• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

Your work is coming really well, especially the human faces! Great job, Werewolf!

#42 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Day 19: Another little doodle - a potion bottle with some eyeballs floating around in it. Just having a potion bottle seemed dull, so I tossed some eyeballs in.

inktober__day_19___eyeball_potion_by_mav

Day 20: A cartoony silhouette of a howling werewolf. I think this is my best out of days 15-22. This little guy turned out pretty well, all things considered.

inktober__day_20___howling_werewolf_silh

These are probably my favorite doodles that you've made so far.

Keep up the good work!

#43 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

I quite like the werewolf Werewolf. Reminds me of an old crappy werewolf drawing I once made. It's here if you want to see it Werewolf, but be warned, it's extremely ugly, with really bad anatomy. I wonder if I should do something similar to what you're doing now though, draw a lot of sketches, so I can become better. I haven't drawn for years almost. I could upload them to the forums too maybe...

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I'm still a day behind in Inktober, and frankly, what I have to offer for Day 23 is far from ideal. I couldn't seem to get anything drawn tonight, so I ended up just doodling around with some concept designs for the Wrognoth species in Nova Refuge. They're also definitely not my best wolf drawings ever, but here they are anyway.

inktober__day_23___wrognoth_concept_dood

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#45 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

Most impressive!  I haven't seen much mention of the Wrognoth, but I definitely want to learn more about them now!  It's been a while NR got some new material, and I'm glad you're still working in that beloved realm.

Also, that howling silhouette was particularly well-done in that batch of doodles, and your practice of Kye's face is quite promising, as well. 

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#46 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

I've been painfully behind in Inktober lately because my life is insane, and things only seem to get crazier. Every time I try to do something relaxing to take some time for myself, something awful happens, and then any potential free time gets destroyed, and I don't even get any extra work done. <_<

Anyway, enough fussing. I'm still not caught up in Inktober, by any means, but I'm definitely going to be drawing a lot over the next few days to make sure I hit the goal by the end of October.

First up, however, just a tiny doodle. This is some concept art for the hands of the Wrognoth again. They have paw pads on their hands, as well as retractable claws. I imagine their hands are a lot larger and more impressive than this one, but I was just messing around with what the paw pads would look like. :P I've been working on the Wrognoth a lot lately, so I may write up some more info on them soon to post just to have it out there. What's on the NR wiki is very old.

inktober__day_24___wrognoth_hand_concept

Next up, just some practice drawing human faces.

inktober__day_25___face_experiments_by_m

And lastly, something I haven't inked yet: a drawing of a very, very, very old character of mine - probably one of my oldest - a werewolf gunslinger; unnamed, but sometimes goes by Cooper. Most people just call him Wolf. Here he is in wolf-man form.

wolf_man_gunslinger_by_maverick_werewolf

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#47 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

Somehow the poncho-wearing wolfman reminds me of Ethan Maverson and Douglas Boyle :) It's by far my favorite of your latest batch of sketches/inks.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#48 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

My highlight here was definitely the gunslinger, the poncho and belt-buckle particularly stood out.  If he's hungry enough, maybe he won't bother telling the undertaker to "get three coffins ready." ;)

The Wrognoth pads were also quite intriguing.  It's cool to see how much thought you're putting into the species in your sci-fi work, as if you were cataloging existing species.  I'm sorry the past month hasn't treated you that well, but I'm glad you've still managed to grant us some outstanding art in spite of it all.

#49 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

POPULAR

I went ahead and changed the name of this thread, since I'm hoping to continue drawing and making artwork more often now that my semester is starting to (finally) wrap up. I'm going to try to find time to do a lot more sketching and inking in general, if I can.

For now, I only have one very small update to post. I was cleaning out my backpack and stumbled across this page of doodles I drew while sitting around in classrooms. They're rather old now, but here they are, anyway. :P

classroom_doodles__dec_2016_by_maverick_

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#50 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

POPULAR

It's been a good while since I posted in here, so I reckon I should toss out another update!

I didn't get as much drawing done over Christmas break as I would've liked, but that's just how it always goes. I'm working on a site update right now, but I'll go ahead and put these sketches up here for those who are interested. I don't know how much drawing I'll get done this semester with my current schedule, so this might be the only update for a good while, at least for now.

manticore_sketch__wip__by_maverick_werew

Here's a WIP manticore. Instead of giving him the more traditional human head, I went with a lion head instead, but I kept the three rows of teeth (for however much you can see it), scorpion tail, etc., though I didn't give this particular one any wings.

I'm planning to use this sketch later to experiment with some inking and shading techniques, especially since I'm not super happy with how he turned out. So if I fudge it, I won't be upset. :P

werewolf_wolf_wrognoth_head_sketch_by_ma

Here's a sketch of a werewolf. It was originally intended to be a Wrognoth from Nova Refuge, though, so it could be taken as either.

wrognoth_bust_doodle_01_by_maverick_were

A little inking I did of a Wrognoth character bust. Messing around with inks and a different style. This one was originally intended to be Jakûl, AKA Jak, a Wrognoth loner seemingly cast out from his pack, but I forgot his scars, so I guess this is his younger self. I also have no yellow ink, so he's orange here instead of blonde. :P

wrognoth_bust_doodle_02_by_maverick_were

Another Wrognoth character design doodle and experiment with ink and a different style.

wrognoth_soldier__sketch__by_maverick_we

A sketch of a Wrognoth soldier.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#51 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Good work! You're getting better at drawing!

