NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official WG Wiki

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Lots of updates to the wikia. Here are some of the new things...

First off, the entire Characters section has been fixed up. All of the pages there have undergone edits, and there are many new ones. All of the characters there so far are some of the very most important to the entire setting and will be featured prominently in The Legend of the Five and/or Into the North. All of them will be getting pictures in the future, but for now, only a few have portraits. All-new and/or the most heavily edited articles include:

Tom Drake
Elektra
Daemonique
Al-Saffah
Fintan
Jorgen
Langstrom
Lord Plutarch
Magnhild
Minion
Surandil
The Hooded Figure
The Wanderer
Whisper

There is now a Stories section. More pages will be added to this section later.

There are also a few new pages elsewhere:

Minotaurs
Jotnar
The Golden Dragon
Rune of Binding
Kiliserkhet

And a page that the wiki's been needing for a while: Affinity.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I will take commissions for Race portraits.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#23 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

As all of the major info has been moved over to the Wiki now, I have changed the main menu of the Wulfgard website. The old "Characters and Creatures" button is now the "Lore Wiki" button. The wiki is now the one-stop shop for all your Wulfgard lore needs! :P

Meanwhile, the old "Locations & Lore" button has become simply "MAP". I'm working on a huge, heavily modified version of the old map that will go here. It will be interactive, allowing you to click on locations for more info, somewhat like the Nova Refuge starmap, but better-looking (and links will most likely lead to the Wiki). ;)

Expect the Latest Comic button to also return soon...

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#24 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I'm cleaning up the Wikia a little by making sure every page is in the proper category and making doubly sure that no pages have any kind of coding errors. I'm also slowly working on some new articles!

So far all I have is a page for Arachnians, the spider beastfolk. An image will be coming soon. Hopefully I'll have a few more pages up today, or at least a small page about The Legend of the Five, which will kind of be a placeholder until the series is formally announced with lots of sweet art and writeups and previews and fanfare.

If there are any specific pages anyone would like to see, please say so. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

A few minor updates to the wikia, namely some pictures (one for Arachnians, one for Minotaurs under Appearance). Expect some all-new pages soon, hopefully including (but not limited to) various pages on certain noble houses in Illikon and some character pages to go with it (such as one for Cassian Marks and other important characters from Illikon who don't already have pages), a page about chimeras, and a page about Amazons.

Also, a new section under beastfolk: Khelonians. Expect a full page on them later on, but be sure to go check out their little section. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Just a heads-up:

We're giving out forum badges for people who help out with the Wulfgard and NR wikis. If there's any particularly important piece of information that was brought up in the Q&A topic but isn't on the wikia, feel free to edit it into its appropriate article or - if necessary - create a whole new article to accommodate the information.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#27 Archon

Archon

Sith'ari

• Nova Patron
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think it's great that you're building an entire world and back-story instead of just kind of drawing a map and then writing a tale that takes place in it. Very detailed, and very nice!

Posted Image
Gamertag: Archonize

#28 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

So is there anything that a visual artist can do? I've been looking for projects to work on and if I had a page to illustrate, that would be cool.

I've come a long way from those 2012-2013 days...

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Pretty much any page that doesn't have any illustrations - or, heck, already has illustrations - is fair game. If you wanted to do some characters, I'd be cool with that. But if you want to do creatures, here's just a few examples:

Saurians (both the lizardfolk and the crocodilians)

Felesians (lots of different types of kitties on there :P)

Dragons (always fun)

Demons (crazy amount of variety in there)

Beastfolk are pretty specific in terms of what they look like (generally - with a few exceptions, like centaurs and satyrs - beast head, legs and feet, tail, claws, fur/scales/feathers/whatever; human arms, torso, hands) because of the curse and all that, but demons and dragons are way more random and you can pretty much go nuts with those. Especially demons, since demons are just... well, demons. :P I'd love to have more art of werewolves, but I'm preposterously nitpicky about those, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to try your hand at drawing those. And if you want to try out some armor designs on the beastfolk or something, that could be fun to mess around with. But I wouldn't really know, since I'm just a pedantic writer, not any kind of artist.

