NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wulfgard the WEBCOMIC!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

Since I have decided not to allow comments on all new comic posts at comics.saber-scorpion.com, discussion will take place here instead.
Just to be clear, this topic is about the Wulfgard Webcomic at the Saber-Scorpion's Webcomics page.

You may also feel free to post new topics related to specific aspects of the comics here in the Wulfgard board if you like. This is just for a general line of discussion.

I realize there's not much to talk about yet, but hopefully that will be changing soon. Enjoy!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 Osolis Mantis

Osolis Mantis

One day we'll be nostalgic for disaster

• Nova Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Oh man, I am so excited. I love fantasy stuff, and to see a fantasy story involving your characters is awesome for me, because, when you first posted the art, I looked at the situations and everything, and I wondered what was happening with them and what they were like and all that.

Also, you’ve just inspired me to get back to work on The Legend of the Five: Rise of the Small. It’s been too long.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-<({[RAGE.wit]})>-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~<({[If there's one thing I know in this world, it's that we are Beggars all]})>~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
{Zapman: Transferred - UNDER REVISION}-~-~-~-~{Gavin Nequam and the Hall of Prophecy - UNDER REVISION}
{Vagabond - IN PROGRESS}-~-~-~-~{Kingdom Hearts: In The Dark - ON INDEFINATE HIATUS}
{12-8-2007 - COMPLETE}-~-~-~-~-{Legend of the Five: Rise of the Small - IN PROGRESS}

#3 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

My opinions are the same as Oso's. I'm sure this is going to be one of my favorite webcomics that I consistantly read. Heck, it already is. :P

EDIT: And your character intros are awesome.

#4 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

I'm liking this. But I have to say, honestly, it's a little disappointing to get five seconds worth of reading after a week of waiting.

Still though, awesome comic.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

I'm liking this. But I have to say, honestly, it's a little disappointing to get five seconds worth of reading after a week of waiting.

Yeah, I know. I hope to be able to pick up the pace over the summer.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#6 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

Still though, awesome comic.

I agree...
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#7 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

New page! http://comics.saber-...pion.com/?p=116

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#8 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I'm impressed by the drawings. And i love the Medieval fantasy setting that is Ulvgardr Wulfgard.

...But which of them is Jørgen?

#9 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

I'm impressed by the drawings. And i love the Medieval fantasy setting that is Ulvgardr Wulfgard.

I assume the one in yellow with the axe is Jørgen, and that the Lone Wanderer is Justyn the Sabre-Scorpion.
That is an assumption, mind, but Justyn's speech was directed at the Dwarf in yellow, and Scorp himself had a sword with a hilt shaped like a scorpion, much like in that drawing.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

I assume the one in yellow with the axe is Jørgen, and that the Lone Wanderer is Justyn the Sabre-Scorpion.

If any of the Northerners present were Joergen, don't you think they would've responded more directly when addressed by name? :P

That is an assumption, mind, but Justyn's speech was directed at the Dwarf in yellow

Dwarf? These guys are Northerners. Don't they look very large and human-like to be dwarves to you? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Thanks!

And no, none of these in particular are Jørgen. He comes along later.

Oh and there's a reason I spell it out like Joergen and it involves the Imperials mispronouncing his name. :D

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#12 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Ok, so he was just babbling then?

...Yeah, it would be natural for you to spell it Joergen, since you don't have our alphabet. But i'm gonna spell it with an "ø".

And i take it this is the same Jørgen we've met in "Over the seas"?

#13 Freedom

Freedom

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

I guess so.

As I said, is it a sign of weakness. You could of had him put his arms around their shoulders. Him falling over is something more my character's speed, mostly cause I like to keep my charcters modest. Maybe you do to, I don't know. Though expected more from a half barbarian, that's something a wimpy Imperial would do. Except Aries, my character from Over the Sea. He would just keep walking even if he had an arrow stuck to his ankle(In which case old Achilles would die), I based his character a lot on Leonidas from 300. (And of course I'm just exagerating about the arrow part.)

