NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

(NEW) In Sickness and In Health: Sign-ups and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

In Sickness and In Health

(Please note, this was originally created at the same time as Chasing Shadows, hence the reference to  business in Redfield)

Templar Captain Malvolio Borgia strode down the hallways in a Temple of Astra and wondered about his next mission. He had been on several small missions previously, though the last important one had been the mission to find the Mage named Letom. His promotion in the order had been from his actions in a mission, when he and several other Templars had subdued a small cult that had been trying to summon an even smaller army of demons. He could still feel the sting of wounds he had received, and thought that most of them would likely leave scars.

The Hallway opened up into a room that was dedicated to the Templar’s god: Lady Astra. A ruby statue of her Cross was built at the far end of the room, with a altar for offerings built in from of it. Several priests were chanting in unison while several more were sacrificing a bull to Astra, the pungent scent of burning meat filling the room.

Several Templars were standing in the back of the room looking on, but one of them drew Malvolio’s gaze: Knight Commander Maurice Ashwind was tall for a Half-Elf, standing almost six feet tall, dwarfing most of the Templars in the room, including Malvolio. He looked splendid in his gold armor and flowing red cape, not to mention the long, curved sword at this side. The Half-Elf’s grey hair was tied back in a ponytail that reached his belt. 

“Malvolio,” Maurice said, no emotion showing on his stern, thin face “I’m glad you obeyed my summons.”

“You’re welcome, Commander,” Malvolio said, the scars on his face stretching and thinning as spoke “I know you had your reasons for summoning so soon after my last mission.”

“Yes, I’m sorry about that, but I’m afraid that this mission is rather important: the orders came from Sir Terrence of the Knights-Paladin.”

Malvolio frowned: Terrence was the toady of Sir Scaevius, the Left hand of the Emperor. If a Knights-Templar had been sent, then the mission must be important.

As if sensing his thoughts, the Knight-Commander continued “You and a squad of Templars will be deployed to Heathrow: It’s a small town in the Imperial heartland that serves as a hospital to wounded Imperial Soldiers that aren’t in active duty.”

“I’ve heard of Heathrow,” Malvolio said “Aren’t the Legionaries there led by Markus Thanos, that Centurion that lost his leg fighting against the Chaos Races up north?”

“The same,” Maurice said “in any case, he sent us a messenger: apparently, a plague is raging in Heathrow the likes of which they and we have never seen. It may have been demonically or magically created. The messenger and his horse died two hours after we got the news, but we burned the bodies before anyone else could be infected.”

The Commander sighed and said “Some local Plague Doctors, the Followers of Asclepius, are working on cure, but I doubt it’ll be made in time: over three quarters of the town is infected, and half of those are dead or dying as we speak.”

Maurice then turned the Malvolio and said “I assigned to do this because you one of the only two Knight Captains available to do so at the moment: the other one is away on business in Redfield. I want you to recruit as many Templars as possible to keep the plague in check and assist in creating a cure. If the plague is magically created, then you should see if any Inquisitors in the area will help as well, maybe some Venators if necessary.”

“Yessir, I’ll leave immediately,” Malvolio said, and prepared to leave.

“Wait,” Maurice said, and waited before the Templar Captain stopped and said “Captain, I’ve heard that you’ve had past experience with a Demon of Wrath and survived, have you not?”

When Malvolio nodded the Templar Commander said “I’ve also heard that this Demon killed your fiancée and mauled you nigh onto death. If any Demons are involved with the creation of this plague, please do not let personal feelings get in the way of the mission. It seems callous when I say it, but trust me when I say that feelings can cloud your judgment, and might even cause the mission to fail.”

Malvolio nodded, letting no emotion show on his face to let Maurice know how deep the words stung.

"Yessir.”

“Good Luck to you,” the Commander said “and may Astra speed you on your way.”

As Malvolio left the room, he smirked: the mission seemed easy compared to his last one. In the coming days, he would wonder why Maurice had assigned him to this mission, and if the other Knight-Captain’s Mission had been as hard as his…

---

General Information:

Welcome to In Sickness and In Health: An Errant Campaign that hopefully won’t die like the other RPs I’ve tried to run in the past. The Goal of the Campaign is simple: Assist the Doctors in finding a cure to the plague, find the cause of it, and try not to become infected with the plague yourself.

