Photo

Nova Refuge comic thingy + bonus

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

You've never seen Mystery Men? Oh, man. You've got to see it at least once, funny movie.

Also, that is a very nice sketch. I really like the profile in the foreground with his little substation charge pose in the back. I also like the lightning effect, despite them being just swiggly lines. :P If you have a PS3, I'd highly recommend picking up inFAMOUS. Only game I've ever played that made me feel like a superhero.

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

#162 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

To lack charity is to wound the pupil in God's eye.

• 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

You've never seen Mystery Men? Oh, man. You've got to see it at least once, funny movie.

Also, that is a very nice sketch. I really like the profile in the foreground with his little substation charge pose in the back. I also like the lightning effect, despite them being just swiggly lines. :P If you have a PS3, I'd highly recommend picking up inFAMOUS. Only game I've ever played that made me feel like a superhero.

May have to watch tha film, then.

Thanks very much. I was always more of an Xbox man. Never even played a PS3 before, so I'm sorry to say there's very little chance of that happening. Mr. Macgrath was fun to draw, though!
The above statement is a lie.

HELP THE FLEAS!

"DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE." - Liberty Prime

#163 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

I really like that deadshot drawing... That's a very nice sketch. :)

#164 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Thanks, Cutlass. I'm still trying to master anatomy, but I think Deadshot came put a little bit better than most of my recent pictures.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#165 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

I know you have already done 2 wonderfully awesome sketches for me but would you mind doing one more?
How about the marvel character Hawkeye (who is just a ripoff of Green Arrow) doing a western type duel with Green Arrow?
Or a sketch of Black Canary as she appears in Smallville, (which is a pretty good show, I recommend it) I'm intested in how you draw a heroine by herself.
Or since Ive been playing a lot of Battle for Middle Earth maybe Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas fighting a bunch of Uruk Hai led by Lurtz!
Or the Main character of Skyrim fighting a dragon! (wearing his horned helmet of course)

Sorry I got carried away with the requests, you dont have to do all of them just pick one.
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#166 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

No bother with the amount of requests; some of them sound very interesting... I'll do a few of them, if you don't mind, but you'll have to wait a few days. Haven't the time to draw them now, unfortunately...

HELP THE FLEAS!

#167 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

I've really let this thread slide, haven't I? Time for a renewal!

Posted Image

A few characters I've been working on. I like the way they've progressing...

Posted Image

A sketch of Batman inspired by a Neal Adams one on Youtube.

Posted Image

A little bit of Dr McNinja fanart. I rather liked Beeman, and I was sorry to see him go so ingloriously. So I drew a picture of his successor, one who fits in perfectly with the curent storyline.

Posted Image

And finally, here is one of my many, many 'doodles'. In this one I save the Earth and become another useless elected offcial in the Irish government.

That's all I have for now, I'm afraid. Next thing I'll post will most definetly be Trik Torals requests.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#168 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

That Batman is UH-MAY-ZAH. You always kill it with the Batman. The others are nice, too. Admittedly, that first picture had me cocking my head from side to side for a minute. The bulky hazmat suit is certainly an idea and I'm trying to figure out how you made the one in the powdered wig look so badass given... y'know, the powdered wig? The other has a nifty sci-fi look but I wonder, are those bandages across her chest or some sort of armor? I really like the Beeman sketch, too, especially the color. I'm not familiar with the character at all but he looks awesome there. And that last one is pretty hilarious, makes me think of what would happen if a superhero ran for presidnet. 'Cause, I mean, you're not going to vote against the superhero, right?

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

#169 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

Thanks very much, Semi (can I call you that?) . I don't know if I ALWAYS kill with Batman, but yep, I had a lot of fun with this sketch.

