330 replies to this topic

#301 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

How to post videos on the forum?

You should be able to just copy-paste in the URL (web address) of the video, if it's on YouTube, and the forums will embed it automatically.

If that doesn't work, try putting "media" tags around the URL, like so:

[media]URL[/media]

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#302 Sovereign64

Sovereign64

Rookie

• 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

You should be able to just copy-paste in the URL (web address) of the video, if it's on YouTube, and the forums will embed it automatically.

If that doesn't work, try putting "media" tags around the URL, like so:

[media]URL[/media]

I know now! Thanks! :)

#303 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

Out of curiosity, will Kye's hair-piece be sold in the shop, or will you at least give us instructions on how to make one like it?

#304 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Out of curiosity, will Kye's hair-piece be sold in the shop, or will you at least give us instructions on how to make one like it?

It'd be really hard to sell his hairpiece in the shop for a few reasons, but mostly that it might get broken in shipment, since the horns might pop off fairly easily. I've been super gentle with it because I don't want to push my luck. :P

But here are some instructions for how I did it, if you're interested:

First, take this hairpiece (in black), which can be found in a few Ninjago sets. You'll need a pair of these horns (standard short LEGO horns) and these horns (BrickWarriors crescent horns, which Scorp sells here on the site). I chopped both of them just a little shorter to fit on the hairpiece, but mostly just to get rid of the nub on the bottom, then painted them dark tan. Paint them and let them dry before you try putting them on the hairpiece.

Then, get some crazy glue and stick the four horns on one at a time (I put a dot of glue on the hairpiece and stuck the horn onto it). Be sure to press the horn and hairpiece together really hard and hold it there for several seconds, or it's not gonna stick. It took a few tries to get them all on right, but I was super happy with the result. :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#305 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

For some reason all the times on SSLF are in Mountain Time, even though I've got it set to CST. Any idea what might be throwing that up? It's almost like the forum isn't accounting for Daylight Savings or something.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#306 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

Do you have it set to automatically update for DST? I've noticed that doesn't seem to work, so I just manually check the "My timezone is in DST" box.

2004-2018

#307 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

Hmm, I really have no idea dude, sorry. :\ It's working fine for me right now (and I have the automatic DST thing checked on), but the forum clock has always been a bit screwball, so all I know to say is: you might have to mess around with it until the time matches yours as closely as it can, even if you have to set it to the wrong time zone.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#308 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

Not sure if this is the right kind of question to ask here, but have you considered the possibility of adding a news subforum? I noticed the Library was gone, and I knew even from a few years back that it wasn't getting much attention. I'm definitely not advertising anything, but another forum I frequent has a news section that is laid out in the best way possible that avoids user abuse; certain users are promoted to editors and have to find format certain news articles and make them look somewhat professional, and obviously it has to come from an accredited news source. While I could see debates or arguments springing up in such a section, a good portion of the userbase here are now adults and don't always want to talk about movies or games, but I personally don't want to just talk about off topic stuff, so it could be a good way to promote activity if some heavy ground rules were laid out to avoid fights. Just my two pennies.

xgd0s9.jpg

#309 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

There was a News & Politics thread (and a Religion thread) in the Nova Board. Topics such as those were Nova Member exclusive, and general off-topic discussion not related to a subject of our site(s) and/or entertainment in general is still a Nova Member only perk. However, this rule was recently instated:

4: No politics. This is an entertainment forum. Talking politics is currently not allowed even in the Cantina Nova. You can go elsewhere for that.

Basically, as the rule states, we want to keep this as an entertainment forum.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#310 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

I see. I kind of figured that any news topics relating to politics or religion would end in disaster, they usually do from my experience, but I personally believe the best kind of news that people should be informed about, is new technological and scientific breakthroughs and discoveries, but I suppose in relation to entertainment, they would be considered off-topic.

As an afterthought, many people here are currently going or have went through post-secondary school, (I myself am about to start college this fall) and in relation to making games, videos, or general media, technology plays a very important role in that and involves mathematics and general knowledge; something that should be able to be formed into a debate-free and collaborative subforum that wouldn't be too off topic, maybe it could even fit under Creativity. With something like that you could fit a science and technology news topic in a subforum, but I'm sure you all have ideas of your own that you want to implement into the website.

Edited by Style, 22 May 2016 - 10:23 AM.

xgd0s9.jpg

#311 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

If you were a Nova Member, you could post all that stuff in the Nova board to your heart's content. :P

I agree that I love that kind of news, though. It's interesting no one's already made that topic in the Cantina Nova.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#312 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

In between the status and blog updates, I've now got this text. Is it on my end?

Error: Could not load template 'customSidebarBlock' from group 'boards'

#313 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

In between the status and blog updates, I've now got this text. Is it on my end?

That should be the ad banner I just added for the new Tales of Wulfgard book. Strange that it's not showing up for you. I see it on all of my browsers and devices...

Hmm, you're probably using an alternate forum theme, aren't you? Yeah, that seems to be a problem... Some of those skins need updating. I'll look into it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#314 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

I'm using Desert Night, yes.

EDIT: Sometimes this happens too. Any idea why?

#315 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

EDIT: Sometimes this happens too. Any idea why?

That'd almost certainly be from double-posting (maybe you hit the reply button twice without meaning to, for instance), but the forum automatically puts the posts together if you double-post within a few seconds of each other.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#316 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

Will the currently existing statuses on our profiles ever be deleted? It kinda bugs me that "Transparent wood is now a thing that exists" will forever hover above my profile.

xgd0s9.jpg

#317 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

Would a small guess-the-quote forum game be acceptable? Video-game related, of course.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#318 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Will the currently existing statuses on our profiles ever be deleted? It kinda bugs me that "Transparent wood is now a thing that exists" will forever hover above my profile.

It will have to hover there for now, but I'm planning to do something with them eventually.

Would a small guess-the-quote forum game be acceptable? Video-game related, of course.

Sounds fine. Don't see why not.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#319 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

Is there any chance the avatar size limit could be increased to say, 500kb, or is the current amount the highest you can feasibly go?
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#320 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

I seem to have lost my PM inbox. Did anyone else lose theirs?

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users