The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7749 replies to this topic

#7741 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,129 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Being ported by Aspyr, only the single-player portion of Jedi Outcast—following the hero of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight, former Rebel spy-turned-Jedi-turned mercenary Kyle Katarn as he battles the Imperial Remnant and a fallen student of the New Jedi Order—will launch on both consoles September 24

Meanwhile, the full version of Jedi Academy—its single-player campaign and its totally rad multiplayer, which still thrives on PC thanks to a dedicated modding community—will come sometime in early 2020. While Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy have long been easily accessible on PC, this is the first time they’ve been on consoles since their original releases on the first Xbox and (and in Jedi Knight II’s case, the Gamecube) in the early aughts.

Jedi Knight returns. Well Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy will both be released for PS4 and Switch apparently. Jedi Outcast will be single player and Jedi Academy will be featuring SP and MP modes. Maybe not big news to everyone, but honestly it looks like it could be them testing the waters for interest in a new Jedi Knight game which I am all for it if so.

Next Batch of consoles..... Or well the rumors.

PS5 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB -  GPU - 9.2 Tflops somehow equal to 14.x Tflops on GCN? FEB 2020 reveal?

XB4 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB - GPU - 8 Tflops? Equal to some other number like 13 on GCN? JUNE 2020

Switch 2/ Switch Go? - Even more Portable Switch. Rumor of a better SoC that is cooler and faster maybe more powerful. Extra Mario Mushrooms. 

#7742 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,278 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

TLoU2-Event_09-09-19-600x681.jpg

Here we go! The payoff for no Sony at E3 this year (hopefully). I want to see more of that woman with the muscles from that footage last year. Also Joel, I guess, but mostly those big muscly arms.

Also, here's a trailer for a new Resident Evil game, which is unfortunately looking like a four-player co-op thing rather than RE3 Remake:

#7743 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

It's TGS, boyos! All the Japanese game trailers you weeb losers can eat:

Nioh 2 (coming early 2020):

FFVII Remake (oh my God how are these trailers so HOYPE?)

There's some FFVIIR Remake gameplay, too:

Resident Evil: Project Resistance (a 4 vs. 1 multiplayer escape thing):

Yakuza 7, with its real-time RPG battle system:

#7744 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

In what I thought might be a kind of guerrilla marketing technique to drum up some hype for Rocksteady's long-awaited next game... but have since learnt is probably just a way of commemorating the 80th anniversary of Batman as a character, the Epic Game Store is giving away SIX Batman games for free today. Batmans: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Knight, and Lego Batmans: 1, 2 and 3. Just log into the store and get'em, same as every other giveaway every other week with the EGS. It really puts into perspective just how much money Fortnite must be making for Epic to be able to give away multiple games for straight-up-free every week, huh? Like, man they must be making a lot of money from that game. A. Lot. Of. MONEY. Goodness gracious.

Speaking of the EGS, that neato John Wick strategy game is out October 8th:

I think this is such a cool idea for a John Wick game. You could never replicate a John Wick fight scene in a standard shooter or whatever, and even a Platinum action game might come up short, but this seems like such a clever way of depicting that inimitable John-Wick-ery through the medium of video games. btw John Wick 3 just came out on 4K Blu Ray and you'd better believe I'm getting it, baby.

And in unrelated news, look at this:

Xbox-Game-Pass_09-18-19.jpg

Game Pass is absolutely ridiculous. Didn't Bloodstained just come out like a week ago? I don't know how anyone is making money from these services, but I am way into getting a bunch of games for pocket change.

EDIT - Oh and Sony is holding a Nintendo Direct State of Play on September 24th, which lines up with that Last of Us 2 media event I posted about a couple of days ago, so maybe this is the big one.

#7745 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

OK, boyeees! The Sony Nintendo Direct was on this morning, and some stuff came out of it:

- There was a big long COD Modern Warfare trailer

- Wattam, the game from the creator of Katamari Damacy is out in December

- There's a demo for the Medievil remake on PSN now, and downloading it gets you some little DLC thing for the full game

- There's a Death Stranding themed PS4 Pro coming out to coincide with the game's release (it actually looks pretty cool)

But forget all that, because it's time for the big boi: The Last of Us 2:

It's coming out February 21st, 2020, it's on TWO DISCS (we RDR2 now, baby) and according to Neil Druckmann's post on the Playstation blog:

It’s a highly emotional story with complex themes that befit the world of The Last of Us. What we realized pretty early on is that we were putting together Naughty Dog’s most ambitious and longest game in our 35 year history. To tell this kind of story the game needed to be massive.

