NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

WG Updates (Latest 03/06)

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#41 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Very nice illustration, Dagoth! I personally would say the crutches are just crutches, but that doesn't make the picture any less awesome. Your attention for detail never ceases to amaze me. I'm very glad to see you still enjoy making Wulfgart art. :D 

Also, new update:

The Stories page on the Wulfgard site has been updated and improved with the most recent stories, all accompanied by artwork and a small plot description. The two new stories are Hunted and Potential Energy. Be sure to check them out!

Also, the previously experimental persistent world RPG, Errant, now has its own board, a subforum of the G4. This should aid considerably in managing and organizing the RP, while also making it easier to access for newcomers and returning players alike.

Be sure to stay tuned for further updates! Something very big is happening soon - you don't want to miss it.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#42 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

Scorp posted some new Wulfgard artwork, including the full image of the cover art for Hunted, and an all-new digital drawing of Caiden:

gallery_1_192_214405.jpg

Also, the link to the wiki in the Wulfgard forum description has been fixed. It now properly directs to the official Wulfgard wiki hosted on our server, as opposed to the Wikia site.

EDIT: Justin is buckling down now to finish the dwarf issue of the Wulfgard comic and create the final cover art, in preparation for the Wulfgard crowd-funding project- So, expect more regular art updates as we build up to that!

Starting with some race_Dvergar.png!

gallery_1_193_124487.jpg

gallery_1_193_250692.jpg

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#43 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

POPULAR

dwarves05.jpg

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#44 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:59 PM

POPULAR

dwarves06.jpg

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#45 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

As somebody who knew circa-2005 you, the dwarf chick's armor makes me lol.

(Yes, I am going to keep bringing that rant up. Forever. You will never escape it)

^_^

Thrawnie's [lack of a] love life is a popular topic.

UBQLqv7.png

#46 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

Bomm knocking another dwarf out by throwing a tankard of ale, is honestly: One of the greatest things I've seen! XD Also, lovely colors! Zat you, Wolfy?

emily-blunt.gif

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

Bomm knocking another dwarf out by throwing a tankard of ale, is honestly: One of the greatest things I've seen! XD Also, lovely colors! Zat you, Wolfy?

I just did the flats this time. Didn't have time to do the shading and shinies due to college stuff.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#48 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

But where's my helmet at, though

• Nova Patron
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, that was great. But it was a waste of perfectly good ale. :D

Also, is this chapter of a comic a huge reference to that short story Scorp wrote that explained how Bomm lost his eye and stuff?

Anyways, something about Vengar looks...a little off. He doesn't seemed positioned correctly. :P

Also, Brenna shouldn't be trying to seduce Bomm. She's married, for crying out loud! :D

#49 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,147 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

As somebody who knew circa-2005 you, the dwarf chick's armor makes me lol.

(Yes, I am going to keep bringing that rant up. Forever. You will never escape it)

^_^

The same thought entered my mind.

lWZ8e6F.png

#50 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

POPULAR

Spoiler

:P It's true my dwarves are my most 'extreme fantasy' race in terms of armor design - I just think huge pauldrons look cool on dwarves; helps emphasize their different physique - but let's be real for a sec, this stuff is nowhere near the kind of thing I was ranting about back in the early 2000's:
Spoiler

Back then every fantasy video game looked cartoonishly outlandish like that, but today it's easier to avoid it because a lot of people are going for the currently-popular "gritty Game of Thrones" look, resulting in more toned-down realistic armor in games like Dragon Age, the Witcher, and Skyrim, relatively speaking. Which I appreciate in general, but I don't mind something a little crazier and more fantastical now and then.

Anyway, you guys make all the fun you want, but I'm quite fond of Brenna's beetle armor and enjoyed designing it. It's inspired by a combination of different real-world beetle parts:

concept_brenna_beetle_armor.jpg
Helmet and pauldrons - Rhino beetle:
Spoiler

Breastplates and tassets - Golden ground beetle:
Spoiler

Belt buckle - head of the Sacred Scarab beetle:
Spoiler

And I posted these elsewhere, but Dagfari's mount is an Atlas beetle:
Spoiler

And Brenna's is a Rainbow scarab:
Spoiler

I think I like bugs a little too much... 

Also, is this chapter of a comic a huge reference to that short story Scorp wrote that explained how Bomm lost his eye and stuff?

You remember that? Yes, it's pretty much that story. That story was taken from a chapter of my earliest draft of what became this Wulfgard comic.

Also, Brenna shouldn't be trying to seduce Bomm. She's married, for crying out loud! :D

She's just sweet-talkin' him. Dagfari, Bomm, and Brenna all know each other.

-Scorp

#51 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

Oooh, so we get an excellent fantasy comic AND a lesson in entomology?  

Spoiler

Well, I for one heartily approve of Scorp's armor designs for the dwarves.  Different enough to be fantastical, but subdued enough to be practical/wearable (unlike those other examples he shared).  I found Vegnar's void iron and deepgold combination especially appealing.

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#52 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

I found Vegnar's void iron and deepgold combination especially appealing.

Ooooooh, so that's what kind of armor that is! 

Oten's gonna get him some of that.

When he gets enough money, that is. 

#53 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

I can't take credit for Vegnar's black and gold armor; that was all Maegan when she was coloring the page. She was playing around with the colors, changed Vegnar's armor from silver to black, and since it looked cooler, asked if I liked the idea of him wearing void iron. Since I've been developing the idea of a dwarven anti-mage legion wearing the metal (it only makes sense, since the dwarves mine it), I was 100% cool with that.

-Scorp

#54 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

I wanted to do some more work on the next dwarf page, so I didn't quite get it done in time for Sunday. Instead, I'd like to thank Amarok for our first guest comic!

-Scorp

#55 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

A GUEST PAGE!

I want me some o' that action. :D

#56 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

POPULAR

New comic. Now that my webcomic system is capable of auto-resizing images, I'm gonna start uploading these in higher resolution!

dwarves07.jpg

-Scorp

#57 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

Ooooh! Looking real good there, Scorp! Have I told you how much I love the shinies on the armor? Because I totally do.

emily-blunt.gif

#58 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Dang, that Drow Svart City looks sweet!

Also, who started this conflict? The Dwarves, who, as usual, dug too deep because they're greedy, or the Svarts?

#59 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Dang, that Drow Svart City looks sweet!

Also, who started this conflict? The Dwarves, who, as usual, dug too deep because they're greedy, or the Svarts?

The Svartalfar. Clan Firebeard is one of the more surface-oriented dwarf clans, composed of craftsmen and traders more than miners, so they don't delve all that deep. The current king of Ak'Varilystha, however, is a megalomaniac trying to spread the borders of his dark elf empire in all directions. He's stirred up more than one enemy, as you'll discover...

-Scorp

#60 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hahah, yes!  Nothing like a good speech to whip the troops into a frenzy.  Who knew Bomm could motivate people in ways that don't involve threats of bodily harm?  XD  Well....threats aimed at the people he's trying to motivate, that is.

Ooooh! Looking real good there, Scorp! Have I told you how much I love the shinies on the armor? Because I totally do.

Heh, we could all mention it more often, probably.

The Svartalfar. Clan Firebeard is one of the more surface-oriented dwarf clans, composed of craftsmen and traders more than miners, so they don't delve all that deep. The current king of Ak'Varilystha, however, is a megalomaniac trying to spread the borders of his dark elf empire in all directions. He's stirred up more than one enemy, as you'll discover...

Ooooh, foreshadowing!  I think I remember a short story of yours about this incident, but I'll keep quiet until there's more data to collate.

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users