NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wulfgard in Baldur's Gate II (and other vidja gaemz)

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Yeah, I don't have a lot of screenshots right now (since I'm mostly trying to remake a lot of the old characters I had in games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate and stuff), but I have a few old ones...

For example, here's Tom and Magnus in The Temple of Elemental Evil. Wow, what a boring game... I started it a LONG flipping time ago, and I still haven't finished the thing. By the way, I somehow managed to get absolutely outstanding stats for both of these guys without really re-rolling over 10 times. No, I'm not kidding. Tom has two 18's, one 17, and quite a few 16's, for example.
Anyway, here they are, you know who's who:

Also, here's my BG Tutu party when they were in their fairly early levels (I'm nearly done re-playing the game and the expansion pack with these guys now and they're all nearly max level; I'm sure they will be before I'm done with the game)... and no, these stats are NOT hacked in any way AT ALL.
Tom
Magnus
Kye (yes, I know his portrait isn't really the best in the world, don't say a word or I'll smack you)
Maegan
Jhyvarr (you don't know who that is yet)
Surandil
And I'm sure you all already know that Tom has my custom complied Tom Cruise voiceset, Magnus has my custom compiled Tom Selleck voiceset, and I imported the Typical Fighter voiceset from NWN to use for Kye.

I'll post more screenies later, and maybe even some of the NWN builds I might make for each of the characters, and also some new and improved versions of my LotF party in games like BG and stuff.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

My party for Baldur's Gate, also needs a complete overhaul too...

But for the sake of nostalgia, here they are, on my... fifth? sixth playthrough of Throne of Bhaal, where I had just remade them... they all have their own special voicesets, and if Wofly can make that list of things the chars say, I can fill it out.

Seen in the V formation, and ALL of them are supposed to be Bhaalspawn.

At the tip of the V, is Kalvok, wearing... iDunno, I'd have to go back and check, but all his equipment gave him mad stats, as you'll see later. This is what he looks like BEFORE he turns pure evil, and becomes The Marauder.

Directly to the left of Kalvok, is Sarevok, wearing his original Baldur's Gate attire via a mod, he even has his sword, which can cut through anything, I even pitted him against Kalvok, just for the sake of it, Sarevok put Kal through the blender... ouch.

To the right of Kalvok, is that creepy woman, from my original party, Yuthurah, good at summoning, oh, and she kicked Firkraag's behind all by her lonesome, thanks to the trusty spells.

The the left of Sarevok is an Assassin, Eintur, he's probably the bleakest one, his back story is supposed to be full of torture, and slavery...

To the right of Yuthurah, is the sadistic elf, T'elel, probably the best ranged fighter, and he's got a boatload of useful spells, without him, I probably wouldn't have beaten Yaga-Shura.

Skulking at the back, is probably the oldest character I've had, since the first Baldur's Gate, Nihilus, complete with toilet flushing voiceset, he's a berserker, and if you had the volume turned up as he dies, you might not be able to hear for a while.

And for that screenshot of Kalvok, so you can see his stats...

I think he was wearing special gauntlets to give him that strength, as for the rest... I REALLY don't know, but I do know it's the equipment he's wearing, the armor and helmet plays a HUGE part. The sword too I think...
Posted Image

#3 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

Give me a link to the Sarevok normal cool armor mod. Knao.

#4 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Joker @ May 24 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give me a link to the Sarevok normal cool armor mod. Knao.

Erm, I clicked one of those links to Mod sites on Scorp's gaming page, I found the mod on one of those. You can only change his name and voiceset, it's still pwnsome.
Posted Image

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

Okay, here's the voicelists for my two custom voicesets... at least, as they are right now. I'm gonna work on a lot of 'em soon and try to finish them, if I can... especially Magnus's.

