NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Road's End

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Got the picture all drawn up, just gotta scan it (or more likely, take a picture of it since I don't have a scanner. :/ )

#42 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Name: Kragnar Firebeard
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Affinity: Earth

Appearance: Kragnar is a pretty typical mountain dwarf. He stands around average height, always straight as an arrow and bearing himself with a proud, heroic air. A broad smile usually graces his features, which are rather handsome (at least, to other dwarves) thanks to bearing some noble Firebeard blood. He has mid-length, fire-red hair and a very long, thick beard that he keeps in intricate braids. Pale blue eyes twinkle from the hardened creases of his battle- and sun-worn face.
Skills: With only very rudimentary skills in survival, Kragnar is far more a warrior than a wanderer. He is an expert with many different weapons, and since he used to build siege golems for his clan, he has great knowledge of building and stonecutting. Since he dedicated so much of his time to fighting and studying runes, he has little other skills besides singing bawdy and/or heroic songs and playing a lute, which was his favorite pastime when not studying or drinking. As such, he tries to carry a lute with him wherever he goes.
Magic: Kragnar has some knowledge of Runic magic, as he has used it to give "life" to golems and create torches on his adventures. He cannot read runes, of course, but he knows a select few runes by heart and may be able to decipher certain others. Otherwise, however, he wields no magic.
Weapons: Kragnar wields an axe and carries a small knife (mostly meant for survival and/or carving), but his most precious item is his void iron shield. He also carries a crossbow, a quiver of bolts, and a small hammer and chisel, which he also considers "weapons" of a sort, though he rarely ever uses them.
Armor: Since he carries such a mighty shield and adventures far and wide, Kragnar wears fairly light armor for a dwarf. He is clad in a suit of chainmail and boiled leather, but he always wears a thick helmet made largely of deepsilver (resembles the one worn by the mountain dwarf here).

Origins: Born into the nobility of Clan Firebeard, one of the mightiest clans at the Dvaergarn Gate, Kragnar is the son of a head golem-smith. When he came of age, he immediately threw himself into battling hobgoblins, dark elves, and other dangers of the caverns. Whenever a battle didn't call him, Kragnar was studying Runic magic under the guiding wisdom of his father. This studying led him to a fascination - even obsession - with the gods and the creation of the world. Since he was always rather pious, he now became preoccupied with Ragnarok and fighting in the name of all Midgard. Though he loved his clan and his home, he felt it wiser to use his skills fighting the Chaos races and delaying Ragnarok as much as one dwarf could. He has wandered for many years, fighting evil wherever it reared its ugly head along the Jagged Edge in Northrim. Since he lives in a black and white world, Kragnar is very upset by any tales of the "good" creatures (dwarves, men, and elves) being defeated by "evil" (any kind of monsters and/or curses). He spends a good deal of time at Endibraut between his adventures, and now that he's heard of Sir Holt and the strange ruins, he is determined to find the source of whatever evil befell the knight - and put an end to it.

EDIT: All done! I'm here to add some pep to all the grim and grittiness going on here. :P Expect inspiring songs and boastful tales of glory.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#43 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I've got a character ready, I just need to find him a suitable picture and re-write the bio to make him a bit different. Should be up by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. ;)

#44 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

So, who's up for some tragic dwarven romance? :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

At least it isn't just tragic in a really awkward way, like a werewolf and halfling romance (???). :P

Kragnar's gonna sweep you off yer lady-dwarf feet with some not-at-all-vulgar songs. Maybe that's how dwarves woo each other.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#46 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

There'll be Dwarves woo-ing each other? Yikes... :P

Anyway, I hope the bio is good enough. I honestly couldn't think of a more suitable ending last night.

