is whether or not they have been given a name. If they have a name, consider them important, and thus you shouldn’t control them.

6. RP your characters realistically. Take into account their background, race, etc.

7. Be creative. Creativity and freedom is what separates RPs from other types of games. Also, try to RP your character’s emotions well, such as surprise, fear, and their opinions.

8. Try to keep OOC (out of character) talk to a minimum, and mark it somehow. I use two parentheses ((like so)) to mark OOC. But preferably, just use the sign-up topic for OOC discussions\remarks about the RP, not the RP topic.

9. If you ever want to resign from the RP, then send me a PM or leave a comment on my profile saying so and we can figure something out. This also applies to if you will be away and unable to post for an extended period of time. If you just up and disappear for a long time without contacting me beforehand, your inactive character will probably be killed off.

10. If you have any questions or requests, DO NOT post them here in the topic. PM them to me or Maverick-Werewolf (If it's lore-related).

11. Be sure to read everyone else’s posts in addition to mine and interact with each other. Again, do not take control of other player characters or named NPCs; if you speak to another player, wait for them to respond to you. If you speak to a named NPC, wait for me to respond to you.

12. Remember that your character can die in this RP. Also remember that what happens in the RP stays in the RP; none one’s actions should be taken personally or be the cause of an OOC argument, as they are acting in-character.

If your name appears in bold and has a note mentioning required edits, this means you must edit your character, and you may not post until those edits are made. If you are unsure of what edits are being referred to, please PM me about it or look through my posts in the early pages of the sign-up topic for mention of your name (which you should probably do anyway just to make sure you used all your stat points; some of you didn’t, and I pointed out those people).
If your name appears with a slash through it, then your character is dead.

Player/Character list:

Azoth - Vologrith Doldukr
Darkwoods - Aulric Von Reiner
Lord Boar - Amman Osman
Cheatmaster - Hilao Orik
Horatius - Kithel Detholir
Harry Monster - Alys
Shawn Goldenhair - Elliassa Jay Vendena
Maverick-werewolf - Enfys
Golden-star - Felagir
Wiffleball - Vicente Varossa
Fire-fox – Lukas Elir
Slater474 - Octavan Manon Rislus
Eeevils - Kitsuki Nagara (to be finished).

NPC character (and race) list:

Ulvgrim Björnsson - Leader of the party; Northerner
Brynhildr - Companion of Ulvgrim; Frost dwarf
Hestur - Carries the party supplies; Mule

In closing, I wish you all good luck and give early condolences to whoever dies in the course of the RP.
Now, without further ado, let Track of the Wolf: chapter 1 begin!))

The sun shone over Northrim, providing much-appreciated warmth to all that lived in the colder parts of the realm. In Road's End, a group of adventurers had gathered outside the inn, waiting for their employer to finish his errands. They were hired to enter Warm Wood forest and investigate the supposed ruins that were supposed to be in there. The group of adventurers had caught the attention of many, for it was indeed a strange gathering of creatures. Elves and dwarves were less than common. Southerners were rarely seen this far north, and imperials were not very welcome. Yet it was the horse-man, a being most of northrim's residents had never seen, that made watchful eyes follow the group with suspicion.

A tall northerner emerged from the inn. The group recognised him as Ulvgrim, their employer. His features were far from uncommon among his kin: Light brown hair, grey eyes, pale skin and a somwhat hooked nose. He was clad in leather, and wore a grey cloak. A plain hand-and-a-half sword hung from his belt, and he leaned to a spear as he stood in front of his group. He wore no jewelry, save for one thing: A silver medallion shaped like a Viking shield. Those with a sharp pair of eyes could read the words «VERNDUN INAN» written in runes on it's edge.

«So,» He began. «We are about to embark on a journey that will take us into the heart of Warm Wood. It will be dangerous, as there are many creatures within the forest that does not appreciate intruders in their land.»

Ulvgrim paused, and searched for doubt in the faces of his new companions. «You are paid to aid me in my search for these ruins, and to look out for each other. Your past is your own, and you may share it or keep it as you wish. As long as you don't place your companions in danger, it does not matter who you are or what you have done.»