Sign-Ups will be open until there are a sufficient amount of players who want to participate, and there will be major DM posts will be posted every Saturday, though minor DM posts will be posted now and then.

Please note that if you drop out of the RP, or go inactive for too long, that your character will most likely die in a painful manner.    :P

Character Creation Criteria:

Please note that the majority of the Characters in this Campaign are Templars and Inquisitors. Unaligned Character and Venators are accepted as well, but I would prefer to be fewer of them than Templars and Inquisitors.

Here are the list of races you can sign up as:

Accepted:

•                                         Templars – Humans, possibly half-elves or other human-like races or half-bloods (but anything other that pure blooded humans would be shunned, as most Templars are Nobles or Priests.).
  •                                        Inquisitors – Humans, possibly half-elves or other human-like races or half-bloods (anything other than pure-blooded humans are rare, as the rest are magical races.).
  •                                        Venators – Humans, Elves, and Dwarves.

Kill on sight, but can masquerade as humans:

•                                           Templars – Werewolves and Human Magi. Vampires and Demon-kin cannot join the Templars due to their unholy nature.
  •                                          Inquisitors – Werewolves, Human Magi, and Vampires.
  •                                          Venators – Werewolves, Vampires, and Human Magi are unable to hide their monstrous side, and Demon-kin would be hard pressed to do so. If you want to play as one of these, you should hash it out with Wolfy, as I’ll accept anything that sounds cool. 

Blank Sign-up sheets can be found here.

If you signed up in the previous incarnation of this topic, and wish to play as that character now, than that character can be found here:

Spoiler

Player List:

Templars:

Malvolio Borgia – DM NPC

Cornelius Trenico - Templar Initiate

Nox - Knight Hospitaller 

Inquisitors:

(None yet)

Venators/Unaligned:

Phebei: Dryad Healer

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

Eh, it's been long enough I'll make a new character. I suppose I should lay my naga in the other RP to rest, though? :P

-----

Name: Phebei

Race: Dryad (Epimeliad)

Affinity: Clay

Deity: Demeter

Faction: None

Talents: Herbalism, Charisma, Spiritual Connection, Subtlety

Attributes

Strength: 3

Agility: 8

Constitution: 5

Perception: 6 - 1 = 5

Intelligence: 8

Spirit: 8 + 2 = 10

Luck: 4

Appearance: Phebei is a slim, short epimeliad who stands nearly five feet tall in her elven form. Her skin is pale, as if she hasn’t spent a day of her life in the sun. Her childlike face is neatly curtained by long, curly, light pink hair falling almost to her waist. The dryad’s wide eyes do little to change her childish appearance, wide and pink as they are. However, even while dressed in a simple, white, hand-woven robe of wool, Phebei is surprisingly more difficult to pick out of a crowd than some may give her credit for.

Inventory:

-Simple robe (wool)

-Satchel of herbs and some food (wool)

-A rough, uncarved, untreatedwalking-stick (wood)

Biography:

Living in the heartland of the Empire is an… interesting experience for a dryad, to say the least. The almost consistent felling of trees to feed Achaean industry is an ever-present pain, one that Phebei has dealt with for as long as she can remember. Perhaps it is this that drove the dryad to begin her wanderings, communing with spirits near and far in search of a cure for the constant - if now very dull - phantom pain. From Justantion to Goldcrossing, the epimeliad searched for solace, briefly finding that discovering injured animals to help seemed to, if nothing else, divert her attention elsewhere and give her a fleeting sense of fulfillment.

But it never lasted long.

During her journeys, however, Phebei happened across Heathrow, and was immediately drawn by the sense of fading agony permeating the town. Curious and hopeful to have found some diversion, however brief, the dryad snuck into the makeshift hospital and found row upon row of wounded humans. Often under the cover of night, she consistently returned to try easing their pain or actively healing their wounds with what rudimentary knowledge of alchemy and herbs she collected on her journeys.

For weeks this continued and Phebei’s proficiency in stealth and herbalism improved as she did what she could to care for the soldiers… though she found the patrols thickening and many of the wounded under guard. It seemed her presence had not gone unnoticed, and so the dryad reluctantly retreated from the town; far enough to avoid detection, but not so much that she couldn’t still feel the spiritual turmoil of the wounded. It was a fortunately brief period of agony.