Here's Tom's voiceset:
Battle Cry - "They're dead, they're all DEAD!" (Mission: Impossible)
Becoming Leader - "Why don't you just let me make the big decisions, okay?" (War of the Worlds)
Tired - "It's time to go home and try to get some sleep tonight." (A Few Good Men)
Bored - "Hello?" (Jerry Maguire)
Badly Wounded - "God... HELP me!" (Jerry Maguire)
Selected 1
Selected 2
Selected 3
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "Is that all?" (A Few Good Men)
Action Acknowledgement 2 - "Okay." (Jerry Maguire)
Action Acknowledgement 3 - "Wouldn't have it any other way." (Mission: Impossible)
Being Hit - [Screaming from the explosive charge in his head] (Mission: Impossible III)
Dying - "NOOOOOOO!!!" (The Last Samurai)
In Forest
In City
In Dungeon
Daytime
Nighttime
Action Acknowledgement 4
Action Acknowledgement 5
Action Acknowledgement 6
Action Acknowledgement 7
Reaction to Party Member Death - "I will miss our conversations." (The Last Samurai)
Rare Select 1
Rare Select 2
Critical Hit Given - "Pretty impressive, huh?" (A Few Good Men)
Critical Miss - "Let's try it again!" (A Few Good Men)
Target Immune - "What is this sh*t!?" (Days of Thunder)
Inventory Full -
Successfully Picked A Pocket - "Show me the money!" (Jerry Maguire)
Successfully Hid In shadows - "Pretty impressive, huh?" (A Few Good Men)
Spell Disrupted - "Let's try it again!" (A Few Good Men)
Set A Trap - "Pretty impressive, huh?" (A Few Good Men)
Battle Cry 2
Battle Cry 3
Selected 6
Action Acknowledgement 8

Here's Magnus's voiceset:
Battle Cry
Becoming Leader
Tired
Bored - "What are you doing!?" (Magnum, p.i.)
Badly Wounded - "Gaahhh... eughh..." (Magnum, p.i.)
Selected 1 - "Hi, guy." (Magnum, p.i.)
Selected 2 - "You want something?" (Magnum, p.i.)
Selected 3 - "I know what you're thinking." (Magnum, p.i.)
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "Okay." (Magnum, p.i.)
Action Acknowledgement 2 -
Action Acknowledgement 3 -
Being Hit - "Gah!" (Magnum, p.i.)
Dying - "NOOOOOOO!!!" (Magnum, p.i.)
In Forest
In City
In Dungeon
Daytime
Nighttime
Action Acknowledgement 4
Action Acknowledgement 5
Action Acknowledgement 6
Action Acknowledgement 7
Reaction to Party Member Death
Rare Select 1 - "You are a worthless human being." (Magnum, p.i.)
Rare Select 2 - "Shut! Up!" (Magnum, p.i.)
Critical Hit Given
Critical Miss
Target Immune
Inventory Full
Successfully Picked A Pocket
Successfully Hid In shadows
Spell Disrupted
Set A Trap
Battle Cry 2
Battle Cry 3
Selected 6 - "Hi, guy." (Magnum, p.i.)
Action Acknowledgement 8

Note that ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR THE VOICESETS WOULD BE APPRICIATED! Such as quote suggestions for me to record and put into their voicesets.
Also, expect me to begin working on some others... tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

Brilliant! Time for mine, these need some touching up, it's from video games, I think Kalvok was from Soul Caliber, T'elel was from an older game, I forget what Eintur's was from...

here's the normal Kalvok (and by normal, I mean just a sadistic evil guy) :

Battle Cry - "It looks as though I may have to kill you!"
Becoming Leader - "Everyone will feel my power!"
Tired - "I need some rest"
Bored - "Standing about when there's work to be done?"
Badly Wounded - "I refuse to die here!"
Selected 1 - "What is it you wish?"
Selected 2 - "You require me?"
Selected 3 - "Let me cover these lands in blood!"
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "You will run in fear! "
Action Acknowledgement 2 - "Allow me to teach you the meaning of true fear"
Action Acknowledgement 3 - "Let the power of my words, sink into your soul"
Being Hit - "Ugh"
Dying - "GAAAAAAAAAH!"
Reaction to Party Member Death - "FOOL!"
Critical Hit Given - "You will have a taste of my power!"
Critical Miss - "Bah!"
Target Immune - "It doesn't work!"

