Photo

Star Wars Movies and Positivity Thread

• Please log in to reply
2159 replies to this topic

Poll: Star Wars

What's a cool spaceship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,113 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Well depending on where the Fate of the Jedi books end up, there could be as much as 120 years of unexplored territory between them and the Legacy comics. And going BBY there's even more blank space. So there are opportunities for any new films to not destroy what's been established.

120? You count it from Ep6, right?

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#62 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

POPULAR

I have no clue why people are so overcome by the fact that Disney is doing it, like what's wrong with Disney? I can't fathom why people are so concerned these movies will be bad because Disney is doing it. Really, there are so many reasons to assume an Episode VII might go wrong that declaring that Disney is the thing to fear just seems silly.

Because unlike with other movie production companies like Paramount or 20th Century Fox, a lot of people just can't disassociate the name "Disney" from its previous works, namely animated films. They seem to think Disney will turn Star Wars into a childrens' cartoon. Which is ironic, since that's exactly what the last Star Wars film released in theaters was (The Clone Wars).

When folks hear "Disney bought Star Wars," most of them think:

Posted ImagePosted Image

:P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#63 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

POPULAR

Disney is trolling everybody so hard right now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#64 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

I must admit it made me laugh ...

#65 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

POPULAR

We can probably expect a Star Wars ride at Disneyland

You mean you haven't heard about Star Tours yet?
Old timer

#66 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

Isn't that were they hand out star maps and show you where celebrities live?

#67 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Um, no. Nowhere close.

It's a ride with 3D glasses and a moving space pod. I don't know how to describe it, but I've been on it.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#68 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

It's a ride that has C3PO and R2D2 as the hosts and it basically takes on a random trip to three random locations. It's kind of cheesy, look it up on YouTube.
Old timer

#69 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Oh my.. I've been on that, but I completely forgot about it. How'd they swing that one before?

I'm actually pretty psyched at the thought of seeing Vader walking around Disney...

#70 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

It's a ride that has C3PO and R2D2 as the hosts and it basically takes on a random trip to three random locations. It's kind of cheesy, look it up on YouTube.

I haven't been on the new one yet, but I was obsessed with the ride back in the '90s. That ride was one of the highlights of my childhood. I forced my family to go on that ride every single visit to Disneyland. Hee hee. Ah, children do not know the power they hold in their hands.

Ahem, anywho, back on subject.

My thoughts on Star Wars "merging" into Disney would be brighter than dim -- slightly. John Carter and Tron and others have turned out brilliantly when it comes to the plot and CGI and actors. They mix well. Lucas takes CGI to the max and abuses it or rather, takes the focus away from the plot to do some "extra" stuff with CGI.

I see Star Wars as a toy that is well-worn and overly used in the hands of Lucas. But now under a new ower (think of it as the Toys in Toy Story going to their new owner) to be used with new ideas and bring it back to the splendor it had been in the 80s -- 80s was it? Man, this is a really old idea that has grown and expanded so much.

So anywho, I see a lot of pros and cons, and I cannot say more due to it being so late. We'll just have to wait and see what Disney has in mind to put the spark back into Star Wars. Although, I do wish that they were doing something entirely different than follow the lines of Han and Leia and Luke. Maybe a little bit about them in the beginning and then moving the focus to this kids or a new friend or something. Oh well, those, again, are my thoughts on that.

Edited by Burngirl, 31 October 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#71 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Is that the smell of hypocrisy wafting from the Star Wars fanboy crowd? First they all complain that Lucas is destroying Star Wars and that he should give it over to someone else, but then when he does it's the end of times?

I honestly think this is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the EU started. When George made the original trilogy, he was relatively new and unkown, and there were people there to question him every step of the way. People who stood up to him and prevented him from ruining those movies with all the things he wanted to do in them. When he went to make the prequels, there was too much faith placed in him to do things right. People didn't question his decisions, didn't challenge his ideas; people would not tell him "no".

Now that Disney has it, and Lucas won't be much more than a creative consultant, I have much more faith that anything Star Wars that comes forth will be tolerable, or possibly even good. Disney has had a good, long relationship with Lucasfilm. Disneyland and Disney World both have Star Wars and Indiana Jones rides and exhibits that are very well done. They know the franchise well enough not to do anything completely stupid. They're already being proactive, making sure they don't let the franchise gather dust, announcing a sequel to the original trilogy.

And now maybe we can get the original releases of the OT in HD on Bluray, without all the new crap added.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#72 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

POPULAR

Move over Valve, we've got the new King of Trolls.

I dunno about you guys, but any company that has Darth Vader stroll around Disneyland has my support.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#73 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Wolfy already posted that further up the page.

Just sayin'.

#74 General 62

General 62

Private First Class

• 127 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

My idea, not that anyone'll listen to it: Make it like Godfather Part II: shows the Star Wars universe post-ROTJ with occasional flashbacks to KOTOR or something.
"War has changed" - MGS4
"War never changes" - Fo3
"...Or does it?" Duty Calls.

#75 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

I still can't get over the fact the Leia is now technically a Disney Princess.

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#76 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

The article in the paper this morning mentioned that Lucas already the plot thoroughly thought out before Disney bought them. Seems like a plus to me.

#77 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Koenig, in my eyes Leia fit into the Disney princesses like the bada$$ Mulan. Just sayin'.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#78 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Koenig, in my eyes Leia fit into the Disney princesses like the bada$$ Mulan. Just sayin'.

Maybe she fit's it, but it just doesn't sound quite right. :P

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#79 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#80 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

POPULAR

You people take Star Wars so seriously.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users