«Now,» he continued, in a much more friendly manner. «we'll go and meet up with Brynhildr. She is waiting for us outside the gate. I'd best not keep her waiting.»

Brynhildr was leaning to the wooden wall surrounding Endibraut, arms crossed. People would occasionally walk in and out of the gate, and more than once she had recieved glances because of her blueish skin and natural beauty. She wore an outfit traditional to Frost dwarves, even though she had not been with her kin for sixteen years. Her weapon was a mystery to all but the skadergar: An axe made of ice. It shimmered with a faint glow, and simply touching its edge would send chills throughout a man's body.

As the group approached, Brynhildr gave them an unimpressed look. She then sighed and adressed her companion.
«You took your time, Ulvgrim.» The dwarf spoke like a noble. «You should know better than letting a woman wait.»

The northerner her a baffled look, before replying. «Should I?» He looked as though he was about to make a snappy comment, but thought the better of it. «I trust everything is ready for our journey. Is Hestur fed and happy?»

A few feet away, a dark brown mule grazed on the meager plants around it. It had been loaded with a ridiculous amount of supplies, but it didn't seem to mind the burden.

Brynhildr gave a chukle. «The fat beast stole three apples on the way out, so I suspect it is. Now, shall we start our journey without further delays?»

«Perhaps we should...» the northerner turned once again to the adventurers. «We march East until dawn.»

((Alright, this is it. The opening post is a bit short and somewhat rushed, but at least it's posted. Right now the party is simply walking east. Now you are free to develop your character. Talk to each other, talk to Ulvgrim/Brynhildr, or simply say what your character thinks and feels.))

#2 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Vologrith eyed the centaur with open contempt. "Bloody horse-people," he muttered to himself. "He's gonna end up turnin' his fat rear on us, and then we'll be sorry!" He clutched his axe mightily, never taking his gray eyes away from him. He'll have to resist the urge to sink his axe into the centaur's hide for this adventure, something he normally would never do. "Bloody horse-people!" he growled again to himself. He shook his head in frustration; how did one of them get in this group? As he continued walking, his eyes started to drift away from the centaur and look at the surroundings. They were heading east, but to where, Vologrith had little idea. He hoisted his axe up and propped it comfortably on his collarbone. With the position it was in, he would be ready for anything, be it a monster, or, more specifically, the centaur. Gradually, he relaxed considerably. He looked around at the party, noticing the rather odd combination of races. There were Imperials, Southerners, plenty of dwarves and elves, even a bloody centaur, but there was only one Northerner. The surly dwarf looked again at the various elves. "Elves," he said simply. In his mind, calling someone an elf was one of the dirtiest curses you could give. He hated elves. They never fought like a real warrior, thus they had not earned Vologrith's respect.

Vologrith saw the sea dwarf and approached him. "Hail, friend!" he said as cheerily as he could. Unfortunately, after the revelation of being surrounded by elves and a centaur, that wasn't all that cheery. "Might I be knowin' ye name?"

Posted Image

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Enfys was still stroking the feathers of an owl she had been speaking to earlier. To be precise, she was conversing with him on how strange the group was, and the bird couldn't say he had seen anything of the sort, either. Both were particularly baffled by the centaur. It was, however, an entirely wordless conversation - and, as far as the other travelers knew, there was no conversation at all.

Enfys and her avian companion remained silent, though they would periodically gaze at each other. After a while, the wood elf smiled and held her arm out alongside her, letting the owl spread his mighty wings and depart. Enfys watched him go, admiring the beauty of the creature for a long while before she returned her gaze to the others.

Though it was difficult for her to pry her gaze off the centaur and force her thoughts to something other than "How did he get into the North?" "How did he make it all the way up the Empire proper to the boarder of Northrim?" "Why would he come so far from his homeland?" and "I wonder if he eats grass?", she finally turned her attention elsewhere.

There was a surprising number of Imperials in the group, she noticed, along with both elves and dwarves. She knew the hall they had just left was a place many travelers passed through, but she had hardly expected this! Enfys decided she'd have to visit there more often. She was eager to speak with the centaur and ask him all her myriad questions, but she decided against it. What if he was a grouch? Maybe she'd try in a minute and see if someone else spoke to him first.