Which, ironically, ended when the plague came: and everything grew worse. Drawn back to the town in the hopes of doing something - anything - to help the sick and dying, Phebei openly revealed herself to offer help… which, naturally, did not end well as she retreated when it was clear she was not being openly accepted.

However, as days passed and the agony only grew worse, Phebei continued to return and try to help openly or otherwise when she was naturally refused - being arguably less humanoid than an elf - while the plague continued to spread. Eventually, her help was openly - if quite reluctantly - accepted, and since then the dryad has found herself in the midst of what others would call a nightmare, but Phebei sees it as a chance to find some ultimate fulfillment: an end to the pain that has permeated her life.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

I'm planning to sign up as a different character, too, I believe. :P I'm still contemplating which one to use, though, and still working on my thesis as hard as I can go. I'll try to get something posted as soon as I can.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

HEY MAYBE I SHOULD POST IN THIS

Eh, it's been long enough I'll make a new character. I suppose I should lay my naga in the other RP to rest, though? :P

Name: Phebei

Looks nice! I'll add her to the roster, but I would suggest having a second character that can interact with the Imperials without them mistrusting them.

I'm planning to sign up as a different character, too, I believe. :P I'm still contemplating which one to use, though, and still working on my thesis as hard as I can go. I'll try to get something posted as soon as I can.

Alright, I know that you're busy with college or something.

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

Alright, I know that you're busy with college or something.

I can send you a breakdown of my weekly schedule, if you're skeptical. :rolleyes:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Patron
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Well, since my characters are now cleared, I'll be using Phebei the sneaky dryad healer and Cornelius Trenico the headstrong Templar initiate for this adventure. Assuming it gets off the ground.

#7 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Well, since my characters are now cleared, I'll be using Phebei the sneaky dryad healer and Cornelius Trenico the headstrong Templar initiate for this adventure. Assuming it gets off the ground.

Great!

I'll edit in Phebei's new sign-up sheet and I'll edit in Cornelius' once he gets approved by Wolfy.

#8 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Patron
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Ah, he has been approved, if you take a gander at his character sheet.

#9 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Ah, he has been approved, if you take a gander at his character sheet.

Sorry about that, I'll edit him in now.

There's also that Inquisitor of yours if you want to use her in this, if you want a trio.

Can't wait to see who else signs up!

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

I'm going to start out with Nox.

I might add another character later, but I'm not sure yet.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I'm going to start out with Nox.

kdjO8.gif

OH YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M ADDING THIS GUY TO THE ROSTER

ALL ABOARD THE NOX HYPE TRAIN 

#12 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

I'll definitely their a character into the mix, most likely a new one.

Would an Inquisitor be best given the numbers so far?

Also, while I love the setup, as a Brit I can't take Heathrow seriously https://en.m.wikiped...eathrow_Airport.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#13 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

I'll definitely their a character into the mix, midi likely a new one.

Would an Inquisitor be best given the numbers so far?

Also, while I love the setup, as a Brit I can't take Heathrow seriously https://en.m.wikiped...eathrow_Airport.

Sure!

Depending on how many people end up joining up, I may just allow trios, so you could end up having one of each if you wanted.

Wait, that's a really place? :D

#14 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

Sorry, forgot to ever put up a character for this.

Would Agnus fit? http://forums.saber-...148#entry485225

#15 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Sorry, but he would not work.

This campaign is specifically geared towards Templar and Inquisitor characters. If he did show up, it would be as a sick Imperial Soldier.

I would suggest signing up as an Inquisitor, because aside from a character Burgs created and lost interest in, we have no other Inquisitors.

#16 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

No problem, I'll put together an inquisitor.

#17 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Patron
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:47 PM

...because aside from a character Burgs created and lost interest in, we have no other Inquisitors.

Sorry, there's only so long I can stay interested in a character I haven't used. Ideas come and go for me.

On that note, I'm gonna need to review my Templar and see if I can still roll him well.

#18 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, that was me being disappointing that such a cool looking character got scrapped. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. :P

It would be interesting if you played both of those characters. I imagine the banter between two similar yet different characters might be interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users