And here's Kalvok as The Marauder (His voice becomes dual, his normal voice and a dark satanic voice alongside it, he's also a REALLY evil guy, that sometimes turns on his party members, no really, he flies off into berserker rages sometimes, that's when Sarevok gets pwned):

Battle Cry - "You who stand against me, prepare to die!"
Becoming Leader - "Everyone will feel my power!"
Tired - "I need to rest"
Bored - "Standing about when there's work to be done?"
Badly Wounded - "I refuse to die here!"
Selected 1 - "What is it you wish?"
Selected 2 - "You require the aid my power?"
Selected 3 - "Let me cover these lands in darkness!"
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "You will run for you lives!"
Action Acknowledgement 2 - "Allow me to teach you true terror!"
Action Acknowledgement 3 - "Let a little power of hell, sink into your soul"
Being Hit - "Ugh"
Dying - "GAAAAAAAAAH!"
Reaction to Party Member Death - "FOOL!"
Critical Hit Given - "You will have a taste of my power!"
Critical Miss - "Bah!"
Target Immune - "It doesn't work!"

Here's T'elel:

Battle Cry - "Watch your step, for your life hangs in the balance!"
Becoming Leader - "Now we do things MY way!"
Tired - "All this work tires me..."
Bored - "Why do we wait here?"
Badly Wounded - "No you will not have my life!"
Selected 1 - "Need something?"
Selected 2 - "What is it you need?"
Selected 3 - "Time to show you how it's really done"
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "Now things will be done."
Action Acknowledgement 2 - "It shall be done"
Action Acknowledgement 3 - "Time to work"
Being Hit - "Arrgh!"
Dying - "NO! I will... not..."
Reaction to Party Member Death - "A bad waste of good talent!"
Critical Hit Given - "Ha!"
Critical Miss - "What?!"
Target Immune - "My weapon does not work?"

And finaly, here's Eintur:

Battle Cry - "It is time for me to fulfill my destiny!"
Becoming Leader - "My destiny calls me!"
Tired - "I need to stop for a moment"
Bored - "My destiny will not come to pass whilst we wait here."
Badly Wounded - "I will not bend to anyone's will!"
Selected 1 - "Seeking my assistance?"
Selected 2 - "My destiny is down this road"
Selected 3 - "Time to fulfill my duties"
Action Acknowledgement 1 - "Ah, time to carry out my duty"
Action Acknowledgement 2 - "If it must be done..."
Action Acknowledgement 3 - "It's time..."
Being Hit - "No!"
Dying - "This cannot be!"
Reaction to Party Member Death - "What a idiot."
Critical Hit Given - "This is my destiny!"
Critical Miss - "Impossible!"
Target Immune - "How is this possible?"

Edited by MS_DOS, 01 July 2008 - 08:31 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:10 AM

So, um, these guys are your Wylfgard characters...? tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#8 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, Kalvok is supposed to become corrupted by somone, or something, possibly a Deity during his travels, and he becomes the Marauder, a semi-immortal, encased in a black suit of spiny armor, he grows stronger when he's near death, by 'feeding' off the dying essences... so he constantly follows war, battle and death.

Eintur and T'elel are the only two who stay with him, Nihilus is supposed to leave, and Yuthurah turns against him trying to take the essence from him, and he kills her and feeds from her death.

Edited by MS_DOS, 24 May 2008 - 05:17 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ May 24 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, I clicked one of those links to Mod sites on Scorp's gaming page, I found the mod on one of those. You can only change his name and voiceset, it's still pwnsome.

What do you mean by changing voice and name? I can see he's wearing the armor! Or do you mean that when you install the mod he's automaticlly only using his armor and his sword and you can't remove it?

How many - is his armor? -20? tongue.gif

#10 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Joker @ May 25 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean by changing voice and name? I can see he's wearing the armor! Or do you mean that when you install the mod he's automaticlly only using his armor and his sword and you can't remove it?

