NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Fenris' failed RP Mark 1 (SIGN UP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#41 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Name: “I will be known to you two-legs as Vicente Varossa. If I like you, call me Vic.” (Prnounced: Vis-EN-ty.)
Race: Centaur
Subrace:N/A
Age: 34 (As far as I know Centaurs do not age differently than humans.)

Attributes
Strength: 18
Perception: 9
Endurance: 12
Agility: 11
Charisma:7
Intelligence: 10
Luck: 5

Height: About seven and a half feet from hoof to head. When he rears up though he is easily nine feet tall, if even only for a moment.
Eye Color: Blue-Gray
Hair Color: Black
Appearance: Vicente
Clothing/Armor: As seen in picture (For torso only, obviously.) He also has bracers on his forearms and greaves on his horse legs.
Weapons: Vicente uses a Claymore as is first weapon, but he carries two hand-and-a-half swords also. For long range distances, he has his recurve bow with arrows.
Accessories: He keeps a whetstone in a saddlebag on his side, along with flint and steel. He doesn't carry any food, because he usually just grazes as he travels. He does carry a skin of water over his shoulder though. He also carries a small, single-edged knife for utility purposes.
Personality: He is very fierce. His emotions range from one end of the spectrum to the other. He has a slow burning anger, but when he his in a full rage, few things can stop him, distract him, or calm him. He values companionship, he would do anything for his allies, which he doesn’t have many of. Like most Centaurs, he enjoys merriment and frivolity. In short, Vicente lives his life in the extremes of all spectrums.
Bio: Vicente grew up in the southwestern plains with his family and herd. His heard refrained from marauding to some extent. The most pillaging that they did was raiding a caravan of thieves or outlaws here and there after they finished pillaging a nearby town or settlement. The Centaurs would sometimes take what they needed from the twice-stolen goods, mostly wine or something of the sort, and then return the loot to the town along with something to compensate for the liberated goods, most commonly trees that the human's either couldn't transport or harvest. The herd had a general "We won't bother you if you'll do the same for us." and the two societies lived in relative ignorance of each other. One day, a group of thieves also stole children to sell as slaves from a nearby town. The Centaurs came to help, but several of the children were killed in the attempted rescue. Vicente was captured by the raiders-turned-slavers, and it was almost a month before he managed to escape. He was turned into a beast of burned, made only more valuable for his intelligence and anatomy. He eventually was able to overpower his captors and return to his home fields and woods. He returned to empty woods and fields. The humans had driven his herd away from their town, they blamed the Centaurs for the murder of the children. Vicente searched for his herd for a few more months and then took to wandering. In his own words "When the stars are right, I will find my herd once again." He believes that he will eventually stumble across news of his old heard, and he will find them then.

#42 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Wolfy: What's this? Is Wolfy's character female!? How preposterous! :P You're in!

Golden-Star: It seems you were writing your sign-up as i was making my last post. It's no big deal. You're in. :)

Wafflebill: You're good ;) .

#43 Shawn Goldenhair

Shawn Goldenhair

Male officers dawdle on details, Females get to the point.

• 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

Alright, I added my better back up character, so I completely edited my old post. The only thing I am worried about is Elliassa being a former soldier and her previous rank. If she can't be either of those, then I'll change her bio, though I am pretty sure women are in wulfgard Imperial military, if not, then Wulfgard women should rebel for equil rights...

Edited by Shawn Goldenhair, 30 October 2010 - 11:28 PM.

"That is a secret!"

#44 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

This RP's getting popular. So many of the new signups are elves or dwarves too, so that's gonna spice things up. I can't wait to see how the centaur fits in. Vicente looks powerful too, with a claymore and two hand-and-a-half swords. I nominate him to carry extra supplies :P

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#45 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:59 AM

This RP's getting popular. So many of the new signups are elves or dwarves too, so that's gonna spice things up. I can't wait to see how the centaur fits in. Vicente looks powerful too, with a claymore and two hand-and-a-half swords. I nominate him to carry extra supplies :P

Not unless you want your body carried home on a sheild... :P

EDIT: I gave him a bow too, Fenris.

