NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wylfgard Name Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is better? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

I've never really thought of pronouncing it "Wilfgard". It comes natural to me to say "Wylfgard". Score one to norwegian grammar!! ;)

But seriously, why change it? Wylfgard sounds much more mysterious and whatnot. So what if someone fails at the pronounciation, big deal. Just smack 'em in the head and spell it for them. You say tomato, i say tamato...

Edited by Fenris, 17 March 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#62 jamesblaze21

jamesblaze21

Hammertime!

• 74 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

I've never really thought of pronouncing it "Wilfgard". It comes natural to me to say "Wylfgard". Score one to norwegian grammar!! ;)

But seriously, why change it? Wylfgard sounds much more mysterious and whatnot. So what if someone fails at the pronounciation, big deal. Just smack 'em in the head and spell it for them. You say tomato, i say tamato...

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

Cognito ergo sum: I think, therefore I can add up

btw, visit my site: Mesjax Productions

#63 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

It may be "mysterious and whatnot" but it's not man enough for a Dwarf to say it, heh.
Hey Wolfy(I,m gonna risk become being more hated and get a -35 or somethig) but wouldn't the soldier on horse back(Tom) be saying "FOR THE EMPIRE" and not"FOR W*LFGARD".

Edited by Star Wolf, 18 March 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#64 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for your input, everyone. Rest assured your opinions were not ignored (after all, you helped us totally eliminate the Wolfgard option). Maegan and I have debated the two names endlessly, but finally after much hand-wringing, we have decided to go with Wulfgard. I'm sorry if this was not your favorite, but I'm sure you'll get used to it as we actually start releasing some real content on the website.

Thanks again, and see you in Wulfgard!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#65 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

Real quick:

Bug found. On the "South" Locations and Lore page, it's still registered as "Wolfgard" on the... broswer bar-thing? I've got no clue what it's called...

And on the homepage, it's still got the link saying "What is Wylfgard."

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users