Mass Effect

• Please log in to reply
3746 replies to this topic

#3721 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

• Nova Patron
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

I'm refering to the infinite loadtime that Joe mentioned he's getting.

You do realize it's best to go back and read everything prior before jumping in, right?

Yes, and in this case, infinite loadtimes are a multi-platform problem.

#3722 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

nEGCgQ2.gif

giphy.gif

8l82igf.gif

25Vp6Iy.gif

Fqf36ff.gif

S2LtG30.gif

What is this game?

You know what that is Ocelot?

Vocal Minority (or visual?  Don't know what it would change to, regardless, point is still standing).  Because it's easy to claim it's broken when only a small handful of players are showing it stuff of and the majority of those who are playing it and don't get as drastic of issues as the stuff people are showing off.

Because you know what?  In the roughly 75 hours I've put into the game since launch, you know how many major issues like those reported by streamer/YouTuber's I've come across?

1.  And even then it was during the Play First trial, so pre-release, and was caused by me making the game crap itself by repeatedly hopping in and out of the Nomad.

No crab walking.  No awkward contortions.  No overly glitched models.  No glitched faces.  Only really minor issues that BioWare stuff has been excused for in the pas.

And you know what else?  I'm not the only one.  I've come across multiple people who back me up on the fact that it's not as buggy or glitchy as the early footage from YouTubers and streamers made it out to be.  So you know what?

Stop taking the stuff of streamers and YouTubers as fact.  They are nothing but a vocal minority, a small percentage of the game's population.  They do not represent the experience you will have.

Yes, and in this case, infinite loadtimes are a multi-platform problem.

Then next time START WITH THAN INSTEAD OF JUST TRYING TO BUTT IN WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE!

5Sa8Z49.gif

#3723 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:41 AM

You know, guys, it's okay to not get heated with each other talking about a game :P

Randomman, you officially have our permission to enjoy the game as you've experienced. Everyone else officially has permission to perceive what percentage of Andromeda's player population is experiencing bugs that could potentially be game-breaking and decide to avoid the game until Bioware does something to fix the mess they've caused for a number of people already - minority or not. Until either of you groups can pull accurate percentages of who is having bugs and who isn't, there is no point in deciding which side is actually a minority. It's simply impossible for any of us to tell until we have an accurate, neutral count of who's having trouble and who isn't; which, suffice it to say, probably won't happen ever, if only thanks to trolls falsely reporting problems (not saying this is definitely happening or not in this case, but it's a general problem with the internet so yeah).

So 'you know what?' How about we all turn this conversation down about ten notches before we lose the video game boards because people can't behave? :P

(Just for the record, you don't have to worry about the video game board; it's not going anywhere. ;) -Scorp)

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3724 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

Can we talk instead about how Ryder (female Ryder at least) is the worst flirt in the Andromeda Galaxy?

Shepard was always so very smooth and Ryder is just hilariously awkward all the time.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#3725 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

But Buuurgs I'm basically only checking in here to either laugh about the new title or about what new and interesting ways Randomman entrenches in complete self-denial about the state of Andromeda's polish! ;)

Shepard was always so very smooth and Ryder is just hilariously awkward all the time.

(Okay no but really Shephard is probably the least "hey-I-carry-a-rape-whistle-out-of-habit-now" besides Geralt when it comes to RPG character flirting). 

Edited by The Captain, 28 March 2017 - 01:52 PM.

nY1rpGl.gif

#3726 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,635 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

It started with announcements of announcements. Activision just put out a teaser of a teaser for Destiny 2. Now, though? How about an announcement of an announcement OF A PATCH!

c8h9a88uwaaytsz.jpg-ecy3y.jpeg

Stay tuned for more tales of The Ryder.

#3727 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,635 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

That patch is looking pretty good so far. Before and after:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#3728 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

So I've been gone for a while because of this game. I clocked playthrough 1 at 98% completion (couldn't be bothered to find the rest of the dead colonists on Eos) with about 128 hours on log.

Final opinion of the game's story is that it was good. It's not an award winner story, but then again, neither was the original trilogy. There have been a lot of interesting questions raised for future visitation.

The characters on the other hand made the game, as usual for a Bioware title. If we're comparing Andromeda to ME1 as the first of a story arc, the Tempest crew is already closer to my heart than the Normandy crew were at the comparable time. There's no accounting for the attachment that ME2 and 3 brought, but give Andromeda's cast some time to grow on people, and they can gain that level.

- Liam and Cora > Ashley and Kaidan any day of the week... even if Cora didn't just mention she trained with Asari Huntresses for the 700 bajillionth time. And Cora is still my least favorite of the Tempest crew.

- If Wrex was Cool Space Uncletm, then Drack is Cool(er) Space Grandad. Yes I just called Drack cooler than Wrex. Fite me.

- You can't make me choose between Garrus and Vetra. They're both best Turians. Vetra is a cool space pirate though.

- Peebee wins the Asari spot by default, because unlike Liara, she has personality.

