#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

POPULAR

New Medals

I finally added medals for the winners (not most of the runners-up - there were just too many - sorry, guys) in each category of the previous contest, and a medal for everyone who has been actively participating in Errant since its beginning! Both medals can be seen on the far right of Sareth's awards plaque here: sareth.png

New Contest Series Preview

Also! I'm planning to start a series of themed contests based around fantastical elements, with a new contest for each element every other month or so...

preview.png

Water, Frost, Air, Storm, Fire, Earth, Life, Shadow, Light

The first contest will be Water. The objective will be to create something (probably a LEGO creation, but other artistic mediums will also be accepted) themed around water. It should prominently feature lots of water, preferably in action somehow rather than just sitting there. It can be based on any setting or theme (sci-fi, fantasy, movie, video game, whatever!), as long as there's a lot of water. Oh, and ice and clouds don't count - those will be in separate contests.

I'm planning to start the contest soon - some time within the next week or so. The rest of the elements will follow every couple of months - probably in the order listed above, but that's subject to change. I don't know if we'll make it all the way to the end of the list, but here's hoping!

Let me know if you have any thoughts, and you can of course feel free to get working on a water entry if you're interested! :)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

Can I get a "Best Oufy" medal? Or one for being the best Ryoma?

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#3 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

While we're add it I'm gonna need a Best Doctor medal too.:P

Might already have an idea in mind for that Water contest. Will 'other artistic mediums' include writing by any chance, or will it need to be a visual medium?

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#4 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

<_<

I think that sounds like a lot of fun, Scorp! I always love it when you do these contests and the awesome stuff people'll make for them, and I think these are some fun themes to work with. Maybe even throwing in an extra variable could be cool, like a selection of second words to combine with the element for the theme of the image. I think this sounds like a lot of fun though. :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

Will 'other artistic mediums' include writing by any chance, or will it need to be a visual medium?

Honestly, I wasn't planning to include writing, because it's so hard to judge beside visual media... but if you feel you have a good idea, what the hey? Maybe I'll change my plans.

Would anyone else be interested in submitting a writing entry? Please like this post if you're interested. If enough people want it, then I'll include a writing section.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'd probably submit written over visual art, given I'm awful at the latter and a little more passable at the former :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

BWAH!

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

I'd actually be down for writing. Worse case it'll help force me write more for school 

Posted Image

#8 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the Errant Badge! May there be many more years of Errant to come!

Anyways, based off of that trash that I wrote for the last contest, I will definately be drawing this time.

I have a good idea for my entry, but I have one question:

Is there a limit on how much stuff you can submit?

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

Is there a limit on how much stuff you can submit?

I haven't decided yet, but I'll probably accept more than one entry.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#10 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

Guess it is time to get building. This time I need to make something insane. Is there a size limit on MOCS?
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:03 AM

Scorp does swampy water count? It's been too long since I made a Fantasy vig and I've recently got some lovely swamp suitable parts so I could do something with that? :lego_smile:

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#12 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

Guess it is time to get building. This time I need to make something insane. Is there a size limit on MOCS?

Probably not, but how big were you thinking?

Scorp does swampy water count? It's been too long since I made a Fantasy vig and I've recently got some lovely swamp suitable parts so I could do something with that? :lego_smile:

Hmm, sure, that should be fine, as long as there's a pretty good emphasis on the water.

Entries will be judged by how well they make use of the water. Like, an entry of a boat at sea could get a decent score, but a boat that's leaking with water spraying out of the hole and filling up the deck would get way more points. Or, a vignette of some guys fighting on top of a dam would get a decent score, but if the dam is breaking and water is spraying out, that would way more. And so on. :)

I'm gonna start the contest pretty soon, I promise! I finally finished getting my new printer working, so once I get these orders done I should have time...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#13 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

Was thinking of a 64x64 build possibly.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sounds good!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#15 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

Was thinking of a 64x64 build possibly.

Exciting and a little bit jelly making, looking forward to seeing your new build :lego_hehe:

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users