• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

Welcome to the Nova Refuge Q&A topic! You may ask any question about NR here, from general questions like "What are you working on right now?" and "Why does this page on the site not load right for me?" all the way to specific lore quesitons such as "What is the class name of a Xarkon star-dreadnaught?" and "How do the Mahlok reproduce?" The answers to those quesitons, by the way, are "Odin Class" and "no one knows." Just follow these rules:

RULES:

1: Before asking anything, look for answers on the website. For example, questions about the Natives may be answered by checking the Natives pages in the Galaxy section.
2: Please do not ask more than six (6) questions at one time. Wait for me to answer those before asking more.
3: Do not ask for really specific numbers. For example, "how many habitable planets are there in Human Space?" If I defined a concrete number for something like that, it would limit expansion later in the series. Exact starfleet sizes and exact populations of planets are also no-no's. These questions are best answered in relative terms. For example, Helexith's fleet is way bigger than any one Human faction's, but two or three of their factions' fleets combined might stand a chance.
4: Please hide all spoilers by blacking-out the text and putting SPOILER warnings at the beginning and end. Try not to spoil any major plot elements of Warrior Born for anyone.

COMMONLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:

coming soon

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

I'm French, so don't dare say bad about us.

• Nova Patron
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

I thought i had posted this question but apparently i didn't well it is(i've read the mahlok native page but who knows):

What were to happen to a Mahlok who fell in a body of water?

here's another not to waste space and don't need exact number but just an assumption but:

Out of 1,000 slashrim how many would make it to the Sovalok stage?

I would ask other questions but i can't think of any.
I'm just bored and interested in these two things the natives are awesome by the way.

You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
You dig.

Posted Image

#3 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,106 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

Ok, here are some old qeustions from me.

1) Have any human faction a aircraft which is bomber or gunship like B-52 Stratofortress or AC-130 Spectre?

2) Have Victory a jet which is a opponent to Xarkon Valkyrie? Something faster and larger then Hussar or Cavalier?

3) Have Victory a vehilce like Humvee?

4) In Victory LEGO section there is writed for Demolishion Expert's weapon "This weapon is something like a flamethrower, but is more powerful and long-range." What it means "like a flamethrower"? Its a flamethrower which can fire on longer distances, kinetic-weapon which burn when is fired or when hit a target start burning?

5) Could you more specify a Bloodhound walker and Bergelmir hover transport like what kind of unit it is (if it is battle, recon or siege walker or heavy, large or small transport)?

6) And Immortals as a "super squad commanders", they act like a Jedi Commanders (Obi-Wan, protect their man with a personal shield or attacking a "flaking enemy" only by own to protect) or as Clone Marshalls (Cody, always stays with their man on battlefield, calls in airstrikes or arty barrage) from Clone Wars?

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#4 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

Well, since this is the new topic and all:

-Scorp, this has been bugging me ever since I finished Warrior Born. I don't want to say anything too spoilerish, but if you were to take a wild guess about how much of each nations' military was present at the climax, how much would it be? I just can't shake the feeling that this is a case of SciFi Writers Have No Sense Of Scale...

-We all know that while Harmony are basically pacifistic (Achmer only fighting when they have to and Sarran simply wanting to coexist peacefully) and that the Sarran hate the Mahlok and Helexith. Would it be safe to assume that given the chance Harmony would help out the Free Slashrim covertly (a-la Cold War; equipment, training, etc.) to hurt Helexith?

-Is Womloch the only native controlled area in all of human space, or are there colonies on other planets further from Terra Nova composed mainly of natives?

-Say Helexith invaded a human planet, what exactly would they do with it and how would they treat the inhabitants?

-About how much time is there between the deployment of new Enomeg phases? As in, how long after Warrior Born would it take for the phase 3 Enomegs to enter service, and the phase 4s after them.

-You mention in Warrior Born that Terra Nova's year is longer than Earth's (there's also the issue you mentioned of higher gravity, but that's not as important at the moment), about how long is a "New Terran" day and year?

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Death)
What were to happen to a Mahlok who fell in a body of water?

Mahlok can swim quite well, though of course their fire powers become mere jets of heat while submurged. They do have to breathe, however, and using their powers underwater only makes them require air all the sooner, so they try to avoid those situations if possible.

