#1 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsh!

Looks really good. Can't wait. 

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#2 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

So... Confused...

Seems legit...?

#3 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

So... Confused...

Seems legit...?

Why not ?

#4 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm sure the movie'll explain everything fine, but the trailer is just confusing to me. There were only one or two bits I could figure out enough to make me wanna watch it, not that I didn't want to in the first place.

#5 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Okay so I really am not a big comics guy, but didn't Days of Future Past involve like a whole team of X-Men and not just Wolverine? I mean this could be pretty good, but I'm kind of getting worn out on the "Wolverine is the only X-Man" thing. It's beginning to reach Batman levels of just ignoring the other heroes.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#6 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

I definitely agree that Wolverine gets way too much attention. Coolest =/= most interesting.

Give me a movie about Cyclops or Gambit. Oh lawdy, what I would do for those...

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#7 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

POPULAR

Or a movie where Deadpool isn't ruined

mudkip.png

#8 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Okay so I really am not a big comics guy, but didn't Days of Future Past involve like a whole team of X-Men and not just Wolverine? I mean this could be pretty good, but I'm kind of getting worn out on the "Wolverine is the only X-Man" thing. It's beginning to reach Batman levels of just ignoring the other heroes.

From what I heard, considering he's kind of ageless (but not immortal), that means his future self can be transferred to his past self without problems. While the comics it was Shadowcat that did this, with this following a real timeline, Shadowcat wouldn't have been born at the time of the past events...

So yeah, that's their reasons.

#9 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Is it just me, or does everybody seem to be wearing Adam Jensen's armor.

emily-blunt.gif

#10 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Did anyone else think this trailer was kind of cheesy?

"I don't want your future!"

"I need you to find your hope!"

I don't know. Not completely on the hype train yet, though I really liked X-Men: First Class. Plus, Peter Dinklage. But...

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#11 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I thought First Class was kind of silly, personally, but with the old cast back (even Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart) and Bryan Singer at the helm once again, I don't know...it might be pretty good. I'm still not really sure what the story is or who the main characters are supposed to be (Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, of course, but what's Wolverine's role, exactly?) but the trailer makes it look like a relatively interesting superhero flick. Maybe it will recapture the magic of the old X-Men movies.

Posted Image

#12 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I believe Wolverine's role is to go back in time and stop...something. In the comics, that was Shadowcat's role, but since Wolverine is more popular, we'll make him do it.

I guess.

Time travel can make everything messy. I don't know how this'll go.

Edited by Ryoma, 30 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'll just admit something: the X-Men have always been my favorite superheroes.I mean, Batman's the best solo hero, but as far as teams go, I'll take the Uncanny X-Men over your Avengers and Justice League any day. I just like their whole story and world better, with the mutants and everything. X-Men 1 & 2 are probably still my favorite superhero movies as well. i refuse to acknowledge X-Men 3 or Origins: Wolverine, although I actually found the recent "The Wolverine" quite enjoyable. I haven't seen First Class. I guess I'll have to check it out before seeing this new one, so I can get acquainted with these new young snots. Bleh.

And yet... Bryan Singer's back, and he's doing the "Days of Future Past" story?! That's the best! I gotta admit, the trailer didn't sell me on it, but... Bryan Singer! Days of Future Past! Tyrion building Sentinels! I just hope they actually show the future in it too, because right now all I've seen is the past. :\ And bring back Cyclops, dammit!

Still, I'm keeping my hopes up here.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#14 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'll just admit something: the X-Men have always been my favorite superheroes.I mean, Batman's the best solo hero, but as far as teams go, I'll take the Uncanny X-Men over your Avengers and Justice League any day. I just like their whole story and world better, with the mutants and everything. X-Men 1 & 2 are probably still my favorite superhero movies as well. i refuse to acknowledge X-Men 3 or Origins: Wolverine, although I actually found the recent "The Wolverine" quite enjoyable. I haven't seen First Class. I guess I'll have to check it out before seeing this new one, so I can get acquainted with these new young snots. Bleh.

And yet... Bryan Singer's back, and he's doing the "Days of Future Past" story?! That's the best! I gotta admit, the trailer didn't sell me on it, but... Bryan Singer! Days of Future Past! Tyrion building Sentinels! I just hope they actually show the future in it too, because right now all I've seen is the past. :\ And bring back Cyclops, dammit!

Still, I'm keeping my hopes up here.

I'm pretty sure that part where we see Bishop and those 3 other Xmen is the future... 

#15 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's hard, because when I first read about this concept, I thought to myself that it was probably going to be this grand, unifying film that took the pieces of the rather confused X-Men franchise and put them all back together into this glorious story.

But I kinda feel like the fact that it even acknowledges X3 is a serious problem. :unsure:

Admittedly I had problems with the first two X-Men movies (I never really liked the portrayal of Iceman as a generic heartthrob who dates Rogue). But X3 just took what was otherwise a pretty awesome franchise and just tore it to pieces. Cyclops dies off screen, Iceman gets to date Rogue and Shadowcat for some reason, Angel shows up to... Actually, I don't know if Angel did anything in that movie. :P

And I want to trust that Bryan Singer can fix it somehow, but the guy's only human. Plus it looks like it's going to suffer from one of the problems with First Class, which is the use of third-string characters that even die-hard fans don't care about. So in this one, we'll be introduced to Sunspot, Blink, and Warpath? Oi.

But I don't know, I'll try to stay optimistic, I guess.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#16 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't know man, I just watched that trailer again and the part that's all like "I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!" and then all "We need you to hope again," and those few piano notes at the end...that kinda gave me chills. This might actually be the first superhero movie since...hm, I don't know, the Dark Knight, maybe, to portray actual, human emotion rather than alternating snark and anger. It might be nice to see McAvoy's Xavier mature a little bit in his film; his whole character just kind of annoyed me throughout most of First Class - I don't know what young Xavier is supposed to be like as far as the comics go but he seemed very un-Xavier in the movie.

I'm still very skeptical because it's a superhero movie and Marvel's track record has been kind of ehh as of late, but this is definitely looking to be more of an intriguing movie than any of the upcoming Avengers flicks.

Posted Image

#17 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

I believe Wolverine's role is to go back in time and stop...something. In the comics, that was Shadowcat's role, but since Wolverine is more popular, we'll make him do it.

I guess.

Time travel can make everything messy. I don't know how this'll go.

Well, it is also based somewhat on the timeline they've already set up. First Class was set in the early 60's, while the Trilogy was set in modern times, so the span of 40 years. Following that, Shadowcat wasn't born yet, so they couldn't logically use her. 

That's not to say it had to be Wolverine, as cool as he is. It would have been awesome to see Cyclops or Storm go back there to solve it, but Wolverine is by far the most popular X-Men. Easy money if he's a main character.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#18 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

I'm interested to see what they do with Shadowcat honestly. Ellen Page has blown up quite a bit since *shudder* X3...

#19 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm just totally stoked on this movie.

It could flop, yes, but I'd still enjoy the hell out of it. It looks like it's going to be wonderful.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#20 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 930 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

The fact that Bryan Singer's back at this means a lot to me, honestly. If he wasn't, I'd still watch it. But I feel like he'll somehow breath some life back into the franchise. As far as the upcoming Marvel releases go, they all look, for the most part, unimagined and uninspired. They feel like something I've already seen. With this... I don't know, this trailer feels like that first X-men film. (Which is still my favorite...) But it looks different. Personally, I think that's a good thing. 

Also... any trailer that borrows music from The Thin Red Line and Sunshine is a trailer worth watching a thousand times. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users