#381 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

POPULAR

inktober__forest_troll_by_saber_scorpion

This forest troll was gonna be for #inktober day 8 "crooked", but since I missed that day, I guess it works for day 10 "gigantic" too.

Real ink instead of digital for the first time. Thanks to Wolfy for lending me her pens.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#382 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

POPULAR

To no one's great surprise, I've failed to keep up with the #inktober schedule, but I'll keep trying anyway. So here are some werewolves!

inktober__werewolf_pack_by_saber_scorpio

Yeah, it's one of my old Wulfgard drawings again. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#383 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,113 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Do you have an image of full body of Nova Refuge's Dark-Dragon?

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#384 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Because it still counts as Scorp's artwork:

37808839832_2af162f0c0_z.jpg

Received in a card along with some Patreon swag!

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#385 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Glad you liked it, Nighstalker! I decided to doodle that dude into the card at the last minute, lol. Thanks for supporting the Patreon! :D Really appreciate it.

Do you have an image of full body of Nova Refuge's Dark-Dragon?

I don't think so, but maybe I'll try to whip something up for you...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#386 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

One last drawing of some wood elves to say goodbye to #inktober (yeah, it's another of my old ones inked):

inktober__wood_elves_by_saber_scorpion-d

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#387 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Sad we didn't get more out of Scorp for Inktober, but whatever. :P

The Valkyrie is my favorite out of the inked old drawings, and the ent Forest troll is my favorite out of the new drawings.

#388 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,113 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

The Wood Elves dont drink Coca Cola, dont they? :D It looks like Coca Cola :D

Edited by V.Metalic, 01 November 2017 - 04:15 PM.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#389 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

A bit of fan art today:

gallery_1_247_170479.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#390 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

When you see that Scorp's posted art but its just fanart but it still looks awesome:

cFPJIl3.png

#391 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:02 AM

So I've been working on an entry for the Gwent Art Contest... I had selected a character not yet represented in Gwent and started drawing her. I was trying to feel confident about my not-exactly-amazing skills at digital painting, and it was going mostly okay. Then I did an image search for another reference pic of the character, and I saw a new result: another person's entry for the contest, of the same character, painted way better than I could ever hope to do. Feels bad man. :P I guess I'll still finish mine, but there goes that confidence, lol.

Anyway! Guess what? A new, revised version of my first novel, G4M3: Shattered Reality, is now available on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle ebook! Please have a look! I've always liked the story of G4M3, so I didn't make any significant changes to that, but a lot of my old writing made me cringe to read today, so I edited the dialogue and other writing quite a bit. I've wanted to put G4M3 on Amazon for a long time now, but I just didn't feel comfortable putting the old version up there. I think this one's better.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#392 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

Here she is!

gwent-vernossiel_small.jpg

This is fan art of a character from The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. I drew it for CD Projekt’s Gwent Art Contest. I love Gwent, the Witcher card game, almost as much as the actual Witcher trilogy. Well, okay, maybe not that much, but I do play it all the time. I doubt I stand a chance in the contest, since my sub-par digital painting skills pale in comparison to the amazing art of Gwent, but I figured it would be fun to try anyway.

Scoia’tael is my favorite faction in Gwent, so I thought I’d draw an elf character. You meet Vernossiel in The Witcher 3 during the quest “Contract: Woodland Beast”, in which the Redanian army hires you to kill whatever monster has been attacking their supply caravans. Turns out it wasn’t a monster at all, but a group of rebel elves led by Vernossiel. You can either fight them, leave them alone but tell the Redanians about them (in which case Vernossiel later attacks you for your betrayal), or wash your hands of the whole business and tell the Redanians you found nothing. I always take the last option, since a good Witcher should remain neutral in the wars of men and elves. Also because Vernossiel is pretty. Wish I could have done her more justice with my art, but the deadline sneaked up on me, and I ran out of time to tweak the picture. Oh well.

I admit there’s one thing I resent about this character though: Her brief inclusion in The Witcher 3 was a replacement for one of the coolest Witcher 2 characters, the murderous elf commando leader Iorveth. He was supposed to play a major role in Witcher 3, at least as big as the role his enemy Roche played, but CD Projekt was pressed for time and wrote him out of the game. So, the quest that would have introduced Iorveth becomes a minor contract involving Vernossiel instead. A tragedy, if you ask me.

Anyway, I’ll let you guys know when the fan voting stage of the Gwent contest is open, so hopefully you can toss me a few votes! :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#393 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Wow! I can tell your shading is getting a lot better Scorp! Did you draw all the shadows from the leaves by hand? Or create some sort of "shadow texture" layer and overlay it? Either way the effects really works.

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#394 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

Wow! I can tell your shading is getting a lot better Scorp! Did you draw all the shadows from the leaves by hand? Or create some sort of "shadow texture" layer and overlay it? Either way the effects really works.

Thanks! Yeah, I drew all the leaves & shadows by hand. The only texture brush was the dirt on the ground.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#395 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I drew all the leaves & shadows by hand. The only texture brush was the dirt on the ground.

Holy Balls that's a lot of effort. I wish I could do digital art that well.

...Can you teach me? 

#396 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

...Can you teach me? 

Hah, I wouldn't be a very good teacher. I'm still trying to learn. There are some pretty good tutorials on YouTube... not great, but good. I wish they explained things more clearly. Half the time, they just draw and say vague stuff. :P

Anyway, the Gwent art contest voting has started, so go VOTE FOR ME!

Aaaargh, seeing my art next to the other entries really drives home how oversaturated it is I KNEW i should have desaturated it aaaarrrrghhhh  :brickwall:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users