• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

At first, when I saw the whip, I thought it was a tail and that this was a view of the monster's back. Then I saw the head. Really nice Werewolf. Or, wait, is it a tail, that's reaching around to the front?

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#22 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:39 PM

POPULAR

At first, when I saw the whip, I thought it was a tail and that this was a view of the monster's back. Then I saw the head. Really nice Werewolf. Or, wait, is it a tail, that's reaching around to the front?

Thanks! And it's actually a demonic tendril coming out of the bottom of his wrist. :P

I couldn't seem to draw anything new tonight, so I inked a sketch I drew about a year or more ago of a beetle beastman from Wulfgard.

inktober__day_11___beetle_beastman_by_ma

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#23 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

Man, the dung balls he could roll up!

For reals tho! He's sick! Okay, so - Dwarves raise beetles... would these guys still be hostile to dwarves or shorta amiable?

emily-blunt.gif

#24 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

POPULAR

For reals tho! He's sick! Okay, so - Dwarves raise beetles... would these guys still be hostile to dwarves or shorta amiable?

Thanks! And, the beetle-folk don't really associate themselves with the khepridnir in any way; they're all separate creatures. The beetle beastmen are like most beastfolk in that they just want to be left alone. They have no particular feelings about dwarves either way.

Frankly, I don't at all like the way tonight's Inktober turned out. It was originally part of a much larger piece of a hydra fighting some warriors; the characters didn't turn out, so I drew a generic knight instead, and then I overinked and messed up my perspective... need to practice with action poses more. Anyway, this was all I got done tonight. Going to keep trying.

inktober__day_12___unfinished_hydra_vs__

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#25 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

Well, I'll admit the knight didn't turn out super well (but hey, it's better than my scribbles), but the hydra head (and neck, even if it looks a tad misshapen close to the head) turned amazing! I really don't think over-inking was a problem here, buuut I'm hardly an artist, so I can't really say, I suppose. ^^

I really hope you get the chance to try a similar picture sometime to see if you can smooth things out a little more. I think this could turn out even greater than you managed, with just a bit more practice. :D

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#26 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:01 PM

Thanks! And, the beetle-folk don't really associate themselves with the khepridnir in any way; they're all separate creatures. The beetle beastmen are like most beastfolk in that they just want to be left alone. They have no particular feelings about dwarves either way.

Ah, gotcha!

But like dude, that drawing! That is seriously sick! I really love how it turned out! I would love to see you try again for the full size because man-o-man, delicious!

emily-blunt.gif

#27 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:42 PM

Well I like it. You have a kind of Tolkien-ish style going on at the moment with your kind of rough edges. Very "illustrative" or however you describe such things. Plus it's good to draw almost every day. I was told my professional artists that you need to draw several sketches preferably every single day, for more more than 2-3 hours a day often. That's a great way to practise. Just fill out the notepads and sketch books. You are on the right track!
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#28 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Thanks, guys! :D I really appreciate all the comments.

Just a quick heads-up that I don't have access to a scanner this weekend (which is a 3-day weekend for me, kind of including tonight), but I'm going to keep drawing and post all my work in a consolidated update when I can scan them.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#29 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

Ah, there's that beetle-man again!  :)  I remember being so proud when you first got him completed and then ended up adding color.  Glad to see you revisiting old art too, though the influx of new pieces is good practice for you and enjoyable for us to see.

That action piece is also quite nicely done, though that knight looks a bit more like he's regretting the choices that brought him to that point.  :D  "Perhaps I canst still reload mine previous saved game, methinks."  The hydra head definitely stood out, though, with its horrifying maw and such. 

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#30 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

inktober__day_12___unfinished_hydra_vs__

This is actually a rare picture of a Giant Snake Denstist.

Jokes aside, I actually appreciate your art style now that Capulet alluded to it having a Tolkein-like style (which is actually true if you've seen any of his drawings). I hope we'll see some more of it soon!

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

POPULAR

Still got some catching up to do, but here are some of the drawings I did over the weekend.

First up, a simple little classic Halloween witch:

inktober__day_13___classic_halloween_wit

Next up, a sketch of Flynn Rider/Eugene from Tangled:

tangled___flynn_rider_eugene_sketch_by_m

And the inked version of Eugene:

inktober__day_14___flynn_rider_eugene_by

That's all for now! I may be a little slow catching up, but hopefully I'll get back into the rhythm soon.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

This is actually a rare picture of a Giant Snake Denstist.

Jokes aside, I actually appreciate your art style now that Capulet alluded to it having a Tolkein-like style (which is actually true if you've seen any of his drawings). I hope we'll see some more of it soon!