I also can't wait for the next comic. I hope there's some cool Elf I could use for my avatar. :P
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

As I said, is it a sign of weakness. You could of had him put his arms around their shoulders. Him falling over is something more my character's speed, mostly cause I like to keep my charcters modest. Maybe you do to, I don't know. Though expected more from a half barbarian, that's something a wimpy Imperial would do. Except Aries, my character from Over the Sea. He would just keep walking even if he had an arrow stuck to his ankle(In which case old Achilles would die), I based his character a lot on Leonidas from 300. (And of course I'm just exagerating about the arrow part.)

:blink:

"Wimpy" Imperial? All Imperials are wimpy now? A totally exhausted guy can't just fall down? Gosh, what is all this, man? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Freedom

Freedom

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

:blink:

"Wimpy" Imperial? All Imperials are wimpy now? A totally exhausted guy can't just fall down? Gosh, what is all this, man? :P

Sorry not what I meant. I meant like those stuck up noble men in their courts and stuff in the Imperial City. :D
I just thought that barbarians were tougher. *shrug*

#16 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

Ok, so he was just babbling then?

...Yeah, it would be natural for you to spell it Joergen, since you don't have our alphabet. But i'm gonna spell it with an "ø".

Yeah, he's kind of delirious at this point.

And yes, it is indeed the guy in Over the Seas.
Sorry about him disappearing from the roleplay, by the way - I had to drop out because of final exams and I still haven't caught back up.

I also can't wait for the next comic. I hope there's some cool Elf I could use for my avatar.

Wait, so you're serious about the sign of weakness thing? I thought you were just teasing me. :unsure:

I try to keep Wulfgard as down-to-earth and 'real' as possible for a fantasy setting. Imperials, Northerners, Easterners, Southerners, half-Orcs, half-Elves, half-Demons... they're all basically human.
To paraphrase a better writer: "Is not a Northerner fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as an Imperial is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us... shall we not revenge?"

The character (whose name I won't yet reveal, but let's just call him the Wanderer) just crossed over the Jagged Edge, a feat most men consider impossible, facing who knows what on his journey. He's probably injured, and he just walked out of a blizzard wearing only what you see him wearing. He's lost, delirious, starving, and frozen stiff. When he sees he is near the end of his journey, he finally succumbs to unconsciousness. Most men would not even have made it that far.

So basically what I'm saying is, the Wanderer is tough, but no one is invincible.

Oh, and yes, there will be some awesome stuff in the next few comics - just wait and see.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#17 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Will "The Wanderer" *cough scorp cough* tell what the heck happened to him while he was traversing the peaks? And why? Also, did Mr. Wanderer get robbed along the way or his gear eaten by a giant or monster or something because he would have to be an idiot to go across the slopes in a sleeveless tunic thingy. Or did he have to leave from wherever he was in a hurry or was chased out? :blink: I don't want spoilers, but I hope all of this is revealed during the comic or I will be cranky. >:( lol.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#18 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

Will "The Wanderer" *cough scorp cough* tell what the heck happened to him while he was traversing the peaks? And why? Also, did Mr. Wanderer get robbed along the way or his gear eaten by a giant or monster or something because he would have to be an idiot to go across the slopes in a sleeveless tunic thingy. Or did he have to leave from wherever he was in a hurry or was chased out? :blink: I don't want spoilers, but I hope all of this is revealed during the comic or I will be cranky. >:( lol.

Whoa, whoa, chill dude! ^_^ I'm sure this stuff will be explained, just hold your horse buddy. We've barely gotten three pages into the Wylfgard comic. Give it little time to play out. ;)

#19 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

Whoa, whoa, chill dude! ^_^ I'm sure this stuff will be explained, just hold your horse buddy. We've barely gotten three pages into the Wylfgard comic. Give it little time to play out. ;)

AH! AH! Help! The horse is rabid! WAH! :P I know it will all be revealed in due time, BUT THE WAIT IS EXCRUCIATING!

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#20 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

I don't know what his real name will end up being at this point, but you can rest assured no one is going to call him Scorp. The scorpion on his sword is a nod to Saber-Scorpion (although there's a story behind the sword too), but Scorp is the Nova Refuge character. This guy is the Wanderer. If you want to use a more namey-name, the barbarians call him 'Stigandr.'

Which, as I have been led to believe, means Wanderer. :P

And certainly his past and the events leading up to his arrival will be revealed over the course of the comic... but not all at once. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users