QUOTE (Death)
Out of 1,000 slashrim how many would make it to the Sovalok stage?

Hmm... that might require some additional calculation, but I'll go out on a limb and estimate only one or two. A lot of Slashrim are born, after all, and nearly as many die in the early stages. It takes a long time to reach that final one.

QUOTE (Death)
the natives are awesome by the way

Yeah, I've been wanting to do more stories concentrating on the Natives, which is why I set up so many native-related plotlines in the first novel. I love inventing and exploring alien cultures - one of my favorite aspects of sci-fi.

QUOTE (Volen Metallic)
1) Have any human faction a aircraft which is bomber or gunship like B-52 Stratofortress or AC-130 Spectre?

2) Have Victory a jet which is a opponent to Xarkon Valkyrie? Something faster and larger then Hussar or Cavalier?

3) Have Victory a vehilce like Humvee?

4) In Victory LEGO section there is writed for Demolishion Expert's weapon "This weapon is something like a flamethrower, but is more powerful and long-range." What it means "like a flamethrower"? Its a flamethrower which can fire on longer distances, kinetic-weapon which burn when is fired or when hit a target start burning?

5) Could you more specify a Bloodhound walker and Bergelmir hover transport like what kind of unit it is (if it is battle, recon or siege walker or heavy, large or small transport)?

6) And Immortals as a "super squad commanders", they act like a Jedi Commanders (Obi-Wan, protect their man with a personal shield or attacking a "flaking enemy" only by own to protect) or as Clone Marshalls (Cody, always stays with their man on battlefield, calls in airstrikes or arty barrage) from Clone Wars?

1) Yes, the factions have heavy bombers and gunships that concentrate on surface bombardment. The Xarkonian Fafnir Gunship/Transport is one, though it's more of a gunship than a bomber. I've almost finished complete lists of the Xarkonian and Victorian vehicles, which will be on the website next update.

2) Victory has a wide variety of aircraft with different specializations, since aerospace is that faction's particular strong point. The Hussar is a light tactical bomber for hit-and-run operations, and the Cavalier is a medium-size aerospace fighter. Victory's large supremacy fighter is the Paladin, like the ones that attack Xarkon's walker force in the Battle of Shardasha in Warrior Born. Again, they'll all be on the diagrams I'm putting on the site.

3) Yes. It's called the Gladiator.

4) As I said on the last update, I have yet to go over all of the LEGO pages to ensure accuracy of the information there. Some of it was kind of made up randomly, and it needs to be brought up to date with the novel. The weapon in question, however, is a Firestorm cannon, which in NR means it shoots a bolt of plasma containing an incindiery substance that adheres on contact and begins burning away at whatever it hits, even metal. Kind of like napalm.

5) The Bloodhound was a mid-range walker used by Xarkon as a versatile scout/combat walker that could be used for recon as well as hold its own in a support role in a major battle. It was seen as inferior in both respects in the end, and is no longer used by the armed forces officially. The Bergelmir is an armored light transport, filling about the same role as a half-track. It's the smallest of Xarkon's ground transports, which is why it uses hover technology. It also fills the role of an amphibious transport since it can also float on the water.

6) Hm. I'm not well-versed in any SW lore to come about since the release of Episode 2, but I'd say sort of both. In Warrior Born, Ryan often delegates direct command of the troops to subordinates in order to perform a tactical maneuver alone and issue orders to the new team leader from afar. But then, his usual choice for second-in-command is also an Immortal Soldier, namely Amazon, sooo... I guess it depends on the situation, but they can do either one.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#6 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Patron
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

I have a more general question:

Wolfy already told me the ships passing at the top of the New NR banner are Xarkon and Victory ships, respectively (though from the side view the Xarkon one doesn't look anything like a crown, was that purposeful?), but what about the rest of capital ships. So far, as of not having yet read Warrior Born, all I've seen is the fighter carrier from Warbringer. My question is this: Are you going to do work on the appearance of the Capital Ships themselves?

#7 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (so it's just Loki now?)
-Scorp, this has been bugging me ever since I finished Warrior Born. I don't want to say anything too spoilerish, but if you were to take a wild guess about how much of each nations' military was present at the climax, how much would it be? I just can't shake the feeling that this is a case of SciFi Writers Have No Sense Of Scale...

