• Please log in to reply
825 replies to this topic

#41 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

First: did they have to to steal the awesome theme from one of my favorite movies? Second: I have had it with these mother obscenity jungle-men throwing mother obscenity tea parties!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

More importantly, why is there a Tarzan movie? Don't go in here and try to spoil my Disney movies!

You know there are more than 200 Tarzan movies, right? :P

It's a very popular story, and the Disney movie is a pretty terrible adaptation of it. They practically turned the entire story on its head, turning heroes into villains and villains into heroes. And made Tarzan look like a weirdo who surfs down tree limbs, which might be the dumbest thing ever.

...err, sorry. I guess I still hold a grudge against that movie since my mom is a huge fan of the books and read a bunch of them to me when I was a kid, and I was seriously disappointed in Disney for screwing it up so badly. :P It was the start of a dark decade for the company...

Anyway, I have no real opinion about this new one. Looks pretty meh.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#43 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:55 PM

Good god that looks dull, can we just get a super cut of the Cristoph Waltz parts? I really like him.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#44 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

I actually think this new Tarzan movie looks good. Not sure why there always needs to be this colonial army group/expeditionary force; also featured in this Tarzan film (which was pretty good in the first half but then really went downhill in the second half) when that barely shares any resemblance with what was in the book. There were a few oddities in the trailer, but seems like it will at least try to follow the story arc of the novel, which btw is one of my favorite books.

#45 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

I remember liking the Tarzan TV show that Disney had back when I was a kid.

That's sort of the extent of my experience with Tarzan. 

Yeah, this film isn't looking all that exciting.

Yeah.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#46 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:12 AM

Anyway, I have no real opinion about this new one. Looks pretty meh.

Just like most of the movies like this.

#47 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

It's a very popular story, and the Disney movie is a pretty terrible adaptation of it. They practically turned the entire story on its head, turning heroes into villains and villains into heroes. And made Tarzan look like a weirdo who surfs down tree limbs, which might be the dumbest
BESTEST thing ever.

Fixed it for you Scorpy.

ae3b5e82c1361061e271adc6a63aebb9.jpg

Sure, it's not realistic, but it's really fun to watch. :)

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#48 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Sure, it's not realistic, but it's really fun to watch. :)

Agreed.

Honestly, I'm not really too interested in the plot for this upcoming movie, but the parts where he's swinging and jumping and punching stuff look really cool.

But really, what's with them using the Halo: Forward Unto Dawn theme, guys?

gTAoKX.gif

#49 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,154 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

But really, what's with them using the Halo: Forward Unto Dawn theme, guys?

Lots of the epic-sounding music gets re-used in trailers at some point or another, if the companies can secure the rights to it. A lot of LotR music has been used in movie trailers. And I remember hearing the amazing theme to Oblivion (2013) in a trailer for some shoddy-looking flick - it was the only thing about the trailer that got my attention. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#50 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

I kind of want to see it. Not because I like Tarzano or anything, but because its got Sam Jackson and Cristoph Waltz, which I always enjoy their acting.

mudkip.png

#51 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

I didn't like the last one, and I was planning on just ignoring the sequel.
...but, um, it actually looks fun?

?????

gTAoKX.gif

#52 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

I'll be watching the trailer tonight after work. I will weigh in then.

I have not seen the first one because it looked like total garbage. I'm not opposed to the sequel though--but dammit, I hate those designs.

#53 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

Watched the trailer. The music sucks. Apparently they are going to recreate the snow scene but on a river this time. Megan Fox is actually shown stripping in the trailer because what else is Megan Fox good for. Mikey still rubs me the wrong way. 

To be honest, I don't think I can summon the energy to be super mad about it this time. The turtles are still fugly, but this movie at least seems to be a bit campier compared to the first with its more "serious" tone. Casey looks about right, as do Bebop and Rocksteady. The CG looks fairly spotty, especially when Rocksteady runs, but there is benefit to be had in that the turtles are motion captured. There seemed to be a shredder-esque character who was actually Asian, so yay. Plus, they have the Shellraiser, and looks like a grimdark version of the one from the 2012 cartoon, so at least they are taking inspiration from something good.

I can see the toys now. 

I still hate their designs though. Honestly, the fact that they dress differently and such doesn't really bug me--it's their faces. They just...don't...look right. Ever. TMNT, at its core, is a stupid, campy idea. There isn't an ounce of realism in it. So why bother putting any in their designs? Bebop and Rocksteady look way more cartoony compared to the turtles. Why can't our heroes be cartoony too? They aren't cool, they are just ugly. Give me this anyday:

tmnt_2012.jpg

At least it's more colorful. It doesn't look so grimdark. It seems sillier and a bit more self-aware. Maybe it'll be an improvement? I dunno.

I'll probably stick with the TV show. Which you guys should all watch. They're in space now. There's a space shark that rides a robot rocket space shark. There's a robot voiced by David Tennant. Iago's voice actor is there too. Raph is voiced by Sam from Lord of the Rings. I'm pretty sure some Star Trek characters are doing voices, as is at least one from Mass Effect. They stabbed a character on screen. There's actual stakes and consequences for actions. There's an overarching plot. Mikey isn't creepy. It's actually funny.

Did I mention the space shark?

tmnt-the-outlaw-armaggon-1280jpg-9b3ed4_

#54 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

Leo's space suit doesn't work, that has to be enclosed. Leo stop that you don't know how to space.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#55 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

For a turtle, his knowledge of the finer points of operating in vacuum are surprisingly poor.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#56 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

Technically, the first time they got the suits, the Fugitoid said it creates a kind of air pocket around his body to protect him from space. 

THERE. PLOT HOLE SOLVED.

Guys, he's a turtle in space we can't exactly expect it to be Bill Nye approved. 

#57 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,176 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

I may have mentioned once or twice, or at every possible chance I get, that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one of my favourite movies ever. Shane Black's first movie as director, after being the screenwriter for all of the best buddy cop action movies ever made; it's directly responsible for putting RDJ back in the Hollywood spotlight and getting him cast as Iron Man. It's absolutely brilliant and I love it and you guys should all watch it right now if you haven't already.

Anyway, Shane Black has a new movie, and it's a buddy cop action movie that looks like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2 in the '70s and I can't wait:

EDIT - Y'know what, I'm going to linkerise the trailer instead because it's about as far from SSLF-friendly as you can get. But do watch it, though, because it looks really good!

Also, maybe it'd help if I mentioned the title: The Nice Guys. Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling, coming in 2016.

I'm giddy like a schoolgirl.  Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was such a perfect movie in every way.

Please don't suck like IM3.

lWZ8e6F.png

#58 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

RDJ can Kiss Kiss Bang Bang me anyday.

That Tarzan movie is... interesting, though, if only for the cast. I'll probably go see that.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#59 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

So this happened: http://screenrant.co...enneth-branagh/

I'm listening through the Audiobooks of the series right now, and I have one thing to say:

If this movie turns into one of those horrible, trashy book-to-movie adaptions...

#60 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

Why.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users