- Jaal is just a giant dork, and I love him. It's because of him I have trouble remembering the Angara are completely new to Mass Effect.

- Kallo couldn't hope to compete with Joker, but that's ok, because no-one can. Can't really say anything particular about him, but that's not because I find him boring. He's just so shy and introverted.

- Dr. Lexi wins by being an actual doctor that does things. Dr. Chakwas was just another face to talk to with a decent voice actor.

- Gil's personality seems to only show up if you're A)Male Ryder and B)romancing him. Otherwise, he's Mr. Poker Facts Guy.

EDIT: - Oh crap, I completely forgot Suvi. Guess that tells you all you need to know about her.

And then coolest ally in the game (who's also a both-sexes romance) is Reyes Vidal. I don't think I've ever watched a character seduce my player character so effortlessly. Also points for that super spoiler thing.

I take it I've left SSLF rather screenshot starved lately. That'll change soon.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#3729 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

- Liam and Cora > Ashley and Kaidan any day of the week... even if Cora didn't just mention she trained with Asari Huntresses for the 700 bajillionth time. And Cora is still my least favorite of the Tempest crew.

- If Wrex was Cool Space Uncletm, then Drack is Cool(er) Space Grandad. Yes I just called Drack cooler than Wrex. Fite me.

- You can't make me choose between Garrus and Vetra. They're both best Turians. Vetra is a cool space pirate though.

- Peebee wins the Asari spot by default, because unlike Liara, she has personality.

- Jaal is just a giant dork, and I love him. It's because of him I have trouble remembering the Angara are completely new to Mass Effect.

- Kallo couldn't hope to compete with Joker, but that's ok, because no-one can. Can't really say anything particular about him, but that's not because I find him boring. He's just so shy and introverted.

- Dr. Lexi wins by being an actual doctor that does things. Dr. Chakwas was just another face to talk to with a decent voice actor.

- Gil's personality seems to only show up if you're A)Male Ryder and B)romancing him. Otherwise, he's Mr. Poker Facts Guy.

EDIT: - Oh crap, I completely forgot Suvi. Guess that tells you all you need to know about her.

And then coolest ally in the game (who's also a both-sexes romance) is Reyes Vidal. I don't think I've ever watched a character seduce my player character so effortlessly. Also points for that super spoiler thing.

I take it I've left SSLF rather screenshot starved lately. That'll change soon.

Yeah, Cora definitely suffers from the "Starter human squadmate" curse.  Don't get me wrong, she has more personality than Ashley or Miranda ever had, but she's nowhere near as nice as the others.

Liam, I did not expect to like him as much as I did.  Because he doesn't just break that curse, he smashes it with a Krogan hammer.

Spoiler

Yeah, that describes Drack quite well.  And much like Wrex, he is very much a different kind of krogan who isn't (always) focused on killing almost everything.  But I wouldn't go as far as to say he's better.  I'd say they'd be on the same level.

Fair enough for Vetra.

Don't get my started on Peebee.  So much about her that I like

Spoiler

Again, that fits Jaal quite well.  I actually quite enjoyed some of his missions.

Spoiler

Like you said, no one could compare to Joker, especially in terms of comedic relief(On a side note, SAM does not compare to EDI, especially when it comes to jokes).  Still, he's still a worthy addition to the series.

Also doesn't hurt hearing the relationship between Lexi and some of the crew members.

Spoiler

Gil's personality actually shines a bit more even with Sara Ryder if you chose to take the more, sarcastic, smart*** responses.  For example:

Spoiler

And Suvi?  Very much a nice replacement to Traynor, and especially so to Kelly Chambers.

And for Reyes Vidal, it's probably that accent.  Dude's accent could probably even seduce Krogan.  As for being a romance option, I didn't go with him on account of three reasons.  Those being 1: I was locked into PeeBee (real life choice), 2: I was determined to get to the lock in point for romances with PeeBee, and 3: a certain spoiler reason that I will NOT go into, for now.

And to everyone else, I have seen the stream of Screenshots Spark was taking on Xbox.  Prepare to not be deprived of Spark screenshots for quite some time.

Also, I beat the game a little while ago.  Took roughly 80 hours to get through on Hardcore, with everything but a few small side missions done.  Starting a New Game+.  And let me tell you, I REALLY LIKE THE NEW GAME PLUS SYSTEM.

For those who don't know, in Previous ME games, New Game+ takes away most of what you did in the previous playthrough (Granted, I don't know how ME1's New Game+ system worked, but I believe it was similar).  In ME2 and 3, only weapons/weapon mods, armor, levels, Paragon/Renegade points, and base options such as gender and name would carry through.  Credits (and resources in ME2) would be taken away, but you would be given a bonus of resources as a sort of "welcome back" type gift.  Your skill points would need to be redistributed if you change class, and all points will need to be distributed for squadmates.

