• Please log in to reply
1113 replies to this topic

#41 Gungnir

Gungnir

Admiral of the Home Fleet

• 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Dood von Doodstormer @ Feb 19 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements, but you could probably use any program. I highly recommend you use a program that is compatible with tablets, because then your pen won't be "just a mouse" and will be much more useful. There are several advantages a tablet has over a mouse, you just have to remember to use said advantages.

Yeah, I guess I forgot stuff like tilt and pressure.

I am a Defender of Victory -
What are You?

Posted Image

#42 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

MORE PICTURES HOLY SNAPPLE CAKES.

Well, actually just one but whatever.

ALPHA CENTAURI
This is how I envision the infantry in-game. Less astronutty, more kill you looking.
I'm still thinking of units to doodle for the other factions, like a scientist for the university or something.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#43 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade

The mandible was found on the Greek mainland at Pyrgos Vassiliss

• 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

i kinda like your artstyle

& cool idea, the RTS you say you're working on (; how are you gonna release it, as a ROM torrent download or something?

Categories:  Apartment buildings in Wisconsin | Buildings and structures in Milwaukee | Hospital buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in Wisconsin | National Register of Historic Places in Milwaukee

At the time of his death, he was one of the most acclaimed scientists in Europe.

#44 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Dave Greenblade @ Aug 24 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i kinda like your artstyle

& cool idea, the RTS you say you're working on (; how are you gonna release it, as a ROM torrent download or something?

Right now the team i was working on it with has pretty much dissolved. Originally it was going to be a free download, or you could pay to get a CD with a manual or something. I've not forgotten about it though, and right now I'm still working out missions and such if I can find a good crew.

That's the problem with using Game Maker, nobody stays dedicated to anything long enough. dry.gif

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#45 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade

The mandible was found on the Greek mainland at Pyrgos Vassiliss

• 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Dood von Doodstormer @ Aug 25 2009, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now the team i was working on it with has pretty much dissolved. Originally it was going to be a free download, or you could pay to get a CD with a manual or something. I've not forgotten about it though, and right now I'm still working out missions and such if I can find a good crew.

That's the problem with using Game Maker, nobody stays dedicated to anything long enough. dry.gif

aww, that sucks d:
i hope you find some interested people soon ;D

Categories:  Apartment buildings in Wisconsin | Buildings and structures in Milwaukee | Hospital buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in Wisconsin | National Register of Historic Places in Milwaukee

At the time of his death, he was one of the most acclaimed scientists in Europe.

#46 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

Need any help? :/

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#47 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

A Spartan Probe Team has sabotaged your city's water system!

Posted Image

#48 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

"It's time to RAZE THIS BARN"
"Let's CAN these CANS"
"It's HARVESTING TIME"
"Let's GET MEDIEVAL"
"Drop him like a sack of POTATOES"

Posted Image

#49 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

Damn. Now I wanna draw Resistance-Amish tongue.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#50 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

A Tal-Aktar native. I like how the coloring turned out on this one, I'll definitely do more like this.

Posted Image

#51 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

The scarecrow, a candidate for my new mascot. If he passes the trial of fire, I'll name him.

So, scarecrow? Yea or Nay?

Posted Image

#52 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

Oh and look Galactic Conquest stuff.

Posted Image

#53 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

I like Lizardman. His leg looks like it's been broken, though tongue.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#54 midzworld01

midzworld01

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

One might say he resembles a Slashrim. Very nice though. I had a tablet... It want crazy and thought that I was always holding down the right click button... when I wasn't dry.gif
Ever feel like your halfway between reality and imagination? Your in the mid-world.

Posted Image

I am a Defender of Victory -
What are You?

#55 The Blade Falcon

The Blade Falcon

Wing Commander

• 189 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

Scarecrow=Yea. I like it(him?).
Blade Falcon

My Flickr

#56 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ Sep 4 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Lizardman. His leg looks like it's been broken, though tongue.gif

Yeah, my skeleton for him didn't work out as planned, but once I figured that out it was too late to go back. >.>

QUOTE (The Blade Falcon @ Sep 4 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scarecrow=Yea. I like it(him?).

Him. wink.gif

Posted Image

#57 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

Your new art styles for your units or whatever they're for remind me of Dan Paladin's work. Idk why, its probably the hands and guns... And thats not a bad thing, either.
Old timer

#58 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Sep 4 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your new art styles for your units or whatever they're for remind me of Dan Paladin's work. Idk why, its probably the hands and guns... And thats not a bad thing, either.

Heh, thanks. Dan Paladin is awesome.

Posted Image

#59 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Why not just erase the leg and re-draw it? It's not that hard :/

In fact, it's downright easy tongue.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#60 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ Sep 4 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not just erase the leg and re-draw it? It's not that hard :/

In fact, it's downright easy tongue.gif

Because I am a lazy slob. tongue.gif

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users