I'd like to clarify the bandage type things on the woman, there. Honestly, I just drew her there of the top of my head. I was thinking of making the bands the colours of the Swedish flag or somesuch. In regards to the judge character, it's all in the harsh lines on his face. Powdered wigs CAN be terrifying and intimidating and scary, though. Trust me. Please.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#170 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

Back after months of inactivity. Naturally, I've decided to catch up on Trik's requests just as my life becomes the busiest it's been for months as I move on to college after three whole months of inactivity.

Posted Image

Here's the first request (GREEN ARROW WINS)...

Posted Image

And here's the second. Unfortunatly, I haven't got any of the other requests done. Sorry, Trik...

And finally, here's some other work I've done over the last while:

Posted Image

A little comic featuring the Judge in my picture on the above post...

Posted Image

A sketch of one of the Blackhawks for a Daily Sketch Challenge on another forum...

Posted Image

And another one from the same place.

Well, that's all I have. I know I've really let the thread fall to inactivity over the last while, but hopefully, I'll now have the drive to get post some more work, barring any interference from my college work.

God Bless, chums.

Edited by The Railway Man, 01 September 2011 - 08:56 PM.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#171 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Well, SSLF, salutations! Please let me breathe some life into this old thread, dear Mods, instead of beating me with warning sticks. In mere hours it will have been a year since I last posted here, so, while I am not, say, 'early', I am on time. In one manner of speaking, I concede. The insane one.

Anyway, here are some recent little drawings of mine. Please forgive my absence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope I'll be able to devote some time to this site over the next year, instead of following last year's strategy, which was 'run away and hope that I'm neither missed or forgotten'.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#172 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I just went and looked over most if not all of your art, and I have to say that you've improved tons! I really love the sketch of Batman at the top there, and Beeman looks great! I can't say I'm digging Superman's hairdo, but you nailed most of the other sketches! Bravo! :D

#173 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Thanks very much, Tommy!

As for Superman's hair cut, and I presume you refer to the latter of the two drawings, you may blame the 1990's for that.

HELP THE FLEAS!

#174 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Your alive! :lego_grin: I love the style you draw in and still treasure the ones you drew for me.
The Spartan looks great and I'm loving the WW2 soldier, chest hair and bandoleers are manly. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#175 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'd love to see some other superheroes done in your style! Maybe some Marvel characters as well as DC? Deadpool and the Flash would be so rad! :P But you know, no worries if you don't want too. I just think your renditions of the superheroes you've drawn are really great!

#176 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'd love to see some other superheroes done in your style! Maybe some Marvel characters as well as DC? Deadpool and the Flash would be so rad! :P But you know, no worries if you don't want too. I just think your renditions of the superheroes you've drawn are really great!

Thanks very much. Been meaning to draw some more superheroes. I've always negelected Marvel, though. Maybe that should change...

Your alive! :lego_grin: I love the style you draw in and still treasure the ones you drew for me.
The Spartan looks great and I'm loving the WW2 soldier, chest hair and bandoleers are manly. :thumbs:

Nice to see I've been missed! I really did take a nice long break, didn't I? Who knows. I may perchance stick around a smidgen longer. The World War 2 trooper is in fact Sgt. Rock, a DC comics character. He doesn't need bandoleers to be manly. He just likes to accessrize...

HELP THE FLEAS!

#177 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

WELCOME BACK MY FRIEND.

And with that, I shall wait for more drawings of Batman.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#178 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

• 221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

WELCOME BACK MY FRIEND.

And with that, I shall wait for more drawings of Batman.

And greetings to you too, friend! It is far more than agreeable to return here after so long an absence.

As for more etchings and sketches of the Caped Crusader...

Posted Image

HELP THE FLEAS!

#179 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

I really like the amount of work you put into that one, it really shows. With that said, I don't really love the pose. It's not as dynamic as a lot of your other Batman sketches and/or other art. The Beeman remains my favorite. :P Nevertheless, it is still a really good sketch! I wanna see the flash now :P

Edit: I actually just drew the flash, you should try a Marvel hero :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users