The Wrognoth stuff is cool and all, but the Manticore is my personal favorite. :D

#52 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

Most excellent!  The Wrognoth soldier was my favorite of this bunch, I like how the simple, smooth armor seems intended to accent the wearer's fur as well give practical protection.  It definitely wears naturally on him.  The rifle? he's holding was also quite interesting, what with the curved handguard.

I also liked the manticore, even if I would have liked it better with wings.  Still, the lion part and the horrifyingly high amount of extra teeth were quite well done, and the scorpion tail was intimidating, indeed.

#53 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

Heya, fellas. So it's been ages since I updated this little thread, but now that I'm slowly trying to get things back on track (though having to move out of my place up at my university is now taking up an immense amount of my time), I figured I'd toss up an update.

Firstly, I've been practicing everything more lately... I'm messing around with traditional coloring methods instead of just using a computer. Unfortunately, the results so far are far from stellar, but here they are, anyway.

I used colored pencils for the first time since I was a small child, and colored that inked sketch of Caiden I did last October. :P

gallery_3_16_313520.jpg

(yes, I was indeed just too lazy to fix his other glove)

I've also been playing around with colored inks, so here are a few more colored drawings I did last October, in order by attempt:

gallery_3_16_139603.jpg

gallery_3_16_71929.jpg

gallery_3_16_29156.jpg

I've also been doodling and inking a few more things. Here's an inked, stylized doodle of a plague doctor, since I seem to have a weird preoccupation with those.

gallery_3_16_97518.jpg

Next up is a werewolf I sketched based on the picture of a wolf-man from the classic D&D monster manual (the original, published in like the 70s or something).

gallery_3_16_44306.jpg

And lastly, another werewolf:

gallery_3_16_341343.jpg

I'm working on some more stuff, and I plan to draw a lot more in general if I possibly can, so keep an eye out. :)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#54 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Heya, fellas. So it's been ages since I updated this little thread, but now that I'm slowly trying to get things back on track (though having to move out of my place up at my university is now taking up an immense amount of my time), I figured I'd toss up an update.

Firstly, I've been practicing everything more lately... I'm messing around with traditional coloring methods instead of just using a computer. Unfortunately, the results so far are far from stellar, but here they are, anyway.

I used colored pencils for the first time since I was a small child, and colored that inked sketch of Caiden I did last October. :P

gallery_3_16_313520.jpg

(yes, I was indeed just too lazy to fix his other glove)

Ohey dere Muscles McMusclepants.

I mean, as great as the rest of your art is (especially that last werewolf! I think it really breaks from the... but it sort of feels like most of your art is a little too... straight? Rigid? Not quite sure which term applies best, but something along those lines ^^; ) how can you not expect me to comment specifically on Caiden artwork? :P

First and foremost, I think it's safe to say you've got his musculature down to pat. I mean, look at them thar pects. However, even with those attractive curves, his pose feels a tad... rigid, for lack of a better term. Honestly, if I had the skill/experience to help you fix that I would, but whatever I end up drawing tends to have similar problems, I've found. ^^;

Though really besides his pose the rest looks great. The cape's got a great feel - maybe a tad flat, but from my own experiments getting a 3D effect is freakin' hard so I can totally understand that, especially with the effort you put elsewhere. His expression's also... well, a Caid expression. What more is there to say? ;P

Butyeah the rest of your work looks pretty great, especially the colored stuff! I will say it might help to draw more werewolves like that last portrait you did, honestly. That really breaks the rigidity that seems to afflict your other art, and I think practicing on more shapes like that could really help everything else!

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work! :D 

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#55 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

POPULAR

Gonna toss this up here real quick - I've been doing a lot more practicing and reading art books and doing tutorials lately, but the only finished drawing I have to post is a dragon. I started coloring this, but I haven't finished yet; not sure when I will, but maybe sometime soonish. I'm hoping to start drawing a lot more in general starting very soon, so if all goes well I'll have more things to post periodically.

gallery_3_16_283720.jpg

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

I'm trying to do a drawing a day - or at least every other day.

I managed to finish this guy late this evening. He is Agni Bloodrune, an important NPC in the upcoming Errant campaign. Hopefully I'll have the sign-up thread for that posted sometime really soon.

gallery_3_16_406640.jpg

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

A bit more practice. First one was kind of a speed-sketch on a day when I was actually too busy; still used tutorials for that one. Used no tutorials for the second drawing, which is one I did today as a birthday present to Ambad (he asked for a munchkin dragon).

gallery_3_16_183514.jpg

gallery_3_16_177245.jpg

I was hoping to draw Captain America with the American flag today for Flag Day, but I never found the time. Ah well.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

I LOVE MY ADORABLE MUNCHKIN BIRTHDAY DRAGON! <3

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#59 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

A digitally colored version of the World of Warcraft troll I sketched and inked late last year.

world_of_warcraft___troll_warrior__color

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Quick mid-week update:

sketch___viking_longship_by_maverick_wer

A Viking longship drawn for my current Errant campaign, Delving Too Deep.

dying_light___kyle_crane_werewolf_by_mav

A werewolf Kyle Crane, the protagonist of Dying Light.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users