In Andromeda however, it is much better (in my opinion).  ALMOST EVERYTHING CARRIES OVER.  Levels, skill points (thank's to the classless system), weapons, mods, armor pieces, ect. (even squadmate skill points and choices carry), only thing that DOESN'T carry over is Cyro Pod points from Andromeda Viability Points levels (which is tied to game progression, so it makes sense as to why it doesn't carry over).  And you can choose if you want to change it up and play a Ryder of a different gender, or rename your character, for example.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#3730 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,852 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Been trying to play the game but it crashes every 30 minutes or so like clockwork. Just landed on Eos but gave up in frustration.

Running it on PC with a GTX 1070, i7 6700k and 16GB/3000MHz DDR4 RAM. Drivers up to date, graphics setting all optimized. Problem is most definitely not on my end.

Gonna have to wait for some more stability patches before this game is playable for me, which is a shame because I was really excited for it and am genuinely interested in the story so far.

#3731 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

We've just ordered our PS4 but my dear wife has asked me to wait until the game comes down in price. Counting down the days....

#3732 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,262 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Welp, Bioware dun goofed. Doubt ME is dead forever, but still shows how the mighty have fallen. IMO the best hope is we wait a decade and have a studio pull out a Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and then not follow that up with a Mankind Divided). Looks like literally the pre-release doom and gloom has unfortunately been justified.

My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#3733 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Think everyone saw this coming sooner or later waaaay back when EA first assimilated BioWare.

They better hope their mystery new IP does well or it's off to the farm with Westwood and Pandemic.

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#3734 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Welp, Bioware dun goofed. Doubt ME is dead forever, but still shows how the mighty have fallen. IMO the best hope is we wait a decade and have a studio pull out a Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and then not follow that up with a Mankind Divided). Looks like literally the pre-release doom and gloom has unfortunately been justified.

I'm sorry, but could someone please tell me where these people are getting their source on how Andromeda was getting a direct sequel?  Because there is something I posted back in November that proved otherwise.

I already knew there was going to be DLC with Andromeda.  It's both an EA and BioWare game, they do expansions for their games.  By the time I finished my first run, I got an idea of what those DLCs would be.  I was not expecting here to be a direct sequel to Andromeda after my previously mentioned link.  They are still working on Andromeda, as well as expansions to it, given how they were in support mode for it, it's likely going to be longer until we see those expansions.

Hell, remember this, Andromeda was made by BioWare Montreal, who isn't their main team or the team that did the first three.  And while it may be longer until we see another ME game, I was kinda expecting that given how EA is mainly focused on putting out Star Wars games, since they have a limit to how long they can use that license.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#3735 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

If it had done better, it would have gotten sequels, whatever BioWare* planned or didn't plan. EA doesn't let IPs lie when there's a demand for them, even if that means just shoving random crap out the door.

Dragon_Age_2_cover.jpg

pic unrelated

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#3736 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,635 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

I mean, there would have been another Mass Effect game, whether it was a direct sequel to Andromeda's story or not. Now that Bioware and EA have so effectively salted the Earth with the one-two punch of ME3's ending and Andromeda's... everything, I suppose it's all over. This is a story of just pure ineptitude. I was going to compare it to Nintendo dumping out a Metroid game nobody wanted with Federation Force, seeing how badly it sold and then saying "Well, I suppose people don't want Metroid games any more", but it's not really the same thing. Metroid on its best day doesn't sell a fraction of what Mass Effect does. Mass Effect should, by rights, have been easy money, so it's a testament to just how badly they botched it.

I also wonder just how damaging that EA Access 7-day trial was. Such widespread coverage of the game in the state they released it in, before it was widely available, certainly stopped me from buying it, at least. If there'd been no trial I probably would have bought it sight unseen in a blind fanboy stupor.

Anyway, goodnight sweet Mass Effect prince, I suppose. See you in the soft-reboot in 2025.

#3737 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

POPULAR

Think everyone saw this coming sooner or later waaaay back when EA first assimilated BioWare.

They better hope their mystery new IP does well or it's off to the farm with Westwood and Pandemic.

Time to dust off this oldie again, I guess:

OFlURMJ.jpg

Wait, are they actually working on another Dragon Age? Does this mean that... we might end up living in a world with more Dragon Age games than Mass Effect games? :negative:

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#3738 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

I'd be very happy if Bioware was able to use the downtime to create a new KOTOR or spiritual sequel, but that makes far too much financial sense for EA to try.

#3739 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

I'd be very happy if Bioware was able to use the downtime to create a new KOTOR or spiritual sequel, but that makes far too much financial sense for EA to try.

You do know they are already working on a Star Wars game other than continuing TOR, right?

Almost all of EA's Developers are doing that.  Hell, they even stated around EA Play last year that they were working on one.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#3740 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,635 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

I think the latest stirrings from the rumour mill are that OG Bioware (now Bioware Edmonton) are working on a new IP that was going to be one of those 'games-as-a-service' endless online grinding nightmares like Destiny, and Bioware Austin (the TOR people) are making some kind of thing that might be a KOTOR remake/re-imagining/something-or-other. Hopefully we'll find out at E3, if only for the brief respite from EA's Sports and Misery Power Hour-And-Forty-Five-Minutes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users