-We all know that while Harmony are basically pacifistic (Achmer only fighting when they have to and Sarran simply wanting to coexist peacefully) and that the Sarran hate the Mahlok and Helexith. Would it be safe to assume that given the chance Harmony would help out the Free Slashrim covertly (a-la Cold War; equipment, training, etc.) to hurt Helexith?

-Is Womloch the only native controlled area in all of human space, or are there colonies on other planets further from Terra Nova composed mainly of natives?

-Say Helexith invaded a human planet, what exactly would they do with it and how would they treat the inhabitants?

-About how much time is there between the deployment of new Enomeg phases? As in, how long after Warrior Born would it take for the phase 3 Enomegs to enter service, and the phase 4s after them.

-You mention in Warrior Born that Terra Nova's year is longer than Earth's (there's also the issue you mentioned of higher gravity, but that's not as important at the moment), about how long is a "New Terran" day and year?

1- Uhh... the climax? I assume you mean the Battle of Shardasha? Not much. Xarkon had a decent size force of ground vehicles and just one squad of walkers at the battle proper, and the Victorians had a non-specific number of fighters alongside a similarly non-specific number of Yavakarese fighters. A small skirmish compared to the battles that will come now that the war has started.

2- You're touching on something that I plan to be a major storyline element in later novels. smile.gif So you'll see what happens later. But yes, it's safe to say that Harmony may be covertly aiding the various rebel tribes just to ensure they keep Helexith occupied and in check.

3- There are a few small, primarily Native colonies still left in Human space from Helxith and Harmony's colonization efforts, but most are now considered under the "protection" and law of a major Human faction, so that Humanity can keep an eye on them. None of the colonies are officially connected to Helexith or Harmony in any way.

4- They would bring the entire planet under their heel, destroying anyone that even thought about protesting their new rule, and basically enslave the population. It wouldn't be any fun for the Humans, that's for sure. biggrin.gif

5- Bah, I thought I had that on the timeline on the website, but it's not there. I may have it on on my secret one, which I don't have with me right now. tongue.gif But if I remember right, I think I had one phase planned for each year. As in, the Phase Three Enomegs were all born the following year after the Phase 2 guys, and they will come into service the next year as well (probably in 334).

6- Having TN be larger than Earth was somthing I just had in there from the very beginning... as in, I've always said it was bigger ever since I was first coming up with the basic story of planet "Neoterra" as a kid. As such, I haven't really sat down and thought about the implications of this as much as I probably should have. I did pack a lot into the single night during which the Battle of Shardasha takes place, however, with the happy thought that it was safe to do so since my nights were generically longer. If you could help me work out some day/year lengths you think would be good, I'd welcome some input on the subject.

QUOTE (Blade-Angel)
Wolfy already told me the ships passing at the top of the New NR banner are Xarkon and Victory ships, respectively (though from the side view the Xarkon one doesn't look anything like a crown, was that purposeful?), but what about the rest of capital ships. So far, as of not having yet read Warrior Born, all I've seen is the fighter carrier from Warbringer. My question is this: Are you going to do work on the appearance of the Capital Ships themselves?

I'm working on these big diagrams to get up on the site showing the approximate overhead and side views of the different classes of starships for each nation. The ones passing over the banner are two of these, and yes, the Crown design on the Xarkon ship is vague at best. It's not always crystal clear, in order to give the ships variety. BTW, there isn't much about capital ships in Warrior Born since it's only about the very beginning of the war and the battles haven't gotten to that scale yet. There will be more of that as the war escalates in later novels.

-Scorp

#8 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Jun 27 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1- Uhh... the climax? I assume you mean the Battle of Shardasha? Not much. Xarkon had a decent size force of ground vehicles and just one squad of walkers at the battle proper, and the Victorians had a non-specific number of fighters alongside a similarly non-specific number of Yavakarese fighters. A small skirmish compared to the battles that will come now that the war has started.

Good, okay, just had to make sure that's what it was considered. Given the exceedingly high amount of epic per capita I was worried it might be considered larger.

