25 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Of Monsters and Men - Thousand Eyes

Following a tragic end to her brief superhero career, Jessica Jones tries to rebuild her life as a private investigator, dealing with cases involving people with remarkable abilities in New York City...

Featuring;

Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones (Law & Order, Breaking Bad, The Cleveland Show)

David Tennant as Kilgrave/The Purple Man (Doctor Who, How to Train Your Dragon, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Mike Colter as Luke Cage/Power Man (Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Halo: Nightfall, Halo 5: Guardians)

Rachael Taylor as Trish "Patsy" Walker/Hellcat (Transformers, Grey's Anatomy)

Carrie-Anne Moss as Harper (The Matrix Trilogy, Chuck, Mass Effect 2 & 3)

Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple/Night Nurse (Men in Black II, Seven Pounds, Daredevil)

So, I can't be the only one stoked for Jessica Jones in November? Daredevil was brilliant, and the cast behind JJ is fantastic; at least, those who have been announced so far. 

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

NOT MUH PURPLE

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

David Tennant as Kilgrave/The Purple Man (Doctor Who, How to Train Your Dragon, Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

If I didn't know who the Purple Man was, I would post a stupid FNAF Joke.

But instead, I could post a stupid Dr. Who joke!

If I felt like it.

#4 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

If I didn't know who the Purple Man was, I would post a stupid FNAF Joke.

But instead, I could post a stupid Dr. Who joke!

If I felt like it.

Rapist with mind control powers. He's also purple.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#5 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

... Soon people, soon.

#6 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Ahem. It's time, sheeple.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#7 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

That trailer.

"Marvel is for kid."

#8 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Second trailer is up.

#9 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

I repeat.

"Marvel is for kid."

... What a joke. Cannot wait more for this show. o_O Just a few... weeks... away...

#10 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Every time Kilgrave says "Jessicaaaa" and then in the police station when he leans on the cubicle half-wall and gives that little Tennant grin...

david_tennant_doctor_who_1440x900_wallpa

#11 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

Oh MAN. Just finished this show? Can we talk about it? I wanna talk about it.

Like, they went excessively HBO on the violence but is there ANYTHING ELSE to not like about this show? Man. So good.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#12 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

Like, they went excessively HBO on the violence but is there ANYTHING ELSE to not like about this show? Man. So good.

I thought I liked Daredevil. But really, Jessica Jones was simply amazing.

#13 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Jessie Jones was excessive on the violence? Did you see Daredevil? JJ could have done without the sexual content towards the beginning, but the violence wasn't nearly as bad--or at least as constant--as in Daredevil.

That said, oh gosh those last 2 episodes :3 I dunno if I just wasn't paying enough attention the rest of the show, but the last episodes had some great lines.

Spoiler

#14 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

Jessie Jones was excessive on the violence? Did you see Daredevil? JJ could have done without the sexual content towards the beginning, but the violence wasn't nearly as bad--or at least as constant--as in Daredevil.

That said, oh gosh those last 2 episodes :3 I dunno if I just wasn't paying enough attention the rest of the show, but the last episodes had some great lines.

Spoiler

Well, they didn't HBO the sex, though count yourself lucky. Sexuality is all part of JJ's character. No wonder she's classed among the characters for a more mature audience.

Spoiler

#15 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

No, I didn't see Daredevil, so I didn't know what to expect.

I thought the (intiially) cheap sex helped alongside a few other factors to make her very human and relateable, something necessary anytime you're dealing with superpowers. It wasn't really graphic either, so *shrug*.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#16 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,088 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Just watched the first three episodes, and I really like it so far. I know people liked Daredevil, and I thought it was fine, but Jessica Jones is really good, like for reals. The private eye-ing scenes remind me a lot of Veronica Mars, which I absolutely adored (and which Krysten Ritter was also on, coincidentally), and there's almost a psychological horror aspect when they start talking about Kilgrave. Well, no, there's a straight up, definitely psychological horror aspect; it's really cool. I can already see that they've started introducing the colour purple into any scene where he might be lurking about, and it makes everything wonderfully tense.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Jessica Jones as a character, and I only know Luke Cage from when he was a jive-talkin' blaxploitation character and the Purple Man from that one episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so I've got no fondness for the characters colouring my opinions. This is just a really good show. One that I'm going to be mindlessly binge-watching in a stupor for the next couple of days :P

#17 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

3 episodes in myself. Really digging it. I don't really do the "binge watching" thing, so I'll probably keep going at an episode a night. Really, really dig this show tho. Loved Daredevil, and love this so far as well.

No, I didn't see Daredevil, so I didn't know what to expect.

I thought the (intiially) cheap sex helped alongside a few other factors to make her very human and relateable, something necessary anytime you're dealing with superpowers. It wasn't really graphic either, so *shrug*.

I agree. Sexuality is part of being human, and like you, I felt that having it there made her more believable. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#18 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

No you fools, sex sets a bad example.
Only sociopathic violence for super people, to set a good example for children. /s

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#19 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

Okay, okay... I get it's not a kids show. I'm probably more conservative than most of you, and I guess it just bugs me how desensitized our culture has been to sex in general. As a Christian who struggles with sexual purity--sorry for wishing it wasn't so prevalent in everything,

Despite those reservations, I really did think it was a good show. I didn't get that caught up in it 'til around episode 8(?), and that's probably because, frankly, Kilgrave was my favorite part of the show. Tennant just did a brilliant job of portraying the character. I'll hold my tongue about anything else for now, since you guys aren't very far.

Though Bill Cypher, if you see this thread, I'm curious about that spoiler you posted in my status, now that I'm through with the show...

Spoiler

#20 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:05 AM

Okay, okay... I get it's not a kids show. I'm probably more conservative than most of you, and I guess it just bugs me how desensitized our culture has been to sex in general. As a Christian who struggles with sexual purity--sorry for wishing it wasn't so prevalent in everything,

Well, being in the same boat, I still think that it's justified (in this case if not in more than half of other cases) because helps show her character. Means she isn't as straight-laced as we are. Guffaw :V

All jokes aside, I'll have to get around to watching this sooner rather than later. That, and Daredevil. And Arrow. I'm really behind on my super hero TV shows...

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users