How many - is his armor? -20? tongue.gif

Well, if you install the mod, it has a BG II save, where you start in Irenicus' Dungeon, with Sarevok, free from his cage. You can import him into other games after that. His armor is unequippable, and his sprite has a sword attached to it, but it's not a real sword. You can only change his voiceset, and his name if you use him in another game.
Posted Image

#11 Grath

Grath

'Cause I rock

• Nova Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hey Dos for Kalvok modeled after Darth Bane in some way because his voice set looks like some quotes from the book and his picture. Good characters Wolfy can't help you with the voice set at all though only watched one episode of Magnum P.I. in my life and have see some Crusie(sp) moives though.

Edited by Grath, 26 May 2008 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I am a Grimm's Army Mercenary -
What are You?

#12 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

Nah, Kalvok's portrait is just a modified pic of Darth Bane, with the glowing red eyes. His voicesets are ones I downloaded, from one of the Soul Calibre games.
Posted Image

#13 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

Geez, I recently have cleaned up the dust from my Neverwinter Nights DVD box, just so my friend and I could play something, and God... it's like the days of old. It was my like first RPG game, I bought it when I was 8-9 years old... And now my friend showed up so we are playing the original campaign all over again. And not understanding why so many people don't like this game, we are tearfully proceeding through the stages of the game, planning our quite powerful as of right now characters, and having that golden fun.

That means I'd frippin' jimmin' would like to romp through some modules again, possibly with SSLF multiplayer crowd?

Werewolf? smile.gif

#14 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

I know I'd love to play Baldur's Gate with some people... a whole playthrough of Throne of Bhaal...
Posted Image

#15 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Deceptus @ Jul 1 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geez, I recently have cleaned up the dust from my Neverwinter Nights DVD box, just so my friend and I could play something, and God... it's like the days of old. It was my like first RPG game, I bought it when I was 8-9 years old... And now my friend showed up so we are playing the original campaign all over again. And not understanding why so many people don't like this game, we are tearfully proceeding through the stages of the game, planning our quite powerful as of right now characters, and having that golden fun.

That means I'd frippin' jimmin' would like to romp through some modules again, possibly with SSLF multiplayer crowd?

Werewolf? smile.gif

Hey, man, I'd love to play NWN online again with anyone, especially anyone I know from here... but until I get a good internet connection, I can't. I'll probably have one around August, later this year, so maybe I'll re-download the CEP then and make a Wylfgard module we can all game on. tongue.gif

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ Jul 1 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I'd love to play Baldur's Gate with some people... a whole playthrough of Throne of Bhaal...

Same here...

Right now, personally, I'm playing through Icewind Dale again. 'Tis quite fun.
I'm also looking forward to the NWN2 expansion Storm of Zehir. I can't decide who my four people are gonna be, though. I know Tom is gonna be there, and probably Kye. Jhyvarr? Bruce? Niklos? Kavnar? Magnus? Maegan? GAH! I can't decide!
I guess I'll just have to wait and see what new races and classes they announce. I sincerely doubt it'll be anything of even the mildest interest to me, but hey, it's worth a shot. And I REALLY hope they add some big, masculine werewolf models, so I can make Tom... *grumble*

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#16 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,221 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Y'know, Wolfy, I'm still waiting for *someone* to get me some ideas about how I should make Vorgain in BG/BG2... *hinthintwinkwinknudgenudge* tongue.gif

And, whadda you mean, about getting a better internet in August? Finally moving?

