NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wylfgard - In Death's Shadow

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

(The image is a cheap, horrible, and junky ripoff of the end of the Baldur’s Gate intro, I know, but I just slapped it together for fun, alright?)

Rules
This is the sign-up ONLY. The RP itself will begin in a different topic, and I will go over the rules of the RP there.
1. All sign-ups must be approved by me. Only a certain number of people will be selected, but no, you don’t get to know the number.
2. YOUR CHARACTER CAN DIE. No, I will NOT be killing off people left and right, but I feel that you deserve a fair warning before you sign up, and that you should know to be careful and smart. Think all your actions through.
3. This RP is set ten months before the first book in The Legend of the Five series. Therefore, there is NO war going on between the Empire and the North, though the tensions are still present, and rumors of a war are circulating, spreading like wildfire and casting a great shadow of worry over the entire city.
4. I will determine your beginning gold, like I did in IotC, if you remember that RP.
I’d also like to personally thank all of you who sign up; I know my RP sign ups must get tiresome, considering most of my RPs either die or never manage to get off the ground, for various reasons. I promise I’ll try my level best not to do that with this one, as I did with IotC, but this time it won’t eventually be shut down due to confusion and storyline changes.

Story
You are in the Imperial city of Illikon: the largest port city in all the Empire, but also one of the farthest settlements from the capital.

A war between the city of Illikon and the beastman tribe known as the Tribe of the Serpent was resolved just four years ago. After the small war was over, everyone believed that Illikon would settle back into some peaceful years once more…

But they were wrong. Crime levels in the city have reached an all-time high, especially with all the talk of how war may be brewing in the North, and the streets are sometimes considered even more dangerous at night than the roads outside Illikon itself. Murders and robberies alike happen all throughout the night, and the criminals that are caught indicate that there is no greater power, no leader, ordering them to do this. All of these events were nothing new to the city guards and commanders charged with the protection of the city…
Until an entirely different series of murders began to happen.

One night, a blood trail was found leading out of a commoner home in the southern district of the city. Upon inspecting the house, the Illikon city guards found it entirely empty, and the blood trail led only to a sewer grate.
In addition to this, however, crime – especially in the southern district of the city – still began to worsen. Now many gangs had arisen, brave enough to reveal themselves to the guards through the chaos in the streets, believing them to be too occupied to hunt them down and destroy them.

The captain of the Illikon city guard – Captain McShane – plans to eliminate these criminals once and for all, but the ‘sewer murders,’ as they have now been labeled, are continuing, and there are no suspects. McShane has informed his men that every nook and cranny of the sewer must be investigated before these killings can be put to an end, but perhaps the answer lies in some of the gangs that have cropped up around the city… it is there that you will begin your investigations.
Under McShane’s command, you must find these murderers and body snatchers, putting an end to their gruesome crimes once and for all.

You must create a list of suspects and investigate each thoroughly while facing the dangers of the now crime-filled city, and perhaps even the wrath of some gang leaders, should your actions warrant enough of their attention to anger them… but even with these questions looming around you, there is one that stands high above all others: has the city been perforated with crime so heavily as to be deeply infiltrated? What if you incriminate the wrong person? Who can you trust?
Are you sure you can trust each other?

Character Creation – Sign-up Sheet Explanation
NOTICE: Only HUMANS are accepted into the Illikon city guard force. If you attempt to sign up as any kind of monstrous creature, your sign up will be entirely disregarded. Also, there are very few females on the guard force.

Name: Quite simple. You know what goes here. However, don’t pick anything REALLY whacked-out or ripoff-ish, and remember, you will either be an Imperial or a half-Northerner (more info on that later), so pick something European. If you are related to any kind of Northerners, you may pick a name that is Norse (such as Ulfgar), but if you are an Imperial, you should try to stick by certain groups. If you are of noble heritage, your name should be more ancient Roman or Greek (such as Scaevius – but no, don’t use that one), but if you are a commoner, your name should be more common English (such as Robert or Joseph). This also goes for last names.

Age: Pick something believable. No fourteen-year-olds in the guard force.

Race: You have two choices: Imperial or half-Northerner. However, let me explain as clearly as I can how these will work.
If you are an Imperial, you are clearly a resident of the Empire and you have been your entire life, and you have no relation to any kind of Northerners. Most ALL of you should be Imperials.
If you are a half-Northerner, one of your parents was from the North. You are regarded with a bit of contempt by a lot of the Imperials, mostly the nobles. If you are a half-Northerner and you are related to nobles on the Imperial side, it is VERY likely that they see you as a blight upon the family and they probably dislike your very existence. VERY FEW of you should be half-Northerners.

Height: Nothing insane, now. Remember, people in the medieval days almost never reached a height of six feet, though I will allow some Imperials that tall, but try to stay below six feet or exactly that tall, beacause going over six feet is getting close to the 'way too tall' zone. If you are really tall, chances are you have some sort of Northerner relations.

Eye Color: Something normal. No freaks allowed.

Hair Color and Appearance: Again, something normal. Also say what your hair looks like (how long is it?, etc.)

Facial Appearance: Your character’s facial appearance (whether they are handsome or ugly, their facial hair (if any), and even some of their expressions, etc.)

Physical Appearance: Your character’s physical appearance. Just how fit are they? How do they carry themselves? Etc.

Clothing: What do you wear when you’re not in your Imperial armor?
And remember, your armor consists of a full suit of chainmail, leather boots, a metal helmet (it’s a very simple helmet with a silvery hue, with a nose-guard and no real decorations or designs upon it), and a dark blue tabard with the crown of the Empire fashioned into the center of the chest. This is the standard garb of the Illikon guard… unless you have enough money to afford other additions, such as shoulder pauldrons (Note that these must be bought IN GAME).

Alignment: D&D style. If you don’t know what this is, just omit it.

Preferred Weapon(s): PICK SOMETHING SIMPLE. And remember: ABSOLUTELY NO KATANAS. This is the Empire, not the East. All you have available to you are simple weapons. Spears, longswords, shortswords, axes, bows, shields (yes, no soldiers are supposed to dual-wield, shields are standard issue)… just simplistic weapons, it’s your choice. They’re all of Imperial design.

Personality: What does your character act like?

Preferred Fighting Method: Basically, are you a melee fighter or an archer?