I am READY. YOU. GUYS. Let's do this. Also look at this box art. I usually don't like a 'it's just the dude's face' box art, but having Ellie just being straight up FURIOUS on the cover is doing it for me:

48789848481_5eb520ee80_k.jpg

#7746 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:23 AM

POPULAR

"Naughty Dog's most ambitious game in their 35 year history."

My ass. I'm sure you want to believe that, Druckmann, you disgusting weasel of a human being. I can't believe this guy and what he was allowed to get away with. It makes me so deeply ill that he's allowed to continue doing that and stroke his own ego, and everyone else strokes it with him, after he threw the gaming industry's oldest and greatest woman writer and developer under the bus - and no one noticed or cared.

I hope TLOU2 flops on its face. He's a despicable creature and doesn't deserve any of this. He didn't earn it himself, he won it through complaining, lying, hardcore and downright evil manipulation, and attempted blackmail, and then he was allowed to cover the whole thing up so that no one can tell the truth without getting other people in irreparable trouble, so he made himself his own little game development paradise.

It's probably the single most incredibly underhanded thing anyone's gotten away with in the gaming industry so far, doing what he did and destroying a beloved game franchise, several people's years and months of very hard work and stress, tearing apart devs and friends at a game studio, and then getting only accolades for it.

UGH.

Sorry. I try not to rain on the parade with TLOU. I will recede back into the dark waters of silence and let people enjoy the games. But that little self-affirming comment really made me sick, I had to get it off my chest.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#7747 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

POPULAR

Hilarious if true: https://nichegamer.c...than-1-created/

Only 32 Fallout 76 Recalled Power Armor Helmet Were Sold, Less Than 1% Created

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#7748 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, to be available on the new Rockstar Games Launcher, the Epic Games Store and a bunch of other digital storefronts, with a Steam release coming later in December for some reason. Should be another few hundred million in Rockstar's coffers, then. At least they won't go hungry.

And Kamala Khan is confirmed as one of the main characters of Crystal Dynamics' Avengers game:

I actually didn't know she had stretchy powers until just now :P

#7749 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

OK, to start with, in the kind of news we don't often hear any more, Doom Eternal is getting a massive delay into March 2020. I feel like we went through a loooong period a few years ago where every big game was getting delayed (the Wii U and Soony Delaystation era), but I feel like devs and publishers probably learnt not to announce release dates until they were absolutely sure they could hit them. The last major game delay I can remember was... what, Final Fantasy XV?

To make sure we’re delivering the best experience—for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish—we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020. We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is well worth the wait.

They also talk about how the Switch version is going to come even later, and their Invasion multiplayer mode (where you could take the role of a demon and invade another player's game to try and kill them) isn't going to be there at launch. Oh well, that's a shame, but there are plenty of other games coming out between now and then to keep us happy. I mean, Doom Eternal was originally coming out the same day as Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon Sword/Shield.

And in other news, Sony has dropped a new chunk of information about what is now officially called the Playstation 5:

- Hardware ray-tracing

- 100GB discs and a 4K Blu Ray drive. They also talk about more granular options for installing games, so you'll be able to install only the singleplayer campaign and save some space by ignoring the multiplayer, for example, or vice versa.

- You'll be able to 'see what's up' in games without actually having to boot the app. So if you just want to get into a Call of Duty match, for example, you can load straight into one from the console's dashboard, rather than having to boot the game, go into multiplayer and find one.

- The new controller looks much like the Dual Shock 4, but with 'adaptive triggers', meaning the controller can change the resistance of the triggers on the fly. Pulling back a bow string will feel like it has different tension compared to firing a shotgun, for example. They also mention what sounds much like the Switch's HD rumble or the Xbox One's rumble triggers.

Anyway, it sounds pretty neato, and there's more in the article. As always, though, take these pre-launch console promises with a grain of salt. Think about how much Nintendo hyped up HD Rumble, only to deliver what is basically a tinny cellphone buzz.

#7750 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,278 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

As if purely to call me a liar about games not being delayed any more, here's another big one: Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: 2 has been pushed back from March 2020 to 'later in 2020'.

Here's a trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC:

And a launch trailer for The Outer Worlds (the new Obsidian RPG), coming out in under a week!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users