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#17 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Vorgain @ Jul 1 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, Wolfy, I'm still waiting for *someone* to get me some ideas about how I should make Vorgain in BG/BG2... *hinthintwinkwinknudgenudge* tongue.gif

Hey, I gave you some ideas! tongue.gif But here are some more:
- Probably the best match for Vorgain in BG2 is just full Ranger. You can put points in Long\Large Sword, Katana, and Two Weapon Fighting, like I did with Tom. It worked great. Then you can wear full platemail in battle (Tom wore that red platemail with something to do with blood in its name and Red Dragon Scale - you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it in the game tongue.gif ), and when you want to sneak, you can just go to the shadows, take off your armor (or put on leather), turn on Stealth mode, and sneak around. Just be sure not to get caught - then you won't have your armor on. tongue.gif I never got caught, though, so it shouldn't be too hard.
- Or you could just go all Fighter if you don't want to have the three points in Two Weapon Fighting (you can still have two, which is still good), and you'll be a better all-around melee fighter, but you won't be able to sneak like a Ranger would.
- Or, if you want, you could go with something more sneaky and less fighter (but I don't think you'll want to, really). If you do, tell me, and I'll probably just tell you to go with Swashbuckler or something, but as it is, I suggest either Ranger or Fighter. Probably Ranger.

Be sure to concentrate on Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity. Whatever you do, get MAX Dexterity, as much Strength as possible, and don't ever skimp out on Constitution, either, if you want to be tough. Just remember, Wisdom is a dump stat (just put whatever points you can't spend elsewhere into Wisdom), and all you really need for Intelligence is 10 (I always put 10, sometimes 11 or 12 depending on how many points I have, because I'm afraid I'm the kind of person that prefers not to bother putting points in INT when it obviously doesn't make any difference on your character himself, unless he's a mage). For Charisma, that's entirely up to you. I usually try to have at least 14 for most of my people, unless they're supposed to be non-charasmatic, but for people like Tom, Magnus, and Bruce, I won't settle for anything less than 15. I usually do my level best to get 18, and I often find myself getting it, too, but you get the idea. tongue.gif

Oh, and be sure to use the Stat system like crazy. If you don't know how it works, it's simple: take points away from ALL of your stats the moment you start. Remove all of the points until they're at their minimum and you can't remove anymore. Then look at how many points you have to spend. If it's 50 or over, hit STORE (if it's 60, and especially if it's over 60, you just got an awesome roll and it'll probably take you a very long time to get one that's better - though I think 70 is the max for a Human Fighter... that's what I got with Tom when I first made him as a Fighter (I should've made him Ranger...) when I first played through the game. I dunno the max for Elf Rangers, though). Then hit REROLL, and do the same thing, lowering all of your stats to minimum and seeing how many points you have to spend.
If you sit there rerolling and you don't find a total better than the one you started off with, hit RECALL to get it back, and just spend those points however you like. If it turns out not being enough to satisfy you, try rerolling some more.
If you find a roll that is higher than your previous best, hit STORE again to basically save over your old roll with the new one, so you can keep rolling and recall it anytime you want to.

I guess that's all I can tell you for now. Sound good? tongue.gif

And, whadda you mean, about getting a better internet in August? Finally moving?

Well, sort of, yeah. Kinda. I'll tell you more about it later.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#18 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

While Werewolf is preparing a new hideout tongue.gif with her siblings, I'd like to go slightly offtopic and entertain the crowd with some non-Wylfgard pictures of wacky Multiplayer action. I play as a dwarven Fighter/Barbarian, and my friend is a human Ranger fightning two weapons style.

This picture may be confusing for those who didn't play NWN, because it's a Polish language, but you can tell some of the stats out there. You can see me having an unusually high Constitution - we decided that I will be the tank, hoarding the enemies' blows on me, while my friend, with his Weapon Finesse feats, obliterates them (well, a bit of help from my Barbarian Rage-powered magic axe doesn't hurt at all!). As a result, I started the game as a rough&tough barbarian with 17 Hit Points to boot. Currently, he has 40 Hit Points over his Ranger colleague.

And here we are fightning some easy mobs in Chapter 1. Although they left our jaws wide open when one of them killed us with a single breath of this green acid... He did about 60 dmg, and even I was made a short work after that. You can see the Ranger's panther sneak attacking, me having an extra attack, and my friend falling back from the fight for a moment, infected by some nasty poison. I think though that we should top the difficulty up a notch - on Classical D&D's settings, it was a rather easy game thus far. In fact, I once struggled so badly with Callik on normal in single player while on Normal difficulty. He did some nasty disarms. Now, we just ran over him.