Fears: What’s your character afraid of? I expect to see a decently long list of fears here, people. People are scared of things; just accept it.

Parents and their Status: Your character’s parents, their names, what they are (their occupations, and the like; also specify if you are related to nobles or commoners), and their status (where are they? Are they dead?). Oh, and no, none of you are heroic orphans destined to save the world, so please don’t always make both of your parents dead.

Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Other relatives, such as cousins and siblings, and their names, status, etc.

Acquaintances and Knowledge: Characters of Wylfgard that your character has heard of, just met, etc. Feel free to keep this list relatively short, but remember, you’re in Illikon – a lot of important characters are there. Just how many has your character become acquainted with? How well does his know McShane, his captain? Note that you may also list other player characters here (though keep in mind that not all sign ups will be accepted into the RP).
But also bear in mind that you’re just an Imperial guard in Illikon; you haven’t met Kye or Mattul or anyone like that. Keep your acquaintances limited to people in Illikon, or nearby towns, such as Eloh, if possible. Various characters worthy of note that would be found in these areas, and that your character may have shared a few words with, include Tom Mitchell, Magnus Sullivan, Jhyvarr (pronounced YAI-varr; a dwarf who lives in Illikon and owns a blacksmith shop; very popular among those Imperial soldiers who do not dislike anything non-human and native to the North as a good source of high-quality weaponry), Marshal Lucius Fletcher (the high commander of Illikon’s military force; it’s very unlikely that you know this man well at all), Captain-General Warren Mitchell, and many others.
If you think this section is stupid (I was thinking it might be, you see), feel free to skip it.

Family History: Family history of your character. Keep this as brief as possible (only list what may apply to this character, such as if their father was well known at all, and if anyone would know them by that, or if they would hate them because of that, how your character feels about that, etc., and if you were born to a noble family, and if your character either takes pity upon the commoners or looks down to them, etc.)

Character History\Biography: Your character’s history and past. Feel free to keep this brief and fairly simple, since you probably aren’t a very complicated person. Also, if you are from a noble family, do mention why your character would become a member of the city guard force instead of using his inherited influence to become something much more respectable and powerful, or at least a soldier in the army). Also mention how long you’ve been in the guard force.

Character Creation – Statistics
Here is where things get a tad bit complicated. Next you must choose your character’s stats – this is just the explanation; the stat sheet itself is attached to the sign-up. For now, I’m going to use the ‘SPECIAL System’ developed for the Fallout games. Note that my descriptions for them are also ‘borrowed’ from the Fallout games, for the most part.
The stats are:

Strength – Your character’s physical strength. A character with high Strength will be able to strike harder and lift heavier things, for instance, than a character with low Strength.
Perception – Your character’s ability to see, hear, taste, and notice unusual things.
Endurance – Your character’s stamina and physical toughness. A character with high Endurance will survive where others may not.
Charisma – How well your character can interact with others, their people skills, as well as, to some extent, how attractive they are.
Intelligence – Knowledge, wisdom, and ability to think quickly.
Agility – Your character’s coordination and ability to move well.
Luck – How lucky your character is. A very high or low Luck will affect the character in some way or another, and all events will be changed by how lucky (or unlucky) your character is.

Every character has 40 points to distribute to each skill, and each skill cannot go below 1 or above 10.

Character Creation – Sign-up Sheet
Copy the sign-up sheet from the code box (but DO NOT put a code box there in your post!). This is for your convenience and my own, so your sections will already be in bold, making your sign up easier for me to read.

CODE
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color and Appearance:[/b]
[b]Facial Appearance:[/b]
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Preferred Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Preferred Fighting Method:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Parents and their Status:[/b]
[b]Other Family, Siblings, and their Status:[/b]
[b]Acquaintances and Knowledge:[/b]
[b]Family History:[/b]
[b]Character History\Biography:[/b]  

[b]STATS:[/b]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Perception:[/b]
[b]Endurance:[/b]
[b]Charisma:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Agility:[/b]
[b]Luck:[/b]

Example Sign-Ups
These are not the best sign ups\descriptions I’ve ever made, but they’ll have to do. At any rate, it’ll show you basically how the sign ups are done.
However, I’m going to allow myself to skip out on the bios, at least for the most part, since some aspects of them will not be revealed anywhere until they are talked about in the LotF series itself. Also, the omitted sections will be skipped for the game’s benefit – in other words, try to figure them out on your own. I’ve also taken the liberty of skimping out on Bruce’s stats, just because his stats in Fallout (yes, I’ve made him before in Fallout) are complicated by various perks and abilities he has.

Name: Bruce ‘The Hawk’ McShane
Race: Half-Northerner
Height: Approximately 6’
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color and Appearance: Brown; cut to a moderate length, though more on the short side; receding hairline
Facial Appearance: Bruce has a handsome face, though not in the traditional sense, which is usually found bearing only a very light stubble. He is also known for his quirky half-smile, which befits his attitude.
Physical Appearance: Tall and muscular, Bruce is impressive, especially at first sight. He carries himself with the air of a man who is confident in his abilities, and he usually both stands and walks with excellent posture.
Clothing: It hardly matters to him; he often wears a simple pants and shirt of any color
Armor: Bruce’s armor is a well known, and often debated, panoply. Most everyone he knows continues to tell him he should wear armor on his arms (many say this not only because they are unprotected, but because it looks as if he is not resenting the fact that his mother is related to a berserk warrior of the North, as they think he should be), but he continues to ignore them, letting his muscular arms be shown to whoever looks at him. Bruce’s armor consists of a chainmail shirt, chainmail greaves, and chainmail gloves, leather bracers reinforced with steel plates, and leather boots. Over his chainmail shirt he wears a dark green tabard, which has the symbol of the Empire, a golden crown, fashioned upon the front if it, positioned to be in the center of his chest. On his back, however, is a symbol of his own: it is a golden hawk, its wings stretched high over its body, its sharp beak partially open as its head was profiled and its legs outstretched, the hawk’s talons flexed out, as if ready to take some hapless prey into its grasp. It is said that this is his personal symbol, and, rumor has it, it is derived from the name of the Northerner tribe he is related to. Bruce also has a standard-issue helmet, though it seems he resents the thing, especially with its simplicity, and prefers not to wear it, exercising his ability to get away with a second rather impractical action due to his rank.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Preferred Weapon(s): A broadsword (with a shield, if the battle calls for it or if one is handy, for he doesn’t carry one about) and a crossbow
Personality: Despite usually being nice and maintaining a good humor, Bruce is quite a smart-mouth (especially when irritated), and is also known for his odd accent and nonchalant use of quite unsavory swears. It seems he cares almost nothing for the law, except for its general principles, but he is exceptional at his work and gets the job done every time.
Preferred Fighting Method: Both melee and ranged
Fears: [skipped]
Parents and their Status: [skipped]
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: [skipped]
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Bruce knows, and is friends with, Tom Mitchell, Jhyvarr, and Magnus Sullivan. He also knows Marshal Fletcher, though he hardly gets along with him, and has known Captain-General Warren Mitchell for quite some time, though he also doesn’t get along too well with him, either. He also knows Tom’s other siblings (Anne, Cristy, Casey, Callum, and Jerrel), as well as his mother (Cori), but the only one he knows very well is Jerrel. And, of course, he knows all the guards of the city, being their commander.
Family History: [skipped]
Character History\Biography: [skipped]