4- They would bring the entire planet under their heel, destroying anyone that even thought about protesting their new rule, and basically enslave the population. It wouldn't be any fun for the Humans, that's for sure. biggrin.gif

Great, one less plot-hole I need to worry about.

5- Bah, I thought I had that on the timeline on the website, but it's not there. I may have it on on my secret one, which I don't have with me right now. tongue.gif But if I remember right, I think I had one phase planned for each year. As in, the Phase Three Enomegs were all born the following year after the Phase 2 guys, and they will come into service the next year as well (probably in 334).

Oh. That's a lot faster than I'd thought. Cool, my idea for the ultimate contradiction will work so long as the next fourteen phases are on track.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#9 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

Overall, how many Immortals were there? I only know of Orion, Amazon, Odysseus and Xerxes. Do you have a specific amount? Because I was going to write a fan-fic, and I'm wondering if it'd be alright if I created another (former) Immortal (trainee)?

#10 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,106 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion)
1) Yes, the factions have heavy bombers and gunships that concentrate on surface bombardment. The Xarkonian Fafnir Gunship/Transport is one, though it's more of a gunship than a bomber. I've almost finished complete lists of the Xarkonian and Victorian vehicles, which will be on the website next update.
Rly? *rofl* Its a matter of luck!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Tanks for it smile.gif

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion)
2) Victory has a wide variety of aircraft with different specializations, since aerospace is that faction's particular strong point. The Hussar is a light tactical bomber for hit-and-run operations, and the Cavalier is a medium-size aerospace fighter. Victory's large supremacy fighter is the Paladin, like the ones that attack Xarkon's walker force in the Battle of Shardasha in Warrior Born. Again, they'll all be on the diagrams I'm putting on the site.
Well, I dont read a Warrior Born, who know if I will ever read it... so Paladin, you say? Thanks for it smile.gif

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion)
4) As I said on the last update, I have yet to go over all of the LEGO pages to ensure accuracy of the information there. Some of it was kind of made up randomly, and it needs to be brought up to date with the novel. The weapon in question, however, is a Firestorm cannon, which in NR means it shoots a bolt of plasma containing an incindiery substance that adheres on contact and begins burning away at whatever it hits, even metal. Kind of like napalm.
So its simply a anti-armor rifle with "napalm"-bullets? Thats all what I wanted to know. Thanks for it smile.gif

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion)
5) The Bloodhound was a mid-range walker used by Xarkon as a versatile scout/combat walker that could be used for recon as well as hold its own in a support role in a major battle. It was seen as inferior in both respects in the end, and is no longer used by the armed forces officially. The Bergelmir is an armored light transport, filling about the same role as a half-track. It's the smallest of Xarkon's ground transports, which is why it uses hover technology. It also fills the role of an amphibious transport since it can also float on the water.
So Bloodhound is outdated "standart field" walker... and Bergelmir is something like BMP or Bradley... Tanks for it smile.gif

And some new questions and... something.

1) Is teoretically possible that Humans arent the only species which traveled to Nova Refuge? I mean if there could be a small area of space in NR where is located a species, which Humans dont know about it?

2) Could I ask if Victory had a tank which could be classified as "heavy main battle tank"? And if yes, could you name it? It will significally helps me.

3) As you could notice, I greatly thanks for all these informations and my questions are overally about a Vic and Xark military forces, because I had a reason for it. Maybe your sister told you it (but I think she dont know I send her a PM or maybe I rly dont send it biggrin.gif ). I want to ask you for something, but not via this topic, but I dont want stop you from your work, I am sure you had many.

#11 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

• Nova Patron
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

I had written this twice but both times it brought me back to the index and didn't appear ok so here it is sad.gif

A Terra Novian day would last about 28-32 days since Terra Nova is larger than Earth so it takes more time to spin on it's axis.

A Terra Novian Year would last about 400-600 Days since New Sol has a larger mass than Terra Nova but smaller than the sun so Terra Nova doesn't have to spin around as fast around New sol as the Earth had to spin around the Sun.

And here's two questions:

Will there be more natives important or not?

Normally, when the Sun exploded it should have only swallowed the planets up to the Earth, so what happened?

there done.

Finally it finally posted for some reason it wouldn't let post.

Edited by Death, 27 June 2009 - 09:23 PM.

You dig.

