• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

#761 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

So I guess Netflix is making a live-action Witcher series. <- I chose this particular article about it as my link because it is negative, and I agree with most of what he said. Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this. I know there was a really old, kinda hilariously cruddy Polish TV series about the Witcher already, made before the games (I think it was called The Hexer), but I could safely ignore that one. This one's different. If it's successful, then people are gonna think of it when they hear "Witcher". I... don't have much confidence in Netflix. I unsubbed from them late last year when I realized I wasn't watching anything on there and kinda hated most of their original programming. And now they will be adapting what is pretty much my current favorite thing. I hate to see them get their grubby hands on Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Triss, etc., when IMO the Witcher 3 version of these characters, and the ending(s) to their story, was pretty much perfect. I actually appreciated that CD Projekt was going to end the series there and make no more games about Geralt. And now... this. Blech. Here's hoping it gets cancelled before release for some reason.

vvv Yes, that would definitely be preferable. vvv

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#762 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

What if they didn't do a live action version, and basically just did a TV series of video game cutscenes? Kept the entire production crew from the game, so it'd basically be the game, but only cutscenes. (I realize that is not what is happening, I am merely asking a hypothetical question)

Would you still not want a TV series to be made, were the above scenario the case?

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#763 Ocelot

Ocelot

Robots and Freckles

• 7,484 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that Witcher show at this point. With so little to go on, I just fall back on my standard stance of "I hope it's good".

I'll certainly be interested to see who they cast as Geralt. Doug Cockle's voice is so firmly entrenched in my mind that it's going to be weird seeing anyone else play him; that guy does such an amazing job of making an emotionless, kind of generic cool guy, author self-insert, girls-want-him-guys-want-to-be-him character into one of my absolute favourite video game characters ever. I don't envy the actor who has to come in and do that in live-action, with a full face of scar makeup, cat-eye contact lenses and a dumb silver wig :P

The hope is obviously that they don't just turn it into a grimdark Game of Thrones clone, and I imagine that's probably exactly what it'll be, but... I don't know, I'll give it a chance. 

#764 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,978 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I'm not holding out any hope for that Netflix Witcher show. Also, I absolutely dread seeing their werewolves. I'm already not exactly a fan of the werewolves in the game, but I bet they'll be fantastic compared to whatever Netflix cooks up. Not that, I know, that concerns anyone else at all, but you know me...

So this happened just now while I was lurking on Twitter. I guess Tom Hardy is playing Venom in some Spider-Man spinoff.

Because he was such a great Bane, amirite?

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#765 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

I love Hardy, but like, I don't want this Venom movie to happen, lol.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#766 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

*Angry Anime Grunting*

• Nova Patron
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Because he was such a great Bane, amirite?

I honestly thought he was a fine Bane.

When I could understand him, at least. :P

#767 Ocelot

Ocelot

Robots and Freckles

• 7,484 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

I like Tom Hardy enough that I can overlook the fact that I can never understand a single word he says in any movie he makes. Sometimes I think that very unintelligibleness is his greatest talent. His character in The Revenant, for instance; no idea what he said, but boy did he steal that movie.

tom8.jpg

There's eleven minutes of assorted Wonder Woman clips ready to be watched. I'd rather watch the whole thing in one go, but I did scrub through it to try and find some fight scenes and they look OK:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

#768 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Patron
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

https://www.cnet.com...uncharted-film/

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#769 Ocelot

Ocelot

Robots and Freckles

• 7,484 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

JOHN WICK 3 NEWS!

Derek Kolstad, the writer of the first two movies, is writing the third one. I think they're still in very early production, so I wouldn't expect the glorious final chapter of the greatest trilogy in film history for a while at least, but they're on the right track so far. I hope Keanu Reeves kills some guys.

EDIT - 

DIDDLY RIDDLY! I was thinking this movie could be pretty watchable until everyone's favourite wife-beating goon, Johnny Depp, showed up. If anyone can ruin a movie for me it's that schmuck.

#770 Spark

Spark

The screams all sound the same.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Michael Nyquist, the guy that played Viggo in the first John Wick, died today. That sucks.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#771 Ocelot

Ocelot

Robots and Freckles

• 7,484 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

So apparently they showed an early trailer for Avengers Infinity War at this Disney Expo thing. It's one of those ones that probably isn't going to end up online unless someone happened to smuggle a potatocam version out. I was going to complain showing your product to like 1000 people in one place and not letting anyone else see it isn't how marketing is supposed to work, but this old man has yelled at enough clouds. For now, we can make do with a synopsis from Gizmodo. I won't quote it here just in case anyone wants to remain unspoiled, but I think this bit needs to be shared:

Captain America comes out of shadows with a full beard.

GOTY. I mean MOTY.

EDIT - YO SHUT UP THO BECAUSE THERE'S A NEW KINGSMAN TRAILER!

Pedro Pascal is doing sick gun-twirling trick shots with a Foghorn Leghorn accent! YOOOOOO

#772 Ocelot

Ocelot

Robots and Freckles

• 7,484 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

A million trailers just fell out of Comic Con:

Look at this cool poster:

15007740518439653ubxo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users