Name: Jerrel Mitchell
Race: Imperial
Height: 5’9”
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color and Appearance: Brown; almost shoulder-length
Facial Appearance: Jerrel is, overall, a rather above-average looking person, though he hardly bears the facial features of his youngest brother, or even his father. He is usually seen with at least a light stubble, and his appearance is usually rather unkempt.
Physical Appearance: Jerrel is lean and muscular, and has good, disciplined posture from working in the guard force.
Clothing: He really doesn’t care at all; most anything will suit him fine
Alignment: Neutral Good
Preferred Weapon(s): A spear and a broadsword
Personality: Jerrel’s bad habit of picking on most everyone around him was, for the most part, worked out of him when he became a guard. It still shows through occasionally, making him a somewhat disagreeable person and often irritating to be around, but in general he is kind-hearted and always tries to do what is right.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee
Fears: [skipped]
Parents and their Status: Captain-General Warren Mitchell (father), alive; Cori Mitchell (mother), alive. Both live in Illikon.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Anne, Cristy, Callum, Casey, and Tom Mitchell; all are siblings, are alive, and live in Illikon. Another noteworthy relation is his uncle, Sean Mitchell, who also lives in Illikon
Acquaintances and Knowledge: [skipped]
Family History: [skipped]
Character History\Biography: [skipped]

STATS:
Strength: 6
Perception: 5
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 8
Luck: 5

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

Say, Wolfy... You do know the town guards need some way of sending messages without them doing it by hand. You know what they need: A young fit messanger boy. tongue.gif

But, I'll sign-up as a guard if needed. wink.gif

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, I was waiting for that post from you, Jay. laugh.gif

But, if you actually want to be able to do much anything (in other words, participate in the investigations, etc.), you'll want to be a guard. I won't stop you from being a messenger boy if you really want to, but I'm just saying: you wouldn't get to see much action. wink.gif So it'd be best if, yes, you signed up as a guard. Besides, keeping all the players in the same occupation, and at the same level of authority, makes everything a lot easier.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

Lemme just get my sign-up together... probably within the next day or two. So this is a bit like the other RP that you started (the name slips me)? We're all guards? Awesome. tongue.gif Hold tight, though, I'm coming. tongue.gif

EDIT: Can we have rapiers? Those were European. tongue.gif

#5 Rdda 'Cirom

Rdda 'Cirom

Occidental Otaku

• 275 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Yay! Another RP by Wolfy! I'll get right to work on my sign-up, so expect it sometime this evening or tomorrow afternoon.

Mal: You all were watching, I take it?
Kaylee: (reluctantly) Yes.
Mal: Did you see us fight?
Kaylee: No.
Mal: TRAP!

#6 Socks

Socks

Sergeant

• Nova Member
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Name: Lukas Galen
Height: 5'9"
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color and Appearance: Brown hair stretches down to the top of Galen's neck, with flecks of gray starting to appear around his temples.
Facial Appearance: Lukas was possibly a handsome man, a long time ago. Now, however, he dislikes looking into the shaving mirror every other morning. His rugged face, with several scars across its rough surface, is mostly covered with stubble by the time he needs to shave again. Galens most common expression is a disgruntled face which tends to put off anyone trying to talk to him. He is rumored to have smiled amongst the city guard, but this is highly doubtful.
Physical Appearance: Galen has always kept his body in shape. He is well tanned from years of prowling the streets. He has a certain lengthy stride which most people can't quite figure out.
Clothing: Almost anything he can find or buy for his shirt and pants; however, Galen is quite specific about getting just the type of hardy boots he likes.
Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Preferred Weapon(s): A short sword, crossbow.
Personality: The description "permanently angry man" pretty much suits Lukas. He sometimes suppresses it so that it is barely apparent, and other times doesn't. Needless to say, he doesn't make too many friends.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee or ranged.
Fears: A tad claustrophobic; nothing really noticeable. Just don't put him in a box.
Parents and their Status: Denhard Galen and Mary Kerl; they divorced when he was eleven.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Uncle Thomas Galen, uncle Geralt Kerl, aunt Beth Kerl, and second cousin Keith Eridaine.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Almost everyone in the city guard, his family, quite a few miscellaneous or not worth mentioning people throughout Illikon.
Family History: Both of Lukas' parents had some northerner blood in them, if not much at all; his maternal great-grandmother was a northerner who was the ancestor of one Keith Eridaine. However, almost no one knows of this. The Galen family ( paternal side of Lukas' family ) has had a long history of serving as guards in Illikon ever since it first arrived in Illikon, also from the north, generations ago.
Character History\Biography: Lukas Galen had a fairly normal life in Illikon as he grew up, helping his father, a part-time guard and blacksmith, make a living. When he was eleven, his parents divorced and he stayed with his father. At age sixteen he enrolled in the city guard, and led a fairly normal career.

STATS:
Strength: 7
Perception: 7
Endurance: 7
Agility: 6
Luck: 3

Edited by Perspective, 30 July 2008 - 04:24 AM.