Name: Arthur Grafton
Race: Imperial
Affinity: Water

Appearance: Arthur is tall, lean and scruffy. His complexion is fair, and his dirty blonde hair he lets sit just atop his shoulders. He has cold blue eyes, and a well-kept beard. A picture for those who need it.
Skills: Arthur is skilled in catching fish; whether he has a knife, spear, net or rod, he almost always comes away with dinner. In addition, he is quite handy with a javelin, and believes that it strikes more fear into the enemy to see a javelin protruding from a comrade than an arrow. He also has acquired basic survival skills over the past few years, yet for some reason starting a fire is quite tricky for him.
Weapons: Arthur carries a sturdy Javelin which he’ll use as a throwing weapon or in some cases as a spear. He also carries a small skinning knife which he’ll use in a bind, and a cutlass for close quarters situations.
Magic: Not really his style.
Armor: Arthur wears mostly cloth as he values mobility over protection, but to protect his forearms and shins, he wears leather guards under his clothing.

Origins: Arthur was very young when the allure of the sea struck him. The son of a well to do family in the seaside city of Illikon, Arthur’s desire to sail the high seas in search of fame and fortune were realized in the latter part of his eighteenth year, when a man by the name of Roger Coolidge invited him to become a seaman on his vessel, The Cold Herring.

The Herring wasn’t the most impressive ship he’d ever seen, but Arthur was in no position to complain. Eagerly the boy accepted Coolidge’s invitation, and by January of the next year, he had taken the first step into what he had thought would be a life of grand adventure, and noble accomplishments. Unfortunately, in his excitement, Arthur had neglected to seek out the details of the ship’s maiden voyage, and after only a few minutes at sea, found himself in a world of trouble.

Captain Roger Coolidge or “The Scourge of Baldur’s Fjord” as he liked to be called, had tricked the young man into joining up on a pirate vessel. The contract was binding, and without any hope of escape, Arthur was forced to adapt to his fellow pirate’s cruel hazing, and even incurred a beating or two. For three years, Arthur sailed, ate, slept and lived beside his fellow pirate’s and eventually began to act as one of them, stealing and burning and pillaging alongside them, and earning their respect through his stout arm and clever mind. But throughout the years, despite his career, he clung to his old childhood morals, until one day he had had enough of the killing, and looting and general foulness of his fellows.

In the middle of the night, just hours before a planned raid on the coastal village of Roanburg, just north of Baldur’s Fjord, Arthur stole a lifeboat and rowed into town. The young man warned the villagers of the impending attack, helped them organize a quick defense, and took off south, back towards his home of Illikon, and never looked back.

#47 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Maverick-Werewolf: I don't feel like I have any right to critique your sign up, but there's nothing I really see wrong with it so that's not a big deal.

Tommy Gun: Cool, I enjoy seeing a character whose affinity directly relates to his skills and biography. I have no complaints about the sign up.

I'm still tentatively expecting sign ups from a few people who showed interest, as well as waiting for some to finish theirs. The RP will start before Friday.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#48 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Patron
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Drew is (probably) completely complete, unless anyone has anything they want me to change.

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#49 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Trying to create a good character here, using Ryoma's Guide to help a bit. :P

Name: "John Sturdywood. Like it? Made it up myself, I did. It's got a nice ring to it."
Race: "You're not too observant, are you? I'm a man, if you can't tell by the tall stature and the lack of pointy ears."
Affinity: "Well now, I never thought of that. Hmm, I guess I be an earth man myself, because of my comfort in nature and the like. I remember the time I caught a fawn with me bear hands. Didn't have the mind to kill it at the moment, seeing as I already had food on the table, and I do like creatures of the forest, so long as they show no hatred towards me."
Appearance: (couldn't find an accurate picture, so I'll describe him) Caucasian male, rough, weather beaten face. Dark brown, close to black hair above the shoulders but below the neck. Wears a green cloak, brown clothes, a dark brown belt, and dark brown boots. (Here's a rough idea of what he looks like)
Spoiler

