NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wulfgard the WEBCOMIC!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#301 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

I can't WAIT for the Assassin's part. But all this barbarian stuff has me confused...why didn't he kill her? STUPIP MAN BEING ENTHRALLED BY SEDUCTIVE SHE-BEASTS.

It's called Chivalry.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#302 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

It's called Chivalry.

That's knights in shining armor showing their love for a helpless maiden. This is a destructive she-werewolf who killed the two men who saved his own life.

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#303 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

That's knights in shining armor showing their love for a helpless maiden. This is a destructive she-werewolf who killed the two men who saved his own life.

Chivalry.

He will not harm a defenseless woman, and also she had no control over her actions as a werewolf. It's not her fault.

#304 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

Aah right...forgot that they dun have control. If they did it would be another thing, wouldn't it?

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#305 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

I'm curious to why Randulf had his eyes closed when carrying the girl. I mean, what if he stumbled on a root and fell into the river along with his unconcious burden?

#306 Will Falamee

Will Falamee

Did I forget to mention that, or would I rather not remember it?

• 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

that would've been funny...... but over all the newest edition kinda makes it seem like he's just about ready to wrap it up
"To hunt the beast, you must think like it, though such a process can distroy the mind of a weeker man."

#307 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

that would've been funny...... but over all the newest edition kinda makes it seem like he's just about ready to wrap it up

He is; at least, for this chapter about The Wanderer. ;) He'll come back later, obviously.

But soon, the chapter about The Assassins will begin.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#308 Will Falamee

Will Falamee

• 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

sweet...... i'm half betting this will take place in the southern regions due to some speculation........ but i'm also putting my money down that this will take place in the east

just as a thought though
"To hunt the beast, you must think like it, though such a process can distroy the mind of a weeker man."

#309 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

I'm curious to why Randulf had his eyes closed when carrying the girl. I mean, what if he stumbled on a root and fell into the river along with his unconcious burden?

I think he closed his eyes when he stopped walking, like, to honor her death. Take it in.

giphy.gif

#310 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

I think he's just looking down at her.

sweet...... i'm half betting this will take place in the southern regions due to some speculation........ but i'm also putting my money down that this will take place in the east

just as a thought though

I say Empire.

I think he closed his eyes when he stopped walking, like, to honor her death. Take it in.

She's not dead.

#311 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

Yeah, I don't think she's dead. He said he couldn't avenge the deaths of the two men, so that leads me to believe that she isn't dead...

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#312 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

But soon, the chapter about The Assassins will begin.

Will the assassin entries make it in, or only the winning one?

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#313 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

Thought I'd jump in here and put to rest at least a little bit of the speculation on "Enter the Wanderer," since it might be a while since we return to him... I might be cryptic though, I warn you:

- The tags do indeed indicate the names of characters featured in that particular comic.
- No, the werewolf girl is not dead yet. The Wanderer's final monologue is him praying that he has failed to avenge the barbarians by killing the girl. She might still die, but he hopes not.
- The Wanderer is not the same character as Saber-Scorpion, but there are similarities as well as differences, obviously. I do have different personalities in my head for them though.
- He didn't kill the werewolf girl because he never imagined the beast would turn out to be a young girl, and he realized that she might be completely innocent of the actions of her werewolf side, so he tried to help her. It's what he does. :P

Chivalry. He will not harm a defenseless woman, and also she had no control over her actions as a werewolf. It's not her fault.

Yeah, that. ;)

Um... I don't know. I guess I just thought it looked more dramtic that way. :unsure:

Will the assassin entries make it in, or only the winning one?

Just the winners I think, but I may very well pick more than one winner in that category. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#314 Will Falamee

Will Falamee

• 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

if the wanderer isn't scorp....... then i'll be damned i always thought he was

#315 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

if the wanderer isn't scorp....... then i'll be damned i always thought he was

He is meant to represent Justin Randolph Stebbins (Yes I said his whole name). Randulf isn't exactly Saber Scorpion from Nova Refuge but they are similar in some ways like basic apearance. Drake (my character used to represent me) is cocky and overconfedent, and loves to talk in Wulfgard. For Dark edge he is more silent and taller. Hope that helps...
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#316 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Argh, that's exactly why I am reluctant to actually use the name "Randulf." It makes him seem even more like a shameless self-insert than he already does. I'm trying to avoid that. :D

But yes, the Wanderer is not named Saber-Scorpion and no one would call him "Scorp." He and his Nova Refuge counterpart grew up in wildly different situations, and thus have turned into somewhat different people. For example...

The Wanderer grew up knowing his family his whole life, stayed close to home and felt a loyalty to his people, fighting the Imperials as a bandit and outlaw. Saber-Scorpion never knew his family at all, and feels only the loyalty to his country that was instilled into him by his training.

The Wanderer has traveled over the whole world and knows the ins and outs of many different levels of human life in many different cultures, while Scorp has hardly left the bases in which he was trained and has never experienced any kind of civilian life.

Scorp was given the best education available, with all of the accumulated knowledge of Human kind easily accessible. The Wanderer had to teach himself how to read, and even then barely had access to any books at all. Everything he knows was learned from experience, even his fighting skills (he was never trained to be a living weapon, like Scorp).

The Wanderer has been surrounded by close friends for most of his life, and he knows how to relax and joke, smile and laugh and cry. Scorp has had few close friends that he was not later separated from, and has been trained to conceal his emotions at all times (although he's still considered too emotional for an Enomeg Solder by many).

I try to keep all of this and more in mind when writing the characters. It doesn't always show, perhaps, but I try to make sure they're not completely interchangeable.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#317 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,213 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

*stumbles into conversation*

For the record, and not trying to be insulting, but I've always hated how you guys use your own names/images for main characters. Sure, I had a character of mine named Chris at one time, but that's changed. Dunno, it just feels like you guys are trying to put yourselves into the world, which detracts from the story at times... *shrug*

Also: As much as I like the Wulfgard comics, I have to say they're somewhat hard to follow - especially the action. It can be... disorienting at times.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users