#7 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

Name: Rufus Aceredous (Ace-red-US)
Race: Half-Northerner
Height: 6'3"
Hair Color and Appearance: Rufus has dark brown unkempt shoulder length hair, usually swept back a bit so as not to hand over his face.
Facial Appearance: He is best known for his cocky grin and a scar across his right cheek, and he has a small beard growing.
Physical Appearance: Tall and muscular, Rufus has several scars over his body from fights. He has a long scar going across his left arm, which he duels with.
Clothing: Usually wears black shirts and pants, and a dark brown leather armor vest and pair of boots. He also often wears a very dark brown traveling cloak. His second suit is just a red shirt and pants with brown boots and a brown leather armor vest with a red cloak.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Preferred Weapon(s): A bow and longsword. He also has a dueling rapier (if that's alright. This were European in real life, so I suppose that would be acceptable)
Personality: He has a very cocky attitude, but is a likable person. Toward his fellow guards he's usually a bit annoying and arrogant, but to other people (especially women) he can be merely a man impressing everyone around him, even though the entertaining of women often gets on the nerves of other men.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee, ranged, and up close dueling combat.
Fears: Losing fellow guards, to many enemies, werewolves, losing battles, and any of his friends dying. Though, with that case, he usually avenges them soon afterward.
Parents and their Status: Both very alive, and living in a cottage outside the city. They have a blacksmith forge.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Three older brothers: Anthony, Markus and James. Markus and James still living with their parents. Anthony is in the Imperial Army.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: He knows Thomas Mitchell, and his family, and Magnus Sullivan quite well. Also knows Bruce McShne, being Rufus' captain. Also knows Marshall Fletcher.
Family History: His father, David, was born to a Imperial family, and his mother, Anna, was a Northerner. After his father married her, he was shunned out of his family, and was frowned upon by many Imperials. Before they had children, they often wandered about as rangers. That is where Rufus got his love for lone fighting.
Character History\Biography: Born to David and Anna Aceredous in the outskirts of Illikon, Rufus learned to hunt and fight at an early age. As a blacksmith's son, he worked hard, and learned how to prosper honestly. At sixteen, he left his home and wandered for a few years as a ranger, and expanded his fighting skills greatly. When he came back he learned of his brother Anthony joining up with the Imperial Army. He wanted to eventually join them also, but he decided to join the Imperial Guards first, to get more of an idea on how the procedures went. He became quite a popular swordsman, and was well known for the number of duels he has won.

STATS:
Perception: 6
Endurance: 5
Luck: 4

Tell me if anythings wrong. Especially the stats. I'm not much familiar with them. tongue.gif NOTE: This post is subject to change once in a while so... tongue.gif

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Perspective @ Jul 29 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I added in the armor part. I wasn't quite sure if the character is supposed to be a civilian or guard or what, but damned if I'm going to be a civie tongue.gif

Under the 'Clothing' section in the main post is a description of the armor all the city guards (yes, all of the players are cit guards) have. All improvements to it have to be bought in game. wink.gif But other than that, your sign up looks great so far. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lightning Bolt @ Jul 29 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Preferred Weapon(s): A bow and longsword. He also has a dueling rapier (if that's alright. This were European in real life, so I suppose that would be acceptable)

Tell me if anythings wrong. Especially the stats. I'm not much familiar with them. tongue.gif NOTE: This post is subject to change once in a while so... tongue.gif

Sure, you can have one.

Hm. According to my calculations, you have one extra point to spend on your stats... but yeah, they look fine. tongue.gif

*suddenly begins to wonder if I should've lowered Fallout's number of starting points*

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Socks

Socks

Sergeant

• Nova Member
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

K, let me delete that armor part. Although you would *think* that after twenty years in the guard, he would have gotten some by now biggrin.gif

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, I know. But hey, we gotta keep things balanced. tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Scorch

Scorch

Akagi

• Nova Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Name: Marcus Strath
Race: Human
Height: 5' 10"
Hair Color and Appearance: Marcus's hair is red and unkempt. His hair is long enough to cover his eyes, and often does when he wears his helmet.
Facial Appearance: Marcus has sharp, angled features. He has a vertical scar over his right eye, without hindering his vision. Some would describe his features as hawk-like, but he doesn't care. He is clean shaven and prefers to remain that way.
Physical Appearance: Marcus has a medium build. He has average feet and hands with long fingers. He isn't very tan, as he spends his time outdoors covered.
Clothing: Marcus wears a long, dark blue tunic and black pants underneath his standard guards armor. Unarmored, he wears boots that are made of soft leather and he wears fingerless leather gloves. He also wears a belt that contains his money pouch and a sheath for his blade. He wears one of a pair of twin, golden rings.
Alignment: True Neutral
Preferred Weapon(s): A powerful longbow (Preferably one of the strongest woods in Wylfgard) with 30 red shafted arrows. (Hmm, someone else is using a rapier. Thought I was gonna be original.) A silver rapier with a gold-worked, German fashion wire hilt. The blade is sturdy enough to stand against a longsword, but still light enough to fence with. The edges and point are always razor sharp.
Personality: Marcus is a happy go lucky member of the city guard. His manner causes belies his skill and many don't take him seriously. He loves to tell jokes and have a good laugh. He is carefree
Preferred Fighting Method: Ranged and Fencing
Fears: Possibilites and myths of Vampires, as well as drowning and falling from great heights.
Parents and their Status: Father: Jason Strath-MIA Mother: Morgan Strath-Alive, living in Illikon
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Wife: Melissa Strath-Alive, living in Illikon Sister: Maria Strath-Alive, living in Illikon Brother: John Strath-Presumed Alive, wandering the land.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Marcus takes orders well, but he tries not to make friends with other soldiers. As a former thief though, he has many shady contacts and friends. To the guard, he's a new guy.
Family History: Most males in the Strath family are raised, wanting to join the military. A few exceptions occured, such as John, but their family has an impressive military lineage. The women of the house were usually involved in medical work or cooking work.
Character History\Biography: In his early years, Jason tried to find Marcus's military area of expertise: Archery. As Marcus grew older, he began to realize the dangers of being an archer. He quickly learned to fence as a way to defend in close quarters. He recognized fencing as a 'lighter' form of melee combat. By the age of 10, Marcus could shoot apples off his father's head and defend himself in a sword fight. However, the constant push from his father caused Marcus to flee. Leaving his home with a fencing foil and a shortbow, he grew older on the streets. Making numerous runs, jobs and lifts, he improved his finesse. By doing so, he also made numerous contacts and friends. At 15, he returned home, weary of the shadow's life. His father couldn't remain mad and quickly began training his son again. By this time, Marcus's brother John had become 12. They trained together, becoming stronger and faster to please their father. John was always stronger and could perform longer, but Marcus was faster and more dextrous. When their father gave them weapons, Marcus proudly wielded his longbow as he joined the city guard. John took his hand and a half sword and said farewell to the family. John left to wander the land, honing his skill and bolstering his strength. Marcus wears a ring, made from the gold of his father's amulet. His brother's ring contains the rest of the gold from the amulet.