#46 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

Aah sorry for me procastinating!! I'll get it finished by tomorrow night. Promise. ;)

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#47 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Golden-Star: It seems you were writing your sign-up as i was making my last post. It's no big deal. You're in. Posted Image

YAY! I drew a picture of my character last night as well. I probably won't get it up until Wednesday (No scanner of my own Posted Image ) and it isn't very good, but if people would like to see it to get a better idea of what my character looks like then I'll try to get it up soon?

Oh! Question: Are you excpecting long descriptive posts or just short, sharp ones?

~ Golden-Star

#48 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

Oohoo! A centaur! Looks like that could make some interesting, shall we say, discussions with Vologrith :D.

Posted Image

#49 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

I have the attributes and the character in my head, just don't have the luxury of time.

Name:
Subrace:
Attributes 72
Strength: 11
Perception: 11
Endurance: 12
Agility: 15
Charisma: 9
Intelligence: 9
Luck: 5

Height:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Appearance:
Clothing/Armor:
Weapons:
Accessories:
Personality:
Bio:

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#50 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Name: He'd tell you his name is Duke Octavan Manon Rislus, third in line to the throne of the Kingdom of Binwald. He's actually one Dhakan Trebor; bastard con man.
Race: Human
Subrace: Imperial

Attributes
Strength: 6
Perception: 11
Endurance: 7
Agility: 8
Charisma: 16
Intelligence: 10
Luck: 14

Height: 5'9"
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Light brown
Appearance:
Posted Image
Clothing/Armor: See above. Add in leather breeches, brown cloak and thick leather boots
Weapons: Though preferring to conquer foes with guile and trickery, Dhakan does carry a longsword to fight on rare occasions, with a suitably ornate handle.
Accessories: An assortment of fake jewels and half-price finery to keep up the facade of grandeur he love so much.
Personality: Dhakan is a greedy, selfish, arrogant man whose every breath benefits himself in one way or another and will stoop to any level to get his way. Despite, or perhaps because of it, he is fairly intelligencer and can accurately gauge those around him, which often helps him know the best time to vacate any given area, and places a great deal in luck, worshiping it like a goddess and going out of his way to do what he thinks will please her.
Bio: Dhakan is a lucky bastard, a term that is ironically accurate due to the nature of his conception. Dhakan is the illegitimate son of a minor Imperial noble, though he still enjoyed all the benefits of a young nobleman, despite despite his status as a bastard. One day his old man took sick and asked Dhakan to his room. He told him that Dhakan was considered unfit to inherit the estate and so it would go to his cousin. Feeling cheated out of what he considered rightfully his, Dhakan throttled the old man and fled the manor. Alone in the wilderness, Dhakan would have died had he not happened upon a small farming community. There, he masqueraded as a nobleman, fleeing from power-hungry relatives, which, in a way, was true. He live comfortably in the village for several weeks until word of his murder had reached the villagers, at which point he was driven out of town. He continued on, telling his falsified story at each town he came upon, only to leave a week later, desperately trying to stay ahead of his pursuers. He eventually came to Endibraut Hall, a place where his crime would be inconsequential and where he could escape those that hunted him.

