NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official Wulfgard Q&A Topic

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
1043 replies to this topic

#1041 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Does Wulfgard have an afterlife? I.e. what happens after death? Or is that an unknown that you're not planning on revealing?

Every individual has a soul that lives on after the death of their body. The fate of that soul varies. Some might linger in the mortal world, due to a curse or some other powerful force. Most hope to pass to some afterlife or another, usually by proving themselves worthy to the gods they follow. The Achaeans believe they will go before a panel of judges in the Underworld, to end up in either Elysium, the Asphodel Fields, or Tartarus. Those in Kemhet believe that upon death, their heart will be weighed against a feather, and if their heart is heavy with sin, then it will be devoured by Ammit and destroyed forever - otherwise, they will pass into the immortal afterlife in the paradise of Aaru. Nordlings hope to die a heroic death so that the Valkyries may judge them worthy to pass to Valahalla, where they will feast and fight until the coming of Ragnarok and the end of all things. Otherwise, they will end up in Hel.

Those souls forsaken by all the gods and judges of the afterlife usually fall into the clutches of the Demon Lords, depending on their most prominent vice in life. A particularly greedy man, who hoarded wealth without compassion for the less fortunate, might fall under the dominion of Baal, while a traitor who betrayed the trust of his brethren might find himself in the realm of Orcus. The Demon Lords torture these souls for eternity, using their power to fuel their endless wars, for the demon who possesses more souls has greater power.

These are the generally accepted beliefs, though of course the exact nature of the afterlife and the soul remain mysterious, especially to most mortal beings in the world of the living... at least, until they die.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#1042 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

But where's my helmet at, though

• Nova Patron
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

1. No. The runes are just one necessary component of a larger ritual undergone by a person. If the runes did work by themselves and work on armor, it would be impossible to get the magic back out, anyway, and the armor would just explode with extreme magical power, kill the wearer, and kill anything nearby.

I should have clarified by saying Void Iron Armor (Regular armor wouldn't provide much protection against magic anyway), as I have doodled a potential character being able to do this.

Though this does raise the question of whether or not magic actually can destroy Void Iron. :D

#1043 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

I should have clarified by saying Void Iron Armor (Regular armor wouldn't provide much protection against magic anyway), as I have doodled a potential character being able to do this.

Though this does raise the question of whether or not magic actually can destroy Void Iron. :D

Other than the runes being part of a ritual that must be undergone by a person (and thus can't be done to an object, like armor), void iron would still never be capable of doing something like that, even in theory, because of the way the metal works.

Void iron does not "absorb" magic in the manner of "absorbing and storing," nor is it possible for it to do such a thing. Void iron literally dissipates the magic. Any magic that comes within an inch or so of void iron disappears from this very realm and into nothingness, hence "void."

So, no, magic can't destroy void iron, because it is completely incapable of touching it. ;) With the exception of Divine magic, which can affect void iron, but that's very rarely offensive, anyway.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#1044 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

There are a lot of elements of Void Iron lore that remain mysterious. No one knows exactly how it works or how it came to be, and only the dwarves know where and how to mine it, and how to safely forge it into armor, and they keep these secrets closely guarded. It is theorized that Void Iron is "left over" from the creation of the world, and it may be connected to the endless black Abyss (aka Chaos or Ginnungagap) that has existed since before even the gods.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users