STATS:
Strength: 5
Perception: 4
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 5
Luck: 9

Going in and out of the house, so it's coming in parts
Can't fail if you don't try.

#12 Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean

Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances.

• Nova Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Name: Jared Mason
Height: 5'8"
Eye Color: Sea green
Hair Color and Appearance: Black in color; it is short and flat, except in the front, where it sticks up.
Facial Appearance: Rather boyish, and sooner to be considered 'cute' than handsome. He is devoid of facial hair, and has no visible scars. His eyes tend to be open slightly wider than most, giving him an appearance of surprise at all times.
Physical Appearance: Slender, Jared is of slight musculature. He tends to walk with his head slightly down, though it is sometimes difficult to notice. When he encounters other guards or people of a higher rank than he, he bends down even more, almost as though he is bowing to them.
Clothing: Very simple tan and brown tunic and trousers.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Preferred Weapon(s): A shortsword and shield. However, his weapon of choice is a yew longbow.
Personality: Very submissive, Jared tends to believe himself inferior to most of his fellow guards, in addition to his superiors. Not skilled in melee combat, he often panics when his enemies are too close for him to use his bow. He never questions orders, even when the orders seem to be foolish.
Preferred Fighting Method: Ranged.
Fears: Any monstrous creature, including werewolves, vampires, dragons, and the such; death of friends or family; his own death, especially by the hand of an enemy; accidentally injuring his friends or family; being demoted; offending his captain; and various other small things.
Parents and their Status: Both of Jared's parents currently live. His father, Michael, was a guard himself for several years before retiring at the age of 42. Jared's mother, Alexandra, doesn't work either. She stays at home with her husband, often worrying about her son.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Jared's sister, Caroline, is married to a noble from another town in the Empire. She moved away from Illikon to live with him. Jared used to have a brother, Alexander, but he was killed in action during the war against the Tribe of the Serpent.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Jared has had brief encounters with Thomas Mitchell and Magnus Sullivan. He knows few other people of importance.
Family History: Jared is often overshadowed by his brother, who earned a small reputation during the war in which he died. Jared accepts this gladly, as it means that little attention is paid to him. People occasionally mention Alexander when they see Jared, but no one expects him to live up to his brother's image.
Character History\Biography: Jared was raised and schooled by his parents for several years. He was taught some things about the guard by his father, and it was he who persuaded Jared to attempt to secure a position in the organization. He was accepted at the age of 20, therefore this is his third year in the force.

STATS:
Strength: 4
Perception: 6
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 9
Luck: 7

My hair sensed that. My hair is an elaborate network of nerves constantly processing information.

#13 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Name: Alexander Muffonious
Height: 5' 10"
Hair Color and Appearance: Short, golden blonde hair that only goes down to his ears and top of his neck, but it very thick a lustrous and opposed to being long and thing.
Facial Appearance: A slightly tan face with a flushed complexion. He has no facial hair and is clean shaven with round cheeks and a large lower jaw. He has a slight overbite with perfectly white teeth. Though his hair is blonde, his eyebrows are a light brown color, and his lips are a light shade of pink. He is said to be very attractive to women, though he never lets such compliments go to his head.
Physical Appearance: Well muscled arms, but not particularly powerful compared to most people in the military. His leg muscles are especially strong because he walks almost everywhere he goes, and he always has, as he doesn't own a horse and was never issued one.
Clothing: When not wearing his armor, Muffonious usually wears a simple, rather dirty scuffed pair of boots and a clean white or tan shirt. His pants are brown and made of rough material.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Preferred Weapon(s): Longsword and medium sized shield.
Personality: A good do-er with his only intentions being those that would help make the world a better place. He's always kind to whomever deserves it, and has always been hesitant to kill even the evilest of people. He always tries to bring in criminals alive.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee, he has terrible aim
Fears: Undead, werewolves, heights, drowning, suffocation, and, under the right circumstances, claustrophobia.
Parents and their Status: Harrison Muffonious and Grace Muffonious-White (White is her maiden name). They are middle-class commoners and his father is a priest.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: His two brothers are criminals and thieves who abandoned the names given to them by their parents to adopt a life of crime. Muffonious knows nothing of their whereabouts.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Skip'd. Not cause I think it's stupid, but I just don't know many people and don't want to put the standard, "lol thom michel" tongue.gif
Family History: Muffonious and his two brothers, their birth names being Brian and Michael, were raised to be upstanding citizens by their father and mother, and all three of them attended every one of Father Muffonious's sermons, but Alexander was the only one who showed true interest in his father's work, and always helped him when preparing for a mass. Because of this, Alexander was apalled when his two brothers turned to lives of crime, both of them running off together after murdering a bar maid in the local tavern. Their criminal natures are known throughout the town as the Brothers Muffonious, even though they changed their names. Because of their reputations, it was hard for Muffonious to get a spot on the town guard, but his father's reputation outweighed that of his brothers, and soon he was on the guard.
Character History\Biography: Oops, I kinda made "Family history" more like a bio. Well, yeah...That kinda explains my character's history. tongue.gif