Edited by slater474, 07 November 2010 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image

#51 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

rapier

Just thought I should pop in and say that there are no rapiers in Wulfgard (too Renaissance). :innocent smilie that we need to bring back:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#52 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

Just thought I should pop in and say that there are no rapiers in Wulfgard (too Renaissance). :innocent smilie that we need to bring back:

Oh.....well, whats the lightest sword that would be available to an Imperial?
Posted Image

#53 Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

*screech*

• 1,454 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Name: Ilditr Messife
Race: Elf
Subrace: Wood Elf

Attributes:
Strength: 8
Perception: 14
Endurance: 10
Agility: 12
Charisma: 12
Intelligence: 11
Luck: 11

Height: 5'9"
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Blond
Appearance: Skinny, lanky, not strong
Clothing/Armor: Green Tunic with mithril chain over torso
Weapons: Double edged hand-and-a-half shortsword
Accessories: Father's brooch, Elvish bread(Honey Soaked Graham Crackers, more or less)
Personality: easily aggravated, sarcastic, funny, optimistic
Bio:
Ilditr was born as most wood elves in a small nomadic village. He was unliked by other elves for his pessimistic bouts of anger. They considered him a killjoy and he exiled himself from his little clan. Ilditr then decided to join humans, who he found (mostly) to be a little more reasonable of mood. He then met a pretty Elf maiden who he fell in love with. However, she can't marry him due to his low status among the city he lives in. Ilditr then decided to join a band of bards. This didn't work out as he has no musical or acting skill, so he embarked on a journey to Endibraut Hall, the Road's End.
-Pterodactyl

#54 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Oh.....well, whats the lightest sword that would be available to an Imperial?

The lightest sword for an imperial is probably either a broadsword or a longsword. Either one is likely for a duke (makes sense for Dhakan's cover). They can be pretty thin. Either one of them or a long dirk is your best bet :D

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#55 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Oh! Question: Are you excpecting long descriptive posts or just short, sharp ones?

Write your posts as long as you can. I'd like them to be as detailed as possible.

slater474: Yeah, no rapiers, like Wolfy said. A cutlass or a some other light sword will do just as well.

Pterodactyl: I'm sorry, but the sign-ups are closed for all but those who have already reserved a spot. I don't want more people than i can handle.

Edited by Fenris, 01 November 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#56 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Do they have tobacco in Wylfgard (shoot me, i'm a rebel Posted Image ) ?
Because it would be really cool, and a very dwarvish thing, for my character to smoke tobacco from a pipe and do that whole Gandalf/Bilbo thing with the smoke rings.

EDIT: And Fenris, what i meant with the post size question is: Is there an OTT point? Or can we describe minutely?

Edited by Golden-Star, 01 November 2010 - 12:58 PM.

~ Golden-Star

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Do they have tobacco in Wylfgard (shoot me, i'm a rebel Posted Image ) ?
Because it would be really cool, and a very dwarvish thing, for my character to smoke tobacco from a pipe and do that whole Gandalf/Bilbo thing with the smoke rings.

I dunno if there would be tobacco, specifically, as tobacco is mostly native to America, and it was only popularized in Europe after America was discovered... :P Or I'm just being too picky.

But there are plenty of other leaves a person could smoke in their pipes and such (so smoking certainly exists, yes).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

Alright, time for a deadline. Those of you who have reserved a spot but haven't started on your sign-up yet, will have to do so by FRIDAY. After that the sign-ups will be closed for ALL. You are not required to post a finished sign-up (although that would be best), as long as you post something. I will give you some time to finish it over the weekend. As always, if you have a special request, or wish to show me your progress with said request, you must contact me via the PM system. That is all.

EDIT: And Fenris, what i meant with the post size question is: Is there an OTT point? Or can we describe minutely?

I am not sure what you OTT means... :huh: If you take a look at this topic, you should find everything you need. Also, you could take a look at Maverick-Werewolf's roleplay "Over the Seas". Something like the posts made there is what I'm looking for. ;)

#59 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:06 AM

Alright then, sign-ups are closed. Slater 474 must finish his bio, and Fire-Fox must finish, well, everything. Hopefully i can start writing the opening post tomorrow. Discussion about the RP is restricted to this topic. If you have any questions about the story, feel free to ask.

(Sorry about this rather short post, but it's very late and I'm tired)

#60 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

Awesome, I can't wait for this RP! :D *Sniff* Ahh... I smell blood will drawn... :evil grin emote that I would really like to have:

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users