• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Since Burger Warrior "politely" asked if I could make this topic, so I'm going to do it. :P

Essentially, Fullmetal Alchemist is the story of the Elric Brothers, Edward and Alphonse, who try to bring their dead mother back to life. Unfortunately, the Alchemic ritual they use goes wrong, costing Ed his left leg, and Al his entire body. At the cost of his right arm, Ed was able to bind Al's soul to a suit of armor, and now, they are on a quest to get their bodies back.

So, yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist is Violent Dark Fantasy for smart people (I'm not that smart, but I liked it anyway :P). You should at least watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is the best of the two anime series.

#2 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

I second the notion that everyone should watch some FullMetal Alchemist! My favorite anime series ever. I, uh, may own all the manga too. All 27 volumes of it. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I, uh, may own all the manga too. All 27 volumes of it. 

Really? How much money did it cost to do that? :D

I like the manga a lot, but I haven't read the Briggs storyline yet (I've just seen the anime version for some reason :P). The only thing I wished they did more in both manga and anime, was that President Bradley should have given people more melons. Those Tank Drivers would have been really surprised if he had done that  :lol:.

After reading that seen, my family doesn't call one-man-taking-out-a-tank-by-himself parkour, we call it going all Bradley on it.  :lol: 

#4 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

I can't get over Alphonse's voice in Brotherhood so I'm still only a couple episodes into it. It just doesn't sound right.

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

I can't get over Alphonse's voice in Brotherhood so I'm still only a couple episodes into it. It just doesn't sound right.

Yeah, I thought so too when I first started watching, but I (eventually) got used to it. 

If it bothers you too much, you should just watch the original Fullmetal Alchemist Anime from 2003, its a lot better.

Maybe they used the same voice actor, and he was just going through puberty in the second anime. :D

#6 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

I believe Alphonse voice actor was changed to woman simply because Alphonse voice actor's voice matured by the time FMA: Brotherhood had come around. He was twelve by the time they recorded the first series.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

I believe Alphonse voice actor was changed to woman simply because Alphonse voice actor's voice matured by the time FMA: Brotherhood had come around. He was twelve by the time they recorded the first series.

misc-you-dont-say.png

Like that's something we've never heard of before. Junior Asparagus, Spike, Alphonse... you think they're male but then it turns out that they're voiced by Girls. No offense. :)

I wonder why I no-one has commented on people going all Bradley on Tanks yet. :D

#8 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

No need to get snarky, Dalton.

#9 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, I thought so too when I first started watching, but I (eventually) got used to it. 

If it bothers you too much, you should just watch the original Fullmetal Alchemist Anime from 2003, its a lot better.

Maybe they used the same voice actor, and he was just going through puberty in the second anime. :D

I have. I don't like very much anime and it's one of my favorites.

#10 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Mirage is right, actually. Al's voice actor in the first series was a young boy, and in the second one, he's replaced by a woman. From what little I've seen, I think she does a good job. At least they got most everyone else back. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#11 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

I think a couple voices may have changed, maybe Hoenheim and a couple of background characters, but yeah, mostly the same cast which is awesome.

Mirage is right, actually. Al's voice actor in the first series was a young boy, and in the second one, he's replaced by a woman.

Mhm, they were just BARELY able to get him to do the follow-up movie for the first series because of that, and his voice still cracked a lot in it. They did have a little fun with that in one of the DVD extras though:

Hey Ed.
Hey Al, what happened to your voice?
It's called puberty, Ed. Maybe it'll happen to you one day.
WHAT?!

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#12 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

No need to get snarky, Dalton.

Yeah, you're probably right. :)

BTW, I forgot to mention Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks! I'm so sorry!  :cry:

I think a couple voices may have changed, maybe Hoenheim and a couple of background characters, but yeah, mostly the same cast which is awesome.

Mhm, they were just BARELY able to get him to do the follow-up movie for the first series because of that, and his voice still cracked a lot in it. They did have a little fun with that in one of the DVD extras though:

Yeah, that is pretty awesome. :)

BTW, I just found out that the guy that voices Roy Mustang voices Superman from Lego Batman IIThat's so awesome because we own the game  :soawesome:!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users