I've never been confused with authority. Thank you :P But it's true. Did you ever read Letters from Father Christmas though? The style of the Tolk's drawings there tend to be a bit different, much more detailed and richly-colored. It is very beautiful. The letters too. The book is one of my two all-time favorite christmas books, the other being A Christmas Carol.

Nice Eugene by the way Wolfy. Are you planning on drawing Maximus too?
Lukas S.

#33 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

Thanks. Frankly, the sketch (not so much the inking) is probably my favorite thing I've ever drawn, especially his face and head in general. I'm finally actually a little proud of something I drew. :lol:

As for Maximus, uh, maybe someday, but he's not too high on my priority list. Eugene is, after all, the one I'm in love with. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#34 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Well I know you read my Flynn comment on Facebook, sooo I'll just add comments for the inkings. Namely the witch, which I lurv (that shading reminds me of that illustration style that... admittedly is only ever used in kids' books, it seems. Which sounds like an insult now that I'm reading this on interwebs. Point is that's a charming addition to the sketch and I lurv it :P ).

I can see why you were put off by the inking job you did with Flynn, but I will say that besides his eyebrows and goatee it looks really, really great! I'm sure with some practice you can iron out how to ink in that facial hair. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#35 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

Outstanding work on that Flynn drawing, Wolfy!  I'd even go so far as to call it my new favorite in this thread.  Well done!

#36 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

Both the sketch and inking are giggity-glamming awesome!

'it looks really, really stinking, totally, epic and amazing!'

'Outstanding'  'Well done!' 'fantaboulous' 'gorgeous'

Well these two blokes summed it up nicely so... I really can't add anything - But keep it up!

emily-blunt.gif

#37 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

Thanks so much, guys! :D I know I've said it before, but I really appreciate the comments.

Unfortunately, however, life is kicking me in the teeth right now, so I'm getting behind in Inktober and I don't know when I'll get to catch up. :( I'm hoping to start drawing at least during one of my classes during Tuesdays and Thursdays, if I can swing it. Otherwise, it may be a while before I get to do more. I'm behind in my research, reading, writing (academic writing, not fun writing I actually want to do, although I'm sorely behind in that as well), translations (works in two very different languages), meetings, grading... I pretty much have zero time to myself.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#38 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:38 PM

I'M CATCHING UP ON INKTOBER, Y'ALL because that's how I roll

I'm doing lots of little doodles tonight. I won't get to scan them until tomorrow, though, and probably in the evening. I'm pretty much going to have to resort to smaller drawings and doodles now instead of attempting more elaborate things like that Eugene sketch.

That means I'm also taking suggestions, if anyone cares to toss any out there. Remember to keep it simple - I want to keep drawing, but I can't dedicate too much time to it right now, unfortunately. If you want some examples of just what I mean by "simple," I'll have some up here tomorrow night. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#39 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear about your schedule, but I'm glad you're finding time to keep drawing and having fun.  Lord knows you'll need the outlet after that kind of exertion.

As far as suggestions for doodles, you know I'm easily entertained by weapons and armor, even if they're just sitting there, looking pretty.  Should be good practice for geometric shapes and shading, maybe even perspective.  Ooh, or maybe more heraldic-style drawings, like the logo for your new website!  Would those be too complicated? 

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

POPULAR

Finally posting an update here! Took me long enough. I'm afraid all of these can't be called anything but doodles, but there's at least one that I'm actually a little proud of, despite its flaws. :P Hopefully I can get back on track now and do some bigger art pieces, but I'm not sure, so bear with me if the doodles continue. This weekend looks like a busy one for me, so... We'll see. But moving on:

Days 15-17 are attempts to draw Kye's face, which are really attempts to improve my drawing of human faces/heads (even if Kye is technically only half human :P ). Too bad none of these came out actually looking like Kye, but effort was made. Going to practice with him some more really soon.

inktober__days_15_17___kye_face_attempts

Day 18: Just a tentacle! Not much to see. I drew this by a suggestion from a friend. It's kind of an in-joke.

inktober__day_18___tentacle_by_maverick_

Day 19: Another little doodle - a potion bottle with some eyeballs floating around in it. Just having a potion bottle seemed dull, so I tossed some eyeballs in.

inktober__day_19___eyeball_potion_by_mav

Day 20: A cartoony silhouette of a howling werewolf. I think this is my best out of days 15-22. This little guy turned out pretty well, all things considered.

inktober__day_20___howling_werewolf_silh

Day 21 - The Nerd Herd logo from the TV show Chuck, which you need to watch if you haven't.

inktober__day_21___nerd_herd_logo__chuck

Day 22: An attempt to draw a Chris Redfield face/head. Didn't turn out too well, but there it is.

inktober__day_22___chris_redfield_by_mav

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users