I'd love to see you do art of just about anything, really! I've consistently lurked your art topic, and it'd be great to see you do some Wulfgard stuff again. :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Great! Okay, so I think I'll start with Saurians and beast-folk and work my way to more anthropomorphic things and human characters.

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Sounds awesome. :D Can't wait to see 'em.

I was hoping to do more work on the wiki, myself... I still haven't finished that House Draconius page I started over Christmas break. Argh, college.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

So the heavy imperial armor this guy is wearing, is it possible?

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/14dltnj]dltn.jpg

#33 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

I must admit that shark-man in heavy armor is too awesome to pass up. :P Seems like it might be heavy for swimming, but I imagine shark-folk are quite strong. Maybe the unfortunate Imperial was a wealthy general in light-weight Deepsilver...

Great drawing! My only suggestion would be that he needs a big ol' shark tail. :)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#34 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

I must admit that shark-man in heavy armor is too awesome to pass up. :P Seems like it might be heavy for swimming, but I imagine shark-folk are quite strong. Maybe the unfortunate Imperial was a wealthy general in light-weight Deepsilver...

Great drawing! My only suggestion would be that he needs a big ol' shark tail. :)

Well thanks, actually there's a tail coming out from behind his left arm.

#35 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

Ohhh, now I see. :lol: Nice!

-Scorp

#36 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

That's seriously awesome, Dagoth! :D I love it! We'll have to expand that shark-men article to go with such a great illustration...

I've just finished overhauling the Demons page. It was far too long and ungainly, so I did a crazy thing and separated every demon and demon lord into their own pages. I've added lots of new info to plenty of them in order to expand their articles, and I plan to add more info to others later.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#37 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Of all the demons, which ones would you draw the most emphasis on?

#38 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Of all the demons, which ones would you draw the most emphasis on?

Scorp and I are working on designing the ones that'll be featured prominently in our stories, but there are lots I'd put emphasis on, myself. :P The Apophi, being the most evil of all demons, are fairly emphasized. Belphegs are actually among my favorite demons, just because I find them oddly hilarious, so I'd emphasize those too. :lol: I'd also call Harpies fairly important, as they're based on a creature from classical myth, and more emphasis is drawn to classical monsters in Wulfgard.

Erinyes, Banshees, Succubae (which Scorp has a design for but has not yet finished/posted :P), Algeion, and Abaddai will all eventually appear in various Wulfgard stories in some way, shape, or form (not to say that the others won't, but these are on the agenda). Scorp already drew one Abaddai for the wiki, though, so they're mostly covered for now. I was hoping to design an Algeion and a Banshee sometime soon, but with the way my time works, that probably won't happen for a while. I'd call those demons the most important, as characters exist that are somehow connected to at least one type of them (i.e. Kye, Daemonique, and others that are not yet revealed).

Anyway, it's whichever one(s) you think you'd enjoy drawing the most, really. Still, there are some ideas if you want to get into specifics. Hopefully all of them will have illustrations someday. And since they're demons, they can vary pretty widely in appearance from individual to individual, except for a few general features like are described on the wiki. Chaos, and all that. But they're demons - go hog wild. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#39 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Quick heads-up: I finally made a Wulfgard Wiki Contributor medal to go with the NR one, and awarded it to Lord Dagoth and Amarok! :) If it's not showing up under your profile yet, try refreshing a few times.

As if Amarok needs any more medals... :-P

-Scorp

#40 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

Quick heads-up: I finally made a Wulfgard Wiki Contributor medal to go with the NR one, and awarded it to Lord Dagoth and Amarok! :) If it's not showing up under your profile yet, try refreshing a few times.

As if Amarok needs any more medals... :-P

Awesome, thank you.

Okay, would an Apophi ever be caught with a scythe or some sort of creepy farm tool?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users