Skills: "I can't read very well, only a word here and there, but I am good with a bow and arrow. Pretty good with a knife, too. Can't swing a sword to save my life, unfortunately, 'cause the day will come when I'll probably need one to save my life.
I did pick up a few skills down at the blacksmith's shop. I can re-forge a sword, so long as I have a sturdy platform and a fire. I know how to mend cracks in armor and the like.
I've always been good in dark, if that helps any."
Weapons: "Well, to re-state, I am good with a bow and arrow, so that's what I carry around. I have a two daggers hidden on my person. Where? Why then they wouldn't be hidden, would they? Oh, you're such a bother. Alright, I got one in my vest, another in my boot. Happy now? Just hope no pesky dwarves were listening. I met one that seemed to think I was an easy target to be robbed and-- No, I didn't kill 'im! Broke a couple bones in his arm is all, when he reached for my pocket!"
Armor: "I like to fight light. Too much weight in those breastplates, I gather, makes a man slow. No armor for me. Besides, I spent my last pieces of currency on the second dagger. I couldn't afford any more."
Origins: "Keep it short? You are a tyrant, I say. As far as I can remember I was in the forest, my best friends have always been the animals, though they're not much for conversation. Then again, they listen, unlike some blacksmiths I've made conversation with.

"Oh, but I'm trailing off again, aren't I? I'm sorry. So anyway, where was I? The forest? Right.

"So I learned to fend for myself. I'd go into town now and then. Was intrigued by the weapons that were being forged. I worked at a blacksmith's shop, earning my money while pretending to know whatever the heck they do there. Sure, I learned how to touch up armor, but I never got high up in trust enough to start work on forging, instead of mending. That blacksmith, he was always short with me. Had a bit of a temper too. Anyway, I saved enough for a knife, which in hunting money lead to a bow and arrow. I've been going here and there, in search of something more interesting to do. I heard of this quest, and, well, why not?"

Wow. That was fun. Gotta do more first person sign-ups. Anyway, this is my first Wulfgard RP, so I'm excited! Hopefully I'll be able to juggle this along with Stargazers, which I'm sure I'll be able to do.

Edited by Ouflah-la-la, 13 December 2012 - 01:16 AM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#50 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Patron
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Can't wait till this thing starts. Any indications of who is in, and who is not?

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#51 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Patron
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Or anything we need to correct?

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#52 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Drew is (probably) completely complete, unless anyone has anything they want me to change.

There are still a multitude of issues with the sign up. The character's skills are too plain to make me interested in him, he has what are, in my opinion, far too many weapons for someone who is also skilled in magic, and his bio is lacking in critical areas. For example, you make it sound like he simply up and decided to start using magic out of the blue, and happened to find a master and ended up being very talented. If you cut back on the weapons and simplify the bio to talk more about how exactly he started using magic, it might be a workable character.

Can't wait till this thing starts. Any indications of who is in, and who is not?

People who have edited their sign ups to the point where I no longer have suggestions are probably good to go, unless there is something fundamentally unfixable about the character, in which case they will be quietly left out.

Ouflah: A few issues: His skills are bland, and involve little more than the kinds of weapons he's proficient with, which you mention again later on in the weapons section. You mention in the bio that the character worked as a blacksmith's apprentice for a short time. Why not base some of his skills off of that? It may be useful to have someone who can touch up armor and weapons. Also, you don't specifically say what kind of armor he wears. Does "I like to fight light" translate as "I don't wear any armor?" I can't tell. Other than that good.

Finally, the RP might not start until after Friday. I've got finals to study for and houses to hunt. Busy busy busy. I'll try to get this posted as soon as possible.

#53 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Patron
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Understood! Good luck with finals!