Enfys drew out the skin of wine she carried and took a sip, contemplating who to speak to first among such an interesting group.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

Aulric Von Reiner surveyed the group he would spend the next few weeks with. He was somewhat surprised by the variety of races, everything from Southerners to Centaurs! He surpressed a chuckle as he compared the exotic half human to the mule carrying the party's supplies. Although Aulric knew voicing such jests would probably lead to his death, he couldn't help it when that kind of thought just popped into his head. He'd always been a joker, even going back to when Sonya...
He caught himself, and forced his mind to dwell on other matters. For instance, which of his companions seemed like the most likely candidate to murder them all? Aulric grimaced as he felt the familliar, painful limp in his right leg. He had sustained the injury while in the South, when he'd gotten into a slight misundestanding with a mercenary. While Aulric had killed the warrior, somewhat regretfully, the dead man had left his mark after fracturing Aulric's leg with a dying blow. He had recovered under the care of a slightly less violent healer, but his leg had troubled him ever since.

Aulric surveyed his companions, noticing, with some surpise, a Wood Elf drinking from a skin of wine. The Imperial did his best to disguise his limp as he walked over, although a slight twitch showed on his face every time he put his right foot down. With a hand casually resting on his cutlass, he spoke to the Elf.
'Good day to you, Miss.' Aulric greeted the woman. 'Would you mind if I asked what brings you here? Please take no offence, but your kind are seldom seen outside the forest.'
The Imperial stopped speaking, wondering if the Elf would turn violent. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by Darkwoods, 10 November 2010 - 11:44 PM.

giphy.gif

#5 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

Kithel Detholir walked through the middle of the group. Their captain, Ulvgrim, seemed the least odd of them all. Kithel had spent the past four years in the lands of men, and most of them had the light hair, skin, and eyes that Ulvgrim had. Perhaps humans, like elves, had different races that did not look alike. Maybe they had more in common with the elves than he had first thought. Kithel chuckled to himself. Four years ago, he would not have even noticed the differences in skin and hair color. This was a sign that he was becoming better adapted to human ways.

The huge centaur caught his eye first. Kithel had scarcely believed these creatures existed, yet here was one of them traveling with him. The high elf wondered if the centaur had the same intelligence level as a human, or if they were on the scale of orcs. Kithel chose to keep this to himself. If he had learned one thing through his travels, it was safer to keep stereostypes to oneself.

The high elf saw a human approaching another elf. 'Well,' he thought, 'this is as good a time as any to proceed with my mission. The king didn't give me this assignment to see it fail. The other elf may be better aquainted with humans than I am, even if she is only a wood elf.'

When Kithel walked over to the wood elf and the human, he realized that he himself did not look so different than the wood elf. His camoflaged clothes, bow, and outlandish blade made him look like a rugged wanderer. Which was not so far from the truth.

"Hello to you, fellow elf, and to you as well, human. My name is Kithel."

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#6 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

Lukas looked around uncomfortably. The only things people were identifying eachother with was race, and being of mixed-heritage, he knew he wouldn't be to popular among a few people. For this reason, he supposed, was why he held not contempt for different races. No hateful thoughts crossed his mind when he saw a southerner, in fact it reminded him of a friend of his in Illikon Sagi, nor when he saw the pointed ears of the elves, and the only emotion he felt when seeing the centaur was surprise.

He breathed in the cold air, long and deep. He knew not to draw in the air quickly, else it would exhale into a coughing fit. He looked up, eyes to the sky, and saw that, although sunny, the sky remained bleak, but at the same time contradicting itself by being a beautiful white-blue. The sun itself provided a bit of warmth to Lukas, though he had grown slightly accustomed to the cold. He shivered at a small breeze that swept his hair, which proved he wasn't immune to the cold. He drew his cloak around him; its soft inside brought a bit of warmth and comfort to his skin. He breathed deeply again, perhaps a little to fast, he thought, as he coughed a bit.

He looked to his side, almost expecting to see Eclipse standing loyally beside him, but she was back hundreds of miles away. He had regretted not bringing one of his only friends with him, but she needed a rest. He knew that being a beast of burden for him in his travels she would tire. He looked around. Two males, one man and one Elf, were approaching a female wood Elf. He chuckled on the inside. He knew it wouldn't be long for someone to talk to the woman; he noted she was very beautiful and looked at her for a second with interest. He noticed an owl that was clasped onto her hand, and wondered to himself how she would get it to be her companion in the first place. He shrugged; he enjoyed not knowing the mysteries of the Elves, and he knew he would never understand them.