#19 Gryphon

Gryphon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Werewolf @ Jul 2 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I gave you some ideas! tongue.gif But here are some more:
- Probably the best match for Vorgain in BG2 is just full Ranger. You can put points in Long\Large Sword, Katana, and Two Weapon Fighting, like I did with Tom. It worked great. Then you can wear full platemail in battle (Tom wore that red platemail with something to do with blood in its name and Red Dragon Scale - you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it in the game tongue.gif ), and when you want to sneak, you can just go to the shadows, take off your armor (or put on leather), turn on Stealth mode, and sneak around. Just be sure not to get caught - then you won't have your armor on. tongue.gif I never got caught, though, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Be sure to concentrate on Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity. Whatever you do, get MAX Dexterity, as much Strength as possible, and don't ever skimp out on Constitution, either, if you want to be tough. Just remember, Wisdom is a dump stat (just put whatever points you can't spend elsewhere into Wisdom), and all you really need for Intelligence is 10 (I always put 10, sometimes 11 or 12 depending on how many points I have, because I'm afraid I'm the kind of person that prefers not to bother putting points in INT when it obviously doesn't make any difference on your character himself, unless he's a mage). For Charisma, that's entirely up to you. I usually try to have at least 14 for most of my people, unless they're supposed to be non-charasmatic, but for people like Tom, Magnus, and Bruce, I won't settle for anything less than 15. I usually do my level best to get 18, and I often find myself getting it, too, but you get the idea. tongue.gif

In BGII, you do get penalties for fighting with a large weapon in your off-hand, right, same as in NWN? So dual-wielding long swords won't work so well, I think. I don't really know; but Vorg, if you need an NWN Vorgain char, I can help you out there if you want.

Personally, I never bother with stealth unless I'm a rogue with some huge sneak attack bonus. I respect the Swashbuckler and Ranger for what they are, but worrying about sneaking is pointless if it gives you no benefit (unless it's getting close to a strategically important enemy, and even then you just have a mage cast Improved Invisibility on you.) In fact, the Stalker is my favorite in BGII, and a great deal of my NWN buids are rogue/rangers. Come to think of it, a Stalker is great for Vorgain's character.

Wisdom is NOT a dump stat! Never raise it above 14, but if you have a 10 wisdom, how is your ranger going to cast ranger spells? Unless of course you actually implement a low-magic Wylfgard module...I know, I know, druids cast those spels better; but it's the principle of things.

So I think a Stalker is best for a BGII Vorg. You'll be a half-elf probably (or I'd recommend switching to either fighter, for more HPs and proficiencies, or a rogue and the Use Any Item ability to eliminate the studded leather restriction), so you can't switch from that, and are restricted to armor no higher than studded leather, but you get a stealth bonus, a x3 backstab multiplier by the end, a few mage spells in addition to ranger spells (haste is really useful) and one of the main reasons you get the ranger, for the automatic dual-wield profciency. Plus, you get some nice armor that fits you restrictions, and rather early in the game (from Ribald's store I think, +4 studded leather with a Hide in Shadows bonus) and you're set! At least, I am.

For an NWN ranger, like I said, just let me know if you need tips, I'm pretty good at the 3 and 3.5 rules, so I'll make it work. wink.gif
-Gryph

Currently reading: Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, and 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Currently building: A MOC based on the new Space Police sets. Currently drawing: a dwarf! They're fun... Currently playing: Cortex Command and Dragon Age Currently watching: Just finished Clash of the Titans. Looking forward to Prince of Persia. Currently writing: Some world-building stuff for my stories.

#20 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

Yup, Stalkers are good - especially if you consider that they don't get only dmg x3 to their backstab damage - they go dmg x4! smile.gif

I was wondering, though, about playing more in some "variants" rather than in powerplay. I thought once if it would be entertaining to win the game without superpowerful stats on the main hero - like 18/18/18, typical recipe for a good warrior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users