Posted Image

#12 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

I understand the Achmer are one of, if not the most advanced technological race in Nova Refuge. Have they ever sold experimental technology to another faction, such as a human nation, simply because they deemed it too dangerous for their own use?

I couldn't help but notice your 'Laconic' Halo armor works a treat for the battle suits Olympians wear. I was wondering if I could use it. Completely unofficial of course...

Despite the Solar System being gone, is there anywhere in the Milky Way used for collecting/mining resources such as Starlight Gas, or is said gas only found in Nova Refuge?
Posted Image

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Loki)
Good, okay, just had to make sure that's what it was considered. Given the exceedingly high amount of epic per capita I was worried it might be considered larger.

It was mainly epic because the beginning of galactic war hinged on that one spot and all those world leaders were there.

QUOTE (Loki)
Oh. That's a lot faster than I'd thought. Cool, my idea for the ultimate contradiction will work so long as the next fourteen phases are on track.

Well, like I said, I may have it wrong. It may have been two or three years. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lightning McCoy)
Overall, how many Immortals were there? I only know of Orion, Amazon, Odysseus and Xerxes. Do you have a specific amount? Because I was going to write a fan-fic, and I'm wondering if it'd be alright if I created another (former) Immortal (trainee)?

Sure, go ahead! I'd like to read it. biggrin.gif I haven't decided exactly how many there were, but certainly no more than there were Enomeg graduates.

QUOTE (Volen Metalic)
Well, I dont read a Warrior Born, who know if I will ever read it... so Paladin, you say? Thanks for it

Well, the reason I keep bringing it up is to encourage you to read it. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Volen Metalic)
So its simply a anti-armor rifle with "napalm"-bullets? Thats all what I wanted to know. Thanks for it

Sort of. More like napalm energy blasts than bullets.

QUOTE (Volen)
So Bloodhound is outdated "standart field" walker... and Bergelmir is something like BMP or Bradley... Tanks for it

No, Bloodhound is slightly smaller than the standard field walker (which is currently the Timber Wolf). It was more of a support walker in large battles, also capable of serving a recon role.

QUOTE (Volen)
1) Is teoretically possible that Humans arent the only species which traveled to Nova Refuge? I mean if there could be a small area of space in NR where is located a species, which Humans dont know about it?

2) Could I ask if Victory had a tank which could be classified as "heavy main battle tank"? And if yes, could you name it? It will significally helps me.

3) As you could notice, I greatly thanks for all these informations and my questions are overally about a Vic and Xark military forces, because I had a reason for it. Maybe your sister told you it (but I think she dont know I send her a PM or maybe I rly dont send it ). I want to ask you for something, but not via this topic, but I dont want stop you from your work, I am sure you had many.

1) Sure, there's always the possibility of an undiscovered species! Who knows... even some of the current main species (Mahlok, Sarran, Achmer, Skrakki, etc.) might not actually be "Native" to this galaxy, and Humans just don't know it yet...

2) I'll have to consult my chart and get back to you on this one. Yes, the Victorians have a Main Battle Tank and a heavier Siege Tank that doubles as mobile artillery, but I don't recall their names right now. I'll color this line so I remember to come back and edit it.

3) A strategy game mod or something, right? Well, you should probably wait for me to post the full chart of units for Xarkon/Victory. They'll be up soon - in fact, I'll go ahead and post them here as soon as they're done. Oh, and feel free to ask any questions. Right now the only thing I'm working on is decal orders.

QUOTE (Death)
Will there be more natives important or not?

Yes, there will be more important Natives in the story. Of course, there were plenty in Warrior Born if you read it... To be exact:
Sarran: Aeriella, Folirayoth, Idelma'ik
Mahlok: Zegaldorph, Zuhaxellod X, Zuithra (yes, all the ones in this book have Z names)
Slashrim: Lashnar, Hurk
These characters just introduce the relationships of the Natives and Humans to be expanded upon in later novels.

QUOTE (Death)
Normally, when the Sun exploded it should have only swallowed the planets up to the Earth, so what happened?

Where did you get your information? Because according to all of my research, any type of supernova would eat up the entire solar system easily.