Lucas saw a young girl in the group. She looked a bit shy and insecure. He approached her and said in a friendly tone, "Hello; my name is Lukas Elir. I couldn't help but wonder why someone so young would join a journey like this. What's your name?"

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#7 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

Alys shivered as she walked, not really paying attention to who the other group members were. Alys had learned that it was unwise to forge attachments with others. Whatever friendships she built would be ruined by the end of the month...

Alys shivered and rubbed her bare arms. She wished she had a cloak. Northrim was colder that she had expected. Hopefully Warm Woods would live up to it's name.

Suddenly a slightly older Imperial man walked up to Alys. He seemed like a cheery fellow, but it didn't matter. He'd hate her eventually, when the full moon rose...

"Hello; my name is Lukas Elir. I couldn't help but wonder why someone so young would join a journey like this. What's your name?"

Alys nodded to acknowledge the man. "I- It's Alys," She muttered. "I- I j-just wandered here."

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#8 Shawn Goldenhair

Shawn Goldenhair

Male officers dawdle on details, Females get to the point.

• 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

Elliassa breathed in the fresh air calmly. She was looking for some more excitement after leaving the military. She decided to look around at all of her companions. They seemed to range in race, from imperials to elves to... a centaur? What an odd creature to see, she decided. Elliassa eventually decided that traveling would be much more pleasant if she got aquainted with some people. She looked around for the best person to talk to. Eventually she saw a southerner man ((Lord Boar's character)), who looked to be in his mid twenties. She decided to start with him.

Elliassa walked over to the man and stood next to him. "Sort of odd being here in Northrim, never thought I would wind up here, though you don't look like someone who would come here often either. So, might I know your name?"
"That is a secret!"

#9 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

Lukas smiled kindly to the girl.

"I- It's Alys," She muttered. "I- I j-just wandered here."

"Alys is a beautiful name," he said; for some reason, he felt like she needed someone to count on, a friend. He noted her shivering and slid his cloak off, "Here, you must be freezing half to death right now in that garb. Don't worry about me, I'm a bit attuned to the cold." He held the cloak out to her.

Posted Image

#10 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

"Sort of odd being here in Northrim, never thought I would wind up here, though you don't look like someone who would come here often either. So, might I know your name?"

"Not if I could help it." Amman replied bitterly about being in Northrim. "I am Amman. You would be?" The Southerner replied to the woman. he hated the Northrim. but what was his other choice? death. Not much of a choice, now was it? Still, this trip could finally pay off. He'd stop having to work. He could grow old in the Coastal region of the Empire, gracefully, reminiscing to anyone who would listen about the glory days.

#11 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

"Alys is a beautiful name," Lukas said. He noted her shivering and slid his cloak off, "Here, you must be freezing half to death right now in that garb. Don't worry about me, I'm a bit attuned to the cold." He held the cloak out to her.

Alys stared blankly at the man for a second, her sad eyes scanning him. Was he actually being... nice to her? And was that a compliment before? Alys was so unaccustomed to that behavior directed towards her, she wasn't even sure she knew the definition of the word "compliment."

"Uh... uh, n-no thanks," Alys returned her gaze to the ground, "I'll j-just ruin your c-cloak."

#12 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

"Uh... uh, n-no thanks," Alys returned her gaze to the ground, "I'll j-just ruin your c-cloak."

Lukas said in a soft tone, "I don't see how you'd ruin it. Really, I only want to help. Tell you what, keep the cloak so if you ruin it, you'll have nothing to be sorry about, seeing as it would be yours."

He smiled reassuringly at her, still holding out the cloak.

Posted Image

#13 Shawn Goldenhair

Shawn Goldenhair

Male officers dawdle on details, Females get to the point.

• 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

"Not if I could help it." the man said. "I am Amman. You would be?"