STATS:
Charisma: 9
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 3

Posted Image

#14 Rdda 'Cirom

Rdda 'Cirom

Occidental Otaku

• 275 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Name: Gabriel Drake
Height: 5'5"
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color and Appearance: Black; unruly and a little bit shorter than shoulder-length
Facial Appearance: (Uh... is "See Avvie" an acceptable answer?)
Physical Appearance: Gabriel is thin and shorter than average. He has an athletic build, and generally has an exceptional posture.
Clothing: Gabriel usually wears a blue and dark grey cotton tunic, black linen pants, and black leather shoes.
Preferred Weapon(s): Longbow (whatever is a good wood for bows here) and a shortsword with a thinner blade than normal (imagine the road where Rapier and sword intersect)
Personality: If Gabriel's personality were to be put into one word, it would be "unstable". He pretty much always feels troubled, even in the most serene of places. His semi-paranoia was caused by a tragedy that occurred when he was only a small child (more on that later).
Preferred Fighting Method: Ranged (see stats... he's a weakling)
Fears: Accidentally shooting any of his allies, the full moon, and death (not necessarily his own, more like people close to him and other guards)
Parents and their Status: Arthur and Marisa: deceased - both gruesomely killed by a group of bandits (so I made his parents dead, doesn't mean that he's a kick-butt world saving chosen one, okay?).
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Siblings - Adam and Fiona - Alive. First cousin - William Erikson - Alive.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Knows Bruce McShane and Jhyvarr well, spoken to Magnus Sullivan and Warren Mitchell, and heard rumors of Thomas Mitchell and his exploits.
Family History: Adam (father) was a famous, expert swordsman, and Marisa (mother) was a talented ranger/hunter; therefore, almost everyone expects Gabriel to be some sort of fighting prodigy.
Character History\Biography: As mentioned above, Gabriel's parents were naturally born fighters, and everyone has high expectations for him. He figured that he could train his skills in the Illikon city guard force while he was still young. As of now, Gabriel has been in the city guard for approximately three years. After his second year, his already higher than normal fighting abilities were amplified, and he was far more accurate and powerful with both his sword and his bow.

STATS:
Strength: 3
Perception: 8
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 7
Luck: 5

Edited by Rdda 'Cirom, 31 July 2008 - 07:01 AM.

Mal: You all were watching, I take it?
Kaylee: (reluctantly) Yes.
Mal: Did you see us fight?
Kaylee: No.
Mal: TRAP!

#15 S.C.U.D

S.C.U.D

If I was chocolate, I swear I'd eat myself...

• Nova Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Name: Seth Radcliff
Height: 5'10
Hair Color and Appearance: Black hair
Facial Appearance: This.
Physical Appearance: Slim but muscular
Clothing: Black trousers,Dark gray Shirt
Preferred Weapon(s):Longsword,three throwing axes, this dagger
and these gloves.
Personality: He keeps to himself,hardly talking, very quiet, the few friends he has are very close to him. But he is a bit mentally unstable.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee fighter.
Fears:The undead*shudder*, and snakes.

Parents and their Status:Mother alive and well, Father killed in fire.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: no siblings.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Very good friends with Jhyvarr.
Family History: Father was a blacksmith who was friends with Jhyvarr but his workshop caught on fire after a gang torched the place . His mother took some odd jobs until he joined the guard. Now she just stays at home.
Character History\Biography: Seth loved to watch his father work. Sometimes he would try out the new swords and deliver them for his dad.
On a delivery to Jhyvarr he found out of the arsony that happened he ran back to his fathers place but was too late.The incident left him mentally scarred.

STATS:
Strength:6
Perception:5
Endurance:7
Charisma:3
Intelligence:5
Agility:7
Luck:7

Creativity Meter at beginning : 100%
Creativity Meter now: * broke,caught on fire then in obliterated itself in a nuclear explosion*

"It is my belief that all government is evil and trying to improve it is largely a waste of time."

She speaks the truth.....ANARCHY!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Horatio

Horatio

El Taco de Muertos

• Nova Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Name: Julius Kraetus
Height: 5' 7"
Hair Color and Appearance: Short, curly, dark brown
Facial Appearance: Relatively good looking, wears a goatee
Physical Appearance: Not a big man, but somewhat well muscled. Confident and easy going.
Clothing: Brown tunic and pants. He has purchased some upgrades to his armor, namely a finely crafted helmet and shoulder pauldrons. Other then that, the standard guard armor.
Alignment: Neutral good
Preferred Weapon(s): Short sword and round shield. Carries both at all times (on duty, that is)
Personality: Friendly, easy going and well liked by most people
Fears: Snakes, poison, the supernatural and magic, ambushes
Parents and their Status: Father married into a noble family. Both parents are alive, well off, and considered part of the nobility.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Father runs a large estate outside of the city. Julius' only older brother is being groomed to run the family holdings. His only sister is married to a baron.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Julius has been introduced to many nobles because of his family and is brother-in-law to a baron. He is friendly with his captain.
Family History: His father married into a noble family that owned a large estate, where they raised horses and other live stock. He grew the family holdings, added to the already substantial family fortune, and made good contacts with the nobles.
Character History\Biography: Julius is the middle child, with an older brother, and younger sister. Since his brother will inherit the family holdings, he was encouraged to make a career in the military, which he fully intends to do. Julius was raised on a large country estate outside the city, but often visited the city, so he is comfortable anywhere. He grew up around nobility, so he knows how to act around them, yet is very friendly with people of all status.

STATS:
Strength: 8
Perception: 5
Charisma: 6
Luck:3

Edited by Horatio, 29 July 2008 - 01:57 PM.

"This one's for distance, and FOR GLORY!" -Adam Savage

L'chaim!

#17 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

Ah yes, I remember the last one. I enjoyed it while it lasted. biggrin.gif

Name: Samuel Miller

Age: 48 (The younger guards constantly tease him about his age.)

Height: 5’10”

Hair Color and Appearance:Black with slight silver tinges on temples. He wears it in the modern military style, so that enemies can't grab a handful of hair.

Facial Appearance: Not handsome. He is pale, with some wrinkles underneath his eyes. He has stubble, and scary, squinting eyes and has a scowl when he's in combat, investigating, or face to face with a suspect/criminal. He's like someone out of Splinter Cell in terms of looks. He isn’t very popular, to say the least. He has the wrinkles of wisdom, and the scars of battle.

Physical Appearance: He is lean and muscular, but he isn't Arny muscular to maintain flexibility, though it won't matter much in his restrictive armor.

Clothing: When not in uniform, he tends to stick to either black clothing or earth-colored clothing. He doesn't wash or shine his armor, unless absolutely necessary because it shines when he's on night duty.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Preferred Weapon(s): Shortsword at his side, and a short bow and arrow.