QUOTE (DOS)
I understand the Achmer are one of, if not the most advanced technological race in Nova Refuge. Have they ever sold experimental technology to another faction, such as a human nation, simply because they deemed it too dangerous for their own use?

I think the conversation on a subject like that would go something like this...
Achmer 1: This experimental technology we have created is too dangerous to ever be used.
Achmer 2: You're right. Let's sell it to the Humans.
Achmer 1: ...
Achmer 2: ...
*Both of the Achmer break out into slight chuckling, since their species has never been known for a propensity for riotous laughter*

Basically the Achmer would see giving experimental technology to the Humans like giving a toddler a plasma pistol to play with. They wouldn't even trust them with one of their starfighters, let alone experimental tech. If any Humans were to aquire previously-unknown Achmer technology, it would have to be through subterfuge (aka stealing it).

QUOTE (DOS)
I couldn't help but notice your 'Laconic' Halo armor works a treat for the battle suits Olympians wear. I was wondering if I could use it. Completely unofficial of course...

Sure thing, I don't mind.

QUOTE (DOS)
Despite the Solar System being gone, is there anywhere in the Milky Way used for collecting/mining resources such as Starlight Gas, or is said gas only found in Nova Refuge?

Well, I kind of wanted the Milky Way to remain isolated for a while. My thinking was that the holes into the Breach that connected the Milky Way with NR were a freak occurrence, and they have probably deteriorated now over the course of the years. By the time Humans thought about actually going back to their home galaxy, the holes were closed and the only way to reach it was a long and perilous journey to open a new tunnel in the Breach (travel between stars is relatively easy now, but between whole galaxies is a big deal). Maybe they're working on that right now.

-Scorp

#14 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

I was hoping you'd mention theft. I don't think a human would make it very well in industrial espionage. A raid on an Achmer convoy sounds a lot more action-packed. happy.gif

Great stuff! My handrawn version was looking a little sloppy. The gun's still an assault rifle, but I can easily work around that. Lots of guns from gaming franchises look like real world weapons. I'm trying to make Epsilon better and better all the time, 'cause I'm aiming to try and get a mention as an "independant nation living on the polar ice cap."

Posted Image

#15 Terran_Union

Terran_Union

Spaghetti Crusader

• 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

From what I notice about Zygbar, they are of the Big4 Nations yet their military forces (judging the decals on your site) seemed to be similar to insurgent group, how do they fight other other 3 nations specially Xarkon being just north of them?

Are human faction only have bipedal (2-legged) walkers or they have at least 4-legged type walkers?

Does the Xarkon has either an Desert Patrol Vehicle or Humvee like vehicle aside from the Jotun?

Although in a form of drawing, ca I make a fan-made tank for the Xarkon based from the design of the Thyrm siege tank, since I have an idea of a tank that has the Crown of Xarkon design when look from above and in betwee the classification of walker and tank

Lastly is it really a standard for Xarkons to have every vehicles to bear the design of their crown (and their emblem)? Addition to this question is that most of the starship here are below 1 kilometer in lenght, are their other starship that reaches at least above 2 kilometers? (like those Pizza slice-shape Imperial starship from Star Wars and Covenant warships from Halo)

Although I'm not sure, but 5.56mm bullets is pretty ineffective by this time, so what is the most common bore diameter of a Blazer rifle?

Edited by Terran_Union, 06 July 2009 - 03:02 PM.

#16 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

• Nova Patron
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Jun 28 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, there will be more important Natives in the story. Of course, there were plenty in Warrior Born if you read it... To be exact:
Sarran: Aeriella, Folirayoth, Idelma'ik
Mahlok: Zegaldorph, Zuhaxellod X, Zuithra (yes, all the ones in this book have Z names)
Slashrim: Lashnar, Hurk
These characters just introduce the relationships of the Natives and Humans to be expanded upon in later novels.

Where did you get your information? Because according to all of my research, any type of supernova would eat up the entire solar system easily.

1. I should have wrote the question better, i meant will there be any different species of natives inportant or not or are the current ones the "only" ones?

2. We talked about it in class that it would engulf the Earth and maybe Mars and a part of Jupiter but it also said the Sun might not engulf the earth but since the sun is gone life on Earth would be impossible anyways because there is no light from the sun and because the sun would most likely be an asteroid look-alike. The sun is a Yellow Dwarf which is bigger than a White dwarf but smaller than a red giant etc. I read that the sun would engulf everything that is within 2x the radius from the Earth to the Sun.