Elliassa raised an eyebrow at the response. She shrugged and said, "My name is Elliassa, Elliassa Vendena, a pleasure. Don't worry, I'm not planning on asking about your past, I'm not the type. Being a soldier has taught me not to pry." Elliassa responded with a smile.
"That is a secret!"

#14 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

Lukas said in a soft tone, "I don't see how you'd ruin it. Really, I only want to help. Tell you what, keep the cloak so if you ruin it, you'll have nothing to be sorry about, seeing as it would be yours." He smiled reassuringly at her, still holding out the cloak.

Alys was surprised by the man's persistence to help her. She muttered a 'thank you' and awkwardly accepted the cloak, not making eye contact with Lukas. Alys wrapped herself with the cloak, feeling grateful for it's warmth.

"W-why are you d-doing this?" She asked, still confused by Lukas' generous behavior.

#15 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

((Lol, everyone is like "WTF CENTUAR !1eleveone1. By the way, Yahoo is viewing this topic, just thought you guys should know :P ))

Vicente trotted among the group, or above them, rather. Most of the humans approached the area of his ribs, while the taller ones stood mor to his shoulder, some of the group, namely the little folk, barely stood taller than his hips.

He trotted along the path, heavy weapons thuding aginst his hips and back as he clicked his tongue. Everyone seemed to be eying him with mixed curiosity and bewilderment.

This is isn't awkward at all... He thought to himself sarcastically. They'll warm up to me, we'll get along eventually.

He continued trot alongside the group. Usually things didn't go to well when a Centuar like himself made the first introductions, as people thought that he was there to rob them, so he continued to trot lesiurely, wating for someone to approach him they wished.

((Playing a Centuar is fun. Especially useing vocabulary that pertains to a horse in context with a human-ish person.))

#16 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:59 AM

"W-why are you d-doing this?" She asked, still confused by Lukas' generous behavior.

Lukas smiled, but he felt pity for the girl. He would have looked into her eyes, though she had her face towards the ground. It seemed that she had either been branded an outcast, or had never known anything close to kindness. He said, still smiling reassuringly, "Just lending a helping hand to someone who needs it; I only wish I had more to offer."

Posted Image

#17 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Felagir set off near the rear of the group, but as time passed he found himself moving toward the front, despite his relatively short legs. He also found himself intrigued by the curious host of adventurers around him. There were Elves, Humans, Half-men and Werebeings around them, although he could only sense the latter and he could not tell the Humans from their Wolfen kin.

Vologrith saw the sea dwarf and approached him. "Hail, friend!" he said as cheerily as he could. Unfortunately, after the revelation of being surrounded by elves and a centaur, that wasn't all that cheery. "Might I be knowin' ye name?"

"Ah! Some of common kin among this rabble of a party!" Felagir said warmly. It was not often he had a chance to speak to another Dwarf this far from home. "My name is Felagir, Sea Dwarf! You are Vologrith I know, but are you from mountain, hill or stormy sea?"

~ Golden-Star

#18 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

Lukas said, still smiling reassuringly, "Just lending a helping hand to someone who needs it; I only wish I had more to offer."

Alys almost laughed, but it came out more like a garbled, faint cough. Alys didn't even think she'd ever laughed before. She needed practice.

"I-It's m-more t-than I-I've ever r-received." she said, the most minuscule hint of a half-smile tugging the side of her lip. It looked more like a twitch if someone noticed it. She didn't think she'd ever smiled before, either.

#19 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:28 AM

"Ah! Some of common kin among this rabble of a party! My name is Felagir, Sea Dwarf! You are Vologrith I know, but are you from mountain, hill or stormy sea?"

"I'm a Deep Dwarf, although I haven't seen me home in many years," he replied. "Left it with me father to go tradin', and I ne'er went back. So, what brings a Sea Dwarf into Northrim?" Vologrith wondered how Felagir knew his name; he did not remember giving it. He shrugged off the thoughts, happy that he's finally met another of his people here.

Posted Image

#20 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

"I-It's m-more t-than I-I've ever r-received." she said, the most minuscule hint of a half-smile tugging the side of her lip. It looked more like a twitch if someone noticed it.

Lukas was glad she was warming up a bit, figuratively and literally. "You must not have been around many decent folk then." He then said, "So, are you from the Empire?"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users