• Please log in to reply
805 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:07 AM

There isn't a generic movie news thread. This offends me. Anyhow, it's sort of related to games, I guess.

Neill Blomkamp has been teasing the updated M41A Pulse Rifle for Alien 5.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

There isn't a generic movie news thread. This offends me. Anyhow, it's sort of related to games, I guess.

RAAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLSSSSSSSS.
There isn't a firearm on earth that looks cooler after the addition of RIS

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#3 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

Awww yeah rails. Makes anything tacticool. ;D

Hell, if they made them smaller I'd put rails on my utensils.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#4 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:03 AM

There isn't a generic movie news thread. This offends me.

FTFY.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#5 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Self-Ejected
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

Thought this was a game trailer for a long time, but apparently there's a ...movie? Ratchet & Clank was never a game I played but I kind of wanted to.

#6 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

ALRIGHT YOU LOSERS, GET READY!

Netflix and other internet TV streamy things have given us a lot of good stuff over the years. Continuations of beloved TV shows all over the place. Arrested Development Season 4 was magnificent, Twin Peaks and The X-Files will hopefully be magnificent... I know there are more but I can't think of them right now. Anyway, forget all that, because this morning has brought the most fantabulous, the most wonderiffulous news ever to dance its way across my eyeballs:

NETFLIX IS BRINGING BACK GILMORE GIRLS!

Everyone's coming back, all the actors and the creators, and they're doing four 90-minute mini-movies and oh man oh god oh jeez this is the best thing you guys.

IT IS HAPP-UH-NING!

lorelai_rory_hug_gif.gif

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL MY NAME AND I'LL BE THERE ON THE NEXT TRAIN!

#7 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

FTFY.

ILY.

So, this one would usually go in the Anime & Manga topic, however it's pretty much universally loved, so eh.

Technically the finale to GitS: Arise, the new movie is... odd. I'm not too fond of the new visual style, however the writing in the show was great, and the movie has a healthy dosage of cyberpunk to draw the audience in. Definitely a watcher.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#8 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

I'm not too fond of the new visual style, however the writing in the show was great, and the movie has a healthy dosage of cyberpunk to draw the audience in. Definitely a watcher.

I wouldn't say the art style is bad, it definitely looks like an updated version of the animation from Stand Alone Complex, which was superb.  But I'll agree that some of the choices they made in animating it are a bit... Odd. Aramaki doesn't have gray hair? Borma's face is huge with those teeny-tiny little eyes? The Major looks like she's could pass as a middle-schooler with little effort? I'm sorry, wut? And what makes the differences even more obvious is the voice cast was changed from SAC... But then they brought in Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as a different character?  But guys, the old team just sounded awesome, and now not only have you changed their actors, but you're highlighting it by making the Major's previous actress a supporting (possibly antagonist) character? Uh, why? This just makes me want to bust out my 2nd Gig DVDs again or rewatch the first season.  Then again this is...

Technically the finale to GitS: Arise, the new movie is... odd.

Which may explain some of it, because this is only the second thing I've every heard about that... Series? Movie? OVA? All I know for sure is it was a reboot.

It looks neat, I love Ghost in the Shell to death and I definitely want to check out this new incarnation. Some aspects just seem... Off, to me.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#9 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

I'll be following this hype thread for the same reason I follow every other hype thread:

Ocelot posts.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#10 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

So, Star Trek is coming back to TV. No, I'm not pulling your leg. It's Happening!

...but seriously? Everything past-pilot is exclusive to CBS's streaming service. Bad move.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#11 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Come on, CBS, you aren't HBO. You don't have enough good shows to restrict Star Trek to your online streaming service. 

I there word of the cast of the new films being involved in this, or is it a separate timeline/different characters?

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#12 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

I wouldn't say the art style is bad, it definitely looks like an updated version of the animation from Stand Alone Complex, which was superb.  But I'll agree that some of the choices they made in animating it are a bit... Odd. Aramaki doesn't have gray hair? Borma's face is huge with those teeny-tiny little eyes? The Major looks like she's could pass as a middle-schooler with little effort? I'm sorry, wut? And what makes the differences even more obvious is the voice cast was changed from SAC... But then they brought in Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as a different character?  But guys, the old team just sounded awesome, and now not only have you changed their actors, but you're highlighting it by making the Major's previous actress a supporting (possibly antagonist) character? Uh, why? This just makes me want to bust out my 2nd Gig DVDs again or rewatch the first season.  Then again this is...

Which may explain some of it, because this is only the second thing I've every heard about that... Series? Movie? OVA? All I know for sure is it was a reboot.

It looks neat, I love Ghost in the Shell to death and I definitely want to check out this new incarnation. Some aspects just seem... Off, to me.

It's not that the art style is bad; it just Kusanagi in particular that seems a little off in comparison to everything else. That said, it's really surprising how well the original and SAC have held up after all these years. Changing the VAs as well, like... what? Why? 

They keep rebooting an already rebooted franchise. It's starting to get a bit old now, but I'll watch it anyway, if only for the fact that there's no Darker than Black S3 yet.

#13 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. You thought DRIVTHREER, THIFOURF and FANTFOURSTIC were good, allow me to introduce you to FRANKTHREENFIVETTHREEONEN:

J1PMyzY.jpg

#14 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. You thought DRIVTHREER, THIFOURF and FANTFOURSTIC were good, allow me to introduce you to FRANKTHREENFIVETTHREEONEN:

J1PMyzY.jpg

What in the actual hell is this? And more importantly, why is Carrie Anne Moss in it?

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#15 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

And why is Tony Todd in it too?

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

#16 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:08 AM

Netflix is aiming to produce and co-produce anime, as well as forming licensing contracts to expand the series', movies and OVAs on its service exponentially.

It's worth pointing out that they also want to partner with and fund studios in Japan, giving them enough time to work on any project they help produce. Which is great for everyone involved, really.

#17 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

FRANKTHREENFIVETTHREEONEN

"Man is the true monster"

Aaaaaand there goes any possible interest I might have been able to scrape together.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#18 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

http://www.comingsoo...ict-cumberbatch

Not convinced. Then again, I'm rather biased against Benedict Cucumbercabbagepatchkid.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#19 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

:|

#20 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Okay, show of hands, who asked for this? Come on fess up, I know someone wanted a sequel to that bomb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users