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#54 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Patron
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Name: Aos Si
Race: Human
Affinity: Earth

Appearance: The Mask of Bhalthuuza, a mask made of warped-wood with sturdy elk antlers projecting out, covers the top of his face staring at above the mouth. Because Aos doesn't need to take it off to it, the mask is never removed around anyone; thus, his face is completely unknown to those who run into him. It is believed that this mask has in-fact merged with his face due to its spiritual properties that help him communicate with spirits around him easier, though that is only what the legends state.
Skills: Due to his innate control over nature, Aos possesses the ability to manipulate the earth around him by communing with the spirits of forests, mountains, and rivers. This comes in handy when tracking and pursuing an elusive enemy, or when simply navigating through an unfamiliar terrain. Thanks to his ability to gather intel using said spirits of nature, Aos is best made as a guide, though his spiritual magic also gives him the option of fighting foes as well. Aos tends to be easy to take down when fighting with a close-quarters-combat user due to his inability to wield a weapon or defend himself with anything but magic.
Magic: Spiritual - With the Earth affinity, Aos communes with the spirits of rocks, ground, and all types of plants. He may unearth large vines/roots from plants to entangle/strangle his opponent, cause a small avalanche of nearby rocks, or even lash out lumps of dirt to strike his opponent. Aos is constantly getting more creative with his techniques, interchanging styles of fighting with the different types of Earth available to him; he can occasionally be found dabbling in Water magic, though it is considerably weaker than his primary element.
Weapons: Because Aos has such a useful type of magic, he literally carries nothing. Any weapon needed can be crafted from the rocks, dirt, or plants around him. If he ever finds himself in a place lacking those elements in nature, like on a ship in the ocean, Aos would remain defenseless and would need to rely on his comrades. After all, his comrades would be the only reason he'd travel to such a vulnerable area in the first place. This lack of weapons is his main flaw.
Armor: A set of fine leather armor, including a cuirass, greaves, boots, and gauntlets. Hiding most of his armor is a raggedy, worn crimson cloak (pictured) that Aos is always seen wearing along with his Mask of Bhalthuuza(pictured).

Origins: While stories emerged all around the outskirts of the Warm Wood Forest telling of "Olcnacoillte" (meaning "evil of the woods"), most figured they were nothing more than fiction. Telling of the demon's habit to kidnap local children who misbehaved and steal their faces, this tall-tale was used to frighten children into listening to their parents for years to come. While these legends around Olcnacoillte may have been nothing but myths, the man they centered around surely existed, and that was Aos.

Residing in the forest with nobody but himself to rely on, Aos realized his innate ability for magic was his only possibility of living. He had no skills with weapons whatsoever, and magic seemed to be the only thing he could turn to, whether he wanted to or not.

Years in isolation gave him only resent and scorn for society, wishing anything but contact with it. Those trespassing into his territory would be attacked on sight, and after a killing enough people, he became a cold-hearted shell of a person. One day, Aos set out from the forest, believing that the meaning of life was meant only to face death. Thus he joined the party, eager to explore the world in search of evidence to prove himself correct. He is pessimistic, melancholic, and bears an impending-doom attitude.

Edited by Surtur, 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#55 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Ouflah: A few issues: His skills are bland, and involve little more than the kinds of weapons he's proficient with, which you mention again later on in the weapons section. You mention in the bio that the character worked as a blacksmith's apprentice for a short time. Why not base some of his skills off of that? It may be useful to have someone who can touch up armor and weapons. Also, you don't specifically say what kind of armor he wears. Does "I like to fight light" translate as "I don't wear any armor?" I can't tell. Other than that good.

Yeah, that's true. Ooh, blacksmith might be a good one. I'll try to work on those skills later today.

I wasn't sure how to phrase it, but yeah. The only "armor" he wears is leather, which isn't much.

EDIT: Fix'd! Tell me if it's good or not.

Edited by Ouflah-la-la, 13 December 2012 - 01:16 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#56 FearFiend

FearFiend

There's a time for bravery and there's a time for fear

• 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Do I need anything else for my character, like just little things that need touching up
Posted Image

#57 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Just because Jaysen doesn't want to talk anyone doesn't mean he won't. :P Go bug him.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#58 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Do I need anything else for my character, like just little things that need touching up

Nah, you're good to go.

#59 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'll be posting soon. :) Can't wait!

EDIT: Posted!

Edited by Ouflah-la-la, 15 December 2012 - 11:47 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#60 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Muffo, do you wanna settle all this hand-grabbing, or can I (attempt to) pull him out? :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users