Photo

Review Warrior Born, Win a Prize! (also: decal sale!)

Nova Refuge Books

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hey guys! As you've probably heard by now, Warrior Born is available on Amazon.com in both paperback and digital eBook formats: http://www.amazon.co...7NVG3WX6PD22YK5

But there's a problem - I have no reviews! I know many of you here have read the book, either the new Amazon version(s) or the original printing still available through my website. So I encourage all of you to post a review on Amazon when you find time. Unless I'm mistaken, you do not need to buy the book from Amazon to review it there. So if you read one of my original copies, you can still write a review.

And of course, if you haven't bought the book yet, there's no time like the present! It's currently just $9.99 for the digital version and $18.31 for the paperback on Amazon!

To further encourage you, I'm offering a chance to win a little prize! Anyone who submits a review may opt to be entered into a random drawing to win all of the following goodies:

wb_review_promo.png

• A small signed art print (size to be determined - but probably no bigger than 8x10") of a Nova Refuge drawing of your choice.
  • Warrior Born bookmark, signed on back.
  • Your choice of $10 worth of Nova Refuge decals from my shop.

To make the last prize a little better, I've slashed the prices of nearly all Nova Refuge decals! Especially the big army packs, which have been reduced by almost half. Check 'em out!

How to Enter the Drawing:

Just post a reply to this thread specifying which review on Amazon is yours, or if you don't want to announce this publicly, then send me a private message instead. Yes, a forum account is required in order to enter, so that I can keep up with who's who. I may also give forum medals to everyone who enters a review. I haven't decided yet. :P

(NOTE: I reserve the right to reject any entries, especially if I suspect you haven't actually read the book.)

Deadline: I will randomly draw the winner on March 31, so get your entry in before then. Hopefully that's enough time to read the book, if you haven't. Thanks!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Heck, I'd review it for you with out the incentive prize. ... But I do love my forum medals. I'll do it when I get home from work.

Done and done. It's getting "processed" but it'll be there soon.

emily-blunt.gif

#3 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

I reviewed on our family's Amazon account. The name on my review is "John CiminellI". Like Amarok said though, I'm just happy to review it for its own sake, not just to get some prize. It lets me get some practice done on my media-consumption skills :P

Not to mention you deserve a lot of praise for the book. I really need to go through it again. Still hoping for an audiobook someday though so I can listen to it while I build Lego. ;)

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#4 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Thanks, guys. It makes the Amazon page look much better, and of course I enjoy reading the feedback too. I really appreciate it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#5 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

Will there be any sort of deadline for the "prize" I wonder?

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#6 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

Will there be any sort of deadline for the "prize" I wonder?

Scorp said April 15th right near the end of his post. :P

emily-blunt.gif

#7 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

Ah, an excellent opportunity!  I might just need to read the book again, though, just to make sure that I can offer an accurate perspective.  I'll try to at least get a preliminary draft ready as soon as I can.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#8 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Ah, an excellent opportunity!  I might just need to read the book again, though, just to make sure that I can offer an accurate perspective.  I'll try to at least get a preliminary draft ready as soon as I can.

Damn I should too, but I don't have much time to read at school anymore. Should be a nice nostalgia trip!

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Damn I should too, but I don't have much time to read at school anymore. Should be a nice nostalgia trip!

For the record, you guys don't need to write really long & detailed reviews. Even just one or two sentences would be fine. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#10 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

Oh...well, in that case, I'll go take care of that now!

Edit: My review has been submitted for processing.  I'm still going to reread the book, though, just because.  XD

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#11 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Thanks, Lord Capulet! I'm definitely on your side against the Montagues.

UPDATE!: Due to the relative lack of response, I've decided to shorten the time for this little contest and reward everyone who has pitched in so far. Because you guys clearly deserve it the most.

Rokky? Sim? Cappy? You are all entitled to a prize package. If you want it, just shoot me a PM or an email containing your address, a list of the NR decals you'd like, and which image from here you'd like printed and signed. If you aren't interested in a particular part of the prize for some reason (like the decals), just say so and I'll leave that out.

The new deadline for entry into the prize drawing is March 31. If no one else enters before then, the drawing is canceled. If only one person enters, they automatically get the prize.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#12 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Didn't see this topic until just now, but I just submitted my review, the names Dylan. Really enjoying the book so far Scorp, can't wait for the Wulfgard comic!

Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

And so Trik Toral claims the last prize! I'll PM you about it soon, Trik.

Big thanks to all of you who responded. You guys are the best guys.

Thread closed, but of course anyone who wants to review WB on Amazon is still welcome and appreciated. :)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#14 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

Mailing a few things out today...

aD4UOd2.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users