• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#41 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hey guys, I've noticed a few broken images floating around the forums on various skins.

If you see a broken image (one that won't load at all, no matter how many times you refresh), please report it here. If you could give me the exact URL of the image that won't load, that would be a huge help. Thanks.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

What are you guys doing to my server now? :P

I had to request a reboot because the SQL database quit responding. Guess I'll back up the database now just in case.

Anyway, things might go down again. Who knows. If you're writing a post you deem important, might want to save a copy. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#43 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

What are you guys doing to my server now? :P

Boys, we've been discovered.

Seriously, though, I was wondering what happened. I logged off for a bit, came back on not 10 minutes later and got some weird SQL server error.

Posted Image

#44 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

Just in case anyone reads this topic:

If certain forum functions begin to disappear, it's likely that I'm disabling them to save server processing power.

My web host tells me I might have to upgrade my server to prevent further downtime, but really the only thing causing problems for my server are these forums. And I don't want to pay even more for them than I'm already paying... so yeah.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#45 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:39 AM

The best way to fix it is with Old SSLF.
Old timer

#46 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

I just finished upgrading some of the forum apps. I want to start using the IP Gallery to host my website's art section, but I wanted to upgrade it first. I still have some skin issues to fix, but the Gallery already looks more organized, as you can see.

There is a large Invision Power Board update I'm still waiting to install, but I would have to re-skin the whole forum again, which is why I haven't done it yet. We'll see how this new Gallery works first.

Finally, I think I'm gonna move this topic to the Great Hall. As always, please report any forum issues here and I'll try to tackle them.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#47 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm getting the error where multi-quote doesn't seem to work again like it should and instead is just another reply button. I think it's because I use IE, not too sure.
Old timer

#48 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

I'm getting the error where multi-quote doesn't seem to work again like it should and instead is just another reply button. I think it's because I use IE, not too sure.

My multi-quote worked when quoting this.

Scorp, you may find this helpful.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#49 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Did you try multi-quoting more than one post?
Old timer

#50 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Yup, it's Internet Explorer. I just checked. IE also double-posts profile comments again, even after I installed a patch for that earlier...

Yeah, I turned on a few CPU saving options, but people already fussed about me turning off the "Watch Topics" thing, so I turned it back on. I didn't know anyone used it. :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#51 508

2rAnDuMb4u XDDD

• 751 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Well I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so I might just be insane, but the image that's supposed to show that you've replied to a specific topic don't show up for me, and I'm not able to see a list of everyone browsing a specific board, such as when you're on sslf/redbase; at the bottom where it shows a generic list of people. I've been having these problems for a while now.
Posted Image

#52 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Well I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so I might just be insane, but the image that's supposed to show that you've replied to a specific topic don't show up for me, and I'm not able to see a list of everyone browsing a specific board, such as when you're on sslf/redbase; at the bottom where it shows a generic list of people. I've been having these problems for a while now.

"Nedry said a few systems would go offline, didn't he?"

Those are both features I disabled to cut back on server load... I didn't think they seemed necessary. I'm trying to prevent the trouble I've been having lately with the SQL database going down, possibly due to high server load.

So far, those are the only two changes I've made to cut down on SQL database queries.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#53 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

When I try to change my Avatar, it doesn't show up with the image I want it to instead still keeps my old Avatar. I'm not sure if this problem is just me and others can see it but I can't see my new avatar.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#54 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

When I try to change my Avatar, it doesn't show up with the image I want it to instead still keeps my old Avatar. I'm not sure if this problem is just me and others can see it but I can't see my new avatar.

When you upload an avatar directly to the forums, it replaces the old image but keeps the same filename. Since your browser already has a file with that name in your cache, it simply loads up the saved copy of the file. So it's not a forum problem; it's just your browser. ;)

Your browser will eventually fix it, but if you wish to force it, just try refreshing the page (F5 key on your keyboard). That should force it to re-download the file from the server.

tl;dr: Just refresh the page a few times and your new avatar should appear.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#55 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

It seems SSLF doesn't like Windows 7. Ever since I upgraded from XP, the forum has tried its best to be inconvenient. For one thing I've gotten that double-comment problem that other members have had. There are other things too, but those aren't of any significance (Such as the page refreshes itself when I upvote a post, and when I try to access the warn logs I get directed to a new page instead of that neat little window popping up). Has anybody else had this problem on their Windows 7?

#56 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Are you using Internet Explorer? The latest version of IE seems to be the source of the problems. Don't know about Windows 7...

I need to update to the new version of IPB, really. It would mean re-coloring the skin again from the ground up, but there's supposed to be a tool that helps you do that now... I just need to set aside a day or two and get it done, I guess.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#57 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Getting a lot of server hiccups this morning, and I don't like that. Could be due to heavy traffic.

Warning: I may try disabling some forum features. So if something breaks, it could be intentional.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#58 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

I was wondering why the search function was going "NO!". Good to know.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#59 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Getting a lot of server hiccups this morning, and I don't like that. Could be due to heavy traffic.

Warning: I may try disabling some forum features. So if something breaks, it could be intentional.

Yeah, I have no idea why it said there were 85 guests that morning either...

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#60 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on either. Traffic seems high lately, even though business is kinda slow.

And yes, the Search function has been disabled for Freebies, at least for now. If you want to search the forums, you can still use Google. Just prefix your search terms with "site:forums.saber-scorpion.com" and Google will only show results from SSLF. Not perfect, but it works fairly well.

EDIT: I noticed a lot of those guests were viewing random member profiles - even the profiles of members who have never posted. No idea what that's all about. Anyway, I have now disabled the ability of guests to view user profiles. You'll have to log in to do that.

EDIT2: A bunch of the guests have IP addresses that trace back to some kind of Chinese search engine called "Baidu":

Baidu the giant China based search engine has been tearing up the web with what seems to be the most aggressive crawl rate from any search engine spider bot ever, now they have added additional IP ranges to hit even harder. (source)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users