You might be right but i might be but either way life on earth would be impossible. But i did a 5 minute research on google so you are more likely right.
And since all planets that would not be swallowed(besides pluto) are gas planets so it's impossible for life, so NR can live on!

You dig.

Posted Image

#17 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,106 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Jun 28 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the reason I keep bringing it up is to encourage you to read it. tongue.gif

1) Sure, there's always the possibility of an undiscovered species! Who knows... even some of the current main species (Mahlok, Sarran, Achmer, Skrakki, etc.) might not actually be "Native" to this galaxy, and Humans just don't know it yet...

2) I'll have to consult my chart and get back to you on this one. Yes, the Victorians have a Main Battle Tank and a heavier Siege Tank that doubles as mobile artillery, but I don't recall their names right now. I'll color this line so I remember to come back and edit it.

3) A strategy game mod or something, right? Well, you should probably wait for me to post the full chart of units for Xarkon/Victory. They'll be up soon - in fact, I'll go ahead and post them here as soon as they're done. Oh, and feel free to ask any questions. Right now the only thing I'm working on is decal orders.

1) Ok, because for some time I had a idea about bringing there a small (several bilions) speies which is original in NR (they are not a "angels", "octopus", "magma human" or "lizards", they are unique biggrin.gif). Also I want to write a comic about them, but my English is not perfect and still there are some white spots so... thanks for this smile.gif

2) 3) ... Well, it was not neccesery to name it, because now if someone will notice it, he will ask something like "what it will be, do you need a help" or something like that. Because for now I had planned something and I dont had a much people for it. So when it will not be done, it will look like I failed, but when noone will know it, nothing will happend biggrin.gif I will wait for it, because it will significally helps me. And about your help... when I will need it, I will ask for it smile.gif Thanks for this smile.gif

For Terran_Union: Well, a reason why mostly all Xarkonian vehicles, ships and aircrafts had a "crown of Xarkon" or a logo is simple. To make it different. Now on Earth a tanks nearly look like the same (Abrams, Challenger, Leopart, Type-99) and there are only some differences in design. Every military vehicle must had a logo of their nation so everyone will notice it. Also a Earth-vehicles had them. And Xarkon had a psychology that a "crown of Xarkon" is something important so they must show it to entire galaxy. Thats a possible answer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by Volen Metalic, 28 June 2009 - 02:00 AM.

#18 Terran_Union

Terran_Union

Spaghetti Crusader

• 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:39 AM

@Volen Metalic: I see so the Crown is like a "national symbol"

Edited by Terran_Union, 29 June 2009 - 04:36 PM.

#19 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,106 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Terran_Union @ Jun 28 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Volen Metalic: I see so the Crown is like a "national symbol"

Yeah, its a national symbol, like Victory had a "V-shape", Zygbar had a "dragon" and Yavakaro had a... "eye?" biggrin.gif

#20 Osolis Mantis

Osolis Mantis

One day we'll be nostalgic for disaster

• Nova Patron
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

1) Hey, what's up? How've you been? Long time since we talked, yeah?

2) Are you still going to be accepting fan fictions to your site? If so, if I completely overhaul my story about Ray and E'Oveai Rho and make it... you know... not crappy, could you replace the one that's already on the site with it? Because that would be much appreciated, seeing as how that old one doesn't represent my writing at ALL anymore. XD

3) How long, approximately, would it take to go from Ecirron to Terra Nova? From E'Oveai Rho to Terra Nova?

4) How's the Takeover of Mordark coming?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-<({[RAGE.wit]})>-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~<({[If there's one thing I know in this world, it's that we are Beggars all]})>~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
{Zapman: Transferred - UNDER REVISION}-~-~-~-~{Gavin Nequam and the Hall of Prophecy - UNDER REVISION}
{Vagabond - IN PROGRESS}-~-~-~-~{Kingdom Hearts: In The Dark - ON INDEFINATE HIATUS}
{12-8-2007 - COMPLETE}-~-~-~-~-{Legend of the Five: Rise of the Small - IN PROGRESS}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users