Personality: When he is off duty, he is somewhat friendly, is good at only getting the truth from people, has a sense of right and wrong (which he balances with duty) and enjoys conversation, which he limits. When on duty, he normally has a dark sense of humor, his voice deepens, he is completely alert and coolheaded, and doesn’t undergo much of a transformation. He doesn’t have time for niceties, and much less for lies. Of course, he softens his tone when dealing with kids. He is good at on the spot interrogation, and usually a very scary threat and the brandishing of his knife usually is enough. He won't hesitate to kill, but need alive or innocent until proven guilty are two things he keeps in mind. He doesn't care about glory or anything like that like in his early days, now he just serves to help people and bring justice. Finally, he always fears for his wife and child, both of whom he deeply cares about.

Preferred Fighting Method: Stealthy, long range

Fears: Death, mainly. Also, torture (though he keeps cool under pressure normally), venomous reptiles and insects, being alone forever, everyone just suddenly disappearing, and losing all of his friends.

Parents and their Status: Mother, alive. Father, deceased, stroke.

Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Brother, missing, presumed dead (a sewer victim, apparently), wife, alive, and daughter, alive.

Acquaintances and Knowledge: Once had a conversation with Tom Mitchell. He also, on several occasions has spoken with Captain McShane, whom he respects but doesn’t consider a friend. And finally, he is knows Lukas Galen (I hope you don’t mind, Perspective), whom is the only person he truly considers a friend worth his trust and respect, both. He is friends with a very few other senior members of the guard, but not as high up the list as Lukas.

Family History: Not much to say. Family was all farmers, and his grandpa moved in to Illikon three generation ago.

Character History\Biography: He joined Illikon when he was only 24. He stayed with the guard since, not being as popular or charismatic as many other members of the force, but is more efficient than most are. He once got in trouble for killing a suspect, whom was supposed to stay alive, and Sam said it was self defense. As the bets piled high against him, the many pedestrians who saw the incident came forth, and proved he was not guilty of murder. Since then, he has become a respected member of the guard, though, like mentioned many times earlier, not very popular.

STATS:
Strength: 5
Perception: 9
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 2 (Not a friendly guy.)
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 5

Anything needing a change?

Edited by Colonel Halicon, 29 July 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#18 Mercutio

Mercutio

№ 1

• Nova Member
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

Name: Decimus Aurelius Aculeo
Race: Full-blooded Imperial, and very proud.
Height: 5'8"
Hair Color and Appearance: Decimus' hair is dark, black excepting for a few grey patches beginning around his ears and crown. It's typically kept at medium length, slicked back under his helmet.
Facial Appearance: A rather long, angular face that is unusual in it's ability to produce a scowl in an instant. His mouth is practically always in a frown and his eyes are kept in a strong, rather scary gaze. He might be described as handsome .. if only he'd smile for once.
Physical Appearance: Typical build with strong, well-muscled upper body from training. Decimus has been trained from a very young age to carry himself with pride and has practically perfect posture, leaving his shoulders set wide and neck like it has an iron rod in it. He looks as if he could move in an instant and could run for hours if needed.
Clothing: If there's one thing Decimus can afford, it's good clothing. He owns many fine shirts, often of silk or other rare materials, with a vest over top and black or brown leggings, as well as fitted leather shoes. He wears little jewellery other than his signet ring on his left ring finger.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Preferred Weapon(s): Spear, arming sword, buckler.
Personality: Decimus' personality was formed from his upbringing; that of a noble. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. Decimus uses every law to his advantage where possible, and regards those below him as weak and not deserving of his attention. He can be dismissive at times, but also very suave and charming when required. He also respects those of noble station, and will always hold his word to whomever he gives it.
Preferred Fighting Method: Melee. Decimus is extremely proficient with his sword.
Fears: His top fear is losing his status among society. He is loathe to fall down with those he abhors. Other than that, he fears being tricked, especially where money is involved, or failing in the eyes of his family, mainly his father.
Parents and their Status: Marcus Aurelius Aculeo, father, alive but in a poor state of health. He formerly held a high government position prior to resigning due to his sicknesses. His mother, Lucia Aculeo, is looking after his father.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Marcus Aurelius Aculeo II, brother, deceased. Died in military service several years ago. Titus Aurelius Aculeo, brother, alive, working as a scribe in Eloh.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Other than friends and members of the guard that he knows on a personal basis, he has met Marshal Lucius Fletcher on numerous occasions at government functions with his father. Decimus is also extremely intelligent and has knowledge in fields ranging from history to flora and fauna. He has a particular interest in philosophy and politics.
Family History: The Aculeo name is a revered institution in Illikon. Tracing their history back several hundred years, the Aculeo's are reknowned as power-brokers and politicians, as well as having strong military roots. Marcus Aurelius Aculeo in the past was an advisor and politician, passing several reforms favourable to the Army and Guard making him a favoured client of several officers among the Illikon military community. Marcus Aurelius Aculeo II was also a noted officer and war hero who died on campaign and was given a full military funeral in Illikon.
Character History\Biography: Decimus was the youngest son of three, born into the noble Aculeos. As the third son, he had little in the way of inheritence, but was still raised as all noble children are, with a full education and training regime which, among other things, taught him to appreciate the arts, languages and science, while also schooling him in sword fighting, tactics and horse riding. Although he could have entered into the military after his tutorage ended, his father was still reeling after the death of his eldest son and forbade him. Instead he entered into the Illikon Guard, hoping to serve for several years before looking for positions in goverment. He is now in his 9th year of service and is looking to move into politics soon.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10

http://threemileisland.forumotion.org/

http://enfiladedefilade.blogspot.com/

#19 Dr Blood-Snake

Dr Blood-Snake

There are no men like me

• Nova Member
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Name: Orius Falconus
Height: 5'8
Eye Color: Light Blue
Hair Color and Appearance: Shoulder length, jet black hair.
Facial Appearance: Long, angular, pale face. Quite handsome
Physical Appearance: Thin, and not very muscular, looks more suited to accountancy, instead of combat.
Clothing: He wears a rich doublet embroidered with his family's coat of arms (Two Gules (red) Bendlets on an azure field) his trousers are usually woollen, to help cope with the cold. He also has a fur cloak, which when donned makes him appear slightly more physically imposing; all of his clothes are very expensive.
Alignment:
Preferred Weapon(s): Long sword
Personality: A coward. Orius constantly tries to buy his way out of situations and isn't morally opposed to running away to save his skin, while better men die. The only time he fights is when his life is endangered and there is no other way out. However, despite his cowardice he is very witty and likes to make glib remarks about people's futures (especially if they're going somewhere dangerous and he gets to stay somewhere safe) ands he also gets pleasure from scaring people.
Preferred Fighting Method: Throwing down his weapon and running the other way. If that doesn't work, Orius will generally try to fight dirty.
Fears: Death, fighting, the unknown, and becoming poor.
Parents and their Status: Father: Octanus Falconus, a rich Imperial Marshall who gained renown for fighting in the small war four years ago, and putting down rebellions in the south. Still alive. Mother: Oria, a noble woman from the south, she kept Octanus's household while on campaign. Died giving birth to their final son, who was sickly and died a day later.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: From Oldest to youngest: Octanius, a Captain in the Imperial Legion. Served under his father during the war. Still Alive. Octana disgraced herself by getting pregnant from one of her father's soldiers. She went to raise her son in Eloh. Sill Alive. Octanus II, funny and witty. Angered his father when he went east to search for his family's lost sword. Not returned, presumed dead. Unnamed baby died at one day old, buried in the family's lands.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Claims his family knows Lucuis Fletcher.
Family History: The family was founded when Falconus, an Imperial Marshall, was on campaign for the empire. He, like many others used that to carve out some lands for himself. He also became extremely rich from his campaigns; something later generations would build on. The Falconus family opposed Doriaus's rule, which led to a reduction in the family lands and influence. However, Octanus restored the family's riches with his own military campaigns. When Octanus married into nobility his first son became heir to the title of Baron, which he received on his mothers death. When his father dies Octanius will be the first Falconus to be of the nobility.
Character History\Biography: Born the fourth child of Oria and Octanus, Orius always considered it a slight that all his other sibling's names were variants of their fathers, while Orius's name was a variation on his mothers. This seemed to reflect their respective attitudes towards him. While his father was cold and distant, his mother doted on him, getting him the best tutors to teach him languages, literature, history and sums, all of which he became extremely proficient in. As the years went on Orius developed a talent for horse riding, as well as seduction, listing them among his talents. He has fathered three illegitimate children that he knows of. When his mother died Octanus decided that Orius needed to become a real man. He had some of the greatest fighters train him, but Orius simply couldn't find the passion. Not to admit failure Octanus had Orius go into the legions as a common foot soldier. He fought in the recent war, but uses the term loosely, since he didn't actually see any fighting. After the war was finished Orius fully expected to return home. Octanus had him stationed in Eloh where he insulted another soldier. The other soldier demanded a duel to the death. Orius begged and wept and tried to buy his way out, but failed, and so the duel commenced. Orius fully expected to die, but in his desperation he was able to win the fight. Since then he has also counted 'fighting dirty' amongst his talents. The duel however got the negative attention of his superiors and they had him posted to Illikon.

STATS:
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 3
Luck: 9

Edited by Blood-snake, 30 July 2008 - 06:57 PM.

"Do you still love her?"
"Almost as much as I hate her."

#20 HJC

HJC

Master Specialist

• 705 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:09 AM

Name: Varn Endres
Height: 5'10"
Eye Color: Emerald Green
Hair Color and Appearance: Varn does not car much for keeping up the appearance of his hair. It is medium to long length, dark brown and messy and can often be seen sticking out from under his helmet.
Facial Appearance: Varn has tanned olive skin which is natural to his family. He has dark eyebrows and almond shaped eyes. His mouth and nose are average sized. He appears quite handsome and attractive.
Physical Appearance: Varn's build could be described as a more athletic build over muscular. He is slender and agily posed. His upper arms are muscular however which enables him to posess strength in his arms useful in swimming and such.
Clothing: Varn's clothing is a reflection of his background in the working class of Illikon. Doublets and silk shirts are not commonplace in his wardbrobe. He wears earthy coloured three quater length shorts and darker, baggier vests.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Preferred Weapon(s): He prefers to weild shortswords as his weapon and a clipeus shield.
Personality: Varn is an individualist who follows his own heart, ignores rules and is not to concerned with traditions and such. He typically acts out of self-interest, but does not enjoy seeing others suffer at the expence of himself or others. Overall he can be decribed as a free spirit or very adventurous in behaviour.
Fears: Varn fears rising into the nobility which seems strange in some peoples eyes. Too long have the upper classes looked down their noses at his 'type' and he has a general bitterness towards nobles. He also fears loss of freedom. He has always been free with out too many rules and cringes at the idea of imprisonment.
Parents and their Status: Carlos Endres (55)- Father, Healthy, Docker. Tessa Endres (52)- Mother, Healthy.
Other Family, Siblings, and their Status: Siblings: Harkin- Deceased (Aged 27), Former Imperial Szolider. Jozan (27)- Healthy, Lion Tamer. Nessi (25)- Healthy, Married. Claudius (20)- Healthy, Guard. Nephew: Blaise (3)- Healthy. Various other relatives.
Acquaintances and Knowledge: Apart from his family and friends, Varn has shared a few words on one occation, with Captain-General Warren Mitchell and knows Captain McShane fairly well.
Family History: The Endres family are one of Ilikons working class families. They date back about one hundred and sixty to the first Endres- Alonso Endres, Varn's Great (x6) Grandfather. Since Alonso arrived in Illikon with nothing but his clothes and one coin the family have established themselves as the working class dockers of Illikon's southside. The family is a small income and lavishries are not to be found in the Endres family. They have live in a hut/shack in Illikon's southside.
Character History\Biography: Varn was born in the family home in Illikon's southside. He was the fourth child of his parents and arrived three years after Nessi, the third child. He grew up in the southside among other working class type and had a lot of freedom wandering the city streets. Through ages six to thirteen he kept to the southside and the surronding area and south docks, but upon reaching fourteen years of age he moved out, widening his horizons and explored the whole of city and the other docks and wharfs. He often played on Illikon's beaches as a child with his siblings and friends. At the age of fifteen, his eldest brother, Harkin, died on duty in the early stages of the Illikon-Tribe of the Serpent war. The funeral wasa small one and Harkin was burried at Santi Chapel in the southside. His widow- Andressa and his newborn son- Blaise moved in with the rest of family shortly after. Three years went pass until Varn joined the Illikon Guard and he has served three years. When Varn comes our of the guard it is most likely he will be become a docker like his father before him.

STATS:
Strength: 4
Charisma: 8
Agility: 5

Edited by HJC, 27 August 2008 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users